Happy Birthday

When You're Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 23

"Happy Birthday"

 

 

I was dreaming about Mi-cha, again. Ever since she broke up with me 4 months ago i had had the same dream over and over again. Her breaking up with me, telling me there was another man in her heart. Will i ever forget that day? Will this pain ever end or will i spend the rest of my life thinking about Mi-cha and nothing else?

 

But today's dream was different. It wasn't a sad dream, neither an angry one. It was just me and Mi-cha sitting at the cafe where i used to work, talking and smiling like the couple we used to be. I hadn't had a happy dream about Mi-cha for so long, i wanted to keep dreaming, so it wouldn't end.

 

But, of course, life had other plans and wanted me awake. Noises coming from outside my room made me open my eyes and the dream disappeared and i was back in this black hell hole supposedly called life. I shifted my eyes over at the calender on my wall next to my bed and i remembered what day it was today.

 

So that's why today's dream was different. I climbed out of bed and grabbed a shirt from the floor and put it on. I didn't bother dressing up, what was the point anymore? The only thing i lived for now was my work and today was sunday, my day off. 

 

I always worked hard so i wouldn't think of Mi-cha, but when i wasn't working the memories came rushing back. I opened the door and with heavy steps i walked to the kitchen where the noises came from. Jonghun was in the middle of making something. Flour was spread everywhere as he was trying to crack an egg and put it in a bowl, while reading in a book.

 

My lips shifted upwards for the first time since Mi-cha broke up with me. Seeing this picture reminded me when Mi-cha tried to make me a cake. Jonghun quickly looked up from his baking and my smile disappeared.

 

"Oh... Hongki, you're up?" I nodded as i went over to him and sat on a chair.
"What are you doing?"
"You remember what day it is today, don't you?" I knew far well what day it was today, but i pretended not to know.
"Eh... no? Should i?" I took a peek at the book he was reading from.
Jonghun looked back down at the bowl. "Oh..."
"I'm going back to sleep"

 

I jumped off the chair and went into my room. I closed the door as i sighed. Today was Mi-cha's birthday, but why was Jonghun making her a cake? If anyone was making a cake for Mi-cha, it should be me, but i could no longer do that. Her stupid boyfriend from stupid Japan is probably over there, making her a stupid cake.

 

I crossed my arms and greeted my teeth. But my arms fell down. Why was Jonghun making her a cake? Did he have contact with Mi-cha this whole time and hiding it from me? If Jonghun were going over there to celebrate her birthday, do i have to go to?

 

But wouldn't it be weird to have your ex-boyfriend and your new boyfriend in the same house? Maybe i can check him out, see what's so special about him. Maybe i can scare him all the way back to Japan and then he will break up with Mi-cha. 

 

No, i couldn't hurt her on her own birthday. I shouldn't show up at all, but i should do something. Maybe buy her a present? Or is that too much? I have to give her something that doesn't cost anything, something small that isnt too special.

 

I thought about it and snapped my fingers and ran over to my bed. I bent down and reached my hand under it, searchingfor a box. My fingers felt something and i pulled it out. I opened the lid and smiled. "Perfect" I said to myself. "I'll just give Jonghun this when he is leaving".

 

Jonghun's P.O.V:

 

The cake was finally done, after so much effort. It looked okay. I had only baked cakes for Hongki on his birthday, and he was happy with it, no matter how it looked, but this was Mi-cha we're talking about. I had to make sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter