Chapter 21 - "My Love will Protect You and Never Let Go..." - Part 1

The Wedding Planners

 

THE WEDDING PLANNERS

(A/N): Here is my promise, dearest readers! And oh, chapter 22 is a sneak peek on something so check it out~~~ Enjoy reading and thanks for your supportive comments everyone! I really love The Wedding Planners' commenters...I have about 112 comments already! I demand more...kekekeke (greedy...)

“Miss...”, Lee Joon poked his head from behind the door. His eyes wondered around the room until at last it stopped on So Eun. She was sitting next to the windowpane, staring emptily toward the skies outside.

“Miss...it’s time to eat...”, she slightly looked at him from the corner of her eyes as Lee Joon made his way entering the room and leaving the door opened as he walked. Finally he stopped beside the bed and put down a tray of food on the side table. So Eun kept shut, finally turning to him as Lee Joon stood straight again.

“You haven’t eaten for a few days...maybe you should take something now...or else you’ll get sick...”, he advised to her and So Eun nodded her head weakly. She left the window and walked back toward the bed. As she sat, Lee Joon started to place the tray on her lap. She sighed on those meals.

“How do you know that I love Kimchi???”, So Eun pointed on a small plate of Kimchi. Lee Joon chuckled and knelt down in front of her, wanting to watch her as she eats.

“You ate it a lot even when we were in Japan...you even bought many stock of it to keep at your house and apartment...I notice everything about you, miss...”, he tried to make her realizes how much he actually cared about her. But So Eun kept her eyes stern, wordless before she started spooning herself. Suddenly, she chocked.

“Uhuk, uhuk! Lee oppa, water! Get me some water!”, she coughed harder for a few times, clutching and threw down her spoon. Lee Joon widened his eyes and he hastily got up.

“Wait here!”, he said and trying to run out from the room but it was the time when So Eun intentionally pushed away the bowl of rice in front of her down to the floor.

“Pang!!!”, the glass landed on the floor and shattered into tiny pieces. Lee Joon was immediately startled and he hurried back to So Eun.

“Miss! Are you okay???”, he asked in concern as he rushed to her side but So Eun caught his hands. He could feel that her palms were trembling madly.

“I’m...I’m so sorry, Lee oppa...I didn’t mean to...ouch!”, So Eun hit the tip of her toes on her attempt to turn at him. She howled in pain and gripped harder on Lee Joon’s hand. He was panicked now as he saw her blood started to drip down to the floor.

“Omo, So Eun sshi! What should we do now??? Okay, wait here...I need to get something from the kitchen to stop the bleeding...just wait!”, Lee Joon instructed her loudly and he started to get up from the bed and disappeared downstairs. So Eun was closing her eyes, enduring the pain as her hand slowly snatched a tissue from the table and wiped the blood on her toes. Then she opened her eyes back and glanced anxiously toward the wide opened door.

She bit her lips before she pushed her body to stand up. Even though she hadn’t eat anything during the few days before and she almost run out of energy but So Eun can’t think of anything else than to escape now. She needs to get out of here right at this moment when Lee Joon carelessly didn’t lock the door where he trapped her. So Eun thought determinedly and she started to pace approaching the door. She tilted her head out from it, scanning the narrow corridor before she tightened her bravery and stormed down the stairs.

“Aish! Where the hell that I put that thing???!!!”, So Eun heard Lee Joon was cursing himself when she reached the living room. She never knew where this house would be. Lee Joon never let her leaves the room since he brought her here so this was the first time she ever reached the living room. This house was pretty and quite expensive to be afforded by a bodyguard like him – or maybe someone pay him to lock her here??? So Eun thought but she shook it away and crawled on the floor to reach the main door. As she listened to Lee Joon, still grumbling inside the kitchen to look for the first aid kit – So Eun finally stopped before the exit door and she slowly pulled on the knob to check whether it was lock or not. Maybe it was her luckiest day to escape so it was easily opened on the first pull and So Eun could the cold breeze blowing from outside as she peeked through the small opening.

“Thanked God...”, she whispered under her breath before she stole another quick glance toward the kitchen. Lee Joon still wasn’t aware of her there so she took the chance and pushed the door widely opened and ran out of it.

“DUM!”, the door hit the wall and Lee Joon flinched a bit. He closed back the cabinet that he was about to open and paced to enter the living room. That was when he saw the main door was left opened now. Lee Joon frowned.

“Miss!!!”, his grew wider when his mind working again and Lee Joon himself ran out, leaving the house unlock as he chased after So Eun.

“Please...run faster, Wu So Eun!!!!”, So Eun was encouraging herself as she picked up her paces and ran toward an unknown direction. She managed to scan around and she was aware that she was at a small village in Busan. She saw the signboard until she finally felt tired and stopped running.

“Ouch!”, So Eun whispered in pain as she felt the wound on her toes was screaming. It still bleeding because she was running barefoot now, didn’t manage to grab any slippers on her way escaping just now. So Eun panted, running out of breath as she bent down her body and rested her hands on her knees.

“Aigoo!!! This is tiring!”, she complaint, feeling her body will collapse any moment from now because of her weak strength. Then So Eun looked back over her shoulder to check whether Lee Joon manages to go after her and she gasped in frightened once she caught sight of Lee Joon running too.

“Miss!!! So Eun sshi!!!”, Lee Joon stormed insanely around the town as he searched for her.

“Damn it!”, So Eun cursed and she dragged her bleeding and painful feet to continue running again before Lee Joon notices her. At last, out of idea – So Eun saw a small chapel nearby from where she stood and she thought of hiding inside it before she thinks of a way to go back to Seoul.

“Lee oppa won’t expect me to be inside the chapel...”, So Eun heard her mind guessed alone and her body blankly agreed to it as she picked up her paces, covering with her palms because she wanted to stop herself from screaming in pain. So Eun ignored the bleeding cut on her toes and she finally entered the chapel. She closed the door and looked ahead again. The chapel was empty now; no one was seen to be around.

“Huuuuuhhh...”, she breathed out in relief and sliced her body down to the floor. Finally, she escaped successfully.

Kris parked his car outside of the big house. He turned off the engine and checked once again on the address gave by Clara to him. “It should be here...”

He frowned on the paper before Kris threw it away and got out from the car. He walked over to it, entering the front garden without ringing on the bell because the gate was left wide opened by someone. Kris stopped exactly in front of the door – it was opened too. He bit his lips, hesitated to get inside but he can’t wait to see his wife again so he stepped inside the house.

“Em...hello??? Is anybody home???”, he started to ask, raising his voice a bit so that the whole house could hear him. But unfortunately, no one did and Kris started to explore around the house. He traveled from the living room to the kitchen and finally to the backyard. Strange, nobody was home.

“! Where exactly is my So Eun??!! Did Clara kidding me???!!”, Kris exclaimed angrily and he kicked one of the flower pots around the back garden. It hit the nearby wall and scattered into tiny glasses. Kris ignored the damage that he had done as he paced back into the house. As he was about to leave at the front door, he finally notice the narrow staircase that lead to the room upstairs. Kris frowned toward it, clearing his throat before he climbed on it. The next thing that he aware of was the only small room. Kris questioningly entered it and he paused on his feet when he saw the shattered pieces of bowl and the reddish blood stained around it. Kris started to wonder whose blood was it before he caught sound of someone’s footsteps downstairs.

“Aish!!! How can she ran away??? Aish!!! I’m so careless!!!”, Lee Joon ruffled his hair out of frustration as he made his way entering the house again. He didn’t notice the car parked outside the compound because he was too deep in worrying about So Eun. She hurt her toes just now and ran away without being cure after that. Would she be fine??? Lee Joon thought furiously, hands on his hips as he stood motionless at the center of the living room.

“What have you done to my wife???”, suddenly Lee Joon heard someone asked him with rough and firm voice. He glanced sideway and spotted Kris was walking down from the stairs. His eyes burned in madness horribly as he kept his stare sharp on Lee Joon. He swallowed hard down his throat. How on Earth Kris would appear here???

“I’m asking you, ! Where.is.my,wife???”, Kris gritted his teeth and and felt his hands automatically balled up into fists. Lee Joon back away from him, turning his body to face Kris. He kept his face cool, trying to act calm as Lee Joon hid his hands inside his pockets.

“So you’re here...”, was the only stupid answer came out from his mouth. Kris hissed sharply and took another step approaching him.

“Yes, I am here...and if you don’t want to die any minute from now, you better tell me...where is So Eun???”, he repeated his question again, trying his best to control his temper. It would be extremely dangerous for Lee Joon if Kris lose his patience now. He might end up hanging him on the fan or bury him at the backyard or anything that could cause Lee Joon to death! Lee Joon raised his eyebrow.

“How do you know that she was here???”, he tried to change to the topic, delaying the time for Kris. But Kris wasn’t someone that will fall into his trap so he grabbed fiercely on his collar, bringing Lee Joon’s face closer to him.

“And you tell me why on hell that you kidnapped my wife???!!!”, Kris shot the question loudly to his face and Lee Joon narrowed his eyes. The two men were staring with their bloodshot eyes on each other. Lastly, Lee Joon braced his heart to confess, to tell Kris the truth.

“Because I love her...I love your wife...and I want her to be with me...I want her to leave you...happy now???”, he told him with disgusted face and it annoyed the hell out of Kris. He felt Lee Joon was only adding the oil to his already burning head and heart so he landed a hard and strong punch straight on his face.

“DUSH!!!”, Kris punched him and Lee Joon was thrown away backward. The impact was maximum as he fell down straight to the floor before his head collided with the wall, causing Lee Joon to slightly howl in pain. He tried to get up but Kris kicked him hard on his stomach and he picked Lee Joon back by his collar.

“If I find out that So Eun shed even a drop of blood from her body because of you...then you better welcome yourself to Hell! I’m so not gonna let you go! You gonna pay for this, Lee Joon! Mark my word!”, Kris threated him and presented Lee Joon with another hard punch before he threw his already weak body at the corner of the house and Kris went out. He jumped into his car as he slammed close the door loudly.

“Hish!!!”, Kris paid off his anger on the steering, hitting it hard a few times. Then he finally sighed, realizing how much stupid he was that he trusted Lee Joon to be So Eun’s bodyguard after all this time. How could he fall in love with his wife??? How could he??? Kris asked his mind in regret as he leaned his head on the seat and closed his eyes. He was totally losing his mind now! Lee Joon was just slightly lucky today that he didn’t decide to kill him! Kris thought angrily again as he exhaled out loud. Then he tried to rearrange his mood because he needs to stay calm to find his wife again.

“Where would you be So Eun ah??? Please show up in front of me...I’m very much tired now!”, Kris murmured under his breath before he clicked the key to switch on the engine and drove away toward the town. The light turned red on the traffic so Kris stepped on the break and stopped his car. He waited for the light to turn into green again before he scanned around the small town for his wife. If So Eun was running away, she must be still around here or somewhere else nearby the main train station. Kris thought of going there but his eyes stopped on a small chapel next to the street. Suddenly, he remembered the small talk that he have back then with So Eun. When he asked her, why on Earth that she loves to be a wedding planner, her reason was because she thought of wedding and marriage as something magical. She loves planning everything for every couple because she enjoyed seeing their happy faces, enjoyed the harmony between the newlyweds. Kris found himself chuckling alone when he recalled how silly So Eun looked when she said that she was their cupid. Chapel was one of her favorite venue to plan a wedding. Kris sighed, he guessed maybe he should stop by for a while, calming himself down before he resumes searching for her.

“Pin, pin!!!”, he startled when the cars behind him were all buzzing their hons. Kris glimpsed on the light, it had turning to green so Kris immediately cornered around the junction toward the chapel. He stopped his car and made his way to enter it. As he pulled open the door, the first thing that he saw was the rows of wooden benches inside it. Kris stepped further inside and he closed the door behind him. The chapel was so quiet with no one inside it. Kris let out a long sigh before he resumed his steps to walk to the front. But he paused and narrowed his eyes when he spotted a girl ahead of him.

She had her back on him as she knelt down in front of Jesus’s statue and prayed silently. Her head was bent down as she closed her eyes and clasped her hands together to pray upon the God.

“Please...bring me back safely to see Kris...I just want to be by his side, staying forever with him...please...I beg you to listen to my wish...don’t let us fall apart again...”, So Eun whispered inside her heart as she felt tears merrily streamed down her cheeks. Then she slowly opened back her eyes and stared up on the statue. She wiped away her tears, racking a way inside her head to go back at Seoul. She has no money now so how can she take any taxi or train to go there??? So Eun thought furiously but she clicked her tongue and pushed her body to stand up. As she turned her body around, hands on her knees because her wound still hurting her – So Eun looked up and landed her eyes straight on Kris. They both stood frozen, couldn’t believe their eyes that they were staring to each other now. Kris bit his lips harder, trying to wake himself up if he was dreaming right now. But it hurts, his lips was hurt so he wasn’t dreaming, right??? Then he gulped down his throat and arranged his steps slowly toward her.

So Eun fixed her eyes on him too and she blinked when she saw he was moving. It was really Kris, right??? It was really her husband, right??? She felt the questions were all rushing to her inside her head but So Eun had no time to think for it. She immediately picked up her paces, started running toward Kris. She ran faster now but she accidently scratched her toes on the floor and it tripped her to the floor.

“Ahh!!!”, So Eun yelled out loud, feeling the sting on the wound as her body falling down to the floor.

“So Eun ah!!!”, Kris called out to her hysterically and he launched forward to catch her.

“BUMP!!!”, they ended up falling down simultaneously on the floor but Kris managed to catch his wife. So Eun lied on top of him as Kris flinched a bit when his head bumped with the floor. So Eun was biting her lips, controlling the pain that overwhelmed on her toes but she forced her eyes to open. She needs to see Kris right now. There he was, right below her as he supported their bodies to sit again. Kris held his wife firmly but protectively around her shoulders as he pushed their bodies to stand up. Once they managed to sit straight again with So Eun on his lap, she finally burst out crying loudly and So Eun immediately hugged Kris around his neck – burying her face on his shoulder.

“Kris!!! Huwaaahhhhhh!!!”, she was sobbing like a little kid now but So Eun didn’t care to be embarrassed anymore. She got her Kris back and she wanted so much to sulk and cry.

“You’re so cruel, Kris!!! Why you came here so late???!!! You stupid, dumbhead!!! Slow poke!!! Don’t you know how suffer I am before???!!! You idiot!!!! Idiot!!! Idiot!! Idiot!!!!”, So Eun let go of him and she punched every part of his chest that she could reach using her two small fists. Kris was crying silently with her too, watching his wife closely through his teary eyes as he let So Eun punched him.

“Now what???!!! You finally found me but you froze like a puppet here??!! Don’t you know how to console me??? Don’t you know how to hug me??? Kiss me??? My legs is hurt, you crap!!!!”, So Eun scolded him unstoppably as she showed her bleeding toes toward Kris and resumed punching him again. Kris felt his heart broke once he eyed her wound; the blood had dried there as no one to heal her, to attend on her bruises. Kris nodded his head and grabbed So Eun on her arms to stop her from hitting him.

“Yes, yes...I know, I’m a fool...come...come here, honey...”, he said slowly to her and pulled her small body into his tight embrace. So Eun continued to sob on his chest but she clung tighter on his shoulders. Kris locked his arms around the back of her body and promised himself instantly to forever protecting her – he will never let her out from his sight again, ever!

“So Eun ah...I’m so sorry...I’m sorry about everything...I’m sorry that I didn’t protect you well...I’m sorry about Lee Joon...I’m blind enough that I never notice it when he actually has feeling for you...I’m sorry that I let him stole you away...and I’m sorry that I’m late...I’m more sorry than you could tell me...”, Kris kept apologizing to her, again and again as he So Eun gently on her hair. But So Eun shook her head and crumpled her hand on his collar.

“No...I don’t want to care about it anymore...as long as you’re here...I don’t care about anyone else...”, she told him but Kris suddenly remembered about something. His sister knew that place, the house where Lee Joon hid his wife so she was the one behind this??? But why??? He racked his brain for it but Kris stopped thinking, having his attention back on So Eun when she slowly let go of him. They stared deeply on each other and Kris finally cracked a smile.

“Yeah...I don’t care either...”, he concluded and rested his forehead on hers.

“I’m grateful that you’re safe now...that’s all I ever ask...”, he whispered to her and together they closed their eyes, savoring their reunion again.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

-Meet me at the studio right on 12 a.m.

Ara reread the message she got from Lay once she stood exactly in front of the company. She gazed up on the building as she wandered her eyes around.

“Has he lost his mind??? How on Earth can I enter this??? Everything is locked already!”, Ara cursed but then her phone rang and she picked it up at once.

“Yo! Where are you???”, Lay greeted her in calm as Ara narrowed her eyes.

“I’m here and it’s dead freezing! Tell me how can I go and meet you at the studio if the entrance is locked??? Are you sure you’re still here???”, she asked him uncertainly and Lay laughed to her.

“Yup! Listen to this...”, he agreed and moved the phone in front of the radio, situated next to him inside the dancing studio. Ara distanced the phone away from her ear when she caught sound of the loud music came out from it. She hissed and yelled through the phone. “Okay, okay...I got it! You’re practicing your dance! Now come and pick me here!”

“Nope! I’m too lazy to get down...you climb up...just followed this instruction...”, he simply ordered her and cut off the line. Ara gasped in disbelief.

“What instruction???!!!”, she groaned, messing her hair before her phone vibrated again. She clicked impatiently on it and the text revealed the secret path to break into the company. Ara rolled her eyes, shaking her head upon thinking about her husband’s kiddy act but she resumed walking according to his direction.

“You want to play hide and seek with me huh??? Let’s play!”, she mumbled and walked inside through the back door. It was surprising to her that no one was guarding the company at night. It seems that everyone can easily break inside. Ara kept searching until she arrived in front of his practice room. ‘STUDIO B’ was written on the door before Ara took a deep breath and pulled open the door.

“Sorry to interrupt...”, she said and poked her head inside. Then she caught sight of her husband in the middle of the dancing room. He stood there, wearing only a white tank top with his sweatpants and he was sweating all over his body. Ara fully entered the room now and she realized it that only Lay was practicing alone here until midnight. The catchy music was still playing from the radio, filling the whole area around them as Lay danced following the rhythm. He didn’t seem to notice she was already there so Ara let him continued with his practice as she walked over to his bag and sat next to it on the floor. She watched in silence as Lay kept on repeating a few steps until he had master with it. Finally the music stopped and it left him breathless and panting now. Lay wiped the sweat raining on his face with his palms and he glanced sideway. There was his wife, smiling and waving to him.

“Hi...”, Ara greeted him casually and Lay paced over to her.

“You managed to follow my instruction huh??? Good...clever enough...”, he praised her, making a thumb up for Ara as she pouted.

“It wasn’t so hard...but it’s scary, you know! The path is dark!”, she complaint to him while Lay stopped himself from laughing as he was about to drink his water. After he finished, he slipped his body next to her and leaned his head on the mirror behind them.

