Watching Hongki Work

When You're Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6

"Watching Hongki Work"

 

 

Me and Sumin were eating our breakfast with Hyunseung oppa. He was just looking down at his food. I hadnt talked to him since yesterday when i yelled at him. I didnt mean to, but Hongki was a really nice guy. How come he didnt see that? I know he just wanted to protect me, but i am afterall 18 years old, i can protect myself.

 

Or, well, i have Hongki to protect me. If he knew how Hongki saved me yesterday he would like him right away, but i couldnt tell Hyunseung oppa that, but i had to get him to talk to me again.

 

"Hyunseung oppa?" He looked up at me. "I'm sorry for yesterday, i didnt mean to yell at you. But Hongki is a really nice guy, i promise. If he wasnt i wouldnt be with him".
He sighed. "I have thought about it and i will let him be with you".
"Really?! Thank you, Hyunseung oppa!"
"But today you have to invite him and that other guy... what was his name?" He looked over at Sumin.
"Jonghun".
"Right, Jonghun. You have to invite both of them over today for dinner so i can get to know them myself. You and Sumin can go shopping or something".
"You mean we cant eat with you?"
"Not this time. I want to know how they really are and that wont work with you two in the room".
"Fine, but promise you will go easy on both of them".
"I promise".
I smiled and looked at Sumin. "Lets go, i wanna see Hongki work!"
"I'm coming!"

 

Me and Sumin said goodbye to Hyunseung oppa and made our way to the little cafe where we first spent time with Jonghun and Hongki. As we came closer i felt butterflies in my stomach. Sumin opened the door and i looked around after Hongki, but i didnt see him.

 

Wasnt he supposed to work today? I pouted as i followed Sumin to a table and we both sat down. She was also looking around for them.

 

"I'm sure he is here somewhere" She said and just like that, Hongki appeared out of a door. He talked to one of the waiters and then he noticed me. He said something else to the waiter and walked over to us and smiled.

 

"You came!"
"I told you i would, didnt i?" He ruffled my hair.
"I'm glad you're here. Work is so much more fun now" He sat down on the chair next to me.
"Where is Jonghun?" I asked.
He looked at me and pouted. "What? Am i not good enough for you? Why do you need Jonghun?"
I giggled. "I'm just wondering. Wasnt he working today too?"
"He is, but he is delivering today".
"Then i'm out of here" Sumin said as she stood up.
"Dont go!" I said. "I'll be all alone then" I pouted at her.
"You have Hongki, i think you'll be fine" She said as she walked out of the cafe. I turned to look at Hongki.
"I think she is right, you'll be just fine".
"Hongki, get back to work!" One of the waiters yelled at him. He quickly stood up.
"So what can i get you?"
"Ehm... ice cream" I said.
"Which one?"
"You'll choose".
"I know exactly what to make you. I'll be right back" He walked away and i sighed.

 

Hongki would be working all day and Sumin had just left. Then i thought of something. I grabbed my bag and started looking through it. "It should be a book here somewhere" I said as i looked for the book, then finally i found it at the bottom. I put the bag down and began reading it.

 

It was an english book that Hyunseung oppa had given to me, because he thought me and Sumin should learn english. Sumin hadnt even opened hers. I think she used it to balance a table in her room or something. I tried to read the first page, but i couldnt even read the whole first sentence.

 

"Why is english so hard?!" I shouted to myself, causing a few people to look at me weirdly. I sighed and closed the book. "Stupid book" I said just as Hongki appeared with a bowl of ice cream.
"Here is what you ordered, miss" He said as he placed the bowl infront of me. I looked down at it, then up at Hongki.
"What is this?"
"Hongki special" He smiled as he sat down next to me.
"And that is?"
"Every single ice cream there is, mixed into one. It's really good".
"Really?" I looked down at the bowl in disgust. It didnt look good, but for some reason i tried tasting it. Hongki looked at me with hopeful eyes. "You're right, surprisingly it is good".
"I know, right?" He smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter