The Canvass and The Ball Section 1 - Chapter 4/Page 6/?

The Canvass and The Ball

Continuation........................................................ They gave it all in a love song....................................


 

Flashbacks have stopped and Minho is now trying to get himself together before dinner time.
As he gets up from his bed, his left foot hits something hard under his bed catching his curiosity and attention – checks it under and his lips twitches to a smile being reminded of something good inside those wooden chest box.
Gently pulling out, somehow it makes him smile when the wooden has changed it color to a much deeper color tone.

The wooden box has been in his room for a very long time to the point of being almost forgotten, and now, a quite coincidental strange occurrence that it is calling him to revisit it again.
He remembers the last time he had opened the box and it was like 10 years ago.

Staring at it now gives him mix feelings of excitement and apprehension.

Minho takes a deep breath and starts to unlock the wooden chest box then smiling at the sweet odor that releases after opening it.
Then a huge grin appears on Minho’s face when on top of all of his toys are the two paintings; one is both of their heads and the other one is, him alone with a huge tree background and a ball.

Minho takes and hugs them both; stands up goes down calls on Changmin…

“Hyung…kindly… favor!”

“What is it Minho…?”

“Come to my room and bring a driller though I can do it,
just show me where I can make a hole…”

(confused) For what you need to drill a hole?”

“Paintings ….
(and smiles)

“Oh…okay…
I will go to your room.
I will get the drilling tool…”

“Thank you Changmin hyung…”

Minho smiles after placating the two 15 year old paintings inside his room.
Changmin notices Minho’s leap of excitement and says…

“Goodluck Minho…”

“Thank you hyung…
Key is very talented even at a young age…ha?”

“Yes… he is…
I hope you can be closer to him this time…”

(nods and sighs) Yes…
I really wish for that to happen…”

(waves) Okay Minho-ssi,
I will have to go now…
let me know if you need anything more, alright?”

(nods) Thank you again Changmin hyung…”

So Minho back to Key-watching and this time, jealousy rate scales higher seeing Taemin having a grand time with Key incidentally reminding him off what happened few many years ago…

________________

Minho thinks that this time perhaps Key is free and that the boy is not around to regularly visit him; excitedly hopping and running gets out of their house.
Standing infront of the gate, he takes a deep heavy breath grinning from ear to ear then gently opens the gate and sighs in relief…

“Thanks hyungs for leaving the door always open for me…”

Enters Key’s residence then rushes to the side of the latter’s main entrance door lodging his right hand on the door knob but pouts when he could not open it.
Pouting Minho turns his back from the door and walks towards one of the gazebos coming to a decision to wait for Key or get lucky enough that perhaps one of the helpers will see him and lets him in.

He has been waiting for like thirty minutes and no Key or one of the helpers comes out so getting frustrated thumps both of his hands on his knees saying to himself…

“Key, come out…where are the hyungs…?”

So he waits more, puts both of arms on top of the wooden table to rest his head.
Time has passed by and Minho falls asleep then just to be fully awakened by continuous pokes while being slightly shouted at…

“Hey… who are you…?
What are you doing here…?”

Minho groggily lifts his face up and surprised to see the boy face to face again and good enough though that he is able to recover from it then replies…

“Am here to play with Key…”

The boy gets angry and strongly tells him…

“Nobody plays with Key but me…!
Remember that…!
Now get out wherever you came from…
Get out!”

The boy grabs his hand and drag him to the main gate however Minho forces his self out from his clutch and says…

“You are so bad…
I just want to play with Key.
I am his friend too…”

“I am the only friend of Key…
(shows the main gate)
there the main gate…get out…!”

“You are so selfish and rude…
I can get out myself…!”

Angry Minho turns his head from the boy and runs towards the gate he previously entered.
Little does he know, the boy follows him and finds out where he goes out and just as Minho goes out of the main gate; the boy says…

“So this is where you enter…
(at a louder tone) You can never open this gate again.
I will make sure of that while I am here…aaahhh…
I will bring a padlock next time…”

Minho chokes to a cry that he covers his mouth to muffle his sobs and turns to face the gate and jerks when the boy speaks again…

“I know you are still there.
You are not Key’s friend…!”

Minho surrenders to his emotion let his tears fall down his cheeks and runs swiftly forcefully opening the door entering without caring to glance at anybody like his father.
Donghae worrying about Minho asks…

“Son, what is wrong…?”

Minho stops but does not lift his face and says…

“I am alright, Dad…
Please do not worry…
I will be okay.
I will go inside my room now,
if you do not mind…!”

“Okay…Minho-ssi,
I am just here… alright?”

(nods) Yes…
Dad and thank you…!”

Then after, Minho wiping his tears runs to his room open the door and goes directly to the window and gulps to see Key alone in the balcony as if looking for someone.
To Minho’s minds, he thinks frustratingly…

“You are just looking for that arrogant friend of yours…
I hate you Key…
Why do you not bother to ask of me
or just look for me from hyungs…

Do you easily forget people you meet.
And it’s just not fair that you have told me
I am your friend and not somehow look for me.”

Minho’s resentment is definitely rising towards Key especially to the latter’s friend; he gets his school bag and puts out his pencil and paper then sits on the table to write…

THIS IS MINHO.
I AM YOUR FRIEND TOO.

Puts it inside a small box and moves to the window, however, stops to have immediately realized that it might reach the other side so he goes to his cupboard of toys and gets the slingshot.

Sure where to have it land, stretches the sling rubber pocket and releases his grip of the pocket and focusing to where the object lands then nods that it falls a foot away from his bed.
And so right now, he is hoping that Key sees it.

 

Meanwhile, Key is busy fixing his things hears something and says…

“What was that…?”

Looks around and checks the source of the sound and spots an unidentified object near his bed saying to himself…

“What is that thing…?”

 

Page 6 Chapter 4 Ends Here.........no can do....I will finish this coming sunday chapter 4....................thanks a lot......