The Canvass and The Ball Section 1 - Chapter 3/Page 9/?

The Canvass and The Ball

Continuation...............................................Blue!..................Fifth page...............


All the 91Liners fall silent and accommodate themselves glancing at each other discreetly.

Taemin quickly realizes who the professor is referring to that he reacts in silent giggles prudently turns his body sideways making all the 91Liners visible in his eyes – glancing at each one of them.

Taemin’s eyes land lastly at Minho just awhile ago requested for a change of sitting position with Eli who was at Key’s backside.
Taemin widens his eyes – a stare that defines suspicions and uncovering – gesturing Minho to look back at him straight into his eyes which unfortunately to Taemin’s undertaking; fails.

At this moment, after hearing the professor’s pointed questionable inquiry of them taking Literature as according to their curriculum is only a selective subject; Nickhun and Hoya nudges on Minho gesturing for the latter to answer the professor’s question.
However, Minho just looks at them with his usual goofy innocent look and smiles sweetly and mouths the silent word ...

“NO”.
Nickhun sighs and softly murmurs…

“Hhhooii…I swear, you are the death of us…”

“Yes… Nickhun,
you are saying something…?
Please, can you tell us the reason what Literature is for you…?”

(coughs) uuhhumm… well…
I will say it based on my friend’s point of view;
it is to get insight from other’s life especially
of someone you are fascinated with almost
akin to being indulgent to his subject…
(looks at Minho and says)
right dude…?
(then smiles at Sooyoung)
Thank you…”

Minho somewhat nailed his head down to avoid being noticed by everyone when Nickhun just pointed him out.
Unfortunately, It turns out; he would have a hard time cause just as the time when Nickhun calls his attention, all eyes have been focused on him already except for Key who is in the moment seems to spacing out thinking with his mind somewhere not in this current time.

Minho glances at Key and notices that the latter is having his own moment of daydreaming or reflection.
He cannot figure out how he feels because it is as if, Key is not interested to know what is going on around him which somehow makes him feels sad.
Minho wishes that no matter how embarrassing the situation is; Key making a glimpse of his situation, could have been already such bliss to him.

Without knowing Taemin sees Minho and smirks at the latter’s behavior and taps the other left hand and thumbs him up leans his face down closer to Minho and murmurs…

“Bit frustrated are we…?”

Minho frowns at Taemin’s deriding comment and pouts causing for the latter to even more snigger at him.

And this time, Key awareness has finally awakened and immediately looks at Taemin wondering what the ruckus is all about; again, turn his body to his back to check on who is Taemin having fun with.
And thus, seeing the 91Liner now staring at Key except for Minho who at this time, turn his back due to Taemin’s making fun of him; smiles at all of them.

Hoya receiving Key’s attention before Minho kicks the latter’s chair to turn his body front, however, Minho cannot understand what his friend is trying to tell him and as a result, misses the opportunity to be seen by Key.
As a result, Hoya and Mir puff in frustration over Minho and both uttering…

“Ultra Pabo…”

Sooyoung suddenly interrupts the class…

“Okay…
eyes all here everyone…
we shall now start with the first part of our
Literature lessons for the whole semester.
Now let us see how really interested each one of you
about Literature…hhhmm… let me see…
I will shuffle this card…
(shuffles the cards) okay….
This one… Mr. Kim Key…”

“Yes, Professor Sooyoung…”

“Can you give me an example of world’s best literature…?”

“There are a lot of best literatures,
I can name so many.
I can give you five of my favorites.

  • Hans Christian Andersen, Fairy Tales and Stories
  • Paul Celan, Poems
  • Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
  • Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
  • James Joyce, Ulysses

And of course, a lot more…”

Sooyoung so impressed asks more…

“So as far as I can see, you love to read.
What else do you love to do or are you passionate about…”

(smiles) I do paint and sculpt…
(lowers his voice) as a hobby…”

Taemin watching Key’s obvious lie chokes of his controlled laughter that when Sooyoung quickly turns; he kicks Taemin’s foot to stop laughing.

“Thank you Mr. Key…
appreciate your answer…
now let’s move on ...aaahhh…
I would like to hear…
someone from the 91Liner group…
hhhmmm…but…
(lifts her pointer finger)
Am not going to schuffle…
here…interesting…Mr. Choi Minho…”

The 91Liner group gasps when Minho’s name is called, and so one of them specifically Jaejin pokes at Sungyeol pointing his lips in the direction of Minho and whispers…

“Look at him…
he’s just floating.
I think he is going to make a fool of himself again…
do something…
he’s probably not cognitive right now…”

“And what can I do for Literature for pete’s sake…”
Exclaims Sungyeol

“Be quiet you guys…!”
Orders Woohyun

Meanwhile with Key who is pretty much attentive, after hearing Minho’s name, on puckered brows wonders if what his hearing is exactly the name as stated.
And seeing Minho; Key laughs at the other’s shocked to a lifetime face.

“So Mr. Choi Minho…
can you share with us what are you passionate
about Literature and some of the authors that inspires you…”

The professor calling his name almost flummoxes Minho not because he does not have any answer because of course he likes to read as well but not those acclaimed best Literary type and also because he sees Key finally becoming aware of his existence inside the classroom delivering him totally speechless and doesn’t know where to begin.

Now, this is the time that Minho thinks…

“Why now…
the heck of this moment…
good freaking timing…”

 

Page 9 Chapter 3 Ends Here............................................next page please.......................