The school dance

The Love of a Star...

The next 3 months were filled with happiness and homework.
Not a really good combination of course, but I loved what I did!

The MV-project had become a hit!
Our music video was beautifully recorded, with me and ChangMin in the leading roles...
The screen went back and forth between ChangMin doing his lyrical dance and our pieces of acting.
We had ended up singing the lyrics ourselves as it had become a lyrical duet.
The final result had gotten us an A+!

ChangMin was soon going to debut with his fellow boy band members, during the Christmas holiday special in BoA’s and Britney Spears’ concert.
The boys had found themselves a name -"Dong Bang Shin Ki"- meaning "Gods Rising From the East".
ChangMin had found even more popularity amongst the students at Seoul School of Arts once the news of his debut got spread around.

Slowly the days had crept towards the school dance.
Today was the big day for everyone who had a crush...
Today they would get a chance to tell the person of their liking how they felt.
Today I would love ChangMin even more than I did yesterday or the days before yesterday.
Tonight was the school dance...

It was cold and dark outside when ChangMin took my hand.
My dress was a variation on Audrey Hepburn’s Little Black Dress.
It was just as small, with my legs being bare from the knees down.
The dress was made of a silky material in navy blue.
[This is the dress (take no notice of the woman in the dress...^^):]

ChangMin was dressed up too, but of course his clothing was warm enough.
I always wondered why the girl needs to wear something so inappropriately cold, while the guy could wear several layers, convenient for the outside temperature.
ChangMin was wearing a black suit with a navy blue shirt.
It looked good on him and it was difficult for me not to stare at him openmouthed.
[Here is ChangMin’s outfit:]
Of course ChangMin knew I would suffer in the cold if we would stand outside for too long, so he took off the coat of his suit and put it over my shoulders.
I smiled; the loving gesture warmed me up even more than the coat alone would.
ChangMin lead me from the steps of my house to the car.
He had rented a car with a driver for the occasion!
I softly squeezed his hand, looking at him with a smile on my face.
He returned the smile and opened the door of the car for me.

At Seoul School of Arts the lights at the front of the building were dimly lit to create a romantic atmosphere.
There was a red carpet to the entrance for the occasion of the school dance.
A photographer took photos of everyone that entered the school dance.
ChangMin and I had our picture taken together.
‘You two look very pretty together, nice matching of the colors!’ The photographer complimented us.
Inside school I saw the whole inside of the entrance hall was decorated with fake flowers and decorations that looked like flowery ivy.

Suddenly I spotted my friends.
My pretty group of friends, all dressed up like real ladies and gentlemen.
Wait a minute, was it really true what I saw?
It was, HeeChul wore a dress!
My eyebrows shot up in surprise... why did HeeChul wear a dress?
And how come Gina didn’t send him home to change?!
If ChangMin had turned up on my doorstep with anything inappropriate for a guy, I would have insisted for him to put on something appropriate!
Well, maybe I wouldn’t go so far as to insist on it, but I would not want to go to the school dance then...
‘Hey everyone!’ I said waving at my friends.
‘Hey DaMae, ChangMin, the two of you look stunning!’ NiMa said, holding hands with YeSung.
‘You look stunning yourself too!’ I answered laughing.
I wouldn’t have expected otherwise, NiMa has always paid a lot of attention to her appearance, she has a great feel for style too.
She matches really well with YeSung, since he loves to wear accessories and has a weak for fashion too.
‘HeeChul, are you feeling well? Are you aware that your outfit is rather... girly?’ I said, not knowing what his reaction might be.
‘I know... but I... I lost a bet some time ago...’ HeeChul grinned stupidly, then seemed to change his mood drastically.
He suddenly stuck out his index finger, bending a little forwards and said in a girl’s tone: ‘Babo!’
I laughed. ‘Who is here the babo? Nice dress by the way... You have good taste...’
‘Actually, it’s mine!’ Gina grinned. ‘I was about to make him wear a pink dress, but I think red suits him better!’

[HeeChul in his red dress:]
HeeChul must have lost a bet against Gina otherwise she wouldn’t have volunteered for him to wear the dress.
I was wondering what that bet could have been about, although I decided not to ask them about it.
ChangMin’s group of friends had joined mine some time ago and we all belonged to one group now.
Once everyone was gathered together at the entrance hall we went into the canteen, which was all decorated with more of the flowery ivy stuff.
In the middle of the canteen they had created a dance floor.
Some of the people were already dancing, but I thought it was too early to dance...
I was still not comfortable enough to start dancing when others didn’t dance yet.
Suddenly the song "Persona" from KangTa was being played.
ChangMin took my hands and placed them on his shoulders.
The world seemed to reduce to the music, me and ChangMin.
I felt like I was in heaven, loved by the person I loved most.
I rested my head on ChangMin’s shoulder, feeling his warm embrace as we danced to a slow song that followed up KangTa’s "Persona".
I looked at the others around me, NiMa dancing with YeSung, HeeChul and Gina dancing together in their own pace and probably their own world too.
ChangMin and I turned a bit, I smiled Jenny and EunHyuk were dancing to, with a polite space between them, but they were, without further doubt, crazy about each other.
Yuri and MinHo had no trouble expression the attraction that kept them together, they were kissing and dancing very close to each other.
I smiled, the school dance really was the opportunity for crushes to get answers.
My heart was filled with a warm feeling, I knew I was given the love of a (soon to be) star...

________~END OF CHAPTER 44~________