The Canvass and The Ball Section 1 - Chapter 6/Page 1/?

The Canvass and The Ball

Chapter 6

Ready or Not, Here Comes Love
Onew, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Jessica
Key and Minho
In Korea

Falling in Love at first sight is like Magic.
Those first Two or Three Minutes 
are Very Essential for Romance.

 

Onew and Jonghyun’s
The Visit

Key’s Place

One morning Tiffany so busy with her usual business job deadlines rests her eyes then stands and moves towards the window and lets her eyes stare calmly at the pure whiteness of the clouds.
She takes a deep breath and smiles.

 This morning is the very first time she wakes up on her own - on time - and not with the aid of her alarm clock since she could remember living in New York and still applying here in Korea until now.
Going back home, in Korea, is by far the best arrangement from other options she had planned though feeling sorry for her beloved Key, she feels happy and relaxed amidst the call of business pressures.

Remembering, it was not really hard enough for her to adapt with New York’s lifestyle as she and her late husband would regularly go for both business and leisure travels sometimes tagging along Key with them.
The transition period was easy but living in New York while doing business was a whole lot different – was enormously demanding.


While attending to their businesses, she had to take care of little Key at that time sending and picking him up from school.
She sighs in an attempt to dismiss the absurdity of whether relief or guilt when in the middle of Key’s Primary Education, he stated…

“Mom… I would like to pursue Painting and Sculpting
and be home schooled instead…please…”

 

And with Key’s decision, the days went on smoothly even if she felt sad that Key had decided to be homeschooled instead of the normal way; she understood quite clearly Key's ingenious gift talent and respected it.

Back there, she remembers how dedicated Key was even without her supervision and monitoring, he was hardworking and focused.
She would even get embarrassed that Key would get up quite early in the morning before her.

Tiffany leans her head by the window frame but continues to stare at the clouds so just so she obtains the much needed relax state she wants to attain.
At this moment, she laughs at her own contradicting present condition but somehow it pleases here that her ongoing trepidations have in some way lessened.

She knows that having a son like Key is pretty amazing and wonderful but she never discounts the fact that along with her son’s prestige brings or gives a foreseen concerns in the coming days of their stay here in Korea – pretty much she considers still an endless task of distressing anxieties.
She laughs...

“Wow, I never thought of Key to emerge someone
having such high esteem.
(breathes) Hon, if you are watching us…
are you so happy that I followed your advice
based on your impeccable sense…
I pray that at least back here, we will be able to live a normal lives…
Thank you so much for taking care and
getting me involved in what you were doing…
It was hard at first, I admit, but I managed and here I am now…
I am assuming I am and will continually be making you proud…”

Tiffany in an attempt to be keep up or work shoulder to shoulder and gets the respect of people working under her late husband’s group of companies, she fully embraced the life of initial struggles but with a clear focus of targeting a goal and that is, a well rounded business person.

She decided of enrolling in a university to acquire proper business understanding but exerted great effort to balance her works, studies and taking care of the previous younger Key.

There were few occasions that they needed to move out and stayed in other areas to accommodate Key’s furthering his painting and sculpting talents besides the latter’s being homeschooled in various studies.
Luckily enough that finding places to live was not difficult as it was rather accidental that the place Key had chosen, there present a house of their own to stay and it was only the long distance travel that she would have to endure and she did not mind that.

 

For how many years, she underwent a challenging living lifestyle and it was also a blessing that Key at such a young age could decide things on his own helping her to alleviate as it gave her a clear idea on how she could properly brought up Key.
So years passed by, Key grew.
Things went a bit lighter providing her a lot of leverage to act and decide on things quickly and there was no much effort of going into deep thinking mode of how to go about on certain issues that needed immediate attention.

Keeping in mind as to how she managed their earlier lives in New York was due to her late husband’s family friend.
She owe a lot to them that she was able to adjust so well.  

Both equally successful at the time was her husband and his up to now doing well friend, Park George Chongmin and growing up together and able to establish prosperous huge businesses worldwide; his family was of great help until finally coming to a decision that  she could do it on her own.

“Thanks heavens I made the right choices…
I need to thank Key for empowering me as well.
Just looking at how he works hard on his own has given me enormous motivation,
determination and inspiration to be like my late husband, David…
Thanks dearest Key.
 You are continuously inspiring me and look, how awesome you are today…
so far and beyond successful even combining all of David and mine’s equities…
That is how big you are Key…
and it is funny that you would just brush it off and unaffected.
You amaze me…”

Tiffany confident how her eyes have gained enough relaxation moves out of the window stretching her body yawning, flailing arms and kicking her legs like a child giggling at her own silly manners.
She almost has forgotten how good it is to feel and act this way walks to her bed and lays down. 
She pulls her cover up on her chest deep breathes and wishes she and Key could stay here forever.

“I wish Key no longer decides to go back to New York…”

She stays lying on the bed for a longer time and looking around her wide room and focusing alternately over some of Key’s considered priceless paintings and appearing from the left side of her lips - a satisfied smile.

The thought alone of having a respected artist makes her let out a small giggle of pride that has been confidently residing inside of her ever since that time she remembered the very first time Key won an international painting competition at age 9 against the best popular artists from around the world. Saying to herself...

“Wow…that was so great…
It took so long time for me to sink it all in…
amazing…hhhmm…now what about my…”

Her search for her book to read is put on hold when her phone rings…

“Hello…Oh…Hi… Onew-sii… really…
 We will all look forward to your visit.
I will let Key know about your coming over…
Okay… see you soon…take care…
by the way, is Jonghyun-ssi coming too as well…?
Oh… okay… we will wait for your arrival... bye…”


Page1 Chapter 6 Ends Here....................................next page please............