Chapter 8

✭Legend || SM's New Girl Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 12th, 2013
Day 12

 

CAMERA ON

"In the car girls!" Minseok called out, holding the vans door open for the shuffeling members.

"Are we not being told anything again?" Hana groaned from her spot in the far back. "At least we aren't blindfolded this time," Soo Jung giggled from her seat next to her best friend.

"Where ever we're going wake me when we get there." Holly leaned back in her middle row seat and closed her eyes.

"Is the ride going to be long?" Seol Ae asked playing with her fake nails.

"About two hours," Minseok supplied causing the girls to groan.

The ride consisted of sleeping, phone games, random singing and listening to the members own iPods. Nothing entertaing for air time really happened.

When the car started dangerously jostling around the girls turned to the windows and couldn't believe their eyes, "Where are we?" Seol Ae questioned as she stared out the window towards the forest that went for miles. In the front of the van Minseok had a small smile on his face, he honestly couldn't wait for the girls reactions to how they were supposed to spend the next twenty four hours.

The van came to a bouncy halt on a dirt packed parking lot with few similar looking vans. All the girls blankly stared out the window for a few seconds, all having ideas about what was to happen and none liking them as time passed.

"Come on come out," Minseok smirked opened the door once again. The girls reluctantly jumped out and followed the PD who was explaining what was happening to them as he lead the group down a dirt and stone path.

"As you were told before Legend's Go To School is coming to an end. We didn't know exactly how we were going to make the last episode so we decided to go on an adventure trip that, hopefully, none of you have experienced before. You will be here for the next twenty four hours. You will not be told how to do anything and are on your own for the most part. At the campsite is almost everything you need." The PD finished when they arrived at a large clearing with a wooden sign that had the number '7' etched in it, it was surronded with tall trees and a few bushes. To the left of the camp site was an old wooden bench and next to it was a stone fire pit with a metal grill top for for cooking.

"What's this?" Hye Rin gently grabbed one of the two blue bags resting atop the bench table. "We have to pitch our own tents..." Holly groaned. Soo Jin's eye twitched and Seol Ae mentally cursed, "Has anyone ever pitched a tent before?"

Haneul slowly raised her hand, "I have."

"Good cause the only thing I know about pitching a tent is what I've seen on TV," Hana smirked.

"You all have to help," Haneul was stern and none of the members questioned their leaders authority. "Alright since we have two tents and seven members three will sleep in one and four in the other, break into groups and that's how we'll put the tents up."

Haneul, Hye Rin and Holly were a group while Soo Jin, Seol Ae, Soo Jung and Hana were another. "Awkward H," Soo Jung chuckled gesturing to Hana who blew a raspberry.

The H group's tent actually went up rather smoothly thanks to Haneul's supposed expertise, the stakes and rain cover were up within ten minutes. Sadly for the S (+ 1H) team they were having... difficulties.

"Read the instructions Light!" Seol Ae growled with the poles in hand, Soo Jin was on the other end of the poles trying to get some of the dirt out of the metal so she could stick the rods together.

"Why do I have to?" Hana scoffed, inspecting her nails while sitting on the bench. Even Soo Jung was annoyed by the girls behavior, "Either do that or lend a hand."

The lead vocal looked like she was contemplating when in reality she was wondering if she can call a bathroom break for herself.

"Got it!" Soo Jin shouted in victory causing the visual to jump back in shock at the outburst. "I got the dirt out," she blushed in embarresment making her members laugh. They were mostly laughing since typically Soo Jin didn't like talking on-screen unless she was forced or only with one other person so her outburst with the entire group was more than a little entertaining.

Haneul reached out to her dongsaengs and happily helped them pitch their tent. "OW!" Seol Ae held her reddening thumb, she was using a fist-sized rock to get the stake into the dirt and accidently hit herself instead.

"That's why I'm not doing manual labor," Hana smirked. Seol Ae sent her a not-so-subtle glare and Soo Jin took the visuals place, quickly getting the stake in the ground.

The members had a mini celebration now that both tents were successfully pitched and tied down. Holly moved forward to grab the white envelope that was handed to the group by one of the camera men, "What's that?"

She opened it and groaned, "Yah what's this?" Hye Rin gently took the envelope from her lose grasp, "Where are we supposed to find stuff for s'mores?"

"Their is a convenience store right down the road from this camp site, both groups will be given ₩20,000 to buy enough food for their group for tonight." The PD supplied.

"That's not hard," Seol Ae immediatly took back her words from what she heard next.

"You have a five minute time limit and you have to take out at least one ingredient from the item. So for example for smores you have to take out either the marshmellow, chocolate or gram cracker and replace it with something else."

"Do we have to eat it?" Soo Jung nervously chuckled. The camera was moved up and down making the members groan.

"The team that gets the most unique items get's a prize." The PD's words caused all the girls to perk back up, "Prize?" Seol Ae's eyes were shinning.

"So we have a bigger chance of winning if we take out two ingredients from something instead of one?" Holly questioned and the camera repeated its actions from before.

Before any of the girls knew it they were standing in front of a country looking convenience store that has seen better days. "One group goes in at a time." Their manager called out.

Haneul and Seol Ae played a quick game of rock-paper-scissors that resulted in the H team going in first. As soon as they went through the door the timer began ticking, the girls rushed to the food section. "I have gram crackers!" Hye Rin smiled and dropped them into the basket hanging from Haneul's arm.

"How about peanut butter?" Holly yelled out from her bent down position. As she looked for s'mores ingredients Hye Rin head down the isle next to it for dinner supplies. On the list was kebabs and she had no idea what to grab. Her tiny hands grabbed a blue and gold can of spam, a random flavored fish cake, some type of freeze-dried fish, and a mystery flavor samgak kimbap. The shortest member hurried over and dropped them all into the basket.

"Bananas!" Holly called out rushing half-way across the store leaving her members very confused. "She isn't planning on putting that on the kebabs is she?" Hye Rin shivered at the thought.

The H team were on top of things and with barely a minute to spare were checking out. "Hold on," Haneul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter