Chapter 55

✭Legend || SM's New Girl Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2nd, 2013
Day 177

 

"Legend on set! I repeat: Legend on set!" the PD bellowed from his chair.

Heels clacked against the heavily polished floor, six of seven members swiftly getting into position on the mostly white set. Music started, arms and legs twirling to the beat. The members were perfectly in sync, off camera their manager Sumin could be seen smiling proudly at her girls. Next to her were a group of six boys, all watching with keen eyes. One, more than the others.

"How's it feel being able to record a commercial with your husband?" a stylist of B2ST eagerly asked Seol Ae as the girls finished their dance, stars dancing in the woman's dark brown eyes.

"It's fun," Seol Ae simply said, careful of her facial expression. She was irritated by all the staff members asking her this question today, did they not realize the marriage was fake?

"It must be! Oh, I was hoping you were recording for We Got Married today! Your interactions would be so cute! I know how you have to keep your feelings under wraps," with a wink the woman pranced off.

"That makes number twelve," Yerim snickered. "Looks like Hye Rin-ah is out of the bet!"

The fake maknae sighed. "There goes ₩10,000."

"But we're still in the running," Holly high fived with the elder dancer.

"Still in the running for what?"

The girls turned to see a happy Dongwoon, with Hyunseung awkwardly shifting from foot-to-foot behind him.

"They're betting how many people will ask me about our 'marriage'," the visual stockily put air quotes for the word 'marriage'.

"Ya' know, we need to learn to become more social. If I had ₩100 for every time someone walked up to us instead of vice versa," Yerim shook her head, sighing, mostly to herself, aloud.

"Where's Rui?" Seol Ae's fake husband asked, twisting his neck around to try and find the familiar singer.

"Not right here," the visual scoffed, inspecting her nails in order to not become apart of this conversation. Even though the visual gave off a somewhat dumb vibe, she wasn't that dumb. Not only could she notice the look her fake husband has in his eyes whenever his gaze lands on Rui, but the tone he has in his voice whenever he talks about her is anything but subtle. Although, he's a guy and he thinks he's being smooth - he's not. At the beginning she decided she would play match maker between the two. Now, however, not so much.

"She went to the bathroom for the break," Hye Rin supplied, wanting the conversation to get somewhere instead of becoming awkward. She's put up enough with Seol Ae's cold reactions towards the other singer, and she hoped the visual would have moved past this by now - most of the other members have already.

"Oh," his shoulders sagged in his disappointment. "When she comes back, can you tell her to call me? She hasn't been replying to any of my messages."

"Why don't you wait until she gets back?" Minhwa questioned.

"I have to... to go," he awkwardly shifted foot-to-foot. Behind him, Hyunseung looked like he was ready to face palm.

"Where?" Hye Rin prodded further, an amused smirk playing on her lips.

"O-over there," he pointed in a random direction.

"The broom closet?" Seol Ae snorted, flicking invisible dirt from her nail beds.

"Yeah... I'm gonna wait over there," he slowly spoke, bee lining for said closet not even a second later.

"Why is he so weird?" Holly asked, squarely looking at Hyunseung.

The B2ST member shrugged. "You girls are scary. Especially for girls."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Seol Ae growled, eyes flashing.

"That," he pointed to her eyes, the visual going cross eyed to meet his finger.

"Rui-ah!" Dongwoon grinned when the singer walked back onto the set, wiping her hands with a damp paper towel.

"Dongwoon-ah, how are you?" she stiffly said, her eyes momentarily fluttering over to her groups visual, relieved when she noticed she wasn't paying attention to them. The visual has made sure to make her feel uncomfortable the past week or so, adding on with her 'flirting' with Seol Ae's fake husband wouldn't really help her case.

"Great! It's awesome we have a CF together, isn't it? I'm just a bit upset that they didn't pair us up together."

"Obviously, it would have been with Seol Ae," she pointed out. "It's almost expected. And they wouldn't want to deal with the backlash of fans that ship you. It also adds to WGM's illusion of a relationship if you do things outside of the episodes."

"I think we would look better together," he grinned, on the inside he was a bundle of nerves, wondering how the typically cool headed girl would take his words.

Rui found her eyes unconsciously flickering over to the visual once more, a surge of joy rushing through her when she noticed she was watching them with dangerously blank eyes. The singer stepped forward a bit, closing a decent portion of the gap between them as she answered, "Really?"

Dongwoon charmingly smiled, exposing perfectly white teeth. "Definitely. Text me when ever you're free."

"Actually, I'm free on the 9th if you would like to hang out then," Rui replied, her heart feeling elated for more than a few reasons. Briefly, her conscious flashed through her mind, telling her that she shouldn't be messing with Dongwoon simply because she still felt spiteful towards Seol Ae. But she pushed that b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter