The Canvass and The Ball Section 2 - Chapter 8 Page 14/?

The Canvass and The Ball

Continues.................................Second page.......When you are in excess of things, it is a nice idea to give some away...



Donghae opens the door and when outside about to make a step away from Minho pauses and gasps upon seeing Minho frozen in his track.
Sighs desperately, he calls on Minho softly but firmly…

“Oooiii…
Are you going to wait for the gold pot to come near you…
Come out here and greet them…!”

Minho taken aback by his father reaction moves swiftly towards the door and smiles back giving Donghae a thumb up saying…

“Thanks Dad…”

Donghae smiles back at Minho and walk away from him proceeding towards Jessica’s room and yet again for surety sake making a quick check glance at Minho – snorts watching his son’s funny condition.

Meanwhile Minho takes several deep breaths to gain lots of strengths and courage for the upcoming challenge, confident enough, starts to walk down the stairs.
After few stairs on his way downward, he could see Jonghyun quietly seated while Key standing staring at one of the paintings on the wall.

 

Minho thankful of Key’s busy condition could muster enough preparation to meet the latter.
He first waves at Jonghyun who stands upon seeing him and quickly he recognizes by bowing down but makes a quick motion not to disturb Key which the other understand responding with a smile.

And thus, Minho starts his scene…

Minho:             Hello… Good day…

Key:                (turns around upon hearing Minho’s voice)
                       Aahh… Good day too…

Jonghyun:       Good afternoon…
                       Nice to meet you…
                       Am Kim Jonghyun…

Minho:             Nice to meet you Jonghyun hyung…
                       (faces the doubtful face of Key)
                       Key…
                       I am really sorry for my misbehavior last time.
                       I was just so stupid and so immature…
                       It will not happen again…
                       Can you forgive em and let go off it…?

Key:                (exhaling in relief and without hesitation)
                       Fine…
                       Your apology is accepted.
                        I was adamant to come here because of that incident
                       as a matter of fact…
                       I appreciate you feeling sorry about it…

Minho:             (giggling inside contains himself)
                       Hhmm…
                       Dad has asked me to come down…
                       May I know what’s the purpose…?

Key:                (gulps and quickly prepares himself)
                       Hhhmm…
                       It’s like this, I will go straight to the point.
                      Jonghyun hyung here has requested me to accompany him
                      to ask for your permission to go out and
                      regularly see your sister Jessica.
                      We have spoken to Uncle and he granted that request
                      however he mentioned that the important person
                      we need to seek permission from is you...
                      Uncle told us how protective you are …
                      (twitches lip upward)
                      Quite an admirable trait in fact, of your sister Jessica…
                      So what do you think…?

Minho poses a serious mood while gazing both at Key and Jonghyun with detecting eyes and secretly loving it; moves back and forth on a heavy deep condition as if about to battle a difficult war.
After sometime, he finally ends his put-on scenario by breathing deeply and sitting on a chair.

 

Meanwhile Key watching Minho thinking deeply thinks of a possibility that both of them might fail and will not get his permission, looks at Jonghyun - who looks currently worried and wearing a sad-eyes-puppy look - sighs in defeat.
Resigning his own pride, Key decides walking towards Minho sitting beside him and says…

“Fine…
I know you are proposing a condition…
Tell me, what will your conditions be…?”

Hearing Key’s proposal, Minho’s heart instantly leaps and starts to beat in a race.
Minho could feel his chest tightens and not to appear foolishly obvious and not being found out of his own conniving act; he turns his back away from Key.
Breathes in deeply and makes a controlled slow exhale appearing as if letting go of his sister is such a heavy decision to consider.

 

Meanwhile Jonghyun probably who has the same character as Minho – being that of a fool in which every utterance of nonsense seems like a wisdom but also a person who is not afraid to wear his heart on their sleeves  - could just afford to remain seated and watch the two interacting largely dependent on Key’s capability to persuade Minho.
 

Page 14 Chapter 8 Ends Here......................next page please..........................