Chapter 28 - "Give me a break!"

The Wedding Planners

 

THE WEDDING PLANNERS

(A/N): Just a short update for the mean time...I'll update chapter 29 right after this...thanks!!!

“No, please! No eyeliner...” Lay refused to wear it as his hand pushing away the eyeliner held by his makeup artist. She sighed and dropped her hand.

“Hmmm...” she studied his face, narrowing her eyes on every inch of his face until she nodded in semi-satisfaction. “Okay...that’s enough for your makeup...you’ve look, dashing enough for today’s activity...”

“Thanks...” Lay replied under his breath and pulled out his phone from inside his pocket. He browsed into the page of his personal notes and stared on the latest notification there. 25th July, next week. Lay sighed on the date and flipped close his phone.

“Mr. Handsome, Lay! Are you ready for filming???” Lay turned around on his chair when he heard his manager was shouting in excitement. The man just walked entering the preparation room, spreading his arms wide to both side of his body with broad smile pasted on his face. Lay smiled back to him but he stood up.

“I’m...kinda ready now but...I need you to do something for me while I’m going to film the program...” he requested and the manager frowned.

“What??? Come on, Zhang Yixing! This is your first episode in We Got Married...you’ll be seeing you bride for the first time, everyone is so excited...the crews are all feeling thrill about it...you just can’t kick me out from being there!” the man replied him but Lay snorted, nodding lazily.

“Yeah, I know...but there’s something important that I need to do for my...em, family...you know how busy I am right now...I barely have time for anyone else so...I just hope you could do this favor...for me???” Lay pleaded again, curving up his sweetest smile to him and his manager knew that he just can’t resist or ignore this cutie pie dimpled guy! He rolled his eyes.

“Urgh! Fine, what do you need from me then???” he agreed and Lay giggled to him. “Wait up!”

Lay half running towards his bag and he grabbed it up to zip it open. His hand searching inside it until he pulled out a faded grey colored box. His manager narrowed his eyes on that thing as Lay walked back to him.

“This...please post this box to a place...” Lay requested and his manager shrugged. “Well...what is this???”

“Em...just a gift...for my family...yeah, and here is the address of that place...” Lay pushed the box on his manager’s chest and the man hastily caught inside his hand to prevent it from falling down to the floor. Then he watched as Lay pulled out his phone and jotted down an address on a piece of sticky note.

“There you go! Please help me...thank you so much!” Lay finished scratching down the detail and he glued the note exactly on the man’s chest. He blinked to Lay before his eyes darted down on the note.

“Em...” he was about to say something but a worker poked his head into the room.

“Mr. Zhang! We’re ready!” he announced and Lay waved to him from over his manager’s head. “Right! I’m coming!”

Lay forced a hopeful smile towards his manager before he patted the man on his shoulder and ran out of the room, wanting to begin filming his first episode in We Got Married. His manager finally regained his attention on the matter and he spun around, shouting toward Lay.

“Just do your best!!!”

“I will!!!” he shook his head when he heard Lay was screaming back to him, though his voice had already grew farther and slower. Then he pulled the sticky note off from his chest and stared on it.

“He wants me to post this thing??? To whom???” the manager guessed and he read the address just now. “Enchanted Wedding Company???”

The manager grinned out of his amusement upon reading the place’s name but he shifted his eyes on the box instead. He didn’t really understand the relation that Lay have between this company and himself but he will just help him anyway. The manager thought and walked leaving the room.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

“Can you please explain to me??? What was all the rubbish that you talked with Sooyoung earlier???” Kris growled toward So Eun once he dragged her inside their room and slammed close the door loudly.

So Eun was still crying but she stopped and wiped away her tears stubbornly. She shrugged to him.

“You heard me...so there’s nothing to be explained anymore...” she answered lazily and Kris bit his lower lips, feeling so much treated like a soulless puppet by his wife. He walked over to her and grabbed So Eun by her arm. She yelled in pain.

“Stop it! You’re hurting me!” she tried to pull her hand away from him but Kris tightened his grip on her. He forced So Eun to look straight on his face.

“That’s my line! You’re the one that hurting me now! You’re planning everything without thinking about me! Thinking about yourself or let alone to think about us! Didn’t I tell you to never give up on us?!” Kris didn’t even aware that he was shouting to her until So Eun groaned and jerked her hand off from him.

“Let me go!!!” she yelled back and shot Kris a glare from the corner of her eyes. Staring deep into her eyes, Kris knew that she was lying to him and her heart was enduring the same pain that he felt but she tried to hide it by acting all tough and stubborn!

“Do you really want me to believe in that useless promise now???” So Eun asked him, her voice cracked between the tears that she held back. Kris furrowed with serious face.

“Useless???”

“Yes, useless! All those sweet words were just a talk, Kris! You can’t keep on living in that fantasy when we both know that we’re not meant to live happily like that! You thought I don’t think about us??? No!!! I did think about us! Besides, I’m thinking too much and feeling frustrated like hell when I realize there are too many people that will be hurt if we keep going on with this marriage!” So Eun blurted out in fast mode, spitting out everything that had been stuck inside her mind since the very beginning this problem started.

Kris himself lost for his words when he heard her. She was shaking all over her body because So Eun was controlling the anger and confusion inside her heart. She took a deep breath, shaking her head slowly and she dropped her body down to the floor. She continued to cry there, letting her tears to merrily roll down her cheeks and covered her eyes until she can’t no longer see Kris clearly. But then, she knew that she wasn’t meant to see him – not anymore. So she took it as a practice to train her heart for not craving too much for the sight of him.

Kris lastly let go of a weak sigh. He walked over to her and tried to bend down his body, reaching out his hands to touch her but So Eun shook her head. It stopped Kris from moving forward.

“Please, Kris...I beg you...let’s just stop our marriage...I heard it from your mom...two of your branches in China and Philippine had been sold to your shareholder...if we keep on delaying this cooperation with Choi Enterprise, I’m afraid that your company will totally lose it...everything...your family will lose their future too...how about Clara then??? She’s still young...she can’t face this problem...at least think about her...”

Kris punched his fists hard on his office table – causing all the documents and files on there to rock and tremble for a while. Those words told by So Eun kept on playing inside his mind like continuous music! She was right, everything that she reasoned out to him did make sense but...how could she be so selfish by thinking about the other’s but not their future??? Did she stop wanting him now??? Stop wanting their marriage???

Kris closed his eyes when too many questions came inside his mind but none of them got answer! As he leaned his head tiredly on the desk, hiding his face there – his desk phone was ringing. Kris hissed, feeling annoyed by it and he shouted. “Shut it! I don’t want to see anyone now!”

The line went silent for a minute, maybe his secretary was startled by him for suddenly yelling madly but then, Kris heard a man was clearing his throat.

“Kris??? I’m coming inside now...” Kris cursed under his breath when he caught sound of his father’s voice. He sat straight on his chair and darted his eyes lazily toward the door of his office. A couple of minutes after that, the old man showed up.

“Are you okay???” Mr. Wu asked with concern face but Kris simply chuckled to him – he looked like he already lost his mind now, a gorgeous mindless boy! Kris gave him a shrug.

“Don’t you have any other better questions to ask me??? Like...when will you release me from this hell???” Kris questioned in despair and he rolled his eyes. Mr. Wu smirked to his son before he walked over to land his on the couch across from Kris’s table.

“You’ll never get away from this hell if you never move to start finding the exit door...” the old man played along with him and Kris raised his eyebrow to him. “What do you mean???”

Mr. Wu stared long enough of his face. He knew that it was terrible to tear apart the happiness of his son but in order for everyone, he had to do this. Mr. Wu sighed and he leaned his body against the sofa, crossing his arms.

“So Eun came to see me yesterday...she was totally being understanding about our problem...” Mr. Wu told him but it strangely earned a bitter smile from Kris. “...or being stupid...”

He corrected Mr. Wu’s opinion about his wife. Mr. Wu furrowed to him before he shrugged.

“No matter...I came here today to see you because I want to inform you that...So Eun had already agreed on this...so she asked me to send this thing to you...” Mr. Wu continued and he held out his hand to set down a file on the coffee table in front of him. Kris frowned on the file, no matter whatever it was – he didn’t feel right about it. But he slowly stood up and walked over to the sofa set. He took his place right across from his father and his hand picked up the file.

“What is this???” Kris asked, his eyes never leave the file until he flipped it open and narrowed his eyes speechlessly on it. Mr. Wu swallowed hard down his throat – it was terrible to see Kris’s expression now. His son had turned completely as cheerless as the grave. But Mr. Wu ended up letting go of a long, heavy sigh before he stood up.

“I’ll give you a time to discuss with So Eun...once you give me your decision, we’ll proceed in announcing your marriage with Sooyoung to the media...” he reminded him and left Kris inside the office, helpless and heartbroken.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Yoo Bi ran out of the elevator towards the hotel’s lobby. She slung her sweater around her body on her way and quickly covered it outside her cloth. When she ran past the front counter, her friends spotted her there.

“Yah, Lee Yoo Bi!” one of them shouted at her and it paused Yoo Bi from running out of the hotel. She glanced around to them, now sitting at the couch – chitchatting and relaxing in front of the fountain – and Yoo Bi smiled.

“Sorry! I can’t join all of you tonight! You guys carry on without me...bye!” Yoo Bi told them, waving her hand and hastily resumed walking through the entrance.

“Eh??? Where does she thinks she’s going???” her friend commented but they shrugged among them. Their professor walked out from the nearby cafeteria and approached his students.

“Annyeong...is everyone here???” Min Hyuk asked, scanning his eyes over the group but someone raised up her hand. “Min Hyuk sshi, Yoo Bi just gone out from the hotel...”

She reported to him and Min Hyuk tilted his head over the entrance. “She did??? She’s going where???”

“Dunno...” one of the boys sang and they broke out laughing together. Min Hyuk frowned alone before he nodded and said, “All of you just wait here...I’m going out to check on her for a while...”

He announced and the students shouted ‘Yes, sir!’ to him. Min Hyuk picked up his paces, half running outside of the hotel until he stopped in front of it. His eyes wandered around the area nearby this hotel and he lastly caught sight of her. Yoo Bi was now standing by the bus stop, across from where he stood now. She looked like she was waiting for someone instead of waiting for the bus to come. Min Hyuk chuckled, keeping his hands inside his pocket and walked with confidence towards her.

When Yoo Bi spotted him from afar, she was a little bit mesmerized upon staring on him. Kang Min Hyuk was indeed, one good looking man – he was tall, well-built body and always has a refreshing aura around him. Everyone would easily feel comfortable around him because he simply know how to blend in. His eyes smile was the most attractive part of Kang Min Hyuk. Yoo Bi suddenly stopped thinking. She shook her head fiercely, erasing that thought away before Min Hyuk finally stopped in front of her. She looked up to him and he smiled, flashing his adorable eyes smile to her – again.

“Why are you shaking your head???” Yoo Bi cleared out of awkwardness when he asked her. She grinned and shook her head one more time, causing Min Hyuk to laugh shortly.

“No! Nothing...I’m just...err...thinking about something...” she answered with hesitation and Min Hyuk went to stand next to her. He glanced down on her pretty side face.

“You know, Yoo Bi sshi...you’ve done a mistake today...” he informed her and Yoo Bi immediately cracked her neck around to look at him. She moved so fast until it twisted her muscles there and a sound could be heard from her bones. Yoo Bi yelled it pain, rubbing her hand on the back of her neck.

“Ah...it hurts...” she complained as Min Hyuk laughed at her and he raised up his hand toward her. Yoo Bi blinked her eyes confusedly when Min Hyuk suddenly grabbed her hand and moved it down to release her neck. Instead, he was the one that placed his palm there and gently helped Yoo Bi to massage her neck. Yoo Bi curved up an uncertain smile for him.

“Min Hyuk sshi...it’s fine...I can do it for myself...” she tried to push his hand away but Min Hyuk grabbed Yoo Bi on her shoulder, making her to stop moving. They stared in silent to each other before Min Hyuk finally grinned.

“Relax, Yoo Bi sshi...don’t make me feel guilty whenever you act all clumsy like that...” he commented while Yoo Bi frowned. “Clumsy??? I am not!”

Yoo Bi snorted with disgusted face to him while Min Hyuk laughed even more. Yoo Bi can’t help but to smack him grudgingly on his shoulder and pouted to him. She looked away, tucking her hair behind her ears as the wind blew softly on them around her face – she was beautiful.

“So, explain to me...why are you feeling guilty??? And what is mistake that I’ve done???” Yoo Bi started to ask him again after a few minutes of silent wrapped between them. Min Hyuk gulped down his throat before he began to talk.

“Well...you’re going out without asking for my permission...we’re in China, Yoo Bi sshi...not in Korea...each of my student is under my responsibility now...who knows what will happen to you later if you don’t inform me where are you heading to...it would cause a problem to me...and I’m feeling guilty because...yeah, it’s complicated and very personal to be talked...especially with you...” Min Hyuk explained all at once at her before Yoo Bi shrugged.

“You definitely don’t have to worry about me, Min Hyuk sshi...I’m not going to an unknown place...China is my husband’s national country...of course I won’t get lost as long as I’m staying with him...” Yoo Bi answered and it earned a frown from Min Hyuk. He turned to look at her.

“Your husband is here??? At Qingdao???” he asked but Yoo Bi winked to him, clearly fired up in happiness and excitement when they talked about Luhan.

“Yes! He came here yesterday...the other days he was in Beijing, meeting his family and today...he’s coming to see me here!!! Aigoo!!! I miss him so much!!!” Yoo Bi cheered, clapping her hands while grinning broadly but Min Hyuk suddenly stopped her when he grabbed her left hand. Yoo Bi stopped jumping and she gazed in confusion to Min Hyuk. He squeezed her hand inside his right palm as his eyes focused on the glittering wedding ring of Yoo Bi. He swallowed silently.

“What’s wrong, Min Hyuk sshi???” Yoo Bi asked, trying to free her hand from him but Min Hyuk never budges away. He held firmer to her and dropped his eyes on Yoo Bi’s face.

“Don’t you think it is just a waste of time???” he shot her with that question and Yoo Bi shook her head, confused. “Wasting in what???”

“Being someone’s wife at a very young age...I mean, look at you Yoo Bi sshi...you’re young and talented in your studies...you can go further and better more than what you have today...don’t you want to enjoy your life like an ordinary teenage girl??? Look at your friends...they are all enjoying their day as the student but how about you??? Standing here alone and waiting obediently for your husband??? That’s very pity, Yoo Bi sshi...” Min Hyuk explained with serious look on his face. Yoo Bi knew that he was right but there was nothing that she could do to stop this. Plus, she was happy of her life the way it was now. So, she never cares about being a wife at such a very young age!

Yoo Bi thought determinedly and she pulled her hand away from Min Hyuk. She squeezed her shoulders around to fully face him. Staring up to his face with stern look, she spoke.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Min Hyuk sshi...but this is how my destiny work out...I’m fated to marry Luhan oppa...even though it didn’t start with a right way, at least I have no regret over it now...I know I can trust my future on him...” Yoo Bi replied but Min Hyuk sighed, shaking his head and looked away.

Yoo Bi folded her arms across her chest and jerked up her eyebrow to him, “Is this the reason why you feel guilty on me??? You pity me for being a married girl at such a young age???”

“Yes and no...” Min Hyuk answered and he shifted his eyes back to her. “Honestly, Yoo Bi sshi...you need to know why everyone nicknamed me as the ‘hopeless adjusshi’...”

“Don’t try to change the topic!” she exclaimed but Min Hyuk held up his palm, asking her to let him talk.

“Since the very start, I work as the professor inside the university...everyone, the lecturers, the students are all having their interest on me...why??? Because I’m young, handsome and capable of myself...”

“That’s very confident of you...” Yoo Bi mocked upon listening to his self-story but Min Hyuk chuckled.

“Yeah...I hate to admit it but it’s the truth...at the very same time, there were so many students that came to confess their feeling to me and I rejected them...I just don’t have any feeling or slight of interest on those girls...so they end up calling me ‘hopeless adjusshi’...because they thought I’m someone that totally hopeless in love...but they were wrong...because I finally fallen in love...” Min Hyuk added before he suddenly took a step closer to Yoo Bi. Yoo Bi frowned, eyeing him up and down suspiciously when Min Hyuk reached out towards her hand.

He entwined it with hers and surprisingly pulling her body into his embrace. Yoo Bi widened her eyes and tried to push his body away but Min Hyuk locked his arms firmly around her waist.

“Yah, Min Hyuk sshi!!! What is this all about??!!!”

“Are you blind, Yoo Bi sshi??? Don’t you ever realize it from my eyes that I’ve been in love with you since the first time we met??? How I’m attracted to you...the way I care for you...don’t you feel it at all???” Min Hyuk whispered to her and Yoo Bi stopped struggling to release herself. She stood frozen there as she let Min Hyuk to hug her – she was drowning in confusion now until...she didn’t realize another pair of eyes that was watching them from a distance.

Luhan gulped down his throat, feeling the bitterness inside him and he took his steps in reverse. He was about to pick his wife here but obviously to him, Yoo Bi was busied being together with that man – Kang Min Hyuk. Luhan turned around and decided to leave. He wasn’t going to be the dumb side-actor inside their stupid triangle story.

To be continued...

"I was supposed to be his wedding planner, not his bride!"