Chapter 37 - "We belong together..."

The Wedding Planners

THE WEDDING PLANNERS

(A/N): Hello, lovely! Happy reading and please leave me your thoughts inside the comment section, okay??? Thanks! And don't forget to watch the trailer for my new story in chapter 48~~~~ *flying kisses*

“Congratulations to dearest Zhang Song Ju!!!” Ara, Lay and Kyuhyun clapped their hands in unison. The five years old boy lit up his broad smile towards his parents as his own pinkish was applauding cheerfully along with them. His little brother, Seung Min who sat next to him could only watch them with an uninterested face.

“Here’s a present from me, Song Ju ah! Hope you’ll like it...” Lay added afterward and he stretched out his hands with a middle sized box placed inside it. Song Ju yelled in excitement before he took the box from his dad.

“Aigoo!!! Thank you so much, appa! You’re the best!” Song Ju replied, making a thumb up to him but Ara pouted on him.

“Please...not only your appa that is trying his best...give omma some credit too...here, I baked your favorite chocolate cake!” she insisted as she put down a big round cake on the center of the table. Song Ju and Seung Min widened their eyes on it.

“Waaahhh!!! It looks delicious, omma! Thanks!!!” Song Ju thanked her and he jumped down from his chair. Running towards Ara, she grinned on him and opened up her arms to welcome her son. Lay and Kyuhyun could only smiled and shook their heads upon seeing the loving mother-son bonding between them. Lay took a quick glance on Seung Min and saw his dull expression. He smiled thinly before turning his body to the little one.

“Yah, Seung Min sshi! What is it that bothering your mind huh??? Care to tell, appa???” he asked him, smiling his cute little dimple that was also genetically resembled by Seung Min if he ever smiles. Seung Min stared sharply on him but he sighed and looked down.

“I know that I can’t get all of this...I’m not as talented as Song Ju hyung...I won’t stand a chance to win any competition and receives presents from anyone...” he complained with his low, soft voice. Ara and Song Ju stopped cheering between them and they turned to look at him. Lay and Kyuhyun exchanged guilty looks among them before Ara let out a sigh. She put down Song Ju back on his feet before she walked over to take a sit next to Seung Min.

“Seung Min ah...” she called out gently and wrapped an arm protectively around his small shoulders. Ara rested her head on his.

“We both love you guys equally...no matter you’ve got the same talent as your brother or not, despite all of that...omma and appa will always love you...” Ara lifted up her face and stared down to Seung Min who was blinking his roundy eyes to her. She smiled, “We will cherish both of you...forever...”

Lay grinned towards them and nodded his head firmly, “Yeah...after all, your Song Ju hyung won’t be receiving these presents if he didn’t win the singing competition today...I’m not that kind to buy him any of it actually...appa is such a stingy man, you know...”

He tried to joke and laugh out loud but Seung Min simply smirked to him. He replied coldly.

“I’m not expecting any present from you anyway...I would be delighted if I receive it from Kyuhyun appa...” his words swept away the smile from Lay’s face. Ara furrowed on their little son too, lost her own word as Kyuhyun broke out the situation by clearing his throat out loud.

“Em...ehem! Aigoo, Seung Min dear...I didn’t know that you’re expecting it from me...so I don’t buy it today...let’s try again next time, okay???” Kyuhyun smiled and held up his palm towards Seung Min to make a deal with him. Seung Min cheered a ‘yay’ and replied him a high-five. Song Ju rolled his eyes upon watching them.

“Well, whatever! Let’s eat the cake!” he interrupted and jumped on Lay’s lap to reach the table. Ara chose to drop the matter too as she walked to stand next to her husband’s chair. She handed Song Ju with the plastic knife as her other hand was patting Lay slowly on his shoulder, silently consoling him. Lay felt her warm touch and he grinned up to her, nodding his head.

“Seung Min ah! Since you didn’t get this cake as a present for you, how about you try it out first??? Here, say ‘ah’...” Song Ju was being naughty when he cut a small piece of the chocolate cake and shoved the spoon towards Seung Min. His little brother watched him questioningly but then Ara grinned and nodded to him, signaling for him to take the offer from Song Ju to feed him.

Seung Min slowly opened his small mouth, waiting for Song Ju to stuff the spoon inside it but then as it almost reach his lips; Song Ju shrieked and playfully pushed the caked on his cheek instead.

“Hyung!!!” Seung Min yelled out as Song Ju laughed on top of his lungs. Pointing his finger on his brother, Song Ju .

“Yeah!!! Seung Min got new makeup! Chocolate BB cream powder!!!” he screamed as he stuck out his tongue towards Seung Min.

“Hyung!!! Come here!!!” Seung Min got on his feet and he was ready to chase for his elder brother. Song Ju screamed once again before he got down from Lay and was hysterically running away from Seung Min.

“Wait, wait! Yah, both of you! Stop chasing around!” Ara started to yell at them, putting up her hands on her hips while watching them with wide eyes. But Kyuhyun could only give a help by laughing out loud while Lay blinked his eyes to Ara.

“How did Song Ju know about BB cream huh???” he asked her dully but Ara face palmed to him. “Oh my! Of course he did, he watched me putting on my makeup every morning!”

“I see...that’s why you’re becoming prettier each and everyday...so the secret is BB cream huh???” he answered her blankly, sounded foolish only to receive a nice smack from Ara.

“You’re seriously not helping at all! Yah, Kyuhyun sshi! Help me to catch those monkeys...I don’t want them to run around and ruin this cafe...” Ara called out to him and started to catch for Song Ju, leaving Kyuhyun to handle Seung Min but Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Nah...don’t bother about them...let them act like Tom and Jerry while we’re enjoying this...now, this tastes good! Where did you buy this, Lay sshi???” Kyuhyun relaxed himself against the seat as he spooned himself with the cake. Lay bit his lips, glancing around to Ara and their kids before he looked back to Kyuhyun. He didn’t really sure whether to help his wife or continue to enjoy the cake like Kyuhyun had suggested. At last, Lay smiled to him.

“Em...didn’t Ara told you that she baked it herself??? I don’t even have idea...” he was about to answer him but they stopped halfway when they caught sound of a bell was ringing. Ara stopped running at once and she turned her head to look at Lay and Kyuhyun. Both of the men were staring off space too before they heard someone pulled open the front door of the cafeteria and stepped in. Lay frowned while standing up.

“I thought I put up the sign ‘CLOSED’ there...who’s the Pokémon actually???” he hissed, slightly felt agitated when he had already closed this cafe but there was still any anonymous who shamelessly came in! Lay excused himself from the rest as he walked into the cafeteria from the outside balcony. As he took his steps, it paused halfway once he looked up and caught sight of a person – a girl.

There she was, standing next to one of the tables as she smiled up brightly to him. Lay gulped down the curiosity that he felt; it was Tiffany that suddenly showed up here. She pouted slowly when she saw Lay was avoiding her eyes and Tiffany took her steps further to approach him. She ended up standing in front of Lay.

“It has been a long time since we met, Zhang Yixing sshi...how do you do?” she greeted and stretched out her palm to him. Lay watched her in confusion. It was true; it had been more than ten years since he met this girl. The last time that he ever saw her face to face was on the day when he decided to leave the company and went back to Ara. Finally, Lay cleared his throat and forced a thin smile to her.

“Annyeong...yeah, it has been a while...I’m doing fine...how about you???” he asked her back, taking her hand to shake it swiftly before pulling away. Tiffany chuckled at him.

“You’re not changing at all, Lay sshi...always feeling afraid of being touched by me...” she while shaking her head but Lay laughed shortly to her.

“No, you’re wrong...I’m changing a lot...see??? I’ve got them already in my life...” he corrected as he stepped aside to show Tiffany the small family that he had now. Tiffany tilted her head to a side, looking out at the balcony and saw Ara was laughing and joking with two little boys. Judging from the combination of their look, Tiffany had no doubt that the kids belonged to Lay and Ara. She curved up a warm smile and looked back to Lay.

“Wow! That’s impressive! You’ve got yourself two little heroes...” she commented before Lay giggled in happiness. He took another glance towards Ara and their children.

“Yeah...they’re my everything now...” he replied before both of them fell silent. Tiffany shifted uncomfortably on her feet as she eyed around the cafe. To break the tension between them, she started asking again while waving her hands around.

“So this is where you’re working huh??? Owner of a cafeteria???” she guessed to him. Lay followed her direction and he laughed out sheepishly.

“Yeah...come, take a seat...I’ll give you a taste on my special coffee latte...” he invited, pointing his hand out on the table as he started to walk inside the counter and brewed the coffee for her. Tiffany smiled but she took a seat around the table that was facing the counter. She eyed him closely as Lay moved like a professional while brewing the coffee. She chuckled again.

“What are you now??? A barista???” she teased but Lay nodded his head confidently.

“Yeah...I’m a proud owner of this cafe and a skillful barista here alongside with my side co-workers...” he answered truthfully but his dimpled smile turned out into a smirk at the end. Tiffany rolled her eyes and swung her long hair around her shoulders. She elbowed her hands on the table.

“So how about your passion in music??? All vanish at once???” she asked him again and it made Lay to stop from pouring down the coffee into a cup. He looked up to check Tiffany’s face as his mind wondered back to his former group, Exo. A minute after that, he smiled.

“No...my passion is always there...see the small stage??? I usually have a band performing here every night...plus, I’m helping the group to compose their indie songs too...” Lay explained to her, walking out from the counter with the cup as he tilted his chin to indicate about the stage. Tiffany followed his gesture but then she nodded understandingly.

“Yeah...it’s good to know that...but it is much better if you can be with Exo right up until now...” she said, slowing down her voice when she mentioned about Exo. Lay took a place across from her and he studied her face. He saw the slight of regret that shown on her pretty face. He smiled alone, Lay was grateful that after all these years, Tiffany was still a caring person towards him. She managed to find him all the way here and even asked him about his condition now.

“Thank you, Tiffany sshi...” he suddenly said, making Tiffany to look up at him. She frowned to him.

“Why you’re thanking me???”                                                                                                             

“Because I won’t experience such a wonderful time without your help back then...you’re the one that gave me a chance to stand as an idol and have my own group...I am truly, grateful for it...” he added again while Tiffany blinked. Slowly, she grinned again before shaking her head.

“I’m not doing anything...if I really am, sincere to help you...then I won’t let you go during that time...I won’t let you leave the company only for her...” she refused to admit it again. They smiled to each other before Lay shifted his eyes towards Ara.

Of course, deep inside his heart, he had never regretted it. To leave everything behind only to have the life that he lived today, he was much satisfied with it. Lay was even more prideful when he knew that he at least had achieved something in life – a family, an establish job and a peaceful life. That was all he ever wished for as Lay recalled again the night when he decided to let go of everything only to be with Ara. It was the same night when Ara was supposed to go to London with Kyuhyun while he was still at his major concert...

************************************************

“I can’t take this anymore!” Lay yelled to his manager once he got down from the stage and rushed to the back of it. His manager narrowed his eyes and growled to him.

“What do you mean by that?! You’re the one that decided to stay in the group! You should be responsible with your own decision!” Lay hissed to him but he shook his head.

“I don’t care about being responsible anymore! It’s better to leave before the fans know everything...the whole thing that we ever lied to them! I’ll make a press conference and explain everything...just let me go...” he simply concluded as he entered the changing room. But then he paused his steps when he saw that the whole Exo members were already waiting for him. Lay swallowed down the bitterness that he felt as he trailed his eyes down to the couch and saw his president was sitting side by side with Tiffany.

She had her eyes teary with regret but she seemed to stop herself from crying out for him. Lay looked away from her and he turned to fix his eyes on the Exo members instead. He bowed down to them.

“I’m terribly sorry, guys...but I don’t think I can ruin this group anymore...all of you have a better future to live with...that’s why I think, it’s better to go on without me than to let me stay inside and cause more troubles to all of you...please, forgive me...and let me live my life normally again...let me quit from Exo...” he requested to them firmly as he kept his head down, decided not to stand straight back until each of s agreed to let him go. Honestly, he felt extremely awful to leave them high and dry like this but...for the sake of Go Ara, he was more than willing to lose everything.

Joon Myeon sighed heavily but he was the first to step out. He paced towards Lay and stopped in front of him. He pushed his shoulders upward so that Lay was facing him again. Slowly, Joon Myeon smiled to him.

“It’s your life, Lay ah...we don’t have any right to decide on it...neither to go against it...” he started as Baekhyun and Minseok exchanged looks between them. At least, Baekhyun nodded and he approached the two.

“Yeah...we could only wish the best for you after this...” he added as Baekhyun circled an arm around Lay’s shoulders. Lay smiled gratefully to them before Minseok and Jong Dae came simultaneously. The members grinned to each other before they punched Lay’s chest as a farewell sign.

