Chapter 37.

The Man in the Painting

You decided not to wait up on him like he had told you. Before you went to sleep, you had went out to buy a huge stuffed animal to sleep with since you had the feeling that this feeling was temporary, but you just wanted to make sure and bought the stupid fluffy bear. 

--

While looking around at the empty room like it was just like last night. You sighed and just decided to continue the days like usual, ending up doing your usual routine before Sunggyu was here to change it. As you took out the milk for your cereal, a note had fell down from underneath it. You bent down and picked up the soggy note and unfolded it since it looked like it was creased several times to give you a harder time of opening it. The ink looked like it was tear stained from the outside, observing it a little before settling your mind that you were going to open the random letter. 

You had finally opened it and read the contents as you dropped the milk to the ground. 

The note read: 

Sorry, I'm really really sorry. Yuna please do not cry when you read this. I can't see you cry okay? You have to be happy no matter what okay? Even until this day on, after you read this message. You have to promise me to stay strong. 

Tears slowly filled your eyes, but you quickly wiped them away. 

I really wanted to say goodbye, but it was impossible to do it. I'm really really sorry though. 
I am forever gone. Your Father had sent me back, unforunately. You know I love you right? 
I honestly didn't know that I'd vanish so quickly. 
He said that at each passing day that I'd vanish, but instead I vanished over night. 
I wish to come back to you, I do. Haha, you can probably see that the paper is damp now with my tears. I wrote this while you were sleeping and I didn't expect to cry. Don't worry about me and worry about yourself now. Pretend that I'm not here anymore okay? Throw out my clothes and you know.. anything that reminds you of me. 

I love you♥♥♥ Goodbye Im Yuna. Annyeong. 

The tears started pouring and it was impossible to stop. You dropped the letter onto the floor while you leaned onto the fridge, feeling worthless.. vulnerable. It wasn't like you got or anything, but you felt that you were deprived of your own feelings. You laughed dryly to yourself, looking up at the ceiling fan...going around..and around. 

"This is probably w-what Dongwoo was talking about.." You softly said. 

While looking down came another letter falling towards the ground like a feather. 

Yah, stop crying. I told you not to cry. Be strong okay! I'll give you all day to throw away everything okay? Do it. It'll be good for you. Forget me and go back to the lonely Yuna. The aritstic Yuna that didn't give a care in the world! 

-Sunggyu. 

Angrily. You stuffed the letter into the trashcan after reading it with tears burning your red puffy eyes.

A few minutes later, you dragged out a large black trashbag and stuffed everything that was once his. It felt like a horrible breakup yet he technically didn't break up with you. He just vanished. You knew that he was going to leave soon, but with a written out goodbye.. was what you had not expected. 

--

"Everything i-is gone." You said, wiping your eyes for the nth time. 

Everything seemed empty since you had cleaned out whatever was his since he had told you to be strong. You couldn't back out on his word. It was only 4pm as you gathered the bags and kept it in the guestroom  that you never really used. 

While grabbing all your belongings such as your purse and scarf, you headed out for a walk in the park with a heavy heart. Your mindset was on Sunggyu all day, but you managed to try and get him out of your mind for a couple of minutes until you passed the shop that had sold the mugs you and Sunggyu used to use whenever you guys drank tea or coffee. 

Sighing to yourself, you went back up the steps to your house and saw that you had forgotten to put Sunggyu's  shoes, hats, and keys into the black bag. That's when you noticed that everything was placed back inside the house. Like it was before you left. Everything of Sunggyu's were neatly placed back as if it wasn't touched or a speck of dust hadn't even touched it. 

"W-What is happening?" You asked yourself, fearfully running into the house after quickly taking off your shoes. 

On the white wall was written in black spray paint. 

You can never get rid of the stuff that gave you happiness. 

All of our tears had dried up and nothing was coming out anymore. You just ended up covering your mouth and falling to your knees. The hallway light flashed on and off. You turned quickly towards the light and jumped up, seeing what was happening. Even though you were a scaredy cat, you still had to do it. It was a signal from Sunggyu or.. possibly your Father. 

"A-Appa!"

"Sunggyu!" 

You opened the door to your bedroom and it wasn't your bedroom anymore. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the gallery.