Introduction

Coincidence Memories

 

 

1
Introduction.
 
 
"And first place for vocal talent goes to, Yoon Hae Ra!" the announcer announced through a mike to 20 contestants.
 
Hae Ra quietly walked up to stage and bowed to the announcer and took the prize.
 
She went down back to her seat, and continued to stare at the ground while the announcer talks about some random stuff.
 
"Alright! Now I'll group you into groups! Hae Ra, Haebin, Eunji, Min-ah. You're in a group. When you reach there, you will be told further instructions." After the announcer announced the last group, Hae Ra grabbed her bag and the prize then went to her respective group.
 
When she assembled with 3 others. A girl came up to her, "Annyeong! I'm Eunji! What's your name?" Eunji beamed and waved.
 
"Hi. I'm Hae Ra," she said, that actually came out as a whisper.
 
"Can you say that again? I couldn't hear you," Eunji curled a strand of her hair to the back of her ear and leaned in.
 
Before Hae Ra could answer again, the instructor came.
 
"Good day! I'm your instructor for today. And after today, you will be dispersed to other rooms. Now Yoon Hae Ra, you are not to be here, go to room 11." The instructor said.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hae Ra bowed and walked straight to Room 11. Without looking up, she opened the door and bowed,"Annyeonghaesayeo. I'm Yoon Hae Ra." Hae Ra was looking at the ground, like it was so fascinating.
 
When she didn't get any response. She looked up and saw 6 pairs of eyes looking at her. 
One pair of eyes caught her attention. And she stared straight back.
 
*It's him.. No no. It can't be. It can't be. He's in America. He can't be here. Hae Ra shook the thought away and looked away.
 
"Ah. You must be Hae Ra. Welcome. This is room 11. Where some of the senior trainees are training here." a voice said.
 
"I must be in the wrong room then. I just auditioned and I have not started training." She bowed and was about to walk away when all of the sudden, the voice spoke again. "I'm your instructor and also this 6 other trainees' instructor. I'm Sukjin. You didn't go to the wrong room.  Soo Man, which is our founder of the company wanted you to be in this room." Sukjin came out behind the 6 of the trainees and smiled warmly at Hae Ra.
 
"Come here. I'll introduce you to them," Sukjin gestured her to come and pointed at the 6 boys.
 
She placed her bag and her prize at a corner and went to Sukjin.
"He's Kris. This is Luhan, Chen, Lay, Tao, who is the youngest of them all. And Xiumin. They have been training for 3 years in this room, and they stay in that dormitory just right there." Sukjin pointed out where the name of the dormitory was seen.
EXO-M. Kris, Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen, Tao.
 
"Soo Man is planning to name them EXO-M. So maybe you can just call them EXO-M if you want to. There's 2 groups. One is called EXO-M, which consist of these 6 members, and EXO-K, which consist of another 6 members, they are just opposite us." When Hae Ra heard Xiumin's name, her heart sank. *It's .. Not him*
 
They all smiled widely at her, especially Xiumin and Tao.
 
Hae Ra waved back, not having eye contact with any one of them.
 
Tao took the initiative and slung an arm around Hae Ra's neck."Annyeong! I'm Tao! The aegyo king! Not even Sehun could beat me! Your name is .. Hae Ra right? Yoon Hae Ra, right?"
Hae Ra nodded, still not making eye contact, and also not asking Tao who is Sehun.
 
"You will be training with them for 3-4 years. You will have your own dormitory, and here's your training schedule." Sukjin explained and handed Hae Ra her schedule.
She took it and read it.
*Singing
 Dancing
 Rapping
 Break 5 minutes
 Singing
 Lunch
 Exercise
 Sleep
Woah. Everything is all 2 hours and more except for lunch and break. Geez. It's kinda of hard.. Wonder how these guys could handle it..*
 
"It's quite tough. But well, this is what singers experienced before debuting. After debuting, it gets worse," Sukjin said.
Hae Ra nodded as he said.
 
"Alright. You will have a rest for today. Tomorrow you gotta wake up at 5.30am, be prepared. Your dormitory is just right at the corner. Go straight and turn left. That would be your dormitory. As for these guys, they still gotta practice," Sukjin patted their backs and they continued training.
 
Hae Ra then excused herself and went to her look for her dormitory.
 
When she was about to step out of the room, Sukjin pointed out, "And one more thing. Your dormitory is just right opposite EXO-M's. So anything you need, you can just ask them."
 
Hae Ra then looked back, and thanked Sukjin, and looking at Xiumin once more to identify something, then with her heart sank, she went out of the dormitory.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hae Ra soon found her dormitory and opened it. It was small, but actually quite big for just a person to stay in. She dropped her bag onto the bed and dropped herself onto a couch.
 
She sighed as she took out the photo of her childhood lover- the only thing that Hae Ra had left. Nothing but just that picture of him, smiling brightly when he was 6.
*That guy.. He looks exactly like him. Although I didn't see you for 7 years, I could still recognize you.* Hae Ra thought.
 
*Sigh. You promised. You would come back for me. It's going to be 7 years since you left me.. Have you forgotten me?* Hae Ra stared at the picture while touching it. A tear unknowingly slid down her cheek.
 
Hae Ra glanced at her watch and at the calendar.
 
*20th April. I hope to see you there..* with that, Hae Ra drifted off to sleep, holding the picture in her hands.
 
-----