Moving On

When You're Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 22

"Moving On"

 

 

I slightly nodded as i kept my eyes down at the floor. "But you can't tell Hongki, promise me you wont".
He took a deep breath and grabbed my hand. "I told you i would see if you staying away from Hongki is hurting him or not, dont you think he should know about this?"
I shook my head. "No. It's better this way, i dont want to hurt him".
"You say you dont want to hurt him, but he is already hurting, Mi-cha. He's been in pain for 6 months, wondering why you havent spoken to him and when you do, you break up with him. Imagine how he feels right now".
"He will get over it. Anyway, you promised you wouldnt tell Hongki, you're not gonna break that promise, right?"
"I wont, but please, atleast consider telling him".
"Don't you think i have thought about that? I've spent most of my time in Japan thinking about what i should do. This is the best solution i can think of to protect Hongki".
"Protect Hongki from what? You?"
"Me and my sickness. If i were to die-"
"Don't say that! You're gonna get through this, so stop talking like that!"
"You don't know that and neither do i. I want Hongki to remember me as the way i was, before i got this sickness".
"You know what memory he has of you now? The girl who cheated on him. To him it's like history repeating again, he really thinks you're the one, Mi-cha. Do you really want him to remember you as the girl who broke his heart?"
"It's better than him finding out i'm sick. Since you now know, i hope you can help Hongki and make sure he doesnt find out".
"Fine, i wont tell him anything. But if he asks if i've seen you, i'm not going to lie. If he asks anything about you, i wont lie to him and i hope you will come to your senses and talk to him yourself and tell him the truth. If you don't tell him, you might ruin his life".
"R-ruin his life?"
"He can't live in this world without you, i already told you, he's decided to give up music, which is his life. Or used to be. Before you came into his life, music was always number 1 to him, but when you came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter