Chapter 15 - "I'm crying like a fool here..."

The Wedding Planners

 

THE WEDDING PLANNERS

(A/N): This chapter is slightly rated! And welcome to my new subscribers: Rin-Ji, bellaburn and LovelySari!! Thanks a lot for willing to read this story so I hope all of you will continue to support this fic...***bow***

Sooyoung rubbed the screen of her cell phone. She had been waiting for this few past days but what she was hoping had not yet come to her. She sighed in mixture of anger and despair before she bit her lips. Suddenly someone cleared his throat.

“Morning, Sooyoung ah...”, Sooyoung looked up to fix her eyes on a man, walking over to join her at the dining table. She frowned to him as he landed his on a chair next to her.

“Morning, appa...”, she greeted him back and grabbed up her glass to sip on her juice.

“It’s rare for you to have your breakfast with me...”, she commented again after gulped down her fresh orange juice and the man laughed.

“I’m just having some free time this morning...”, he answered truthfully and Sooyoung smiled crookedly. She was right about her father; Mr. Choi won’t be spending his time with her without any intention. So he must be here for any special reason. Sooyoung thought before she put down her fork and gazed up to him.

“Go on...spit it out anything that you want to tell me...”, she said, heading straight to their business. Mr. Choi chuckled.

“Well...you’ve become so much straight forward than the last time I saw you...”, he replied and Sooyoung jerked up her eyebrow.

“It had been a month since you last talking to me...so don’t pretend like you really care about any changes in me...now, tell me...”, she forced him with the matter again and Mr. Choi smirked to his cunning daughter – guessed that was the talent resembled from him to Sooyoung. Then he finally nodded his head.

“Okay...let’s just be honest, shall we??? Actually, I want you to get married...”, Mr. Choi confessed to her and Sooyoung almost slipped the glass that she was about to lift it up inside her hand. Immediately, she put it down again and stared on his father with wide eyes.

“What...what did you say??? You want me to get married??? With who???”, Sooyoung asked in disbelief but as Mr. Choi was about to open his mouth, explaining about it, a maid came to approach Sooyoung around the table.

“Excuse me, miss...here is your medicine and vitamin...”, she said and placed down a small plate contained with all the pregnancy nutrition supply for her young madam. Sooyoung hissed in irritation but she slightly nodded and waved her hand to chase the maid away. She just bowed to her and turned back to leave them. As she disappeared, Mr. Choi eyed those pill ate by Sooyoung.

“Since when did you take vitamin??? Is this got anything to do with your health???”, he questioned her, frowning in curiosity but Sooyoung just shook her head.

“Nothing...just for extra energy supply...”, she reasoned out, covered the truth that she had already 3 months being a pregnant woman. But before she managed to pick up the last vitamin on the plate, her father had already taken it out. Mr. Choi stared closely on the round shaped vitamin before he signed and clicked up his fingers.

“Yes, master???”, a maid came to serve him. Mr. Choi glared sideway to his daughter while Sooyoung gulped down and avoided his eyes – she knew what her father will do with that vitamin. He was someone that won’t easily be satisfied by incomplete answer so she knew that her father will definitely investigate more about that vitamin. But the most important thing was Sooyoung would be a dead meat after Mr. Choi realizes the fact that she was pregnant! She inhaled deeply and was about to start talking; explaining about the vitamin but Mr. Choi was fast enough to cut her word.

“Bring out all the vitamins took by your miss...I want to see it...”, he commanded, eyes fixed fiercely on Sooyoung. She clicked her tongue and shook her head.

“Appa, no! What are you trying to do??? I told you I’m just taking those vitamins for my extra supplement! Nothing more than that! Why do you need to check on them??? Quit in into my business!”, she scolded him and Mr. Choi snorted.

“Why do you have to be so angry??? I’m just taking care of my daughter...I don’t want you to take lightly on your health...so I need to check...”, he replied her and Sooyoung rolled her eyes in disgust.

“I don’t need you to care for me! You never were before...”, she ambushed back, making Mr. Choi to stare at her with bloodshot eyes. But before he manages to say anything again, the maid had come to put down the entire vitamin supplement on the table in front of him. Sooyoung sighed loudly and bumped her body back on the seat, shaking her head as Mr. Choi picked up one of the bottles.

“Folic Acid...”, he read the name labeled on the bottle. He smirked and put it down before he grabbed another one up. “Calcium...”

“...and iron...”, Mr. Choi finally placed down the last bottle back on the dining table. Then he signed and tilted his head sideway to look at Sooyoung.

“Be honest with me...you’re pregnant, right???”, he guessed on her, sounded stern and firm. Sooyoung gulped down but she tried to be brave. “Yes...”

“Whose child is it???!!!”, Mr. Choi immediately blown up as he slammed his hands on the table, making the juice to spilt out and Sooyoung closed her eyes in frightened. She had started to shiver, clutching her hands on the curtain of the table.

“I’m...I’m sorry...appa...”

“I’m not asking for you apology...tell me that kid belongs to who???!!”, he snapped again and Sooyoung bit her lips.

“My boss...my manager in my company...but, appa...I swear! I don’t really know what happened that night...”, she braced herself to answer him and Mr. Choi smirked when he heard her explanation.

“Such a disgrace to me, Sooyoung! I’ve never know that you’ll cause our family such terrible problem! I don’t care about the father or how long have you been carrying that baby! But I know that kind of relation is dirty and I don’t want that baby as part of my family! He doesn’t belong to Choi family! So throw him away!”, Mr. Choi scolded her loudly and Sooyoung exclaimed back, looking up to her father with wide eyes. “Appa!”

“You can’t say like that! This kid is mine! He is related to me! So he is a part of our family! He belongs with us, all of the Choi! How can you ask me to throw him away???!!! I can’t do that!! It’s too cruel and heartless!!!”, she blurted out again, starting to shed tears but Mr. Choi glared fiercely to her.

“That doesn’t even really matter to me! Listen here! If you don’t want to get rid of that baby, then feel free to leave this house as well! Don’t even call yourself as Choi Sooyoung! I never have such a shameful daughter!!!”, his father said stubbornly and got up to walk away, leaving Sooyoung to cry alone.

“Appa, wait! You can’t do this to me!”, she pleaded between her sobs but Mr. Choi had already disappeared behind the door. Sooyoung cried harder, sobbing alone as she leaned her body on the chair and bent down her face to cry on her lap. Her hands crumpled harder on the curtain, enduring her pain and loneliness.

“Kris oppa...help me...”, she whispered as she continued to cry.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

“The Ultimate Honeymoon Package offers a rental car to help you heading for a romantic private dinner on the beach...unwind with the sunset view...hmmm...sounds great...”, Luhan trailed his eyes on the laptop’s screen as he read on the article. He was thinking about bringing Yoo Bi out for another date before their holiday end and guessed he had already found a perfect spot for it. He grinned on the article, sketching the hotel’s address on a piece of paper before suddenly he heard someone pushed the bathroom’s door to open widely. Luhan ducked his head higher to look over his laptop toward Yoo Bi who had just stepped out from the room. She stretched her body and grinned.

“Ahhhh!!! It’s good to be health again!!”, she said, waking up with refreshing mood this morning after suffered from heavy headache last night. Luhan laughed at her and Yoo Bi glanced straight to him.

“You! What are you laughing at???”, she asked, pointing a finger toward Luhan and her husband shook his head.

“Nothing...why so hyper this morning???”, he questioned back and Yoo Bi just flashed her bright smile to him. She refused to answer him as she cornered around to step on the balcony. She opened the sliding door wide and took a deep breath, enjoying the summer breeze of the ocean ahead of her. Luhan just watched her in silence as Yoo Bi positioned herself at the center of the balcony. Then she started to twist her waist around and made a short warm up for exercising. Luhan frowned at her weird attitude today. As far as he remembered, Yoo Bi wasn’t a girl that loves to exercise. But she strangely did today so Luhan was kind of shock with it. Slowly, he got up from his seat and walked to stand behind of her.

“Em...Yoo Bi ah...what are you doing actually???”, he tried to ask her as Yoo Bi was now trying to do some Yoga poses on the floor. She laughed upon hearing his weird tone and Yoo Bi took a quick glimpse at him.

“Don’t you know what am I doing right now??? It’s an exercise!”, she simply answered him and Luhan hid his smile.

“Yeah...I know that...but...why so suddenly you want to do this???”, he asked her again and Yoo Bi stopped stretching her body for a while. She sighed, shaking her head before she got on her feet and stood straight facing him.

“Yah, oppa! I’m afraid of being sick again...I don’t want to cause you such trouble like yesterday...I know that you have to go out and find the medicine for me...I’m really sorry about it...so this is my new life’s policy! I want to be healthier! For you!”, Yoo Bi explained before she winked to Luhan and resumed her exercise. Luhan felt his heart touched by her sincerity in keeping her body healthy for him. He slowly curved up a warm smile when he knew that Yoo Bi was trying to improve herself for him. But then he chuckled and stepped closer to her.

“Yoo Bi ah...”, he called out and reached his hands toward her to make Yoo Bi stopped moving. She did and glanced around to him.

“What?”, slowly Luhan smiled to her and he spun her body around to face him again. Luhan gripped tighter on her arms as he stared closely to his wife – he grinned again.

“Thanks...I would be glad if you’re being a healthy girl...but don’t you remember? Our vow...in sickness and health...so I don’t mind taking care of you while you’re sick...you’re my wife, my responsibility from now on...”, he explained gently to her and slowly pulled her body to hug her. Once he rested her head on his shoulder, Yoo Bi smiled and returned his hug – cuddling him tight around his waist. Yoo Bi gave him a nod and kissed his shoulder – she knew that she can always rely on this shoulder, her Luhan oppa.

“Yeah...in sickness and health...thanks, oppa...”, she whispered to him and Luhan laughed too. Then Yoo Bi clung tighter to him when he suddenly grabbed her body up, swinging their bodies around as they shared the laughter together. Yoo Bi gazed up to the opened bright skies. Her eyes glittered in overload happiness right now. She was so grateful that her husband was Luhan. He was like an angel to her, protecting her and care for her. She would never, ever let him go after this. Yoo Bi etched the promise to her heart as she snuggled deeper onto his shoulder, hiding her smiling face there as Luhan buried his face in her hair too. He was too deep inhaling her sweet scent before he remembered something. Then he grinned and slowly pulled away from Yoo Bi. She let go of him too but their hands stayed locking with each other.

“Come...I’ve something for you...”, Luhan said, winking teasingly to her and pulled Yoo Bi into the room again without waiting for her reply. Yoo Bi followed robotically before Luhan finally stopped walking in front of his laptop. Yoo Bi shifted her eyes anxiously to him.

“What’s with the laptop??? I can’t help you with your work...”, she simply commented and it earned a grin from Luhan. But he smirked and pushed her shoulders from behind to sit on the chair in front of it.

“No...I’m not talking about work...here, take a look on this...”, Luhan corrected her and pointed his finger straight on the screen. Yoo Bi fixed her sight on it too as she read on the details.

“Romantic beach dinner??? What is this for???”, she asked him, half smiling in amusement as she scrolled down on the screen. Luhan grinned mysteriously to her as he slung an arm casually around her neck, making Yoo Bi to choke a bit.

“Aigoo! Oppa, let me go!”, she slightly yelled to him, smacking Luhan lightly on his arm but he laughed and brought his lips closer to her ear.

“Wanna go for candlelight dinner with me???”, he suddenly offered to her and Yoo Bi stopped punching his arm. She let him hugged her as she tilted her face sideway to look at him.

“Really??? You want to???”, she asked, raising her eyebrow in hesitation – feeling unsure about his offer and Luhan snorted.

“Why??? Don’t you love hanging around with me???”, he asked for her confirmation again and Yoo Bi immediately shook her head.

“No! It’s not what I mean! It just that...I simply love the idea...”, she agreed and they laughed together. Then Luhan let her go as he stood straight again.

“Alright...I’ll go and make the reservation...but remember to dress beautifully...the theme is dress and formal...”, he reminded her and winked playfully down to her. Yoo Bi laughed again but she shook her head.

“I don’t know that this simple dinner would have theme...”, she commented on the matter and Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Of course...promise???”, he said again, holding out his finger to her, wanting to declare their dinner promise. Yoo Bi rubbed her chin for a while, acting to be deep in thinking before she finally smiled and nodded.

“Promise...”, she linked her finger with Luhan and they burst out laughing again. But Yoo Bi giggled in excitement – she needs to start thinking about the dress!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Kris raised up his head toward the door when it was opened by someone. Then So Eun poked her head inside, grinning to him as Kris rolled his eyes. He dropped his sight on the magazine again.

“Ceh!”, So Eun snorted but she kicked the door to open widely and she stepped inside. Slowly she tiptoed to the side table of the bed and put down a tray of meal on it. Kris who rested down on the bed glanced sideway toward the meal. He saw load of sandwiches, apples and a glass of hot milk inside the tray. Then he gazed up questioningly to So Eun who stood straight next to the bed. She grinned at him as Kris blinked his eyes.

“What is this???”, he asked absentmindedly and So Eun clicked her tongue.

“What time is it now???”, she asked him back and Kris held up his wrist watch to check on it.

“8.30 a.m...why???”, he answered in dull face and So Eun smirked to him, putting up her hands on her waist.

“So it’s breakfast time! Go on...take your breakfast!”, she ordered him loudly as Kris frowned to her. But he cleared his throat and sat at the edge of the bed, staring down on the meal.

“Who made this???”, he questioned again, raising his eyebrow toward the sandwiches. So Eun sighed and shook her head.

“It’s me! I made it! So can you just shut up and eat properly???”, she answered in irritation of his unstoppable investigation on her good deed. She just thought about making some breakfast for Kris as gratitude that he took care of her last night. Kris didn’t really have a proper sleep when he had to stay alert all night for her when she was sick. That was why So Eun thought of cooking something for him as her grateful sign to him but now Kris was testing her patience again! He chuckled before he reached out for the sandwich but then he put it down back. So Eun widened her eyes.

“What??? You don’t eat sandwich???”, she asked him but Kris shook his head.

“Nah...I do eat them...but I’m curious whether...em...you did add in something like...”

“You think I’ll poison you??? Huh!!! What a joke!!!”, So Eun immediately cut him when she realized what he was about to accuse her. Kris laughed but he nodded his head.

“Glad that you know...so I’m not going to die eating this, right???”, he asked her again, raising his eyebrow playfully to her and So Eun groaned in frustration.

“Ugh!!! Whatever!!! If you want so much to die, then I’ll grant your wish!!!”, she growled to him and spun her body around to walk away. But Kris grinned crookedly and grabbed her hand to stop her.

“Hey!!!”, So Eun yelled, pulling her hand to free from his grip but Kris was stronger to pull her body back and she landed her body on his lap. Kris immediately closed his arms around her waist, forcing her to sit still on his lap. So Eun glared sideway to him while Kris was grinning like a lunatic.

“You don’t have to be so mad about it...I’m just kidding, okay???”, he assured her and picked up a sandwich. Then he brought it closer to , asking her to take a bite on it. So Eun pouted and pushed the sandwich toward him instead.

“No, you eat! I’m making this for you...”, she said and Kris shrugged. But he took a bite on the bread and chewed on it. So Eun shifted her body around to study his face while he tasted the sandwich.

“So what do you think???”, she asked for his opinion about the sandwich but Kris narrowed his eyes.

“Taste...bad...”, he again and So Eun smacked him on his chest, causing Kris to choke and coughed loudly. He rubbed his throat while So Eun nodded in satisfaction.

“Great! You deserve it!”, she replied in annoyance to him and Kris reached out for drink, still coughing. Then So Eun slightly smiled and grabbed the glass for her husband. She handed it to Kris and he took a big gulp on the milk. When he was calmed again, he smirked to her.

“You’re serious about getting me die, don’t you???”, he guessed at her and So Eun playfully pinched his cheek. Kris yelled in pain, rubbing the spot where she pinched him but So Eun laughed.

“No, I’m not! You’re the one who play with fire...so you gonna get it back from me...I’m good at cooking, okay???”, she told him and Kris snorted. But they grinned to each other before Kris resumed eating his breakfast, having So Eun to watch him as she rested her head on his shoulder. It was easy to linger around him right now. She felt safe whenever she was with Kris.

“I miss Aunt Jung...”, she told him with low voice as Kris bent his face sideway to her.

“Who???”, he asked absentmindedly and So Eun chuckled.

“Aunt Jung, keeper of my shop! How could you forget about her...”, she commented and Kris nodded his head, making a soundless ‘o’ by his mouth. Then he bit his lips, thinking before he pushed her head up lightly from his shoulder. So Eun looked up to him too as he drank the whole milk, slipped her body down from his lap and got up from the bed. She just watched his movement in silence when Kris walked over to get his cell phone from inside his bag. He pressed the button to switch on his phone. He kept his phone off since the day they came here for holiday. He just didn’t wish for anyone to disturb their honeymoon. Kris really thought about enjoying it with So Eun right now all along their moment in Hawaii. Once the screen relighted again, they heard the vibrate sound came out from it and Kris frowned. He touched the screen and there came all the contact lists pending in his phone. He hesitated for a while to click on it but he sighed under his breath before his finger touched on it. At once, it revealed all the missed calls and messages from a person – Choi Sooyoung. Kris gulped down his throat and he stole a quick glance toward So Eun. She stared blankly on his serious face.

“What??? Are we going to contact Aunt Jung???”, she asked with excited smile on her face. But as So Eun tried to get up and walked over to him, Kris quickly distanced his body from her, making So Eun to pause on her feet. Kris frowned sternly on her.

“Wait...”, he said, holding up a palm toward her as he turned to stand nearby the sliding door. Kris brought up his phone closer to his face as he started to read on all the texts sent by Sooyoung to him.

-Kris oppa, why don’t you answer my call???

-Oppa, please...answer my call or text me back...

-Oppa...don’t do this to me...please, call me back...

-Oppa, I miss you so much! Please, I’m out of my mind here! Contact me back...

-Kris Wu, you’re so dead! Call me now!!!

-Yah, Wu Yi Fan!!! Are you falling in love with her??? Do you love her, oppa??? Answer me!!!

-Oppa...what should I do??? My dad...he chased me out from this house...what should I do now, oppa??? Please, come and save me...please, at least answer my call...

-Kris oppa...I’m crying again this night...I know you might be happy there with So Eun sshi...but can you please respond to my message??? I need you right now, oppa...I love you...

Kris closed his eyes tight, feeling the guiltiness sneaking slowly into his heart. How can he ignore her after all this time??? He was the one at fault in this matter. Then he opened his eyes again and clicked on her latest message sent to him.

-Oppa...I’ve moving out from my house...appa don’t want me as his daughter anymore...he said that I’m useless child...he didn’t want this baby as his grandchild too...what should I do now??? I don’t have any place to go anymore...I don’t belong with anyone now...everyone rejected me...including you, oppa...I’m so sad...feel like dying right now...because I’m so lonely and I miss you so much...keep missing you again and again...hope that you can come and save me...but then I realized that...you’re not mine anymore, oppa...you belong to someone else...to her, So Eun sshi...I hope you’re happy with her...while I’m stuck in this loneliness...goodbye, oppa...

“Hisssh!”, Kris cursed under his breath as he bit his lips, bottling up his anger. So Eun blinked her eyes at him and arranged her steps slowly toward him.

“Kris...what’s wrong???”, she started to ask but Kris ignored her as he pulled the sliding door opened loudly and banged it to the wall beside it. So Eun flinched in shock when he did it as she watched him walking out to stand on the balcony. He frowned, throwing his sight far on the sea before he clicked his tongue impatiently and dialed on his phone. So Eun gulped down , eyeing him in bitterness as she could guess on his sudden change of mood. No matter what the problem was, it must be related to Sooyoung again. Kris won’t lose his self-control except for anything that got to do with her. So she bit her lips in hesitation as she turned back again. So Eun slowly landed her on the bed as she listened from inside the room to his conversation with Sooyoung.

“Annyeong, Sooyoung ah...”, So Eun shut her eyes, feeling a silence thump that hammered inside her heart – it hurts her. But she stayed frozen as she listened to his deep voice, greeting Sooyoung on the phone.

“Oppa, annyeong...”, Kris let go of a long sigh when he heard her weak voice. He bit his lips and put on his left hand on his waist, his right hand was holding up the phone to his ear.

“Where are you right now???”, he asked her and Sooyoung chuckled on the line.

“I’m staying in a hotel for now...maybe my father will quit my job too after this...I’ll be a total nothing...”

“No!”, Kris cut her halfway and Sooyoung fell silent again. She gulped down , feeling her eyes warmed with tears while Kris gripped harder on the rail of the balcony.

“You’re not alone...I won’t let that happen...I...”, he tried to say that he will come and save her but his mouth automatically zipped tight when he remembered about So Eun. The picture of her smiling face came shooting inside his mind and Kris sighed in despair – he can’t choose between Sooyoung and her. Seriously, he hated it to be stuck between them! But he was snapped out from his thought about So Eun when suddenly his ear caught sound of Sooyoung’s crying voice.

“Oppa...where are you??? I need you right now, oppa...please...come back to me...”, she begged to him between her tears and Kris gulped down the bitterness in his throat. His heart broken down when he listened to her, crying while pleading. But his soul perished into tiny pieces even more when the thought of leaving So Eun alone here came into his mind. Kris exhaled weakly as he dropped his phone from his ear, didn’t bear to listen to her voice anymore. Without even reply anything to Sooyoung, he cut off the line and stepped back into the room. So Eun gazed up to him and Kris stopped walking in front of her. They stared to each other with troubled face.

“Why??? What happen to Sooyoung sshi???”, So Eun dared herself to ask him and Kris hissed. He massaged the back of his neck, thinking before he threw his phone on the bed and stormed out from the room. So Eun just watched him out from there, leaving her alone helplessly. She gazed emptily around the room, feeling alone instantly when Kris left her. Then she gulped down and tilted her head sideway. That was when her eyes landed on his phone and she picked it up.

-Oppa...I’ve moving out from my house...appa don’t want me as his daughter anymore...he said that I’m useless child...he didn’t want this baby as his grandchild too...what should I do now??? I don’t have any place to go anymore...I don’t belong with anyone now...everyone rejected me...including you, oppa...I’m so sad...feel like dying right now...because I’m so lonely and I miss you so much...keep missing you again and again...hope that you can come and save me...but then I realized that...you’re not mine anymore, oppa...you belong to someone else...to her, So Eun sshi...I hope you’re happy with her...while I’m stuck in this loneliness...goodbye, oppa...

A tear escaped from the corner of her eye as she finished reading that message in his phone. So Eun slipped the phone from her fingers and it fell on her lap. But So Eun sat still there, she didn’t move a budge as she cried in silence, starting to feel her heart ached because of the matter. Sooyoung was suffering alone there in Korea and So Eun knew that she needs Kris but...only tears answered the confusion in her mind.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Lay shifted his head on the bed, suddenly feeling his skin burned in hotness. He groaned under his breath as he wiped the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand while keeping his eyes shut. He still wanted to sleep, exhausted from taking care of Ara for the whole night but the cold, calming temperature inside his room had suddenly turned to warm and hot. Giving up, Lay signed in sleep as he forced his eyes to blink opened. He raised up his head a bit as he scanned on the bed – Ara wasn’t lying there anymore, she was gone.

“Eh???”, he said in confusion, trying to adjust his voice, thick in sleepiness as he tried to sit straight again. That was when he felt his entire body was covered with heavy and super thick blanket. Lay rolled his eyes, no wonder he felt so hot! Somebody must had covered his body with this blanket, sweater, pillows, carpet and what so over as Lay moved those things away from around his body. Then only he managed to stand straight again. That somebody must be his own wife, Ara! Lay shook his head in mental rejection as he yawned and stretched his body. Then he dragged his body lazily toward the dressing table when he saw a note sticked to the mirror. He narrowed his eyes and brought his face closer to it.

-I’m going out for a while, looking for some breakfast! If you’re cold, then sleep on the bed...I’ve prepared another blanket for you in your bag...just take it if you need to use it...don’t catch a cold, okay??? Sorry for causing you to sleep on the floor last night! And thanks for taking care of me! –Ara-

Lay pouted once he read it. He rubbed his hair, drifted back to lay on the bed and sleep but he slowly curved up a smile when he thought how cute his wife was. He had to sleep on the floor last night because he let Ara took her rest on the bed yesterday but this morning when she realized it, she covered his body protectively with all those blankets and pillows just because she didn’t want him to get cold. It was overdue until he was sweating but Lay felt happy at the same time because he knew how much they cared for each other. Then he sighed loudly, yawning again as he decided to sleep back while waiting for her to come back. Lay walked again toward the bed when he was stopped as the beeping on his phone made him to pause on his feet. He glanced around, searching for it and finally his eyes stopped on it. His phone was placed on a small coffee table at the corner of the room and Lay paced over to grab it up. He flipped open his phone and checked on the mail sent to him.

-Zhang Yixing sshi...I’m sorry to interrupt your holiday...but can you go back earlier than your off days??? Because Tiffany sshi and your manager had decided to put you in a group and planning for your first debut...to proceed your debut preparing, we need you here in Korea as soon as possible...please give us any feedback about this...thank you...

Lay instantly widened his eyes when he read the message sent by his trainer. He blinked his eyes, feeling unbelievable about the news before he gripped tighter on his phone and read the text again. Then once again before he jumped on his feet, feeling the sudden excitement in his heart. He was about to debut??? He will official become a K-pop star??? OMG!!! He can’t believe it!!! It happened so fast but Lay was grateful about it!!! Finally, his dream to become a singer will come true! He thought as he lost his way and just wandering back and forth in the room.

“Okay! Calm down, Lay! You need to think properly right now...”, he told himself as he tried to keep his breathing in arrangement again. Then he finally stopped walking and gazed down on his phone.

“I can’t wait! I need to go back to Korea!”, he agreed to himself and started to move, packing all his stuff. They were leaving this night.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Kris balled up the sand in his fist, crumpled it before he opened up his palm to let it flowed down to the ground back. He repeated the action again and again until he got sick of it. Then he let go of a heavy sigh before he gulped down on his tenth can of beer. The can got emptied again and Kris threw it away. He moved his weak body to reach for another tin of beer as his eyes caught sight of people. He froze in his movement when he saw a couple, man and woman walking hand in hand along the beach. They looked so happy together as the woman whispered something to her boyfriend and they laughed on it. Kris bit his lips in anger and jealousy. He wished he could be as normal as them with So Eun but...there was something stuck in his heart. Some big part of his heart belonged to Sooyoung but slowly, even without his realization – he knew that So Eun had earned a place somewhere else in it. A special place that Kris himself didn’t know where it was, like So Eun was buried and hidden there. Kris knew that he shouldn’t trap her there but another stubborn part of him refused to let her go.

“Haish...you’re...a...problem to me...So Eun ah...”, he said in drunk, lying down his body on the sand as he stared up on the dark night sky. He went out since this morning and never dare to come back. He can’t seem to face his wife again when he kept on worrying about Sooyoung. Yes, he was worried about her. It showed how much he still cared for her but...there was So Eun! She was his wife, the real one for speaking out loud!!! Kris cursed again when he thought about the fact that he can’t afford to throw away both of them from bothering his mind. Slowly, he closed his eyes and drowned into his dream. Dream...or maybe just an old memory. He can’t seem to classify it anymore but Kris was completely aware that he wasn’t sleeping right now. So it must be just him that drowned into that sad memory. A heart-throbbing memory that he tried so hard to push it away. But now when he was stuck in choosing between Sooyoung and So Eun, it came lingered in his mind again...

13 years before...

It was raining that day. Kris could clearly hear the raindrops fell on the roof like a thousand of bullets shooting on it. He stared with wide eyes on the whole crowd in front of him. All dressed in black as they circled around a tomb stone while having umbrellas covering their heads from the rain. Some of them were crying, some of them were staring with dull faces and some of them kept on patting each other on their shoulders, consoling the sorrow felt among them. Then Kris saw his parents poking out their bodies together from among the crowd as they walked to stand before the tomb. They bowed down simultaneously to it before Kris watched his mother placed down a big bouquet of lilies in front of the stone. She sniffed, crying silently as Mr. Wu slung an arm protectively around his wife. That was when Kris was startled when he heard someone was crying louder than everyone else. He tilted his head to a side and saw a girl.

She was wearing a black little dress until her knees as her legs covered with black socks. She stood there, under the roof beside him as she cried harder until her shoulders shook madly because of it. Kris gulped down his throat. Sympathy overflowed in his heart but he couldn’t do more than just watching her suffered from losing her beloved mother today. Then Kris was aware of a man, came walking next to her as he pulled her in his arm, resting her head on his chest.

“Be strong...let’s greet your omma for the last time...”, he encouraged her, patting the head of the sobbing girl inside his embrace as the girl forced herself to nod. She looked so much in pain when she had to do that. Slowly, the man let her go and handed her a small pot, planted with single pure white lily. She took it inside her hands while she was still crying, tears rolled down her cheeks as heavy as the rain today. Then she sobbed, taking a deep breath before she arranged her paces toward her mother’s grave. Kris frowned, feeling the pain she felt when the crowd opened the way for her. They stepped aside in group as they let her walking slowly toward the stone. She cried and cried, forcing her legs to be there before she finally stopped and dropped to her knees. Then she put the pot in front of it before she finally let out all her sorrow on the frozen grave.

“Omma!!! Don’t leave me, omma!!! I don’t have anyone else anymore!!!! Omma!!! You’re so cruel!! You can’t do this to me!!! You can’t leave me like this!!!”, she pleaded loudly between her sobs as she hugged the stone, craved with her mother’s name on it. As she clung to it, crying and crying all over again, no one had ever think to come and console her. They just watched, crying among them as they let the poor girl enduring her pain alone as her body drenched by the heavy rain poured from above them. Kris balled up his fists in anger. How can they be so cruel to her??? Can’t they see that she clearly needs someone by her side??? Can they console her or at least give her an umbrella to cover herself from the rain??? Kris thought in anger before he quickly took off his coat.

“Young master!”, he heard his bodyguards called out to him in panic when he stepped out from the roof, walking straight into the rain. Kris arranged his steps firmly into the crowd. They stepped aside to let him past through as he stopped beside his parents. Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu widened their eyes when they saw Kris had already wetted from head to toe by the rain.

“Kris...”, his mother said as she walked to offer him with her umbrella but Kris resumed walking again until he stopped behind the still crying girl. Her sobbing voice could clearly be heard by all of them as the people watched questioningly on Kris who kneeled down behind her. She didn’t aware of him there but she stuck a bit when she felt her head was covered with someone’s coat. Kris placed down his coat to cover her head and body from the rain before he pulled her body inside his embrace. He hugged her tighter as the girl continued to cry inside his arms.

“Don’t worry...oppa will protect you forever...oppa will never leave you alone, Sooyoung ah...I promise you...”, he chanted his vow that he etched inside his mind. He will never ever leave his childhood friend alone. Sooyoung will always stay by his side, forever...

Kris felt his eyes drenched by his own tears when he opened it back. He made that promise to her – to never leave her alone...and now his own words were killing him back.

“You’re serious about getting me die, don’t you???”, he guessed at her and So Eun playfully pinched his cheek. Kris yelled in pain, rubbing the spot where she pinched him but So Eun laughed.

“No, I’m not! You’re the one who play with fire...so you gonna get it back from me...I’m good at cooking, okay???”, Kris saw So Eun’s grinning face again with her sweet voice and stubborn words but then his memory clouded when...

“Oppa...where are you??? I need you right now, oppa...please...come back to me...”, he heard her pleading voice, crying in pain again as Kris sat straight.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”, he yelled toward the beach, letting out the pressure in him. For God’s sake, he can’t choose!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Yoo Bi swayed her body around in front of the long mirror. She scanned her reflection from her head down to her toe. Her small body was wrapped inside a soft satin dress, colored in light purple that covered until her knees. It was sleeveless, exposing her whole shoulders but she let her hair down, flowing freely behind her back as she only put on some simple makeup on her already pretty face. She wore a pair of white gladiator in her feet and only carried a small purse in her right hand. Yeah, that was all for her candlelight dinner with Luhan. She thought excited, giggling and she nodded in satisfaction to her reflection. Then she spun her body around and ready to walk out from the bathroom. But as she reached out her hand to pull the knob, she heard Luhan cleared his throat from outside the door.

“Em...ehem...are you ready, Mrs. Lu?”, he asked her, addressing Yoo Bi with her surname. Yoo Bi flinched upon hearing his romantic voice but she grinned and squeezed her shoulders straight.

“Coming...”, she replied to him and pulled open the door at once. She was about to step out but she was immediately stopped when she caught sight of Luhan in his formal coat. He was standing next to the door, grinning to her before he held out his arm toward her. Yoo Bi fixed her eyes transfix on his goddess appearance as Luhan pouted.

“Do you want to miss our reservation, honey???”, he reminded her, again calling her in romantic way as Yoo Bi slightly curved a cute smile to him. He just got a natural talent in making her fell for him. Yoo Bi thought dully as she cleared .

“Never...”, she said and slung her arm under his arm and they walked side by side to leave the room. Luhan and Yoo Bi laughed together again before Luhan opened the door of their room and wanted to get out but...

“Ring! Ring!”, they both paused on their feet when they heard the ringing of his phone. Luhan smiled apologetically to Yoo Bi but she shook her head and pulled her hand away from him, giving him enough space to answer his call. Luhan picked up the phone from inside his pocket and answered it at once.

“Hello, Luhan’s speaking...”, he greeted the caller and Yoo Bi just waited for him in silence. She leaned her body on the wall next to door as Luhan conversed with the latter on the line.

“Yes, appa...we’re still in Hawaii...”, Yoo Bi started to frown once she heard Luhan was talking to their father.

“Em...maybe another two or three days...why???”, Luhan said again, now it was his turn to frown on the call. Yoo Bi studied his face closely when Luhan’s calm face suddenly changed into a pale one.

“What??? Is she okay??? Where is she now???”, Luhan started to question their father in impatient urgency and it made Yoo Bi to feel worried too. He was mentioning about a woman so it must be either about their mother or Yoo Na. As Yoo Bi racked her brain to think, she saw Luhan nodded his head.

“Okay...we’re heading back...now!”, he said firmly and shut the line at once. Then Luhan hastily pulled Yoo Bi back from the wall as he slammed the door closed – he looked panic. Then Yoo Bi caught his arms and made him to look face to face with her.

“Oppa, calm down...what happen to them???”, she asked him and Luhan shook his head in confusion.

“I don’t know...but we need to hurry, Yoo Bi ah...your sister is sick...her condition is quite bad right now...she had admitted to the hospital...”, Luhan told her and Yoo Bi was caught in surprise and disbelief. She slowly dropped her hands and stared out blankly to Luhan.

“What...Yoo Na unnie got admitted to hospital??? Why???”, she asked again but Luhan hissed and moved away to grab his bag up.

“We’ll figure it out later when we’re going back to Seoul...now, pack up all your stuff...I’m buying the tickets for this night flight...”, he ordered her and started to dial on his phone again, making the reservation on the flight tickets but Yoo Bi shook her head and went to stop him. She clutched on his hands as she gazed up to his worried face. Luhan had started to sweat now but Yoo Bi frowned to him.

“Can’t we just wait until tomorrow??? We have promised to go for dinner tonight...and you’ve booked the reservation in the restaurant...you can’t...”, she tried to object his idea about rushing back to Korea tonight but Luhan suddenly snapped at her.

“Yoo Bi ah!!! This is your sister that we’re talking about!!! She is sick!! She needs us by her side! So can you be considerate on it??? Just go and pack all your stuff!!!”, he scolded her, pulling his hands freed from her grip as Yoo Bi narrowed her eyes on him. She was shock and lost for word right now. So Yoo Na was so important to him until he was willing to break his promise to her??? Lee Yoo Na was so important until they can’t wait to fly back tomorrow??? Yoo Bi thought in frustration and she exclaimed to him back.

“But she is married, oppa!!! Her husband can take care of her while we’re not there!!! You don’t have to be so worried like this and we can wait until tomorrow for the flight!”

“No, we can’t! And I am worried about her! So now, be good and listen to me! Go and pack your stuff because we’re heading back to Korea, tonight! Your sister is sick, she maybe needs our help...and we’re going to help her...now move!”, Luhan cut her again to shut as he walked hastily out from the room, probably wanted to deal about the tickets. But Yoo Bi was left alone inside the room as she slowly landed her weak body on the bed. She gulped down in silence. Her hope was once again ruined by her sister.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Ara fixed her eyes on Lay as he walked around the room, moving here and there to pack up their stuff. She refused to do anything else but to watch him in silence as she hugged her legs closer to her chest. Then she rested her chin on her knees when Lay glanced sideway to her.

“Yah, what are waiting for??? Go and pack your stuff!”, he ordered her but Ara glared toward him.

“Why should we going back so early??? We just be here for four days!”, she complaint to him, making Lay to stop walking and sighing.

“I thought I told you that my company is looking for me...they want to make the preparation for my debut so can you please understand my situation now??? Come on, support me a bit...start moving...”, he explained to her again but Ara smirked.

“It’s obvious that Tiffany sshi is the one that looking for you...not your company!”, she commented but Lay shot his fierce glare toward her.

“Stop being jealous, will you??? She is just preparing the best to make me a good artist!”, he snapped to her but Ara quickly sat straight on the bed again.

“Yeah!!! And I doubt that your less than a month practice can make you an excellent idol!!! You’re just given this chance because she loves you personally!!! She doesn’t really care about your talent but she just simply want to own you!”, Ara exclaimed to him back and Lay groaned in frustration to her.

“So now you’re telling me that you doubt my ability, huh??? You think that I can’t be the best???”, he accused her as Ara dropped open her jaw in disbelief and shook her head.

“Of course I’m not! I’ve never have that thought about you!”, she replied him but Lay laughed cunningly to her and he threw away the bag that he carried in his hand to the floor.

“Yeah! And I ‘believe’ in you!”, he simply said and stormed out from the room, leaving a loud bang on the door as he closed it. Ara closed her eyes tight, trying to gather her patience but when she snapped it open back, she quickly picked up a pillow and threw it straight toward the door.

“PANG!!!”, the pillow hit against the door and Ara watched her vision became blurrier with tears. But she wiped it dry in stubborn.

“You’re such a fool, Lay!!!”, she yelled alone before she gave up holding back her tears and buried her face on the pillow again. She would tolerate with his dream, she knew how bad Lay wanted to become a singer but she just can’t resist her heart from burning in anger when she thought that his career would lead him straight to Tiffany. She was just simply controlled by her normal human’s feeling – jealousy.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

“DOM! DOM! DOM!”, So Eun flinched in shock when she heard someone knocked so hard on the room’s door. She gulped down , turning her head to look on it but she still didn’t get up from her chair.

“Yah, Wu So Eun!!! Open up!!!”, she sighed in relief when she recognized Kris’s voice behind it. Then she got up from her seat and walked inside the room from the balcony. She unlocked the door and suddenly being pushed backward when Kris landed his tall body on her.

“Ya...yah! Kris, what’s wrong with you??? Are you okay???”, she asked as she closed her arms around his waist, supporting his body from falling down to the floor. She heard Kris was laughing; clearly he was drunk from his unconscious tone. So Eun hissed, irritated by him as she dragged his body to lay on the bed.

“Here...”, she said as she dropped his body on the bed and Kris was now lying tall on it. She stood straight again, watching him being vulnerable before Kris shifted his eyes to her.

“For how many days more we need to stay here???”, he asked with drunk tone as So Eun chuckled to him. But she stayed silence when she realized that Kris was counting the days until they go back to Korea. She knew that he wanted to rush up and search for Sooyoung.

“Yah! I’m asking you here!”, Kris pressed to her again and So Eun bit her lips. But she sighed and slowly answered him. “For three days more...”

“Three days huh??? Hmmm...24 times 3...it means...just another 72 hours to go...yeah...”, he said, using his drunken brain to calculate on it. So Eun snorted, feeling annoyed when Kris can still use his brain full-functioningly even when he was still drunk right now. But she felt hurt to care for him so she wished to just leave him alone for now.

“Yeah! Just lay and wait here for that 72 hours!”, she commented loudly to him, starting to walk away but Kris immediately snatched her wrist. She stopped walking as Kris covered his other hand on his forehead, closing his eyes.

“Please...So Eun ah...don’t leave me alone...don’t let go of me...”, he pleaded to her with small voice and So Eun frowned weirdly.

“Pardon???”, she said, turning her body back to him and suddenly Kris pulled her hand toward him. He pulled stronger to her until So Eun ended up lying on his body.

“Ah!!!”, So Eun screamed in shock but Kris cupped her face and pasted his lips forcefully on her. He kissed her full in , stopping So Eun from breathe as she clung tighter to his shoulders. She wanted to push his body away, asking him to stop but Kris was fast enough to spin her body around and with just a blink of her eyes, So Eun felt their bodies shifted position with Kris on top of her!

“Kris...wait...stop!”, she said when Kris moved his lips from down to explore her neck. She felt her skin burned under his touch but she started to drown in it. She let her body melt with his passionate kisses until Kris stopped and tried to catch his breath. She was panting too as she watched him sat on her and suddenly pulled off his shirt over his head. So Eun gasped in surprise when she caught sight of his well-built body and Kris threw his shirt on the floor.

“Kris...wait, no!”, she exclaimed again, holding up her palms on his chest to prevent him from kissing her but Kris narrowed his eyes to her, making So Eun to blink.

“Who are you actually to disobey me??? I’m tired of this life, Wu So Eun! You’re just a stranger, coming so suddenly in my life and you tend to ruin everything! My love toward Sooyoung, my care for her!!! You took it away all at once! You’re so cruel and full of yourself, you know! And now I want nothing in this world but you!!! You, Wu So Eun!!! You’re mine!!!”, he suddenly scolded her as he pushed her hands away and resumed kissing her lips wholeheartedly, forcing his tongue into her. So Eun tried to keep up with kisses but he was faster to travel his hands down to the buttons of her shirt and ing it one by one. So Eun tried to break free from his kisses but she was completely trapped. She felt guilty and hurt by his words just now she slowly felt her body weakened under his control. Kris had managed to fully her shirt as he pulled it off from covering her body. He resumed kissing all over her face again, trailing down to her neck, collar-bones and finally chest but So Eun remembered something. Immediately she braced herself as she pushed Kris off from her body.

“I said stop!!!”, she yelled to him and she punched his chest to get down from her body. Kris was startled and he hastily moved down from the bed to the floor. He just woken up from his drunk as he watched So Eun struggled to cover her body with the blanket again. She sat on the bed with her back on him as she hid her tears that started to flow rapidly.

“So Eun ah...”, realization and rationality hit him back and he called out to her but So Eun cut him halfway.

“Go...”

“What???”

“Go...go back to Sooyoung...go and save her...”, she said to him, biting her lips until she felt the blood wetted on her skin as she chewed her lips so hard, enduring her pain and anger. But Kris shook his head.

“I don’t know...no, So Eun ah...I’m so sorry...I am really sorry...”

“I don’t want you to mistook me as Sooyoung...I’m not her...I’m Kim So Eun...just Kim So Eun...”, she rephased her real name to him with clear voice so that Kris remembered that he was about to make love with a girl that he didn’t really have feeling for. The fact broke her heart into pieces as she covered with her palm, preventing Kris from hearing her sobs. Kris stared helplessly on her back as he sighed heavily. He bent down, hiding his disappointed face as he leaned his body at the edge of the bed, staring on the floor.

“I’m really sorry...I hurt you...”, he apologized to her again but So Eun took a deep breath and held back her tears to talk again.

“If you’re really sorry to me...then leave me alone here...just go back to Seoul and settle your problem with her...”, she rushed him again but Kris glanced around to her.

“I can’t leave you alone...”, he replied her but So Eun shook her head.

“I’m going to be fine...I’m stronger than you think I am...just go...leave...”, she forced with harder voice now and Kris closed his eyes.

“Why don’t you just let it happen??? Why do you stop me??? I’m your husband...and you’re my wife...we’re legal to have that kind of relation...”, he tried to seek for her explanation but So Eun cut him halfway again.

“Because I don’t want to be a girl that only own your body but not your love!”, she told him truthfully and it silent Kris at once. He felt how jerk he was toward her and slowly he got up to his feet. He stole a weak glimpse on So Eun before he disappeared into the bathroom, preparing himself to leave. As So Eun heard the door was closed, she covered her face with both of her palms and crying her heart out. She would love too. She would want to own Kris only to herself but...he was never hers.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Kris opened the main door of the suite as he stepped out from it. He stopped walking and turned back his head. His eyes met the weak stares from So Eun’s eyes as she stood frozen next to the door. They gazed intensely on each other before So Eun handed Kris with his luggage.

“Safe trip...”, she reminded him with her low voice and Kris nodded. He took the luggage from her hand and turned his body back to face the stairs, leading down the way out from this suite area. He inhaled deeply, gathering his courage to leave her as he stepped on the first stairs. So Eun watched him painfully from behind as her eyes warmed with tears again. His second step, his third step but Kris ended up hissing in irritation and climbed back the stairs toward his wife. So Eun looked up to his face again, pleading silently from her teary eyes so that Kris won’t leave her but he just stared sadly on her face. Then he held up his hand and pulled her face toward him. He landed a firm kiss on her forehead before he patted So Eun on her hair.

“Hurry back to me...I’ll be waiting for you in Korea...”, he told her and a tear escaped accidently from her eye. So Eun slowly nodded and he finally walked down from the stairs, leaving for real. So Eun watched he took his steps further and further away until he disappeared from her sight. Brokenheartedly, she sighed and wiped away her tears. So Eun closed the door back and she walked entering the living room.

To fill her empty heart again, she walked over to the big stereo and switched it to turn on the K-pop songs. She was so lonely right now and she thought listening to some music would help in healing her broken soul. Without searching for any specific song, she just pushed her finger on the ‘all song’ button and the first song in the playlists started to sing. It was a sad melody, melted well with her feeling – Day and Night from T-Ara.

I love you though my heart hurts...

Though you are looking someplace else...

Like a scarecrow, like a sad doll, I will always be waiting...

The lyrics somehow suited well with them. It was when Yoo Bi walked down from the stairs and Ara stepped out from the kitchen. They saw So Eun sitting down on the couch, staring alone to the TV but she never watch anything. She just kept her gaze on it and listened to the music. Right at this moment, she realized that she had fallen head over heel for Kris. If not, she won’t feel this murderous pain in her heart. Even when she knew that Kris was leaving away, causing her to be alone because he wanted to look for Sooyoung but she would still waiting helplessly for him. The same went for Ara, she knew that Lay would want to stop their honeymoon because he chose to catch after his career. But deep down, she knew that in his new world, there was always Tiffany waiting for him. He was now looking on somewhere else, changing his attention away from her – it hurts her like Hell but she did nothing to stop him. Ara just could wait and waiting again. As for Yoo Bi, she could feel the love and care between them but now she realized that...hidden deep inside Luhan’s heart was his dead love for her sister, Yoo Na. He was still choosing to love her silently even when he took a good care toward. Yoo Bi felt her heart screaming in pain when she realized that in their marriage, she will be nothing more than a sister to Luhan, only a young dongsaeng to him.

They stayed frozen there, listening to the song as they cried like a fool...for their unreachable love.

To be continued...

"I was supposed to be his wedding planner, not his bride!"