Chapter 25

✭Legend || SM's New Girl Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 27th, 2013
Day 56

 

The Legend members, new and old, stood attention in front of Kim Young Min's desk. They all knew they were going to have to meet up with him to discuss multiple things to do with the new members - so for once none of the members were terrified to be in his office (probably will be the last time that happens too).

"Alright the new members have been chosen, this has to be kept secret for obvious reasons until the final episode is aired," Young Min explained. "Until then the newest members will be training along with the original members to learn the chereography and lyrics of everything, they will not move into the dorm until after the last episode. You may only interact with each other in the safety of the SM building for the time being. You must be extremely careful and do not let anyone know who was chosen, got it?"

"When's the last episode?" Seol Ae asked.

"August 24th," Young Min replied, without blinking.

"So that's like a month away?" Holly cocked an eyebrow.

Young Min sighed, "Yes it's a month away. Until then you will all be training together, since your next comeback won't be for awhile it gives ample time for the newest members to learn what they need to and for you to get more aquainted with each other. So Legend I hope you all are able to work together well."

The girls bowed to the CEO before leaving with their manager. Minseok asked the girls what they wanted to eat and after he recieved the orders he promptly left.

"He's so weird now," Holly mumbled when they entered their, back to normal, studio.

"What do you mean?" Seol Ae asked, checking herself out in the mirror.

"He keeps starring," the singer unconsciouly shivered.

"Does he usually do that?" Yerim asked, kind of freaked out that she is finding out her new manager is a weirdo. Holly silently shook her head in response.

"At who? You?" Haneul crossed her arms.

Holly just waved her hand, "I don't know, I think I'm just imagining things. But you gotta admit he's changed since the others left."

The three new members shuffled awkwardly in their spots at the mention of the other three, talk about awkward.

"He definitely has, no doubt," Hye Rin agreed.

"Let's change the subject," Haneul piped in.

"Oh right we have to teach you guys the dances..." Seol Ae mumbled, fixing her hair in her reflection.

"Come on, let's get to it~" Holly sung.

The thirty minutes it took Minseok to get their food was spent helping the girls perfect the Because of You chereography. Since they learned it during Becoming A Legend it was more of a making-it-perfect kind of thing. Afterwards they would go over Run Devil Run, but food was their first priority at the moment.

"Hey Yerim-ssi, whats on your ankle?" Holly got the courage to ask, she noticed the dancer had a wrap around her right ankle.

"Oh, I was demonstrating a soccer move and ended up spraining it badly. I had to get surgery and I need to wear this now."

The room turned into an awkward silence, the other occupants not knowing if it was a sore spot for the girl.

"But don't worry about it, as long as I'm careful it's all good," Yerim smiled.

"Don't go breaking something now," Rui chuckled to herself.

 

Haneul | Holly | Seol Ae | Hye Rin

July 29th, 2013
Day 58

 

CAMERA ON

"National counseling session! The atmosphere of the studio became brighter, especially for the males in the audience. The girls who are currently the conversation started in Korea... Legend!" Shin Dongyeop cheered.

The Legend members bowed greatfully and clapped along with the audience.

"Sky, Holly, Seol Ae and Chris! Welcome to the show!" The MC's and audience cheered.

"Your reality show Becoming A Legend has become a large hit lately, not only gaining you many more fans but giving the group more attention. I heard you had just finished recording the last episode and even chose the members?" Lee Yeongja smiled towards Legend.

"We did, and we hope that when they are revealed that our fans will support them just as much as they do us," Seol Ae answered. It was so obvious to the members how scripted it was that a certain singer had to stop from bursting out laughing.

"You can't even give us a hint?" Kim Taegyun egged on.

The girls laughed, shaking their open palms.

"Sorry it's a secret," Hye Rin smiled, a single finger in front of her lips.

"Hey you have to understand," Yeongja shoved Taegyun not so gently after he did a gross aegyo impression. "They can't go around telling everyone all their secrets. No one would watch the show anymore!" The audience laughed at the MC.

"It seems Legend hasn't had the easiest debut," Dongyeop said.

"Yes, it's been rather hard at some points," Holly said, stone faced.

"Losing three members was difficult for us," Hye Rin frowned. "However they all left due to their own matters, so we will send out support for them no matter what they decide to do."

"That's very kind, hopefully you can be as kind to some of the concerns we have today?" Dongyeop smiled. "Please show us the keywords."

The screen behind the idols showed the lines "Taste of Money", "I Want To Take It Off Now" "Kids Are My Enemies" and "Intruders".

"The writer concerned of herself. 'Hello, I'm a woman with an extremely young face. You think I'm boasting about myself? No. I'm twenty this year and I'm an adult. But people think I'm an elementry school kid. I was eating a cup noodles late at the park, three officers came up to me with a flashlight. "Kid, what are you doing here at night? You parents must be worried. Kids nowadays don't know the dangers at night." "I'm not a kid. Look, I have an ID." The officer apologized immediatly. One of them was one year older than me. It's also hard to get a part time job. I worked at a buffet and there was a kid who kept spilling food. So I stared at him. "What are you looking at? What grade are you in?" Seriously? "Why don't you tell me your grade first?" "I'm a 2nd grader." "Kid I'm nineteen years old." "What a liar." The kid even used a curse word on me! I was so frustrated and I couldn't work that day. I live next to an elementary school, so I often get into trouble with kids. I'm so scared, I'm a grown up with a driver's license! Even potential employers reject me. When will I look more matured?" Jung Chanwoo ended reading the long concern.

"Have any of you been wrongly accused like that?" Chanwoo asked the members.

They all shook their heads except for Hyerin. "Many think I'm much younger because I have a youthful face."

"I see it," Yeongja rejectedly sighed, causing laughter in the audience.

"Please come out!... Please introduce yourself," Dongyeop said.

"Hello, I'm Kim Sola and I'm twenty years old," the girl greeted. The members openly gaped when they saw her, she truly had the face of a middle schooler. The woman even brought her drivers license as proof of her age!

"How old do people think you are?" Dongyeop asked.

"Around a 5th or 6th grader," Sola answered.

"Her voice is like a baby," Chanwoo explained. "Do you hear that a lot?"

"Yes I get that a lot."

"Why do the kids trouble you?" Yeongja asked.

"I live next to an elementary school. When school ends, they stare at me. But it makes me feel angry, and it feels like they're looking down on me. So I stare back and they scream curses at me." Sola gave examples, the audience cringed back while the Legend members had two reactions; Haneul and Hye Rin held their hands in front of their faces in shock, Seol Ae and Holly openly laughed.

"She must have been really angry!" Dongyeop exclaimed. Sola went on to explain how scary the children are today, tall with scary facial expressions and seemed to have no fear.

"I heard your friend is here," Chanwoo said, the screen shifting to Sola's friend in the audience.

"Hello, nice to meet you," Sola's friend greeted.

"Wow even she's young looking!" One of the MC's called out.

"Since we look like boys people think we're brothers," the girl said in what sounded like a prepubescent males voice. The MC's acknowledged how both have short hair and are rather boyish looking. Sola's friend went on to explain an accident the two had at the BBQ resturant the two worked at with an unruly customer who didn't believe Sola wasn't an elementary schooler.

"I think it should be a concern for her," Chanwoo said, looking at his fellow MC's, "Since 2nd graders say vulgar things at her. Let's start from Haneul-ssi."

"I... think it's a concern," the leader said after some hesitation.

"I don't think it's a concern," Holly said next. "Because it's something that with effort can be helped."

"I also don't think it's a concern," Seol Ae shook her head. "I actually wish I could look that youthful for a long time."

"I think it's a concern," Hye Rin said, giving a small laugh. "I know what it's like and how annoying it can be for people to assume you're way younger than you really are just with your natural face."

"Please press the button if you think it's a concern!" The noise of buttons being pressed quickly began and ended. The number ended up only being fifty-two votes..

"'I want to take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter