Chapter 35 - "After these 8 years..."

The Wedding Planners

THE WEDDING PLANNERS

(A/N): Hahaha...notice the difference in this story??? Yeah!!!! I changed the poster and background! Huhu...I hope everyone will love this story's new look.. and oh! I'm not updating this story for quite a while and you guys suprised me with bunch of subscribers!!!! Thanks a lot!!! I bet everyone is excited to see the babies inside the story, right??? Yeah, yeah, yeah...here are they in this chapter! But make sure to memorize their names so that you can know which baby belongs to which parents, okay??? Anyway, thanks for waiting and voting the poll I concluded in the latest chapter! i'm fired up to end this fic! Hahahaha...And DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT! >,<

“...with this ring...I ask you, to be mine...” said the groom, holding up the shining little ring inside his hand. Stood right in front of him was his bride. Her eyes glittered in unspeakable happiness when she heard him declared. Slowly, blissful tears rolled down her cheeks and she nodded.

“Yes...” her answer was then followed by roaring applauses of the guests. They stood up from their seats and cheered for the newlyweds. Everyone was happy, spring was finally here and the couple lastly seemed to tight their knot officially now.

As soon as they finished exchanging the rings, the fairytale wedding proceeds to the dance and reception. Everyone took their place as they enjoyed the delicacies served there. The bride and groom walked hand in hand down from the altar. They made their way to the tables and busily thanking the guests for coming here and gave their bless for them. The bride stopped by one of the tables. She bowed down to them as her relatives congratulating her. But when she stood straight again, her eyes fell on someone.

There, just a few steps from where she stood now, she caught glimpse of a woman. She stood next to the archway as her eyes wandered around randomly. The bride smiled and she scanned the woman up and down. She wasn’t truly a tall person but for a woman who had nearly in middle of twenties, she got an ideal height for her – just average. But today, she looks even taller in her leather high boots colored in walnut brown and covered her slim legs right up until her knees. She wore a one piece gown, looking simple but feminine in that sleeveless purple lacy dress but she had her bare shoulders wrapped in a pure white cardigan. Her shoulder-length wavy hair simply let loose as it framed her pretty face perfectly. The bride curved a smile again, she was indeed a beautiful girl – which made the bride felt even more proud because she owed this woman. She was her wedding planner.

“Miss Kim...” the bride called out, walking to approach the woman. She looked around and smiled up brightly when she saw her.

“Oh, Miss Jade – oh! Sorry...I mean, Mrs. Jade...haha!” So Eun corrected herself as she slapped a hand on playfully. The bride finally stopped next to her and she chuckled.

“Don’t sweat it...I’m still available to be called as a ‘miss’ since...em...we just declared the vow less than 30 minutes before and...I’m still a !” she beamed at So Eun before they ended up laughing loudly together. So Eun shook her head.

“Auw...we really shouldn’t talk about something private like that, Mrs. Jade! But anyway, congratulations for your wedding! I wish you a happy marriage!” So Eun winked and she leaned forward to give the bride a warm hug. She grinned and lightly returned her hug too.

“Thank you so much, Ms. Kim...I know that I couldn’t have come up with something as lovely as this without you...thanks!” Jade thanked her, throwing her hands up high in the air to indicate about her whole wedding party. It held in full swings today. Then So Eun snorted.

“It’s my pleasure...I’m the wedding planner after all...building someone’s hope and happiness is my policy!” she concluded but the bride rolled her eyes.

“Yes...talking about the devil, why don’t you find your own happiness now??? I think it’s about time...” Jade replied her mysteriously and So Eun blinked.

“Eh??? What do you mean???” she asked, looking clueless while Jade pouted and holding up her hands. So Eun instantly looked down to it.

