Chapter 29 - "Our Fate is An Inconvenient Truth..."

The Wedding Planners

 

THE WEDDING PLANNERS

(A/N): Sorry if this story is getting more and more depress now...I know that I let everyone down but please, be patient on this story and stay tuned till the end...I want you guys to feel more about this story so here are two theme songs for it: (please take your time to listen while you're reading) ^^

1) Inconvenient Truth by BEG -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQVCsdRpVbE

2) Love Song Requiem by Trading Yesterday - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UVeQ2049OQ

The song sang by the girls represents the girls' feeling for their husbands while the song sang by the boy represents their husbands' feeling for them.

Enjoy reading!!!

“Go Ara sshi...” Kyuhyun called out towards Ara as he entered the pantry room. Ara was standing next to the cabinet, sipping on her hot tea but as she spun around and saw Kyuhyun there, she glared to him.

“Correction...I’m Zhang Ara...not Go anymore...” she told him with low but firm voice. Kyuhyun stood next to her and he shook his head.

“Well, I hate to admit this...but it seems to the whole nation now, no one knows the existence of Zhang Ara except, Tiffany Zhang...” he commented sarcastically and it made Ara to furrow her eyebrows at him. “Pardon???”

As her face pasted with confusion, couldn’t really digest the matter told by Kyuhyun just now – Kyuhyun sighed wickedly to her. He cornered around the room before he ended up switching on the nearby television, situated at the left corner of the room – exactly across from Ara now. As Ara watched him in silence, Kyuhyun browsed through the channels until he stopped on KBSW.

“You clearly have no idea on this, don’t you??? Or you already knew it but you try so hard to ignore???” Ara read his face for a while before her eyes darted down on the screen. There, she gasped upon seeing the recording of her own husband, happily laughing and joking with Tiffany Hwang inside the most popular reality show, We Got Married! Ara shook her head slowly as her face fell into disappointment. She never has a single idea about this! Lay had stopped contacting her long before and she didn’t expect him to show himself again but inside this pathetic-good-for-nothing show!

Ara gulped down as she balled up her fists, she turned her body around to face the cabinet instead – she refused to look at their lovey, dovey act anymore! Kyuhyun curved up his smug smile upon seeing her reaction and he switched off the TV. He walked back again toward Ara.

“See??? I told you that you won’t have any good result or future with Lay...stop hurting yourself, Ara sshi...it hurts me too when I watch you’ve already enduring too much...” she heard Kyuhyun told her but Ara shook her head.

“I don’t need your sympathy...” she whispered to him, swallowing hard and she glanced around to him. She fixed her stern eyes straight on Kyuhyun’s face. “Speaking of the devil, I need to confirm something with you...why did you send that message to him???”

Kyuhyun instantly avoided her eyes when Ara mentioned about the accidentally meeting with Lay when they were supposed to have dinner together. Lay suddenly appeared there and he even showed her the message sent exactly from her phone! The question was, she had never made any effort to text him anything! She didn’t even know that Lay wished to see her that night! That was why Ara slowly concluded the matter and she saw no one else to put the blame on except this bastard!

“Why do you keep yourself silent?! Answer me!!!” Ara pressed again, turning her body fully to face Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun took a deep, closing his eyes for a second and he opened it back to look at Ara.

“I’m not a coward to hide away my own crime, Ara sshi...yes, it’s true...I’m the one that sent the message to him using your phone –“

“But why did you do that???!!!” Ara snapped on top of her lungs even before he managed to finish his words. Kyuhyun stood motionless, staring on her face back as her skin glowed reddish upon controlling her own temper. She felt that she could punch this bratty prince straight on his face now! She didn’t even care about courtesy anymore when she shouted to him just now. Well, she never gives a damn about it – she just wanted to yell!

“...because I love you, Go Ara...all that I told my mother the other day was true...up until right now, I’m still loving you with all of my heart...” Ara bit her lips in anger when she heard his ridiculous confession. For anyone else, being proposed by a prince was heaven but to her, it was a down right hell! Couldn’t stand the annoyance to look at his face, Ara shook her head and she changed her back on him.

“That’s rubbish! You know that kind of thing won’t happen to us...I’m married and I...”

“You love your husband, I know...” Kyuhyun continued for her, making Ara to shut at once. She folded her arms stubbornly across her chest as she heard Kyuhyun took a few steps closer to her.

“...but then, tell me something...are you really sure that he loves you too??? After all the time that he left you behind, all alone and sad...he never makes any effort to contact you or even far from finding you here...tell me, Ara sshi...is that really love???” tear by tear dropped to her cheeks when she listened it. It was the saddest fact to be heard but it was also the clearest reality for her. Yes, everything that Kyuhyun just told her was the entire doubts that she kept inside her heart. She hated to admit but she hated herself more when she always refused to believe that the fact was true.

Lay had been ignoring her, he enjoyed his life and career now so did he still love her??? Didn’t he even remember her??? Ara let out a tired sigh when suddenly a pair of hands slipped under her arms and wrapped her around her waist. Ara tried to turn around.

“Yah, Kyuhyun sshi!” she slapped Kyuhyun on his hands a few times but he still refused to let her body off from his embrace. Ara continued to weep in silent as Kyuhyun gently kissing her hair from behind, inhaling and enjoying her sweet scent. Ara felt so disgusted at his attitude but she was too weak to push him away. Even before she made any move to release her body, she heard Kyuhyun whispered into her ear.

“Ara sshi...let’s run away with me...please divorce with him and marry me instead...I’ll promise to give you all the happiness that you deserve...let’s go to London with me, shall we???”

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Yoo Bi stopped walking in front one of the hotel rooms when she spotted the number – 224 – it was supposed to be here, the place where Luhan was staying in Qingdao. She stood straight again and kept her phone inside her bag. Luhan sent the address of this hotel earlier, just in case if she wanted to come and visit him. They promised to meet together and Luhan was supposed to pick her up at her hotel according to their plan but strangely, he didn’t. He never shows up there after three hours straight Yoo Bi was waiting for him. Lastly, she decided to come here by herself, searching for Luhan.

Yoo Bi knocked on the door twice. Then she waited for Luhan to come open it but she frowned when she didn’t even hear his footsteps. Yoo Bi cleared but she started to frown in worry. Did anything happen to him??? She thought anxiously again before she knocked on the door again.

“Click!” this time someone unlocked the door for her. Yoo Bi sighed in relief and she immediately pulled open the door without waiting for Luhan to welcome her.

“Oppa!” she jumped inside in excitement, expecting to see Luhan’s smiling face but she didn’t get to. Yoo Bi ended up frowning alone when she saw the doorway was empty.

“Oppa???” Yoo Bi closed the door back, taking off her shoes and started to walk entering the living room. Then she paused on her feet when she saw Luhan was walking from behind. She watched him, feeling strange when he took his pace very slow until Luhan ended up dropping his weak body on the couch.

“Oppa!!!” Yoo Bi shouted in shock toward him and she ran over. She kneeled down on the floor next to the couch as she supported Luhan inside her arms. She forced Luhan to sit properly before she cupped his face in her palms and studied his sleepy face in worried.

“Luhan oppa...what is going on with you???” she asked softly, her fingers on his cheeks but Luhan slowly lifted up his eyelids. He cracked a sarcastic smile upon seeing her right in front of him.

“Oh you’re here, Yoo Bi ah...” he chuckled playfully to her and Yoo Bi realized something wasn’t right here. She glanced around her shoulder and she spotted almost five cans of beer there placed forgotten on the coffee table. Yoo Bi gasped before she looked back to Luhan.

“Oppa, are you drunk??? Why did you finish up all the beers???” she moved her hands to squeeze harder on his shoulders but Luhan snorted and he pushed her away.

“Let me go...” he said lazily as he covered his face with his own palms. Yoo Bi sat still on the floor, watching him in disbelief as she racked her brain so hard to think about the root until her oppa turned into a drunken man like this. Luhan wasn’t the type of person that will act all reckless like now. There must be any problem that had happened to him. Yoo Bi bit her lips, deep in thinking before she shifted her eyes back on Luhan.

He was moving forward now, reaching to the coffee table for another tin of beer but Yoo Bi hastily grabbed his hand, stopping him. She shook her head.

“No, oppa...don’t...that’s enough...you’re badly drunk now...” she prevented him but Luhan smirked and threw her hand away again.

“Why are you stopping me??? Do I ever stop you from flirting around with him??? No, right??? Then let me do anything that I want!” Yoo Bi felt her jaw dropped open when Luhan accused her. He rolled his eyes upon her surprise look before he resumed gulping down the beer. Yoo Bi didn’t stop him anymore as she thought over for his words just now. Him??? Did he just mention about Min Hyuk???

Yoo Bi blinked her eyes again before she gasped. She looked so puzzled when she realized that Luhan might already saw Min Hyuk was hugging her this evening in front of their hotel. No wonder that he didn’t come to pick her even after Yoo Bi stayed waiting for him there. Yoo Bi bit her lips, guilty slowly sneaking into her heart as she shook her head and looked back to Luhan.

“Oppa...it’s not like what you saw...I swear! There was nothing happened between us...Min Hyuk sshi was just...just...aish!!! He was just acting idiot! I’m so sorry, oppa...but I swear! It’s not like what you thought about us...” Yoo Bi explained furiously to him while Luhan shifted his sharp stare on her. He kept quiet and just staring on her through his bloodshot eyes, which was making Yoo Bi to feel afraid and she looked away. Luhan clicked his tongue, putting down the beer can back onto the table.

“Yoo Bi ah...if we’re in a court right now, you’ll be send straight into the jail after you said sorry...why??? Because sorry is a sign of guilty...it’s not some proper action among people but in court, it’s a sign that you’re indeed...the one at fault...” Luhan was giving a hint to her that accusing Yoo Bi, she was the one to be blamed inside this matter. Yoo Bi breathed out in disbelief. She was so upset that Luhan once again doubted her feeling for him. He must thought that Yoo Bi got any special relationship with Min Hyuk.

Stopping herself from crying, she refused to stay here. Yoo Bi balled up her hands into fists and she pushed her body to stand up. Luhan gazed up to her but she swallowed hard and biting her lips in anger.

“I know that you won’t stop blaming me...from the very start, you keep on being a kid! Wasting your time by being jealous to my own professor! For God’s sake, oppa! He is my lecturer!!! I have nothing to do with him except being his student!!!” Yoo Bi growled loudly to him before she spun her body around. She slung her bag again on her shoulder as Luhan narrowed his eyes on her back.

“Where are you going???” he asked her through his rough, deep voice but Yoo Bi continued to walk stubbornly.

“Where do you think I’m going??? Of course I’m going back to my hotel!!! There’s no use to stay with a useless drunk man like you!!!” Yoo Bi managed to shout again, glaring toward Luhan over her shoulder before she looked ahead and walking straight to the exit door.

But as her hand was about to reach for the knob, she heard Luhan was running from the living room until he stopped behind her. Yoo Bi hissed impatiently and she chose to ignore him. Her hand resumed opening the door but Luhan was faster to push the door from above her and slammed it to close again. Yoo Bi groaned in frustration, ruffling her hair.

“Seriously, oppa!!! Stop acting crazy!!! What do you want???!!!” she yelled on top of her lungs and Luhan grabbed her arm, spinning her body around to face him. Yoo Bi let out a yelp when Luhan pasted her body strongly onto the door, forcing and trapping her to stand there. She looked up to his face as Luhan focused on her face with his stony expression. Yoo Bi tried to push his chest away but he didn’t budge. Instead, he glued his palms to the door and trapped Yoo Bi between his body and the door. Yoo Bi narrowed her eyes to him when he brought his face closer to hers.

Their faces were just an inch away from each other until she could hear the rise and fall of his breathing. Yoo Bi blinked her eyes to him, feeling even more distracted when Luhan stayed silent. He just was staring intensely on each inch of her face.

“Oppa...” Yoo Bi slowly called out to calm him. She raised her hands to touch his chest but then Luhan whispered to her.

“You asked me what I want??? Here is the answer...I want you!” he didn’t wait for Yoo Bi to speak again when he forcefully kissed Yoo Bi on her lips. She gasped between their kisses, shock by his sudden attack but Luhan stopped her from moving when he caught her wrists and pasted them on the wall behind her. He continued to kiss her hungrily until Yoo Bi herself was totally drowned into it. She instantly forgot her anger towards him and just went on enjoying his mouth.

They broke apart to catch for their breath but before Yoo Bi managed to stable the rapid beating of her heart, Luhan had already scooped up her body inside his arms.

“Ah!” she covered from yelling but she allowed him when Luhan carried her small body inside his arms and brought her to enter the room. As Luhan placed down her body on the bed and crawled on top of her, Yoo Bi felt her whole brain had stopped functioning now. Just what the hell was happening now?! She thought they were fighting...but now???!!!

Yoo Bi gasped again because by the time she regained her consciousness, she already saw Luhan was pulling his shirt over his head and he tossed it down to the floor. Staring directly on his topless body was forcing her whole blood to rush up towards her cheeks. She saw Luhan curved up a thin smile when he caught her shy face and Yoo Bi looked away.

“Hey look at me, honey...” Luhan tilted her chin to turn looking at him again and Yoo Bi decided to gaze only on his face not to anywhere else including his body! Yoo Bi closed her eyes tight when Luhan gently kissed her on top of her forehead before he trailed down his lips to all over her face and lower to her neck. She didn’t know where to put her hands so Yoo Bi ended up gripping hard on the bed sheet as Luhan worked on her.

She didn’t understand what was happening to them but as she surrendered herself, she was glad that she spent her most wonderful night with her one and only husband, Luhan.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

So Eun arranged her small paces as she traveled along the street. Finally, she saw a junction that led to the nearby basketball court. She peered down again on the screen of her cellphone.

“It’s supposed to be here...” she mumbled under her breath, frowning as she resumed walking. When she took her steps further, she finally saw that basketball court mentioned by Kris inside his message. He ordered her to come and see him tonight exactly at this court. But why must they meet here??? Basketball court??? So Eun thought dully, keeping her phone inside her bag when she heard running footsteps inside the court.

So Eun stood straight on her legs. She watched from the distance as Kris was bouncing and throwing the ball alone. He was running in a few rounds before he cornered and stopped to position his aim toward the goal. He jumped high on his feet and finally shot the ball exactly inside the basket. Kris landed on his feet again, wiping his sweat before he glanced around. He paused, smiling to So Eun when he spotted her presence there.

“Yo, Kim So Eun!!!” Kris waved his hands high to her. “Come here!!!”

So Eun chuckled as Kris resumed chasing after his ball. As he ran away, So Eun made her way to enter the court. She stopped halfway when she noticed something different from him. When he called her just now, he was no longer addressing her as ‘Wu So Eun’. Instead, he was using her original surname, Kim So Eun. So Eun gulped down before she suddenly widened her eyes when something was flying over to her.

“Catch it!” she heard Kris was yelling to her and So Eun hastily opened wide her arms to catch the ball threw by Kris towards her. She sighed in relief when the ball landed safely inside her hands. So Eun glared up to Kris, now grinning teasingly to her.

“Yah!!! What are you doing asking me to come here???” she snapped at him and Kris smirked. He pointed his chin arrogantly toward the basket’s pole.

“Wanna have a match???” he offered with thrilling smile while So Eun rolled her eyes. She jerked up her eyebrow and gave him a firm nod. So Eun hugged the ball by her left hand as she threw down her handbag to the side of the court. Then she walked towards the center of it and stood straight to face the tall basket. She held the ball inside both of her hands and aimed towards the basket. Her eyes darted back to Kris. He was now leaning his body against the gate, folding his arms across his chest and chose to watch her shooting the ball.

“What are you waiting for??? Are you scared to lose???” Kris asked her went she stayed still and didn’t move to throw the ball. So Eun snorted and looked ahead again.

“Don’t underestimate me, Kris Wu!” she commented and jumped on her own feet to throw the ball. Kris followed the movement of the ball once it flew in the air and ended up landing inside the basket.

“Yesza!!!” So Eun skipped on her feet, clapping her hands as she stuck out her tongue at Kris. “I win!!!”

She blew flying kisses towards him but Kris shook his head to her. “Not yet...”

He said and started running to catch the ball again. So Eun widened her eyes as she struggled to keep up with his movement in order to steal back the ball. They wrestled each other, not really following the rules of the game. Sometimes, Kris did the shoot and sometimes So Eun did it for herself. They never count the mark but simply enjoying the time they spent and laughing together.

Finally exhausted, So Eun and Kris stopped panting and Kris pulled So Eun to sit on the court. As Kris lying down his body, staring up to the night sky, So Eun busied her hands to wipe dry her sweat. Kris smirked to her when he saw her did that.

“What a lame...we play basketball to feel the sweat, you know...you should let it evaporate and dry by itself...” Kris told her but she shrugged.

“Yucks!” So Eun made that sound, rolling her eyes and they both broke out laughing together again. Then they stopped, freely letting the night cold breeze to sweep around them. So Eun hugged her legs closer to her chest and she stared up on the starry skies too. Kris watched her sideway face from behind and he enjoyed the beautiful scenery of her. She was like his own brand of Mona Lisa, magnificently pretty – even though she looked tired.

“Since when do you like playing basketball???” Kris was snapped out from his train of thoughts when So Eun opened to talk again. Kris pillowed his head with his hands and answered.

“Since I was a child...” So Eun nodded and she tilted her head to a side, looking down at him. “And why do you want to play it now??? Out of nowhere???”

“Hmmm...no idea...but since I was in college, I played for the basketball team...winning many champions...”

“And growing into a giraffe...”

So Eun continued as he talked and Kris shot her a glare to ask her shutting . They stopped staring to each other before they burst out laughing again – two lunatics hysterically booming the peaceful area with their laughter. Kris nodded his head in agreement when they had done laughing.

“Yeah...you can say that...but I enjoyed the most when I was running in the court...seeing the disappointed faces of the losing team...it was wonderful...it wasn’t that I want to mock anyone or what but...whenever I played basketball, all my pressure and stress was released away...I’m in peace...” So Eun curved up a knowing smile when Kris finished explaining to her. They were indeed in a big and heavy problem now, hectic! That was what tempting Kris to go playing this out of sudden.

“To me, when I’m doing something that I love...that’s the only way I can heal my heart and convey myself to stay strong...” So Eun stayed silent as Kris added again.

She flinched when she felt Kris’s warm hand was trailing on her palm and he ended up entwined their hands together. So Eun stole a quick glimpse on it before she realized that Kris had already sat up straight to lean his head on her shoulder. He closed his eyes, squeezing their hands tighter as he enjoyed the moment where he can rely on her small shoulder. So Eun let him too, sighing and she resumed staring up to the skies.

“So Eun ah...” Kris called out slowly to her.

“Hmmm???” she tilted her head to check on his face but Kris was still closing his eyes and listening to the blowing wind around them.

“Are you feeling tired???” he slipped the strange question to her, making So Eun to fail on her own words. She could only swallow hard down as she left his question blank. Kris finally raised up his head from her shoulder when she didn’t answer him. They looked to each other now.

“You didn’t answer yet...are you feeling tired or not???” he pressed to her once again and So Eun felt her eyes gone warmer with tears, again. But she bit her lips forcefully and gave him a nod.

“Yes...I am, so much tired...tired of everything...tired of life...tired of the destiny and...tired of my heart...it’s painful when I can’t stop...loving you...” she told him truthfully and Kris let go of a weak sigh. He stared deep inside her eyes, long enough – maybe two, three minutes or more – unknown time. Finally, So Eun felt he slowly slipped his hand off from her palm. So Eun watched him, trying hard to hold back her tears as Kris pulled something out of the pocket of his sweatpants. He opened his palm to her and So Eun instantly recognized that paper.

Kris gulped down his throat and he reached out for her hands. He spread opened her palms and placed the paper inside it. Then he closed her hands and squeezed it harder. So Eun gazed up to his face, watching Kris as he curved up his most dashing, handsome and irresistible smile to her. Kris slowly leaned forward and he planted a firm kiss on So Eun’s forehead. So Eun shut her eyes, savoring his soft lips on her skin before he pulled away. So Eun opened her eyes again and Kris had already stood up.

Keeping his hands inside his pockets, he changed his sight off from her and started to take his steps, walking away and leaving her alone at the court. So Eun didn’t look back or stop him either. She opened up her palms and stared on that paper. Slowly, using the slightest strength that she had within her, she flipped inside the paper to see the content.

-Divorce Certificate-

At the bottom line of the paper, So Eun darted her eyes down there and she saw it on the signature line, Kris already scratched his sign there – he already agreed on their divorce.

To be continued...

"I was supposed to be his wedding planner, not his bride!"