You're Mine

Coincidence Memories

 

21.
You're mine.
 
Training just ended, and all trainees were to report back to their dormitories to sleep, except for Xiumin.
 
*Should I, or not?* Xiumin was staring at the sky blankly with his mouth wide open as he thought, should he, or should he not?
 
Hae Ra was walking to her dormitory as she placed her hands in her pocket, when she saw Xiumin on a grass patch looking at the night sky blankly.
A smile formed on her face as she walked towards him.
 
"Xiumin, what's wrong?" Hae Ra smiled as she say beside him, looking at the sky, wondering why Xiumin's so attracted to the sky.
 
"No-nothing, just thinking of some stuff."  Xiumin pulled Hae Ra close to him.
 
"Xiumin.. EXO may see.." Hae Ra uncomfortably squirmed free and moved further away from Xiumin by an inch.
 
"What's wrong? Why can't we tell them?" Xiumin attempted to pull Hae Ra closer again but Hae Ra refused, shaking her head and she frowned.
 
"You do know that you're going to debut as a group right?" Hae Ra asked.
 
Xiumin nodded. "It's sooner or later, but Mr Lee doesn't want to tell us." Xiumin shrugged.
 
"If Lee Soo Man doesn't approve of our relationship that may break into a scandal, you may not be debuting. You know that too right?"
 
Xiumin nodded and looked at the sky. "But we have known each other for more than half of our life, it's fate. He can't do anything. And why are you so scared of telling EXO our relationship?"
 
"They .. May not approve." Hae Ra looked down.
 
"Too late. I have already told them. No big deal." Xiumin innocently shrugged, obviously lying through his teeth, but Hae Ra bought it.
 
"You what?!" Hae Ra shot up in surprise and her eyes widened.
 
"Relax. I didn't. But why are you scared? They will approve. And I don't care if Lee Soo Man approves or not, I'm still going to tell him our relationship. Besides, we can keep it underground right?" Xiumin confidently said, as he scooted even closer to her, wiggling his eyebrows and grinning widely.
 
Hae Ra sighed, as she thought, "but should we even keep it from them and also Mr Lee? They're going to find out, sooner or later.'
 
Xiumin pursed his lips, as he thought for a few seconds, before replying,"I'm not sure in the future, what will happen if both of us debut and our relationship is revealed. But now is now, let's just play ear by ear, alright?" Xiumin squeezed her hand and gave her an assuring smile.
 
Hae Ra smiled back and scooted closer to him, then rested her head on his chest.
 
"Ah yes. So when are we going to debut?"
 
"6 months or maybe a year later if there are any delays. Ah yes, and you may go to China for promotions, after all, you're group is focusing mainly on China." Hae Ra pointed out.
 
"Hmm. That means I won't be with you, what about you? When are you going to debut?"
 
"3 to 4 years if there are no delays."
 
"What?! That long?!" Xiumin broke the hug staring at her with wide eyes.
 
"No big deal. For your information, each trainee needs to be trained for 3 to 4 years, before debuting." Hae Ra shrugged.
 
"That means I won't be able to see you since I'll be going to China.." Xiumin sadly pouted, thinking about all those times when he's in China, Hae Ra would be in Korea still practicing non stop for her debut without him beside her.
 
"You will come back to Korea. Just a matter of time." Hae Ra patted his head and smiled, although she knew that it will be quite long till he will come back EXO-M.
 
"Hae Ra .. I won't see you this often now after I debut. Won't you miss me?" Xiumin said with sad eyes and her hair.
Hae Ra looked away. "Of, of course I would miss you. But I will still see you. Not to worry alright?" Hae Ra smiled.
 
"Hae Ra.." Xiumin pulled Hae Ra close to him and let her head rest on his chest then her hair, he wondered what will life be like without Hae Ra. 7 years without her. 7 years. And now they're going to be separated again, seriously? 
 
There was silence for a few minutes, before Xiumin spoke up, "I just wished you would be with me everywhere I go. I let you go 7 years ago, I'm not going to let you go again." Xiumin whispered to Hae Ra who was sleeping soundly,
 
He smiled at her sleeping face, and planted a kiss on her forehead, then rested his chin on her head, hugging her tightly before carrying her to her dormitory.
 
-
 
CLICK.
 
Hae Ra's dormitory door opened as Xiumin fiddled with the keys and took it out, before softly kicking the door open and carried Hae Ra to her bed.
 
He placed her in a comfortable position, and covered her with her blanket.
 
He slowly gazed at her sleeping face, and her cheeks.
Xiumin softly chuckled as Hae Ra let out a soft snore.
 
*Wish I could see you sleep every night, just you and me.*
"Good night and sleep tight. And of course, dream of me," Xiumin chuckled and pecked her lips quickly, before exiting the door and going back to EXO-M dormitory.
 
-
 
Back at EXO-M's dormitory, Xiumin stared at the ceiling, thinking about what happened during these few weeks. He must say, quite a lot of things happened in this few weeks, maybe too fast.
 
He got irritated by D.O. from his interruptions and pesters, got his memory back, remembered Hae Ra, and gave his first kiss to Hae Ra (which he always wanted to). Knew that his current mother, (foster mother) wasn't his biological mother, but he didn't really mind. He also found out that his biological mother, died in front of his eyes when he was young, was a really big blow to him, but still, he carried out his mother wish for him before her deathbed-Continue living, which so far, he carried it out. He also found out, even if he didn't get back his memory, and found out that he knew Hae Ra before meeting her in SM Academy, he had already fallen in love with her when spending times with her in SM Academy, and he felt jealous of D.O. being with Hae Ra too close.
 
And the last thing, which whenever Xiumin thinks about it, he will always sulk-Debuting. True, he wanted to debut, but if he debuts, he will have to go to China, and what does that mean? Living without Hae Ra which is like asking him to die.
 
He let her go 7 years ago, he can't afford to let her go again.
 
But he needs to.
 
Between career and love, he needs to choose which one, like what one's says, to get something, you need to sacrifice something.
 
He needs to sacrifice not being with Hae Ra for a period of time, but doesn't know how long that period of time is, hoping just a few months or so.
 
Getting back these memories, he really felt devastated but somehow, happy that he had knew Hae Ra long long long before D.O. knew.
 
"I know what I'm going to do now.." Xiumin whispered.
 
He thought about what he was planning to announce in front of EXO tomorrow, and after thinking through everything, he had a conclusion.
 
Xiumin shot up and punched his fist. "Yes. I am going to do this, tomorrow. Hwaiting." Xiumin nodded and said it with determination, quite aloud too. Or maybe too aloud that he woke up Kris.
 
"Xiumin! Shut up and sleep!" Kris shouted in Chinese and threw a pillow at Xiumin then turned around and covered his ears.
 
The pillow somehow landed straight as Xiumin's face, and he fell back on his bed groaning.
 
He lifted up the pillow and threw it back at Kris, which didn't land on Kris much to Xiumin's disappointment, and actually landed on the floor beside Kris's bed.
 
Epic. Fail.
 
Xiumin closed his eyes and thought. *You're mine, and I'm yours. Never am I letting go of you again. I know what I'm going to do tomorrow.*
Xiumin then thought about what he was going to plan, until his eyelids began to grow heavy, and Xiumin's eyes fluttered close, sending Xiumin to his dreamland.
 
-----