Tiffany held her breath, she refused to cry but then she heard their president was sighing out loud. They turned to look at him and he picked up a paper from the coffee table in front of him. Lay watched him before the president sighed to him and he tore the paper into pieces. He threw the paper back on the table.

“Go on then...go away and never come back...you’ve got no contract under this company anymore...I strictly forbid you from coming back here or even have anything to do with Exo...” he coldly concluded before Lay slowly smiled to him. He nodded his head and gave him a 90 degree bow. Tiffany watched him with wide eyes.

“Thank you so much, president! I’ll take my leave now...” he replied and gave s another last hug before Lay picked up his bag and ready to walk away. Tiffany pushed her body to stand up.

“No!” she yelled in disbelief as everyone turned looking at her. Lay was stopped by the door too as he gazed intensely on her. Tiffany was shaking her head as she ran to his side and grabbed Lay by his arm. She shook him for a while.

“Please, Lay! I beg you...don’t go...don’t ruin your career for her...she left you already, Lay ah...she isn’t with you anymore...the prince took her away...you can’t go and look for her back...” Tiffany tried to plead at him but Lay forced a thin smile and he gently put down her hand from holding him.

“Sorry...but I have to go...Ara is mine...no matter what is stand between us...take care of yourself...” he gave her a last reply before he stormed out and never looked back again. Lay went straight to the airport and luckily, Ara was still waiting for him there. She was alone when Lay saw her sitting at one of the benches nearby the boarding area. Lay widened his smile in relief and he picked up his paces towards her.

“Yah, Go Ara!!!” Ara flinched in shock once she heard the voice. She couldn’t quite believe her ears when she heard that voice, the one that belongs to her dearest Lay. She looked up, glancing around her only to stop her eyes on a familiar face. Ara blinked once she saw the same way Lay was smiling to her. He stood a few steps away from her with that irresistible dimpled smile on his face. Ara quickly pinched her lap and she yelled in pain when she did feel the sting on her skin.

“Ouch!” she rubbed and looked back to Lay. It means that it was real, Lay who stood there was real! Ara forced her body to stand and she walked slowly to him. Lay kept on smiling but he grew impatient until he lastly ran to her and scooped her up inside his arms. Ara tightened her arms around his shoulders too as she was crying again.

“Lay...what are you doing here???” she asked between her sobs as she felt Lay’s fingers were her long hair gently.

“Then what are you doing here??? I thought you’re going to London with Kyuhyun sshi...” he replied her with a chuckle. Ara smiled alone before she pushed him away slowly to stare up to his handsome face.

“I can’t...” Ara shook her head. “...because my London is you...”

Lay spontaneously laughed back to her and nodded his head, “Yeah...it’s the same for me too...my everything is you now...”

******************************************************

Lay found himself was chuckling over the memory. Tiffany raised up her eyebrow to him before she cleared .

“Care to go back with Exo??? I can arrange something for you...it’s better than to be only a cafe’s owner here...” she tested him but Lay gave her a shake on his head without even thinking twice for her offer.

“No, thank you...I made a promise that Ara is everything for me...and so forever, it will stay like that...” he answered shortly as he tilted his head to check on his family again. Lay grinned broadly when he watched the bright smile of Ara and cheerful laughter from his sons – he was grateful to only have them. Tiffany eyed him from sideway before Lay chuckled and looked back to her.

“Isn’t it good to be ordinary??? I’m thankful that I belong with them...and not as an idol...this is my life, Tiffany sshi...bear with it...”

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

“Good night, handsome...” Lay whispered to Song Ju and he landed a kiss on his forehead. Song Ju had already drifted to sleep as Lay switched off the light and closed the door of his room.

He walked away from there, approaching another room that situated next to Song Ju’s but he stopped in front of the door when he heard voices were talking to each other. Lay peeked through the small jar of the door and saw Ara was lying her body on Seung Min’s bed. Their little son lay next to her while having Ara to pat him continuously on his thigh.

“Omma...” Seung Min called out, tugging Ara on her collar. Ara smiled down to him.

“Yes, honey? What is it?” she asked, briefly kissed the boy on his cheek. Seung Min frowned to her.

“Is it true that appa used to be a singer before???” his sudden question made Ara and Lay to both having crease on their foreheads. Though Ara didn’t know that her husband was actually listening to them but she was caught in confusion because of it too. She had never expect it for Seung Min to ask them like that. But Ara still smiled a little to him.

“Did your hyung tell you so???” she guessed and of course her prediction was right when Seung Min gave her a nod. Ara chuckled under her breath, now she knew how Song Ju had a big mouth and boasting around about Lay’s past history.

She nodded her head and hugged Seung Min closer to her chest, “Yes, honey...your father used to be a singer long before...why???”

“Why did he stop then??? Appa is good at singing, right??? He should be a singer...” Seung Min protested about his opinion on the matter but Ara stared down to him. She shook her head, didn’t really know how the mind of kids nowadays work. Then she curved up her warm smile before lowering her forehead towards Seung Min. She pasted their heads together as she said,

“If appa continue to be a singer, then there will be no us today...he will stay with work instead of being with us...do you want that???” Ara asked her son but Seung Min pouted.

“I would be happy if I was born first before Song Ju hyung...” Lay stood straight again on his feet when he heard Seung Min commented like that. It was a heavily meaningful words said by a little 3 years old boy like him. Lay tilted his head to look inside again but he noticed that Ara had already sat on the bed.

She picked Seung Min up by her arms and made him to sit facing her. Ara cupped his face inside her palms as she stared closely on his cute face.

“Seung Min ah...why did you say it like that??? Don’t you love it??? To have an older brother than can be your playmate???” she guessed to him but Seung Min rolled his eyes.

“Song Ju hyung always bully me...he said that I’m not appa’s child because I can’t sing or play piano like him...I can’t do anything that he and appa can do...I’m not talented as them, omma...” Lay let out a long sigh once he finally knew the reason on why Seung Min was always cold to him. It was because he had been deceived by Song Ju’s words. As he thought of it, Ara shook her head.

“No, sweetheart...there’s no such thing...have you ever thought about it? Sometimes when you’re not like your appa, then you may look like me??? I’m your omma, honey...I’ve got my own talent...talent is something that someone develops through time...it will come to you sooner or later...you just got to believe yourself, okay???” as Ara advised their son, Lay peered again towards them and he smiled.

He knew that his wife can convince their little son. Lay decided to leave them alone as he kept his hands inside his pockets and walked down the stairs, thinking of waiting for Ara in the living room. Meanwhile, Seung Min stared long enough to his mother’s face until he finally nodded to her. Ara smiled in relief.

“That’s my lovely son...” she pulled Seung Min tightly into her arms. “Sometimes, you just can’t believe everything that your hyung tell you...I’ll talk to Song Ju about it...but I need you to promise me a thing...no matter whatever the reason is, you just can’t abandon your appa...your real appa...he loves you so much and you need to always remember it...okay??? Promise???”

Ara held up her last finger towards Seung Min. They grinned to each other before Seung Min slung his own finger to hers and they shook it as a sign of their promise.

“Good boy...now go to sleep...” she kissed him on his forehead before back again getting Seung Min to lie properly on the bed. Ten minutes after that, Ara finally got out from the room when she had successfully got Seung Min to sleep.

Ara walked down from the stairs to see Lay was sitting on the couch. He didn’t watch the TV but simply staring off to the wall in front of him. Ara smiled alone and she walked over to him. She stopped behind the couch and suddenly wrapped her arms around Lay’s neck.

“Yah!” Lay jumped a bit, snapping out from his deep thoughts when Ara appeared out of nowhere like that. Ara kissed him on his cheek as she checked out his face from sideway.

“What is it that stuck in your mind, hubby???” she asked him softly as Lay relaxed inside her arms again and sighed.

“I don’t know...about Seung Min maybe...” he answered under his breath but Ara snorted to him.

“You’re eavesdropping on us huh???” she teasingly guessed while Lay chuckled a bit.

“No...it’s an accident...” he replied with confidence only to make Ara rolling her eyes even more. She let go of him and held out her hand instead. Lay looked down on her palm before he slowly darted his eyes up to her face. Lay raised his eyebrow questioningly.

“What is this for???” he asked but Ara clicked her tongue and grabbed Lay by his right hand. He followed blankly as Ara dragged him towards the main door of their house.

“Let’s have a night walk with me...you need to wind off a little...” she said as she locked the door but Lay shook his head in disapproval.

“We can’t leave our sons alone...it would be too dangerous...” he reminded but Ara tapped him on his shoulders.

“I got it, grandpa! But are you forget that we still have the maid living with us??? It’s okay to relax a bit...we need a time of our own...come on...” Ara insisted and continued to cling her arm onto Lay. He bit his lips hesitantly but started to smile in joy when he could finally feel the night breeze was blowing around them.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

“Ahh! This feels good!” Lay finally immersed into the enjoyment as he swung Ara’s hand that was still entwined to him. Ara laughed out to him but she let her husband acting all kiddy.

Sometimes they were running, sometimes they were tiptoeing and there was also a moment when Lay and Ara took turn in carrying one another on their back.

“Argh...argh...you...you’r...you’re so heavy, Lay ah!” Ara was trying her best to piggy back him but Lay refused to get down from his wife. In fact, he even tightened his grip around her neck and clung his legs stronger around her waist. He laughed out loud.

“Hahaha!!! I don’t care! Carry me until I’ll voluntarily get down from you!” he was acting all mean to her but Ara bit her lips in anger and tiredness. She felt like throwing him down right away but suddenly Lay yelled out over something, making Ara to stop struggling with her steps.

“Ah!” he screamed, sounded like he was remembering something.

“Ah! What???” Ara tried to tilt her head a little, looking at him but Lay had already jumped off from her back. She howled in pain as her hands busily massaging her waist and both side of her shoulders. Ara glared to him.

“Seriously, Zhang Yixing! You’re such a pig!!!” even when Ara was insulting him but he never got mad. Instead, Lay continued to smile broadly as he pointed his finger on the road ahead of them.

“Look, Ara ah! It’s the place when everything started!” Lay cheered, clapping his hands while Ara frowned to him.

“Huh??? What??? What is it that starting???” she questioned in confusion but as she looked around to where her husband was pointing, Ara found herself was smiling in happiness too. They stood side by side there as they were giggling together. Lay looked down on his wife and at the same time, Ara turned to check him too.

“This is the place when we first talked to each other...” Lay told her, recalling the moment when Lay suddenly approached her in the middle of this road and asked Ara to marry him. Ara nodded and laughed at the thought.

“Yeah...and you crazily asked me to marry you...” she added, grinning again and threw her sight again on the road. She was so busy recalling the moment while Lay was too absorbed in studying her face closely. He trailed his eyes on all over her sideway face and Lay thought that Ara looked completely beautiful to him under this shining moonlight.

His eyes stopped on her lips and he had an urge to kiss her. Sheepishly, Lay cleared his throat and scanned around. There were no other people except for them because it was almost midnight now. Perfect, he thought naughtily as he turned his body around to face her.

“Ara yah...” he called out gently and started to reach out for her hands.

“Hmmm???” she gazed up to him but suddenly they were shock by the thunder, striking out of nowhere in the skies and now they realized it that they had been drenched fully inside the heavy rain.

Lay stood frozen while Ara was breaking out into weird laughter – feeling excited for the rain and not even bother to think about running away to hide anywhere else. She stretched out her hands as she lifted her face up to let the rain freely splattering on her face. Closing her eyes, she started to move in circle around her husband. Lay helplessly watched her moving around before he hastily trying to pull out his jacket, wanted to shield her from the rain but Ara saw him and stopped jumping in front of him. She walked closer to Lay.

“Yixing ah...don’t get yourself exposed to the rain...it’s dangerous...” she suddenly called him using his Chinese name. Lay stopped halfway from trying to get his body out from his jacket as Ara put up her palms on top of his forehead and covered his face from drenching by the rain. Lay smiled to her, knowing that it was useless to protect him like that since he was totally wet now, from head to toe.

They stared to each other deeply before Ara whispered to him, “You can’t get yourself cold...because you’re our appa now...a leader in our family...you need to stay healthy and you can’t give up on Seung Min...promise me that you won’t give up on him...because we’re family, Lay ah...we belong together...”

Lay was touched by her encouraging words. Even though the rain was cold on his whole body but deep inside his heart, he was warmed by her care and love. Lay gave her a firm nod and he resumed taking off his jacket. Now he replaced her palms with his jacket as it was his turn to protect Ara from the rain. Lay placed the jacket on her head and patted Ara there.

“I promise you, Ara yah...we are family and we belong together...you, Song Ju, Seung Min and me...” he concluded, smiling brightly to her before he pulled Ara into his arms. She didn’t manage to reply a word or stop him when Lay had already pasted his lips on hers.

Ara smiled between their kisses but she responded quickly to him, circling her arms around his neck. Yeah, let it rain as long as they were together. They would be just fine, she thought.

To be continued...

"I was supposed to be his wedding planner, not his bride!"