“I’m talking about this of course! It had been 8 years since you moved to Canada...I feel like I’ve known you forever...so I know that you need to move on...finding someone new in your life...” she explained and reached out for So Eun’s hands. As she opened up her palms, Jade placed her rose’s bridal bouquet on it and she entwined So Eun’s hands to hold tighter to it. Slowly, So Eun frowned down to the flowers. She got her meaning – she wanted her to get married too. Jade had always be her best friend since the first time she started living in Canada. So Eun knew that the ultimate reason that she easily blended in to live here was because she was lucky enough to meet Jade. She was a good country girl with humble manners and angelic heart. So Eun looked up from the bouquet to her and smiled.

“Thanks...but...” Jade shook her head and narrowed her eyes.

“No more but! Lily needs a father, you know! She’s almost 5 now!”

So Eun sighed at the thought of that little girl. Lily – or koreanly known as Minji was her whole life now. So Eun knew that she had never been stronger that she was now today if it wasn’t for Minji – her lovely daughter. So Eun curved up a smile and gripped tighter on the roses.

“Correction, Jade...she’s already 5 yesterday...we celebrated her party together last night...remember???” So Eun teased, raising high her brow and Jade bit her lower lips.

“Ah...yeah...I almost forgot...pardon me! The clumsiness of being a newlywed!” she replied her, acting dumb and forgetful. So Eun shrugged but as she stared a few seconds on the roses, she gasped and immediately tilted her head down to check on her watch.

“Dammit! I’m late! Lily will be out from her school by now! See you later, Jade...call me when you’re off to honeymoon, okay???” she said hurriedly and took her steps in reverse. As Jade watched her, waving her hand towards So Eun, she had already reached her car. Eight years working in Canada really did giving her big changes in her life. She even drove a car now. So Eun pushed her body into her sporty metallic silver Maserati, the one that she pridefully drove. She roared on the engine and stepped on the pedal, zooming straight to the kindergarten.

“Aish! I’m late, late, late! Minji will be furious again!!!” So Eun mentally scolded herself as she drove even faster to be there. When she finally parked her car in front of the kindergarten, she saw a group of kids were running out from the main gate. She smiled when she watched some of them were chasing and joking to each other, some of them were running to catch for their parents and even some of them simply walked towards the nearby bus stop, waiting for the bus to come and pick them up.

“Minji ah...mama is here!” So Eun cheered and she got out from her car. She slammed close it back before she leaned her body against it, crossing her arms and stood waiting for her princess to come out. She waited, scanning around the kindergarten while she greeted some of the parents that she used to know being the father or mother to Minji’s friends. Finally, the last kid came out running from the gate.

“Mom!” a blond girl ran as her mother spread her arms and lastly cuddled her little daughter. So Eun grinned, watching them when she heard the woman asked her child.

“How’s school today???” she set the girl on her feet again and they resumed walking home. Then So Eun noticed something weird. Where was her Minji??? So Eun found her eyes widened when she saw one of the teacher stopped by the gate and she pulled it inward to close it. Hastily, So Eun ran towards her.

“Wait!!! Pardon me...but may I know where is Lily??? I thought she hasn’t go out yet...” she asked the teacher while the lady furrowed in return.

“Lily??? I thought somebody picked up her already...she’s the earliest who got back just now...” So Eun shook her head in confusion upon listening to her. It couldn’t be! Only her that will come here everyday to pick her own daughter! How come Minji was missing right now??? Who had been taking her away??? So Eun thought in worried and she shook the teacher by her wrist.

“Then tell me! Who is exactly the person that had come here to pick my Lily up???” the lady bit her lips, she blinked her eyes in silent for a while before she finally clapped her hands.

“Ah! A man...there was a tall man that came here to pick her...Lily seems to know the guy...they even joked together when they talked so I assumed that it would be save to let her go with him...didn’t you remember of asking anyone else to come for her today?” she asked her back while So Eun sighed in relief. When she mentioned a ‘man’, So Eun knew that she didn’t need to feel worry. She knew exactly who that guy was! So Eun smiled and nodded her head.

“Yeah...my mistake...I should have remember that I asked my friend to come picking Lily up because I’m quite busy with weddings today...I’m terribly sorry!” So Eun reasoned but the teacher shook her head, she was grinning back to her.

“No, it’s normal for parents to be worried about their child...but I’m sure that Lily will be just fine now...she’s gone home early today...” she replied and So Eun immediately thanked her. She excused herself to rush inside her car again. Even though she already knew that her Minji was saved, still she needs to make confirm of it. As soon as she got inside her car, So Eun reached for her handbag from the seat behind and she brought out her phone. Her fingers dialed on someone’s number before she listened to the beeping sound, waiting for the person to pick her call.

“Hello!” she heard the voice of a man greeted her and So Eun clicked her tongue impatiently.

“Yah, Kim Si Hoo!!!” she suddenly had an urge to yell at him. Damn this man!!! He should have told her if he wanted to help her about picking Minji from her school. Si Hoo distanced the phone from his ear but he chuckled and put it on back.

“Wow, easy there...what’s up with you, So Eun ah???” he started to speak again when he calculated that So Eun had calm down herself a bit. So Eun rolled her eyes and groaned.

“You really have given me a heart attack! How come you didn’t tell me that you want to take Minji with you huh??? I rushed like a mad cow from the wedding to her school, you know!” So Eun complained but Si Hoo frowned over the line. He laughed and looked around him.

“So Eun ah...why are you being nonsense here??? I’m not taking Minji anywhere...she’s still at her school, of course...while I’m still in my shop...” he answered and it silent So Eun at once. What did he just say??? He was still inside his shop??? Then where did her Minji go??? She was following which man just now??? Her heart started to increase in beating while she could feel her hand was trembling on her lap. She looked down to it.

“Yah, Kim oppa...stop joking with me...this is not funny at all! I know that you picked Minji just now! She’s with you at your cafe, right??? Give the phone to her! I need to talk to her now! Quick!” she pressed her voice louder and rushed him. Si Hoo frowned, he started to feel something strange about this. He stood up from his chair and walked out from his office. As he entered the front side of his cafe, each of his workers greeted him but Si Hoo simply nodded to them.

“So Eun ah...I don’t have time to joke around with you...of course I’m telling you the truth...Minji isn’t even here...she’s not with me...and I’ve not leaving this cafe since I came this morning...which mean I’ve never go to pick Minji at her school...so, are you sure that she isn’t there anymore???”

So Eun sighed in disbelief and panic once he stopped talking. She shook her head slowly, couldn’t bring herself to believe that her lovely daughter was missing right now. So Eun sat straight again and she peered through the window, scanning around the empty kindergarten. She thought that she would find her child there but of course, So Eun just ended up picturing the cute Minji running and yelling her name.

“No! She’s not missing! I’m going to find her and kill that man! Report to police if I still didn’t get to find her until this evening!” Si Hoo didn’t stand a chance to reply her again as he heard So Eun cut off the line. The only thing that he received was an order from her. He furrowed and put down his phone. Si Hoo racked his brain to think about Minji. Who had been taking her away??? It must be a man since he heard So Eun talked about killing a man just now....but who???

“Aigoo, Minji ah! Don’t make me feel like this! Please show up in front of me, honey...” So Eun mumbled, praying under breath as she drove to their house. She really was out of idea right now on where to find her daughter. As long as she had known Minji, that child wasn’t really an outdoor person. She even rarely likes to stay at the playground. That was why So Eun felt completely empty now. She needs to find her princess back! She needs to know that she was okay and she needs to feel Minji inside her arms again!

So Eun drove herself to their house and tried to find her but she was disappointed. Even after she asked all the nearby neighbors but none of them have seen Minji for today. So Eun plugged up her courage again and she drove to the main city instead. But of course, it was too big and So Eun didn’t even know where to start finding her. Meanwhile, she received a message from Si Hoo. He told her that he was on his way too, finding Minji at any place that he could think of.

So Eun let out an irritated sigh and she leaned her forehead against the steering of her car. She just hoped that Minji would be just fine now and she wasn’t with somebody that bad. Then So Eun sat straight again, throwing her sight out of the car.

“Think, So Eun ah! Think!” she forced herself as she covered her head with her hands. Finally, an idea came inside her mind. Even when Minji didn’t seem to be a huge fan of the playground but she knew her daughter too well. So Eun remembered that there was a small playground that Minji liked to spend her weekend there. Together, both of them will go there to accompany Minji for playing once in every weekend. Sometimes they even go there with Si Hoo tagging along. As soon as So Eun remembered the place, she drove herself there.

It was actually an old playground situated behind the area of a high school. Since everybody was in high school, that was why nobody ever bother to play here. But her Minji loved the silence that it has here. So Eun parked her car across from the playground and she ran out from it. When she stopped facing the area, she swept her eyes in panic around it.

“Minji ah...Minji ah...where are you, sweetie???” So Eun muttered tiredly under her breath but then she heard someone answered her chanting.

“Mama!” So Eun spun her body around at once when she caught the soft voice of her daughter. Her eyes widened but teary in relief and gratefulness when she finally saw her. There came her Minji!

“Omo! Minji ah!!! Come here, baby!” So Eun half ran towards her daughter until she finally reached her and kneeled down to pull Minji into her arms. She tightened her hands around the small back of Minji’s body when So Eun rested her chin on her little shoulder.

“Aigoo, Minji ah!!! Where have you been, honey??? Don’t you have any idea on how worried I am about you??? Don’t ever scare me like that again!!! Do you get me???” So Eun reminded her forcefully, her smooth silky hair. But the kid carelessly was chuckling.

“No worries, mama...I’ve only be staying with a really good adjusshi...he’s surprisingly a Korean too!” Minji said, sounded happy as So Eun frowned into her hair. She slowly let go of her daughter and cupped her face to look properly at her.

“You are with an adjusshi??? Who???” she asked through her suspicious eyes as she started to run her hands up and down of Minji’s body. Minji blinked her eyes cutely on her mother.

“What are you doing, mama???” she asked her back instead of answering her question. When So Eun satisfied with what she was looking at, she finally let out a relief sigh.

“No...nothing...I’m glad that you’re not hurt by him...at least you’re fine...” So Eun said and she kissed Minji tenderly on her forehead. The little girl laughed before she shook her head.

“No, mama...you don’t have to worry about it...adjusshi won’t hurt me...he’s a good guy...he even bought me my favorite cheese cake!” Minji told her happily as she clapped her little pinkish. But So Eun eyed her while she bit her lips in dissatisfaction. She still didn’t feel secure about this though her Minji was safe and sound in front of her now. So Eun pouted and reached out to hold Minji’s hands.

“Minji ah...tell me, which adjusshi that bring you here??? Is it Si Hoo???” she asked gently as So Eun squeezed on her hands. Minji blinked, thinking for a minute but then she grinned her brilliant smile – seriously, it wasn’t something that anyone could get over with. Minji shook her head playfully and swung their entwined hands together.

“No, no, no...it’s not Si Hoo adjusshi...it’s another adjusshi...he’s gorgeous, mama! You should check him out!” check him out??? Did her daughter just ask her to take a look on the person that also had taken her precious daughter from her??? No way!!! Even when she sees him, she might end up killing him straight away! But So Eun hid her anger by smiling back to Minji. She tugged a lock of hair to the back of Minji’s ear.

“No, honey...let’s get back for today...” she disagreed and started to stand up again. Minji watched her mother as So Eun was about to take her first step while holding to her right hand. But Minji took another quick glance over her shoulder and she curved up a blinding smile. She set her eyes once again on the adjusshi that she mentioned just now and he waved to her. Minji grinned even broader now as she turned shaking So Eun around her wrist. Her mother looked down to her.

“What is it, Minji ah???” So Eun questioned but Minji had suddenly let go of her hand.

“Eh??? Wher...where are you going...” So Eun was a bit startled and she rushed to catch for her daughter again but then she stood paralyzed. So Eun felt her eyes grew wider when Minji finally stopped wrapping her arms around a pair of legs. So Eun darted her eyes up from those legs to a well-built body and lastly stopped frozen on someone’s face. She blinked her eyes when their sights met.

So Eun held her breath involuntarily. She almost didn’t believe her own eyes now. The one that standing right in front of her, the one that standing next to her daughter, the one that standing majestically tall there and the one that she noticed Minji was being happy with because So Eun watched her daughter was giggling to that person. Then she said,

“Adjusshi! This is my mother that I talked about! She’s pretty, isn’t she???” So Eun slightly changed her eyes from Minji before darted up back to that man. Slowly, he smiled down to her little daughter before he fixed his eyes straight on So Eun. His usual sharp stare was making So Eun’s heart to skip a beat. It was weird, especially after these 8 years...

As So Eun tried to find her voice again and cleared , that man slowly curved up a smile – the one that she missed the most and the one that she knew has never fail to melt her. So Eun frowned on him before he gave her a nod.

“Yes, Minji ah...your mother is indeed, very much pretty...” he finally started talking, complimenting her. So Eun instantly hid down her face as she knew that her blood was rushing sheepishly towards her cheeks now. It was awkward to hear it, the praise that came from a man – especially this man. Kris.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

“Seung Min ah...your favorite man is here...” a middle aged woman sang playfully as she poked her head from behind the door. A kid was in that room. He sat on the floor as he busily enjoying himself on the Legos. Multi-colored and all types of Lego could be seen spreading messily around him in circle. When he heard her, the cute little one tilted his head to look back.

“Ah! Really??? Appa is here???” Seung Min asked excitedly and he jumped on his feet. The woman chuckled before she smiled to him.

“Yes, sweetie...so hurry up and pack your stuff...he’s here to pick you up...” the woman said as her instruction was followed by a loud ‘yay’ from Seung Min. Meanwhile just outside of the babysitter’s house, stood a man next to the front door. He leaned his body against the wall as he kept his hands inside his pocket, whistling alone and waiting for Seung Min. Then came a beep on his phone. The man took it out and checked on the message.

-Are you there already??? Aigoo!!! I’m overly busy today! Mentally collapsed! I hope you’ll be there in time so that Seung Min won’t be freak out for nobody to come and take him...just bring him to meet Song Ju...I’m rushing to him now! Thanks anyway!

He rolled his eyes and stuffed the phone inside his pocket again. He looked up to the house behind him. “I am here already, Ara yah...I’ve never be late...”

Just as he muttered like that, he heard noisy running footsteps came through the door. Next, it was followed by a screaming of a woman.

“Don’t run, Seung Min ah!” the man chuckled to himself when he could clearly imagine the way the three years old Seung Min was rushing for him. Then someone pulled open the door and the kid burst outside.

“Kyuhyun appa!!!” Seung Min yelled, smiling happily as he ran into Kyuhyun’s waiting arms. Kyuhyun scooped him up and Seung Min circled his hands around his neck.

“Hi, there hottie! How do you do???” Kyuhyun asked him but Seung Min giggled and kissed Kyuhyun on his cheek.

“I miss you so much, appa! I’ve been waiting for you to come and pick me!” he confessed while Kyuhyun shook his head. Kids can really being bold and straight forward about their feelings! But he chose to drop the matter and put Seung Min back on his feet.

“Alright, bro! I miss you too...now let’s go to your brother’s school, okay??? He must be delighted to see you! You need to cheer him up after all...” Kyuhyun explained as Seung Min’s babysitter, the earlier woman went to hand Kyuhyun with Seung Min’s bag. They smiled and bowed to each other while Seung Min pouted.

“That’s boring! I don’t think Song Ju hyung want me to be there for him...he’s always make fun of me since I don’t know how to play piano or singing like him!” Seung Min complained, rolling his eyes cutely as both Kyuhyun and his babysitter burst out laughing loudly.

“Aigoo, Seung Min ah! You shouldn’t think too much, honey...I’m sure that your brother would love it for you to be there and support him in this competition...besides, didn’t I tell you that you’ve got your talent too??? You’re very expert in playing gadgets!” Seung Min stared up emptily to his babysitter. He tried to smile but it faded away everytime he thought about Song Ju a.k.a his so called 5 years old hyung. Song Ju always loves to troll him, each and everytime. Kyuhyun messed his hair before he took Seung Min’s pinkish inside his hand.

“Alright, Mrs. Kwon...thanks for taking care of Seung Min...we’ll leave now...” Mrs. Kwon nodded with smile to Kyuhyun and she blew a loving kiss down towards Seung Min.

“I’ll see you again tomorrow, Seung Min ah!!!” she shouted to him while Seung Min finally waved to her as he took his steps following Kyuhyun. They made their way to his car and Kyuhyun helped Seung Min to sit beside him. After securely fastening his seatbelt, then only Kyuhyun got back to his seat and drove. They were heading to Song Ju’s kindergarten. Today, they have got a singing competition there. Song Ju was one of the participants too as he will be singing and showing off his capability in playing piano at such a young age.

This was the part that Seung Min hated the most about his brother. Even though he was always annoyed by him but he can’t deny it to admit that his brother had got a real talent. Compared to him, he had known nothing except to play Legos and video games. But Seung Min was also feeling a bit prideful there because at least he knew how to handle tablet, notebook, laptop or cellphone very well! He loved spending hours in a day just to play with gadgets.

“Okay, Seung Min ah...we’re here...” the little boy was snapped out from his thoughts once he heard Kyuhyun was announcing to him. He ducked his head higher to look outside the window and Kyuhyun smiled down to him.

“Remember to smile, handsome...there are many beautiful girls here...” Kyuhyun and got down from his car. Seung Min rolled his eyes and waited for Kyuhyun to open the door for him.

“What is the use anyway??? They all are noona...” he commented once Kyuhyun pulled the door for him to step out. Kyuhyun chuckled and he resumed taking Seung Min’s little palm inside his. They walked side by side together approaching a colorful building in front of them. From the outside, they could hear cheerful melody played alongside with many voices of kids. Just as Kyuhyun and Seung Min was about to corner their way into the compound, someone called out to them.

“Yah, Seung Min ah!!!” Seung Min stopped walking and he pulled Kyuhyun to do the same. They tilted their heads simultaneously to the direction where the voice came from and Seung Min found himself was frowning on his brother. The 5 years old Song Ju was standing a few steps away from him and he made a peace sign to Seung Min.

“Yo! You’re late dummy!” Song Ju while Seung Min stuck out his tongue.

“Ah...my dear Seung Min is here...” suddenly Seung Min took his steps in reverse. Kyuhyun looked down to him when he felt Seung Min was squeezing his hand tighter and he turned around to hide his body from behind Kyuhyun’s legs. Song Ju snorted as he watched his brother while another man came to stand next to him. Song Ju tilted his head up to that man before he grinned.

“Appa!” Song Ju held up his palm to make a high five with that man as he laughed and replied him a clap. Seung Min peeked to them from behind of Kyuhyun’s legs as he gripped on him. Kyuhyun patted his head.

“Seung Min ah...what are you afraid of??? Go on...your hyung and appa is there...” Kyuhyun advised him but Seung Min shook his head. He hugged Kyuhyun even tighter around his knees.

“I don’t like him...” Seung Min commented through his trembling lips. Kyuhyun frowned sympathetically on him before he caught sound of someone’s heels. He raised up his head only to see Ara was walking approaching them. She grinned and waved towards Kyuhyun but she ended up standing next to Song Ju and the man that was feared by Seung Min.

“Omma...” Seung Min finally poked out his head to look at Ara but he still didn’t let go of Kyuhyun. Ara curved up a warm smile to him before she kneeled down and opened her arms wide to welcome her beloved son.

“Come here, Seung Min ah...come and give omma a hug...you miss me, right???” she asked him gently but Seung Min was hesitated to run towards his mother when he saw the man standing behind Ara. Ara noticed the terrified look drawn on his face so she changed her eyes back on the man behind her. He smiled bitterly down to Ara. She sighed but then she looked back to Seung Min.

“Seung Min, honey...you don’t have to be afraid...he is your appa...your biological appa...he won’t hurt you...nobody will hurt you...trust me...” Ara convinced him and offered her palm for Seung Min. Slowly, the kid looked up to Kyuhyun for assurance and Kyuhyun winked to him.

“Yeah, go ahead...” Kyuhyun encouraged him and peeled off Seung Min’s hands from circling his legs. Step by step, Seung Min made his way towards Ara until he finally made it to be embraced by her. Ara laughed and patted Seung Min on his back. Seung Min returned her hug equally too.

“Aigoo, Seung Min ah...omma miss you so much, dear! Sorry for asking your Kyuhyun adjusshi to come and pick you instead...” Ara whispered to her son while Seung Min started to giggle and curve a smile again on his small lips.

“I miss you too, omma...” as he replied, Seung Min peered over Ara’s shoulder and his eyes fell on that man. He watched bitterly as Song Ju clung to him and their father was hugging his older brother inside his protective arms.

“Lay appa, do you think I’ll win the competition???” Song Ju asked their father, sounded thrill and nervous. Lay thought over for it, rubbing his chin but then he finally smiled confidently to Song Ju. Lay nodded his head.

“Of course...you’re talented, Song Ju ah...you’ve got a wonderful voice...surely you’ll win it...” Lay assured his son and kissed Song Ju briefly on his forehead. Song Ju giggled but then Lay changed his sight to Seung Min, still holding on to Ara and he smiled warmly to him. Lay loved both of his sons equally, Song Ju and Seung Min but...Seung Min didn’t seem to stop being cold to him since he was born three years ago right until today. Lay sighed in worried. What can he do to make his son see him as his real father instead of admitting Kyuhyun as his appa???

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Yoora...happy birthday to you!!!” everyone inside the house was singing the song with all of their hearts. As soon as they ended it, they clapped their hands and cheered loudly for a little girl. The girl named Yoora laughed and clapped her hands excitedly too.

“Quick, Yoora ah! Blow the candle and make a wish!” Mr. Lee who sat at the corner of the living room shouted to his grandchild. Yoora grinned up to him and she made a peace sign through his videocame. Mr. Lee laughed out loud upon watching her cute action. Yoora turned back to stare on her birthday cake. There were five candles dipped on the layer as it was indicating her age that finally reached five today. Yoora sat waiting again, she was thinking about the matter that she should make her wish for. Suddenly, she felt a pair of warm hands was touching her from behind. Yoora looked back and she smiled up to Luhan. Her father circled his arm around her neck and he kissed Yoora on top of her head.

“Go on, princess...make your wish...” Luhan told his daughter and Yoora nodded with broad smile. She set her eyes again on the cake. Slowly, she closed her eyes and clasped her hands together. Everyone waited in thrill as she silently prayed to God for her wish. Then she opened her eyes back and automatically blew on the candles at once.

“Yey!!!” the whole Lee family was cheering and applauding for her again. Luhan watched his daughter in proud as he felt blissful to see her growing up healthily day by day. After finished blowing on the cake, Mrs. Lee started to cut it into small pieces so that everyone could share eating it together. Yoora got the first plate and she brought it running towards Luhan.

“Papa!” Yoora called out and Luhan lifted her to sit on his lap. He helped her spooning herself with the cake. They smiled to each other.

“Is it tastes good???” Luhan asked and cleaned the corner of her lips. Yoora nodded again to him.

“Yeah...it’s delicious, papa...thank you...” Yoora replied him as she continued to eat the cake. Luhan simply watched her, her hair slowly as he thought of someone. Luhan patted his daughter on her small shoulder.

“Yoora ah...after you finish this...let’s go and meet your mother again...okay???” he offered while Yoora clapped her hands.

“Yey!!! I miss her so much!!!” she cheered and it brought the laughter from the whole family. She received a gift from each and everyone of them. Mr. Lee prepared something for her inside a big pinkish box while Mrs. Lee brought her a teddy bear. Her uncle and aunty also have got something special for him and the same went for her cousin, Yoo Na’s daughter and Luhan himself. Though Yoora was grateful from all those presents but what she hoped the most was to see her mother again right in front of her eyes.

That was why after they ended the party, Luhan drove them straight to the nearby hospital. Inside the car, Luhan looked down to Yoora and saw she was holding a folded white paper inside her small hands. Luhan chuckled to her.

“Yoora ah...what do you plan to give to your mama this time???” Luhan asked her and Yoora winked joyfully.

“Another drawing, of course! But this time I drew something different for her...” she answered while Luhan beamed his head playfully to his daughter. He knew the big passion that Yoora has in painting.

“And what is it???” he tried to guess again.

“Em...I drew her a picture of my birthday party...but she’s included among us...because I wish next year, mama could be there with me to celebrate it with us, papa...” Luhan slowly felt his lips straightened again when he listened to her. Poor his daughter, she must be longing to live happily with Yoo Bi. Since Yoo Bi got involved in that accident eight years ago, she lost their first baby. Though it took Luhan almost a year to console Yoo Bi from mourning over the loss of their baby but a few months later they got Yoora. They got the chance to care for Yoo Bi all along the 9 months but when it was the time for her to give birth, she got into a complication. Luhan remembered how hard and frustrated they were back then. Yoora was also born through surgery and not normal delivery way like other kids. Yoo Bi lost excess blood until she ended up coma from the moment she gave birth to their daughter. Yoora grown up under his care meanwhile Yoo Bi was still as hopeless as that. That was why Luhan determined to give Yoora everything in her life so that she won’t feel miss out because the absence of Yoo Bi as her mother.

“Ah, we’re here!” Luhan stepped on the break of his car when they finally reached the hospital. He sighed slowly under his breath, thinking about his wife and daughter. He pushed away the thoughts and got out from his car.

“Come on, sweetie...” Luhan led his daughter into the hospital. They arranged their steps until they finally reached the fifth floor of the building.

“Annyeong, mama!!!” Yoora greeted her mother as hyper as usual and she burst into the room. Though she was so loud but Yoo Bi remained frozen on the bed. Luhan followed from behind as he closed back the door. Yoora ran to climb on a chair situated next to the bed and she bent her head to give Yoo Bi a kiss on her cheek.

“Mama, I miss you so much!!! Today is my birthday and papa held a grand birthday party for me! I love it, mama! It would be more wonderful if you’re there!” Yoora went on communicating with her mother. Luhan stopped at the edge of the bed and he reached out for her hand. Luhan took Yoo Bi’s palm inside his and squeezed it. As he watched Yoora continued to tell her story all about the party and presents that she got, Luhan silently talked inside his head.

“Yoo Bi ah...it’s already five years...our daughter is already 5 years old now, honey...please wake up from your coma and be with us again...as much as Yoora miss you...I know I feel the same because I’ve been dying to see the talkative and cheerful Lee Yoo Bi again...please, wake up for me...for our daughter...”

To be continued...

"I was supposed to be his wedding planner, not his bride!"