“Aigoo...I’m so tired...”, he mumbled, closing his eyes and tried to arrange his breathing steady back. Ara stared on his handsome sideway face before she pulled down her sleeve and used it to wipe his sweat flowing down on his cheeks and forehead.

“Gosh...you’re sweating like mad...don’t think of taking a rest for a while???”, Ara commented to him and Lay opened his eyes back. He eyed her from the corner of his eyes before he caught her wrist, making Ara to stop wiping his sweat. “What???”

“Hmmm...”, Lay bit his lips, thinking for a minute before he flashed his naughty smile to her and stood up, pulling Ara to follow him. “What??? Where are we going???”

Ara asked absentmindedly but she obeyed his gesture and stood up along with him.

“I want to teach you a few dance steps....”, Lay told her, pushing Ara to stand at the center of the floor. Ara widened her eyes and turned back to look at him as Lay walked over to the radio and tuned in the music for them.

“What??? Take your rest...don’t bother to teach me...I’m just a walking stick when it comes to dance!”, she informed him but Lay rolled his eyes lazily.

“Yeah...and remind me who was it that danced ily on the night in Hawaii while singing the Abracadabra song???”, he shot her the question sarcastically and Ara smirked, knowing that she failed to refuse to him. Lay finished choosing the track and he pushed his finger on the button to play it. Ara blinked her eyes in confusion when the classic melody of L.O.V.E song was filling the room now. She thought Lay was going to teach her dancing so the music should be more catchy than this right??? But the next thing that she realized was Lay standing in front of her and he held out his hand to her.

“Shall we dance???”, he asked seductively while Ara hesitated to take his hand.

“Em...one question...why are we...ah!”, she was about to ask but Lay grabbed her palm and pulled her toward him. He placed her left hand on his shoulder as he held her right hand with his left hand. Then Lay brought Ara closer to him as he circled his other hand around her waist. Ara blinked dully but she started to feel Lay was moving their bodies slowly together.

L, is for the way you look at me...

O, is for the only one I see...

V, is very very...extraordinary...

E, is even more than anyone else...

Love, is all that I can give to you...

Love, is the game for two...

Ara curved a sweet, shy smile upon listening to the song. She felt herself going red on the lyrics like it was dedicated to her by him. Lay chuckled along.

“You love this song???”, he asked her and Ara gave a short nod.

“Yeah...argh!”, she gripped harder on his shoulder when Lay lifted her up from her feet and spun their bodies around – they laughed playfully together. As he set her down on the floor again, Ara immediately hugged Lay, locking her arms around his neck and they barely move now, just slowly swinging their bodies. Lay returned her hug by circling her waist with his hands and he rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Have you told Tiffany sshi about your choice???”, she asked him softly and Lay sighed.

“Yes...I did...”, he replied slowly and swiftly kissed Ara on her hair.

“What did she say to you then???”, Ara insisted to know more but Lay parted their bodies away so that he could stare to her in her eyes. Ara peered deeply into his sparkling iris too.

“Ara yah...from now on, I just need you to believe in me with one thing...only one thing...”, he requested to her and Ara nodded without hesitation. “Sure...”

“Believe in me that I’m appreciate our marriage...you’re like my own personal angel...always guarding me and stay by my side...only that way I know, I can move on with my life...so can you promise me about it, Ara???”, he spoke, caressed her cheek gently with his long, cold fingers. Ara forced a thin smile to him and nodded her head in determination.

“I’ll always promise you...”, she concluded and resumed hugging him. Then she recalled the thing that Kyuhyun talked to her – that she supposed to let go of her marriage if she doesn’t want to suffer – but now she was completely clear about it that, no matter how much it would hurt her in the future – she still won’t give up on them. Lay was the only one that she could never let go. Ara decided inside her heart as she crumpled Lay on his shirt and closed her eyes. They will stick together, right until the end.

Press next everyone! ^^

"I was supposed to be his wedding planner, not his bride!"