Goodbye

When You're Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 20

"Goodbye"

 

 

He sat on the opposite side of me on the table. We were both staring at each other. I was thinking about how i should start, what should i say? The silence lasted too long, someone had to talk. Luckily, he beat me to it.

 

"Mi-cha, what happened to you? Why didnt you come home when you said you were? It's been 6 months and i havent heard anything from you, until now. What the hell happened in Japan?" He said as he reached his hand towards me. I just looked at his hand as he was waiting for me to put my hand in his, but i never did. I took a deep breath and looked up at him and our eyes met for the first time after 6 long months.
"I'm sorry... i've met someone else". I watched him as his reaction changed. He didnt look sad, angry, happy or anything. His face had no expressions. He took his hand back and put them in his lap, and then to my surprise, he actually smiled. "Why are you smiling?" I asked him. Now it was my turn to be confused.
"You're joking, right?" His face lightened up a little. "But dont joke about stuff like that, i dont like it".
"It's not a joke" I replied him. "I met a guy in Japan".
He nodded carefully. He seemed really calm, a little too calm. "When?"
"I met him a couple of days after i arrived in Japan. He lives next door to my parents house".
"When did you... began dating him?"
"Three weeks after i arrived".
"I see. So you cheated on me? Didnt you promise you would come back after 2 months? Why didnt you come back? You should have told me, or atleast answer my calls and my texts and tell me you were dating someone else. I've spent 6 months worrying about you, wondering if you were ever coming back and all this time you have been cheating on me? Didnt you promise me you would never cheat on me? You promised you wouldnt be like Su-jin. You promised you would stay by my side forever, were all that lies?"
"I meant it... back then".
"Why cant you mean it now?" I saw he was fighting hard to hold his tears back. "Did you... love me or were that lies too?"
I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I knew i had to say this, but it would break his heart... and mine too. "I... i never loved you, i thought i did, but i was foolish back then. I should have listened to Hyunseung oppa. Him sending me off to Japan was the best thing he could ever do for me. It made me realize some important stuff about my life, what is best for me and for my future, and... i couldnt see you and me together in the future, it's better this way. You were my first boyfriend, so i naturally confused you with being the love of my life, but i know i was wrong to think that now. I know that it was mean of me to not answer you or tell you, but i wanted to tell you this in person. I only got back to Korea yesterday".
"Are you lying? Did Su-jin threaten you again? Is that why you're saying all this crap? Mi-cha, if you're lying, please dont. If Su-jin put you up to this, please, tell me".
"Su-jin has nothing to do with this, it's me who's not in love with you anymore".
"I dont believe you" He said as he put his arms on the table, looking at me. "You remember what we did, dont you? The final

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter