Chapter 19

✭Legend || SM's New Girl Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clothes: Haneul | Holly | Seol Ae | Hye Rin

July 18th, 2013
Day 48

 

"I so don't want to do this," Holly groaned unconsciously kicking the seat in front of her. Said seat just so happened to be holding a certain visual who whipped around with a firm glare.

"Don't put it out on me complain to stupid Young Min."

"Be nice Seol Ae-ah," Haneul chided.

Seol Ae shrugged and looked out the van window.

"Well sorry I don't really want a new member! You guys know how long it took just me to tolerate you lot how about even three new members?"

"How do you know we'll get three? It could just be one at least," Seol Ae said.

"Hopefully it's none," Holly sneered.

"This above all: to thine own self be true," Hye Rin spoke without looking up from her novel.

The members sent her odd looks, still not used to her rather random quoteing of the famous historian.

"Hamlet?" Haneul spoke.

"I thought that's from Legally Blonde..." Holly mumbled, but it was loud enough for Seol Ae to hear and laugh aloud at the vocalist who defiently kicked her chair once more.

"Come on girls we're running a bit late," Minseok gestured for them to get out of the parked van.

The members shared a look, their manager hadn't been back to his usual self ever since the others left the group.

"Shouldn't he be okay by now? It's been over two weeks," Seol Ae shook her head and hopped out of the car.

"He's worse than Holly on her period lately with his snappiness too," Hye Rin smirked grew when she saw Holly bristle, but the elder didn't take the bait.

The girls entered the SM building and were lead over to the trainee area. The trainee rooms were on the other side of the building than the current groups dance studios and on the upper floors of the massive building. All the girls remembered how much they hated that, they weren't allowed to use the elevator (there's a key) and had to walk up and down multiple flights of stairs. When one of the trainees asked why they couldn't take the elevator it's apparently because the higher ups think that if the trainees use the stairs more they'll lose more weight. Jerks.

Legend entered the biggest dance studio the building has. The entire studio was surronded by cameras and multiple micro phones, it was a bit uncomfortable to be honest, and ended up taking most of the space. The director was screaming out orders to the multiple employees and in the middle of the entire mess was the eight Legend hopefuls. They sat, rather peacefully, together in the middle of the dance floor. When they saw Legend enter they quickly stood up and greeted them.

"Hello," Hye Rin smiled. Haneul nodded while Seol Ae gave a small wave. Holly actually moved away from the girls and was checking herself out in the large mirror.

"Girls great to see you!" The directors previous attitude was gone and he greeted the girls with open - literally - arms. Before the girls could say anything he quickly informed them what was going to be happening for this episode, "Today the girls will be learning the dance routine to Because of You, with your chereographer if she ever gets here in time," he briefly sneered. "You will be helping and pay close attention to all of the girls dancing because whoever you think is the weakest is who you are going to let go of first. Before all that you will be giving them their trainee jackets, this shouldn't last that long and we should be out of here by dinner the latest, understand?"

The members nodded, one of the female writers came over with a large sized cardboard box which containted jackets similar to the ones the Legend members recieved earlier but where the member had a 'L' these had a 'T' and on the back was the shows name 'Becoming A Legend'. Each individual jacket was tightly wrapped in plastic.

A few minutes later Min rushed into the studio, her hair was a mess and her eyes were set into slits. In other words she looked ready to kill. The director walked over to her and said something that the girls couldn't hear but it looked like Min just got more angry and when he turned around she flipped him off.

Seol Ae made her way over to the chereographer and gave her an odd look.

Min huffed, "That stupid basterd didn't even tell me where I was supposed to go or at what time! I ended up going to the other building!" She angrily ran a hand through her hair and shook her head, "Let's just get this over with I have a date."

"Date? With who?" Seol Ae smirked.

Min's eyes widened when she realized what she said, "No one you need to concern yourself with." She blew a raspberry and walked over to the trainees to introduce herself.

"Alright when are we going to film this thing I wanna go home," Holly stuck her tounge out in agrivation.

"We should begin shortly," Minseok said in mono-tone as he was looking at something on his smart phone.

"Alright girls everyone get into your places!" The director called out.

The members were brought to the middle of the studio, the box set in front of them, with Min in the background briefly going over the dance moves as the trainees watched.

CAMERA ON

"Hello we are forever Legend!" The girls bowed to the camera.

"Today is the second episode of Becoming A Legend and the first challenge for the eight trainees! The trainees will be practicing Legend's dance to Because of You, but they aren't learning this song for no reason they all will actually be having their own performance!" Holly smiled as the others softly clapped.

"Before we start we actually have jackets to hand out to all the trainees," Seol Ae grinned holding up one of the plastic covered jackets. She gestured for the trainees to come forward and they all recieved their own jacket. A few went to put them on but Min stopped them telling them it would get in the way for their dance training.

"Alright girls I want you to make two lines in front of me," Min beckoned the trainees, and members, over so they were facing the enourmous mirror behind the instructor. The members split up so two were on Min's right and two on her left.

"So the Because of You chereography is mostly a combination of simple dance moves but they are done rather quickly and percisely, which can make the dance harder so pay attention!" Min slightly snapped at the end, her harshness nothing new to the members but the trainees had no idea what they were in for with her.

The entire segment took around four hours and it was well passed lunch time when they all got a break. All the girls weren't only physically exhausted but mentally, especially due to Min's high standards and the fact she isn't afraid to snap at someone if she thinks you're doing something wrong. Although the chereographer probably makes it worse for herself since she extremely rarely offers anything positive to say. Every trainee was feeling more uneasy around the chereographer since she snapped at all of them atleast once. Minhwa was scolded for not having enough power in her moves, Jinnie was scolded for being too fluid, Yerim was scolded for being too stiff, Baekhui was scolded for too much exasperated movement, Marie was scolded for being too slow, Annabel was scolded for not putting enough feeling into it, Jeje was scolded for going too fast, and Rui was scolded for messing up when to be stiff and when to be fluid.

CAMERA OFF

Everyone, including the staff, was more than relieved when two men accompanying Legend's manager came into with numerous boxes of fried chicken and cans of cold soda.

The members and trainees decided to sit all together inorder to get to know each other more intimately off camera. Hye Rin seemed the most open to the trainees as she joked around with a few, Seol Ae was quieter than usual but she attempted at trying to get to know the others, Haneul was just her quiet self but was listening intently to her possible future bandmates, after a few minutes Holly felt like she was going to snap and after violently ripping the rest of the chicken off the bone in her hand she stood up and stalked out of the room. Seol Ae stood up to follow her but Haneul softly grabbed her, "You know how she is, approaching her will make things worse." Seol Ae remained standing for a few beats before reluctantly sitting down.

"Is she alright?" Jeje asked, her eyes widenening in surprise at the vocalist who just stormed out of the studio.

The members quickly shared uncomfortable looks before Haneul answered, "She's been a bit... testy lately."

"Is she always in that kind of mood?" Rui cocked an eyebrow in question.

"Only on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter