Chapter 33 "...Because you're the Brightest person in my world..." (Part 1)

The Wedding Planners

THE WEDDING PLANNERS

(A/N): Hey, there! Thanks to new subscribers and thanks a lot for your comments everyone!!! This is just a part of this whole chapter...do wait for the continuation in part 2, okay??? Thanks again!!!

Yoo Bi tapped her fingers on the table. She sat around it as she elbowed her chin on her right palm. Her eyes scanned briefly around the room. She was in her college’s library right now. As she glanced on her wrist watch, it had passed 11.30 p.m. in the night.

“Just another 30 minutes...” she mumbled, waiting for the time to reach midnight before she could pack her stuff and go home. Tonight was supposed to be the most exciting night for her days in college. But it turned out to be different. Everyone including all of her closest friends were still gathering inside the main grand hall, enjoying themselves over the prom party but only her that was excluded. Why??? It wasn’t because zero boys that had asked her out but she was the one whom didn’t want to attend it with a partner. She simply declined each of them who had asked for her hand. Of course the reason was because she was a married young girl – she had her husband already. Plus, a very charming husband that makes her never bothered to pick any boy to become her date.

Yoo Bi smiled at the thought of Luhan. But the second later, she pouted. “I shouldn’t have come...this is boring and I’m alone!!!”

She complained as she recalled the little conversation she had with Luhan on the day before this party was held.

“You should go, Yoo Bi ah...” Yoo Bi looked up from her assignment papers to her husband. He sat on the floor next to the bed while she was lying with her books and stuff on it. Yoo Bi rolled her eyes.

“No, I don’t want to...it would be really boring to attend it without a partner...I can’t even dance! So I’ll just stay at home and take my rest...it’s even more fun because I can stay with you!” Yoo Bi conveyed herself and him while Luhan was chuckling beside her. He shook his head.

“No...it’s not what I meant...I mean, it’s the only chance in your life time, right??? Attending a prom and dancing with your friends...every teenager should have try it out...and I don’t want you to miss it...even without a partner, you can just go there and enjoy yourself over the party...perhaps having fun with the food then???” Luhan finished his opinion with thrilling smile to her. Yoo Bi narrowed her eyes, studying his face. Then she considered it thoroughly, maybe he was right – she shouldn’t just abandon the chance that only came once in her life. That was why she decided to listen to him and go...without a partner.

“Argh!!! Aish!!!” but she ended up hiding herself inside the empty library as everyone was too busy to entertain a loner like her! Instead of enjoying the meals, she was ‘enjoying’ herself in complete silence inside this room! Superb!!!

Yoo Bi thought grudgingly again – thanks to the brilliant suggestion of her husband! She sighed, shaking her head as she stood up from the seat. She paced over from the table to the nearest book shelf beside her. Yoo Bi started to browse for random book, thinking of reading it while waiting for the party to over but as she stopped in front of the shelter, she froze. Spontaneously, Yoo Bi’s mind drifted back to the thoughts of Kang Min Hyuk. She remembered Min Hyuk was once asking for her hand to attend this prom night with him but of course, she rejected him. The second memory of him was the conversation she had with him the other day inside his car. She met him when she came to the hospital and consulted the doctor about her pregnancy. They were having quite a long and serious talk regarding her pregnancy and problem with Luhan.

Yoo Bi even sighed heavily when she recalled the words told by Min Hyuk to her. He shamelessly requested to replace Luhan’s place as her husband and took responsibility on her baby. That was ridiculous!!! Yoo Bi has never wanted anyone else to take over the place of Luhan inside her heart. He will stay like that...forever. As Yoo Bi leaned her body against the side of the shelf, her hand her belly where her little baby was inside of it. She curved up a smile upon it as slowly, she remembered the conversation with Min Hyuk.

 “Change the father then...let me be the one...I’ll be the father of your child and I swear that, I’ll do my best in assuring the happiness of your life time...forever...” Yoo Bi felt her body gone numb at his words. Seriously??? Had he lost his mind??? The questions poured down confusedly inside her head as Yoo Bi tilted her face sideway to look at him. Min Hyuk was glancing at her too before he smiled.

“I’m serious, Yoo Bi sshi...don’t expect me to play around with my own words...I’ll take you as my legal wife if you divorce with him...” he added again while Yoo Bi was frowning. She let go of a long sigh before shaking her head.

“That’s...impossible, Min Hyuk sshi...” she said as Yoo Bi threw her sight on the road back. Min Hyuk narrowed his eyes to her. “What’s so impossible about it??? Thousands of people are divorcing each other nowadays...it isn’t something that is way too weird...”

“Yeah, I understand...but they choose to be separate because they’re no longer loving each other...as for me, the situation is totally different...I’m completely sure that I love my husband so much...Luhan oppa isn’t just a guy in my life...but he will be the only one who will stay inside it...inside my heart and life...we choose to share this life together...” Yoo Bi explained to him but Min Hyuk carelessly laughing over it.

“What’s so funny???” Yoo Bi guessed while Min Hyuk snorted.

“Tell me, Yoo Bi sshi...which part of your marriage that is sharing??? I don’t see any of it because...you even feel scared to tell your husband about your own baby...if this marriage is really about sharing, then your pregnancy should be something that is really blissful...and not to be scared...” Min Hyuk replied to her again. Yoo Bi stayed silent for a while, thinking deeply over the matter. But then, she finally took a deep breath and chose to shake her head in disagreement.

“No...no matter whatever you’ve said to me, I won’t change my mind...I am married to Luhan oppa...that makes me the only wife for him and he is the only husband for me...we will cherish this marriage together...that’s why I’ll figure out a way to tell him the truth about this baby...” Yoo Bi concluded their discussion as Min Hyuk secretly gulped down his throat. He felt so wrong and hurt by this. But on the other hand, he knew that he had no right to stop her from making her decision. The biggest fact that will never be broken by him was the reality of Yoo Bi’s marriage with Luhan. She was his wife – Min Hyuk marked it inside his head though his heart was piercing inside his chest. He finally gave her a small nod.

“I understand, Yoo Bi sshi...I wish you good luck for it...hopefully that Luhan is willing to accept the baby...”

Yoo Bi smiled in relief when she knew that they had come clean over it. She had no longer tied between Min Hyuk and Luhan now. Finally, she was free from any uncertainty and she didn’t have to feel afraid of Luhan being jealous about Min Hyuk and her again...because Min Hyuk had already decided to give up.

“Hmmm...” Yoo Bi peeked on her watch again. Finally, the night had reached exactly on 12 a.m. now. Yoo Bi stretched her body and started to walk back towards the table earlier. She picked up her handbag and decided to leave the library. She stopped by the door, pulling on the knob to open it but she froze when someone did it before her. The door was pushed open while Yoo Bi tilted her head outside to check on it. She gasped in surprise.

“Oppa???” Yoo Bi’s eyes glittered happily when the fabulous sight of Luhan filled inside it. He stood right in front of her, hands in his pockets as she noticed that he was wearing a pair of grey tuxedo tonight. Luhan winked to her and he leaned in to kiss Yoo Bi on her cheek.

“Why??? Speechless to see me???” he asked, beaming playfully to her. Yoo Bi glared back to him before she grinned broadly.

“Yeah...I lost my word now...what are you doing here, oppa??? I thought you’ll just wait for me to come home...” Yoo Bi replied him while Luhan rubbed his chin, pretending to think about it.

“Hmmm...actually I never intended to show up in front of you...I just came to spy on you...” he answered her truthfully as Yoo Bi broke out laughing in amusement.

“Spy on me??? Why do you have to???” she asked, sounded weird on his statement but Luhan chuckled.

“Nah...I just want to make sure that you didn’t flirt with any boys from here...fortunately, you didn’t disappoint me...thanks!” Luhan blew her a flying kiss while Yoo Bi rolled her eyes.

“Don’t sweat it, oppa...I told you that I don’t have any partner or date for this prom...so that’s why I’m hiding myself in this library...” she commented, spreading her arms wide in the air to indicate about the place. Luhan looked around too before he gave her a nod and laughed.

“Okay...I can see how lonely you’re...so...wanna have a dance with me???” Luhan suddenly offered her. He opened up his palm to her, winking naughtily while Yoo Bi blinked her eyes questioningly to him.

“What???”

“Oh come on, Yoo Bi ah! You should be proud that your partner is as hot as me!” Luhan pressed to her again. Yoo Bi kept herself silent for a minute before she finally caught his meaning. Yoo Bi grinned to him and took his hand in hers.

“Okay! Let’s dance!” she agreed at once. They left together hand in hand, skipping like two immature kids along the way to the grand hall. When they reached the place, they could still caught sound of the music booming inside it. Everyone was still drowned in the party while hitting the dance floor with their respective partner. Luhan tugged Yoo Bi on her arm when they were about to get through the door. Yoo Bi turned looking at him. “What’s wrong???”

“Em...I think we should do it properly...let’s enhance everyone by being the most perfect couple ever exist in the world!” he said excitedly as Luhan stretched out his right arm to her. Yoo Bi darted her eyes down to it before she slowly curved up a smile.

“Em!” she nodded her head in agreement again before she slipped her own arm under his hand and linked them together.

“Okay...shoulders straight and walk confidently...” Luhan reminded her, making his voice to sound professional as Yoo Bi laughed to him. She followed his instruction before they started taking their steps into the hall.

Once they made their way inside, almost every eyes fell on them. As expected from Luhan and Yoo Bi, their sight of walking together amazed everyone. They were indeed, a match made in Heaven! Yoo Bi stole a quick glance up to her husband. Luhan seemed to ignore all the attention that they gained from the crowd. He was humming slowly under his breath as he led her approaching the dance floor. She bit her lips, feeling nervous and proud at the same time. She was so glad to think that this perfect creature was truthfully her husband. Yoo Bi felt so grateful to the God for giving her such a beautiful person destined to be her husband in this world. At least now she knew that, the mistake happened during their wedding plan wasn’t a regret to her now but it was something that should truly be cherished by them.

Yoo Bi chuckled out of happiness slowly under her breath. As she looked around again, she noticed that they had already arrived in the middle of the dance floor. Luhan positioned her body to stand facing him as he pulled her waist closer to him.

“Dance...follows the rhythm...” Luhan whispered to her ear, leaning forward to Yoo Bi before he kissed her again on her cheek. Yoo Bi laughed over the slow dance but she comfortably laid down her head on his shoulder and briefly moved her body to dance with him. Luhan enjoyed himself over their silent intimacy too. He closed his eyes as he Yoo Bi gently on her hair. Suddenly, Yoo Bi thought again about their baby. Maybe she should just tell him now. But she wondered, how will he react to it in the middle of this dance floor???

“Em...Luhan oppa...” she called out, pushing him away a bit to look up on his face. “Yes???”

“I have been wondering...what will you do if one day...you know that I’m... – ah!” she was about to start talking but Yoo Bi yelped when she felt her body was suddenly being crashed by someone from behind.

“Woah! Easy now! What’s happening to you???” Luhan tried to support his wife once her body pressed to him but she accidentally lost balance on her high heels and Yoo Bi fell to the ground.

“Ouch! It hurts!” thump! Her body landed on the floor and she felt an instant vibration on her stomach. Yoo Bi protectively wrapped a hand around her belly and she shut her eyes tightly, biting her lips when she felt a sharp pain spreading into her lower pelvic. Yoo Bi panickedly thought of her baby.

“Ahh...oppa...it hurts...” she muttered as Luhan kneeled down next to her and gathered her inside his arms. He tried to help her getting up again but Yoo Bi felt the pain worsening and she gripped Luhan on his sleeves. She shook her head aggressively.

“I can’t oppa! It hurts!” Luhan looked up from his wife to around them. His eyes furiously searching for the person that had bumped to Yoo Bi just now. Then he saw a tall boy, limping while he was taking his steps out of the dance floor. He was clearly drunk right now as he kept on bumping with the other people too and not bothered to apologize to any of them! Luhan cursed under his breath.

“Damn it! I should have punched his face just now!” he blurted out and went back paying his attention to Yoo Bi. She had started to sweat now as she slowly rubbed her stomach to ease down the pain. She was praying that her baby was just doing fine.

“Yoo Bi, honey??? Are you okay??? Is your stomach still hurt???” Luhan asked in concern and he hugged Yoo Bi around her shoulders. Yoo Bi then tried to arrange her face, looking like she wasn’t hurt by it and she revealed her face to him. Luhan furrowed a bit when he noticed that her face had suddenly turned to become real pale just by being hit by a man. But Yoo Bi smiled to convince him.

“Yeah...I’m fine, oppa...” she replied shortly and supported on his shoulders to stand up. Luhan stood up along with her too. He cupped her face inside his palms and wiped the sweat drenched on her forehead.

“Seriously, Yoo Bi ah...you scared me...maybe that stupid drunken boy is too heavy for you...thank God that he didn’t fall down on you...and I’m even more grateful that you’re not pregnant...” Yoo Bi blinked her eyes and focused precisely on his face when Luhan mentioned about her being pregnant. Yoo Bi swallowed hard down .

“...and what if I’m pregnant???” she guessed mysteriously to him. Luhan frowned for a second before he smiled, shaking his head.

“Nothing...if you’re pregnant, that will be a problem right??? I don’t wish for any danger happen to you because I want you and our baby to be safe...I’ll protect both of you...I won’t let even a fly to touch you guys...” Luhan explained playfully to her. As he laughed, Yoo Bi stared on his face. She was so touch by his words – it was so sweet beyond limit. She felt extremely happy about it that Yoo Bi fiercely pulled Luhan inside her arms. She locked him close to her body. Luhan stopped laughing, blinking for a while but then he returned her hug.

“Don’t worry, honey...omma will find a way to tell your appa about your presence in me now...I promise...” Yoo Bi made a mental note inside her brain as she smiled down on her belly. It was a relief to hear that kind of thing from Luhan. At least now she knew that he was too, hoping for their baby and he will appreciate him if the little one was born later. She just needed an appropriate way to tell him, by crook or by hook!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Lay shifted uncomfortably on his feet. He tried to stand straight again – facing his group members, manager and president properly but he felt his body had gone weaker now. He can’t seem to handle this matter any minute longer. As he kept his head down, he heard one of them was clearing his throat.

“Zhang Yixing sshi...I need you to tell me everything...every single thing that is happening between you and prince Kyuhyun...tell me honestly...” Lay slowly looked up to the man that spoke. His eyes fell straight on the face of his president. He stared sharply on him with his stern expression. Lay darted his eyes over to his manager and group members. They were also staring to him with confusion drawn on their faces. Clearly, they seek for his proper explanation regarding the case between him and Kyuhyun. Lay looked again to his president.

“I’m sincerely sorry about the matter...but before I explain about it...there’s something, I want to confess to all of you...” he paused, gathering his courage to spit it out to them. His group members exchanged questioning looks among them while his manager was shaking his head. The president of their company let out a long sigh but he gave Lay a nod. “Alright...tell me about it...”

Lay took a deep breath before he talked, “To be true...I have been lying to everyone after all this time...”

His group members spontaneously were frowning to him when they heard him.

“What do you mean by it??? What are you lying to us???” Baekhyun opened his mouth, curious to know further about the problem. Lay glanced apologetically to him and he continued.

“This company forbid everyone to involve in any relationship...but I’m not in a relationship...I’m having more than that...actually...I’m married to a girl, even before I entered this company...” s and manager were all gasping in disbelief once Lay said it out loud. His president narrowed his eyes to him in total dissatisfaction too.

“Yah! What exactly you’re talking right now??? Tell us that it’s just a joke!” Minseok suddenly raising his voice and took a step closer to Lay but Jong Dae managed to stop him by grabbing Minseok on his arm. Minseok glared to him while Jong Dae shook his head firmly – signaling for him to not making the situation harder. Their president shot them a sharp glare from the corner of his eyes and Minseok back away at once. They stood waiting for him to start talking again.

Long silence wrapped them awkwardly before finally, the president broke the tension. “So...you’re telling me that prince Kyuhyun is somehow connected to your wife??? That’s why you bravely punched him and yelled like that???”

“Yes...he wants to take my wife away from me...which I can never allow it...” Lay replied him determinedly too. His president stared long enough on him. He stared on his face, reading his expression. It was crystal clear to him that Lay was serious about his marriage – he wasn’t lying to him about it. Lastly, he concluded.

“Then I have no other choice than to fire you...but since the prince had already make a statement that it was just a misunderstanding...you should have been forgiven...still, you lied to the company...you betrayed your members...I can’t let you go away from it...so, Lay...I’m giving you two choices now...remember to choose the best one for your future...first, you leave your wife and stay in this group...or second, you leave this group...and you can live freely with your wife...”

Lay leaned his head against the wall of the elevator. He sighed weakly, feeling a heavy giant rock just hammered straight on his head. Of course, he didn’t want to leave his group in vain like that. They just get started in their career. Their popularity was just at the beginning of building it high up but now he screwed up! He was sure that s might thought it was the best for him to leave them alone but...he loved his job so much. Being an idol was always his dream for the whole life time. But now, apart from stayed shining on the stage – he also felt greedy to shine in the eyes of a girl. Ara, he wanted to keep her by his side. He wanted to enjoy her love and knowing that he was living up to her support. But then again, life was never fair to anybody. In every path and decision, everyone could only choose one – so did the same to him.

He finally sighed when the elevator reached the floor. He walked out from it and arranged his way straight to Ara’s door. Once he stopped before it, he took a deep breath. Lay closed his eyes and tried to block out all the troublesome conversation he had at the company yesterday. Right now, he just wanted to see her and tell her how much he had been missing her lately.

“Ding dong! Ding dong!” he pressed on the bell. A few minutes later, he heard the door was unlocked and Ara stood up exactly in front of him. She gasped in shock when she saw him there.

“Lay!!!” Ara yelled and she jumped straight into his arms. Lay caught her body too, locking his arms tightly around the small back of her body as Ara snuggled deeper into his chest – hiding her face there. She instantly was crying right now. She had been missing him like hell and she never expect to see him again. But now, there he was – right inside her own embrace. She felt Lay was kissing her everywhere on her hair as Ara gripped tighter on his shirt.

“Lay...where have you gone??? I miss you...I miss you so much...” she chocked out between her tears. Lay pushed her body a bit to look her straight in her eyes. He wiped away her tears as he kissed Ara on both of her cheeks.

“I miss you too, Ara yah...sorry that I didn’t come back to home recently...I have to stay in the dorm...my manager grounded me...” he informed her while Ara cupped his face to take a better look at him.

“Are you okay then??? What did they say about it??? Will they punish you or something??? Lay...why did you do that to him??? Why did you hit him, Lay??? You know who is he right??? He is a prince, Zhang Yixing!!! A prince that capable to do anything to you including to put you in danger!” Ara took the chance to scold him but Lay shook his head. He pulled her body closer and firmer to him.

“I don’t really care about who is Cho Kyuhyun! Despite being a prince, god or what so ever, he still doesn’t have any right to take you away from me! What are you??? A toy??? He thinks that he can easily snatch you away from me??? Hell no!!! I will definitely not let that to happen!” Lay growled back to her, letting out all of the anger that he had been holding back. Ara stared in silent to his serious face. She knew that he wasn’t joking about it and she did feels proud about it. But then...thing was too complicated for them now.

“And...what are you going to do to settle this???” she asked as Ara reached out her fingers to Lay gently on his cheek. Lay gulped down his throat – honestly, he had not yet decided on it. So he chose to change the subject by looking over her head into the house.

“Well at least, can I get inside???” he asked her out of a sudden, leaving her question in blank. Ara realized that they had been hugging on her doorway so she let go of him and stepped inside.

“Yeah...come on in...” she said as she pulled Lay by his wrist. He closed the door behind them and followed Ara to the living room.

“What are you doing just now???” he landed his on the couch, looking around the area as Ara chuckled to him.

“Nothing...I’m just packing some stuff inside my room...and then I stop when...”her voice slowed down.

Lay raised an eyebrow to her, “...when???”

“Em...when I saw our wedding attires...I miss to wear my wedding dress...” she told him before Ara smiled sheepishly to him. Lay blinked to her but then a sudden idea popped out from his head. He started to show his dimpled, naughty smile to her. Ara furrowed.

“What???”

“Let’s wear it again then!” he suggested and jumped back on his feet. Ara took a step backward from him.

“Eh??? Like now???” she rolled her eyes weirdly to him but Lay gave her a nod confidently. He patted Ara on her head and walked over to her room.

“We don’t even take any wedding picture when we were having our wedding, right??? So let’s take it now...” Ara pouted on his back once she heard his idea. But slowly, she curved up a broad smile when she agreed to his suggestion. Creating a little memory with him won’t hurt anybody, right??? She thought and ran to chase after him. They burst out into the room and took their time in preparing themselves with the clothes.

Ara was once again wearing her elegant wedding dress while Lay put on his formal suit. The only difference was, this time they looked even simpler. Ara had her face natural without makeup while Lay looked casually in the coat. They walked out hand in hand from the room while giggling to each other.

“Yah! Stand properly will you???” Lay slightly raised up his voice to Ara when he tried to set up the camera by the sliding door towards the balcony. They wanted to take their picture there but Ara made it harder for him to arrange because she moved constantly. Ara laughed playfully to him.

“Hahaha! Serve you right!!!” she . Lay narrowed his eyes when he looked at her through the camera lens but then he left the camera to walk towards her.

“Ara yah...” he called out gently and reached for her hands to stop her from moving. Ara paused on her feet as she turned looking at him. “Hmmm???”

“I’ve decided on it...” Lay said as he stared deeply into her eyes. Ara bit her lips, she didn’t feel right about the matter that he was about to tell her. But instead of going against it, she nodded.

“You have decided on what???” she questioned him back. Lay slowly curved up a smile as he entwined their hands firmly together.

“I’ll leave the company...after working on our latest concert, I’ll ask the company to announce my leave...I want to stay with you, Ara yah...if that is the best thing to do, then I’ll do it...” he finally told her. After seeing her again, Lay finally made up his mind. He knew that he can’t live without her – every minute and every second. He just needed her by his side, that was the most important thing to him right now – even if he has to lose his career.

Ara slowly shook her head. She didn’t want this to happen to him. She didn’t want him to lose everything that he had just because of her. Lay had been working hard to gain the place that he finally owned now. She can’t simply watch him destroyed it!

“But Lay...” she spoke again before Lay immediately silent her. He pasted his lips on hers and kissed Ara full on . Ara felt like pushing him away and stops him from taking that decision but she can’t resist his kisses either. She responded quickly to his kisses while her head silently thought about her plan with Kyuhyun. She knew that she can still protect him even in the way that he never thought she would.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Kris dragged his eyes lazily towards the nearby mirror. It hung long and huge inside the room. As he peered closer into it, he saw his own reflection – he was wrapped neatly inside a pair of black strip tuxedo. The pattern only caused him to appear even more taller than he used to be. There was also a bowtie colored in navy blue tied around his neck. As the groom for the day, he looked stunningly smart inside the clothes but unfortunately, the perfect pieces were somehow missing. His smile, he didn’t have it on his face like any other grooms should be having on their own wedding day. Well, as for him, the excitement had long lost. It wasn’t his first marriage after all.

Kris sighed weakly under his breath before he stood up from the chair. He paced back and forth inside the room before he finally stopped a few steps away from the nearby windowpane. He bit his lips, hesitated to look outside. Kris slowly raised up his head from looking on his feet to the window. Keeping his hands inside his pockets, he gathered the slightest strength he had within him. One, two, three...Kris counted the steps he took to finally reached the window. When he tilted his head, tugging the curtain a bit to peek outside, he saw the whole crowd was gathering together around the front ground of the church. He swept his eyes in circle on them until he finally stopped on a group of people.

“Eunhyuk ah...my dear Eunhyuk...” Sooyoung cuddled her little son closely to her chest. As she leaned down her face to paste it on Eunhyuk’s small head, drop by drop of her tears wetting his skin. Eunhyuk stirred uncomfortably and he cried out loud too.

“Shhh...shhh...don’t cry, honey...I’m sorry...” Sooyoung hastily patted him, trying to calm him down but he refused to silent. His crying voice growing louder until it started to attract the attention from the guests around them. Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu who stood watching behind her slowly approached Sooyoung before Mrs. Wu tapped her on shoulder.

“Sooyoung ah...why don’t you give him to So Eun??? It will be weird if the guests seeing you carry the baby...” she commented but Sooyoung shook her head. She tightened her grip around Eunhyuk.

“This is the last time I could hold him inside my own arms...please, just leave me alone...” she refused and kissed Eunhyuk on both of his little cheeks. Mrs. Wu sighed but she understood her misery. The connection between a mother and her son was the most difficult to keep apart. It was somehow strongly connected by natural. Then Mrs. Wu tore away her eyes from Sooyoung to drop it on So Eun instead. So Eun stood just next to Si Hoo while Clara was standing in front of them. Both the girls were also having tears on their gloomy faces.

“Unnie, please don’t forget about me okay??? I’ll be missing you...” Clara reminded her before she went to give So Eun a tight hug. So Eun sniffed and returned her hug back.

“No worries, Clara ah...I’ll always be remembering all of the Wu family...take care of yourself...” So Eun assured her back as she Clara on her silky long hair. Clara let go of her and she nodded. Then she tilted her head towards Si Hoo as she smiled up to him between her tears.

“Remember to take a good care of my So Eunnie...and look after Eunhyuk too...you need to promise me to always protect them...” Clara gave her advice to him while Si Hoo smiled warmly to her.

“Of course...I’ll never disappoint everyone...I’ll try my best...” Si Hoo replied her and made a thumb up to Clara. The three of them laughed together before So Eun pulled Clara by her hand and they walked together approaching Sooyoung and the Wu couple.

Once So Eun stopped walking before Mr. Wu and his wife, she bowed down to them while Si Hoo followed her action.

“Thank you for everything, So Eun ah...please be happy with your new life after this...” Mrs. Wu reminded her after So Eun stood straight again. She curved up a thin smile but So Eun nodded firmly.

“I surely will...thank you to both of you too...I’ll be missing everyone here, appa...omma...” So Eun replied. Mr. Wu smiled in agreement to her while Mrs. Wu walked forward to pull So Eun inside her embrace. They hugged each other for a while until Mrs. Wu finally let her go. So Eun turned to look at Sooyoung who was still cuddling Eunhyuk with her.

 Inside her long wedding dress, she looked extremely angelic. So Eun pouted when she had to admit it that Sooyoung was indeed, one of the prettiest brides she ever met. So Eun took a few steps to her before she touched Sooyoung on her sleeve. Automatically, Sooyoung revealed her sad face to her.

“Aigoo, Sooyoung sshi...don’t cry on your wedding day...or else, everyone will feel bad and suspicious about it...” she and they broke out laughing awkwardly to each other.

“This is the first time I ever lost the one thing that I wanted...that’s why the pain is unbearable for me...” Sooyoung reasoned out, focusing her sight only on Eunhyuk. She smiled on his sleeping face while So Eun turned to stare at him too. Both of the women loved him equally now – the real and adopted mothers.

“Have no fear, Sooyoung sshi...I’ll raise Eunhyuk like my own child...feel free to contact him anytime that you want...I won’t stop you to...besides, I don’t even have the right to do so...” So Eun explained but Sooyoung chuckled to her.

“But I guess this baby will love you more than me...because he will be growing up under your care...not me...” she said and another tear escaped from the corner of her eye. So Eun looked at her sympathetically before she shook her head.

“Please, Sooyoung sshi...don’t cry...you need to be strong...I need you to be strong because...besides marrying Kris for the business, I still need you to take care of him...please make him to stay happy...” So Eun requested as slowly her eyes traveled up to the church. Spontaneously, her eyes caught sight of Kris. He was so tall and bright that it wasn’t hard to notice him standing by the window and looked down to her. From where she stood, they stared intensely on each other. Finally, Sooyoung wiped her tears and she nodded.

“Yeah...I’ll try my best...” So Eun gulped down the bitterness. She forced herself to look away from Kris and dropped her eyes back to Sooyoung. They smiled to each other before Sooyoung slowly slipped Eunhyuk back inside So Eun’s hands. They bowed to each other.

“Have a happy marriage!”

“Have a happy life!” they wished together and So Eun took her steps in reverse. Si Hoo had already parked the taxi waiting to bring them to the airport exactly behind her. Once So Eun reached the car, they both gave another bow to the whole family of Wu – only Kris wasn’t there to send So Eun away. Inside the room, he had already slipped his body down to the floor. He can’t watch it anymore. He didn’t even have any heart to send her away.

“Mr. Wu...please get ready...your wedding will start in another five minutes...” Kris closed his eyes, feeling despair all over in him when he heard the assistant reminded him from outside of the waiting room. So Eun will be going to Canada today while he was about to walk down the aisle and declare himself as Sooyoung’s husband. Was there really nothing that he could do to stop this???

Kris thought dully but of course, no answer came to him. He even refused to know whether So Eun had already gets into the taxi or not – he didn’t want to see her leaving.

Clara, Sooyoung and Mrs. Wu gave both Si Hoo and So Eun another last wave. They had already got inside the taxi with Si Hoo sitting next to the driver and So Eun stayed behind with Eunhyuk on her lap. They returned their waves before the car slowly drove to leave the church area. So Eun swallowed hard. She felt it was getting harder to breathe as the taxi moved faster and farther from the building. She took another last look back on the church. She wished she could see Kris for the last time but...she can’t.

“Hmmm...” So Eun sighed and she relaxed her body against the seat. Her hands started to pat Eunhyuk on her lap while her mind drifted back to Kris. She had only left for less than one kilometer but her heart was already missing him. The same thought went to Kris. He sat on the floor, leaning his weak body on the wall down the window as he spaced out around the room. He felt so lonely now. His heart was empty too. He could guess that So Eun had already left him for real but he still refused to check. There was always a thing that he had been keeping inside his heart but he never told her. But finally, Kris decided to tell So Eun right now.

He pulled out his phone from inside his pocket and dialed on her number. So Eun flinched a bit when her phone suddenly rang inside the car. Si Hoo peered up to her through the rear mirror while So Eun frowned on the screen of her phone. She caught in weird when So Eun saw the call came from Kris. But she cleared and slowly picked up the call.

“Yes??? So Eun’s speaking...” she awkwardly sounded formal until Kris chuckled over the line.

“So Eun ah...have you start your journey to airport???” So Eun frowned when he asked her a little too late now. But she nodded as thought he could see her.

“Yeah...I’m on my way now...why??? Did you prepare properly for the wedding???” she questioned him back and Kris pouted. He tried to smile alone to prevent himself from shedding tears again.

“Just another 5 minutes, So Eun ah...another 5 minutes and I’ll be someone else’s husband...” Kris told her but he sounded more like he was reminding his own self. So Eun fell silent over the line. She failed on her words too. Second by second passed them in silence before So Eun finally opened again.

“Congratulations then...” was her only cold replied to him. It was supposed to be a happy wish but strangely, Kris felt his heart was sliced apart to hear it out from her – from So Eun. Kris nodded his head.

“So Eun ah...do you remember our first night???” So Eun furrowed when Kris asked her shamelessly about it. She gulped down and pouted.

“Please...don’t start about it...no one ever talk about their first night...” she replied and they broke into short laughter.

“No...I’m wondering...if you still remember about the secret that I haven’t told you yet...” then only it clicked her. She remembered their conversation that night when Kris told her that he wanted a lot of daughters that may look exactly like her. Then he was supposed to tell her a secret but he kept hiding it until today.

“Yeah...I remember it...but you told me that it is a secret...it would no longer be a secret if you tell me, right???”

“That’s true...but right now, I guess I finally want to tell you...” Kris told her and So Eun frowned in weird. They stayed silent again until So Eun lastly let out a sigh. “Okay then...spit it out...”

Kris gulped down his throat. For almost a year of their marriage, right until they had already ended this, he finally found a gut to tell her the truth – the truth about his feeling. Kris closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“Promise me that you’ll listen closely to this one...” he gave her a final reminder. So Eun bit her lips, feeling even more strange now.

“I will...just tell me about it...what is the secret then???” So Eun pressed impatiently to him. Kris slowly raised up his eyelids, opening his eyes and he pictured So Eun’s prettiest face inside his sight. As thought that she was in front of him, Kris whispered romantically to the phone.

“I love you, Kim So Eun...I love you with all of my heart...because to me, you’re the brightest person in my world...” spontaneously, So Eun felt a tear dropped down to her cheek. She sat perfectly still now and she became totally speechless upon hearing it. It was the first time, the first time in their marriage that Kris had ever said he loved her. So Eun cried in happiness but when he finally said it to her, the words came a little too late.

So Eun was already in a taxi, embarking her journey to Canada while for Kris, he was about to walk down the aisle now. It seemed that, they were both too late to stay loving each other.

To be continued...

"I was supposed to be his wedding planner, not his bride!"