Do You Forgive Me?

When You're Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 26

"Do You Forgive Me?"

 

 

I almost fell backwards, but quickly balanced myself before i could do so. Mi-cha has cancer?! I can't believe it... it can't be true. There must be some kind of mistake. It just has to be.

 

"Are you okay?" The lady asked me while giving me a concerned look.
"Which room?!"
She quickly looked down at the computer, then back up at me. "305".

 

I ran out the door and down the stairs and searched for her room.

 

I counted as i passed the doors. "300... 301...302...303...304...305"

 

I stopped infront of the door and took a deep breath. The lady probably mixed two people up. Mi-cha can't be sick. She can't. There has to be somebody else in there. I put my hand on the door and slowly opened it. I looked around and Mi-cha was lying in the bed. She looked up at me as i came in and her eyes widened.

 

The lady wasn't wrong. Mi-cha was sick. Time stopped at that time, neither me or Mi-cha moved, we just stared at each other. After what seemed like forever Mi-cha spoke.

 

"What are you doing here?"
I closed the door and walked over to her. "I... i didn't want you to go through it alone. The pregnancy. If your boyfriend wasn't here, i thought atleast i could go with you. But... you're not really pregnant, are you?"
She turned her head away from me and looked out the window. "Does it matter? You and me are over anyway".
I walked over to the other side of the bed and looked at her. "Of course it matters! You were lying this whole time, weren't you? About falling out of love with me, about getting a new boyfriend, about the pregnancy... all of it was lies to cover up that you have cancer?" Tears were forming in my eyes, but i held them back. I bit my bottom lip and i tightened my fists as i looked at Mi-cha.
She sighed and looked down at her lap. "Just leave".
"How can i leave knowing this is the reason you broke up with me?! How can i leave knowing the girl i'm crazy about has cancer?! If it were me, would you be able to leave me? If i was the one who has sick and told you to go, would you honestly do it?"
"No..."
"Exactly. And i'm not leaving. From now on, i'm gonna be by your side the whole time. Nothing can split us up again. You've been dealing with this on your own without me for so long, i'm so so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter