Audition

When You're Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 28

"Audition"

 

 

Mi-cha's P.O.V:

 

I was walking around in the hospital, it was boring staying in the bed all day and night, and the nurses told me i could take a walk in the hospital if i wanted too. I hated walking in this department, there was so much death and sadness around here, so i decided to walk to the department where new lives was being brought into the world.

 

I looked from the outside of the glass at all the babies lying in their beds. I couldn't help but smile at this beautiful sight. To think that just two stairs up was a place for death, while down here new lifes were being made. I admired the babies for a while longer, until i heard a familiar voice.

 

"Which room?"

 

I turned my head to the right and saw none other than someone i haven't seen in so long. So-jin. It surprised me to see her in this kind of place, but that wasn't the only thing that surprised me. She was pregnant. And the guy who she threatened me with a couple of months ago was with her.

 

I wanted to run away, but it was too late. She turned to walk towards me, but stopped when she saw me. Both of us just stood there, staring at each other. A few seconds later she smiled and walked up to me. I thought she was going to threaten me again or something, but this smile on her face seemed more... gentle.

 

"Mi-cha..." She started as the guy walked up beside her and slid his arm around her waist. "What are you doing here?"
I was wearing a wig and i had a hoodie over my head, so it was impossible to see i was sick. "I'm just visiting someone" I lied. I looked down at her stomach, then up at her. "C-congratulations".
She put her hands on her stomach and smiled. "Thank you. I want to... ehm... apologize for what happened in the past. I was jealous that Hongki choosed you over me and i couldn't take it. But now... i have a family" She smiled at the guy next to her, who smiled back.
"I don't think i ever got your name?" I looked up at him.
"My name is Seunghyun, but you can call me T.O.P. I'm sorry too".
I smiled. "It's fine, it's all in the past now. I hope the three of you live a happy life" I walked past them, but Su-jin grabbed my hand and stopped me.
"Mi-cha, has Hongki got accepted for an audition yet?"
I turned to look at her. "No, he gave up".
"Is that so?" She put her hand in her pocket and took a paper out and gave it to me. "I was supposed to give this to him, but you give it to him, alright? Say you found it" She smiled and walked away with Seunghyun.

 

I opened the paper and it was an audition for a new band that was going to debut soon. It had three other members in it, but they needed a vocalist and a guitarist. This would be perfect for Hongki and Jonghun, but too bad Hongki had given up on his singing career.

 

But i had to convince him to do this. It was his dream, no matter how many times he said he was fine without music, i knew he wanted to succeed so bad. I'll show it to him when he comes here after he's done working. I smiled and walked back to my room and lied in my bed.

 

I had to think of a way to get Hongki to do this, but how? It seemed like he had given up for good, but i knew in his heart he still wanted to sing. I suddenly got tired and decided to sleep while waiting for Hongki to come.

 

 

I opened my eyes and Hongki was sitting peacefully in the chair next to the bed. He had his headphones on and his eyes were closed, but i knew he wasn't asleep as his leg moved after the beat of the music. I sat up in the bed and quietly watched him.

 

No matter how many times Hongki told me he didn't care about music anymore, i never believed it. Music still had an affect on him and as long as it did, i wasn't going to let him give up on his dream. If he did, he would be miserable for the rest of his life and he wouldn't be Hongki.

 

I rested my chin on my hands as i watched him. Seeing Hongki like this reminded me of the first time i saw him. It happened 11 months ago, at that time i had no idea he and i would become so close. It seemed like a fairytale, i had been so happy these months because of Hongki.

 

I believe it was fate that got the two of us together. One last gift before i die. It really felt like Hong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter