Chapter 16.

The Man in the Painting

A few months later                                                        ►Play Music

"W-Where am I?" 

Yuna's voice echoed throughout the white room. She tried finding walls, but she felt like she was going insane; trapped into this unpleasant room that made her feel unsafe was controlling her mind. 

"Y-Yuna!" A voice echoed. 

"Sung...gyu?" Yuna walked on and on trying to find the source of the voice. 

"YUNA!" The voice echoed once again, but louder this time. 

Yuna ran towards all different directions, in hope of finding the voice that sounded too much like Sunggyu's. Yuna ran here and there. 

Here and there...

Here...

and..

There..

....that's when Yuna broke down in the white room. Yuna fell to the floor, unable to go any longer in this white void. 

"S-Sunggyu..Appa.. Dongwoo-ah.." Yuna whimpered while on her knees. 

Yuna looked around in search for anything, but everything was plain white until she spotted 2 large boxes. Yuna wiped away her tears and slowly walked towards the boxes, not even uttering a word. 

"Yuna-ah." The familiar voice deeply echoed within the white void. 

Yuna looked up, surprised. Yuna now looked down at herself and noticed that she wasn't in her pajamas. She was so knocked out in mind control that she didn't even know that she had changed into a flowy white dress, barefoot, and her hair in soft waves. 

(instead it's just the dress cr:owner)

"W-Who are you?" Yuna asked while looking up, as if searching for nothing. 

"It's Appa." Appa had replied. 

Yuna covered in shock when her Dad appeared right before her in a white suit, looking replenished and like he never died. He looked so real that Yuna had an instinct to touch him, but something refrained her from touching him. 

"Yuna-ah." Appa said. 

"Y-yeah?" Yuna asked a bit shaken up and freaked out by this sudden encounter. 

"How is life like with Sunggyu-ah?" Appa asked. 

Yuna was taken a back with the question. 

"Excuse me?" Yuna asked with wide eyes. 

"How is it with Sunggyu taking my place?" Appa re-phrased it. 

Yuna waved her hands endlessly in front her. 

"Aniya! Sunggyu isn't taking your place! It's nice being with him and all, but I swear he's not taking your place Appa!" I quickly said, not quite understanding Appa's question. 

Appa chuckled and intertwined his fingers together like he was serious. 

"I sent Sunggyu down for a reason. He's there to take care of you and take my place. I'm not offended that he's taking it or nothing. I'm the one that sent him in the first place. I thought you might need some company while I'm gone. Especially, when everyone's so busy." Appa explained with a chuckle at the end. 

"A-Appa, when are you coming back?" Yuna asked distressed. 

"What do you mean sweetie?" Appa responded, confused. 

Yuna knew she was getting this answer. It was too good to be true. She thought that reincarnation was possible, but seeing this.. it made her crazy inside. Making her want to rip off her hair in frustration, only being able to see her Father just this one time. 

"H-How did I get her?" Yuna asked as she was trembling and looking down, trying not to shed a tear. 

"You're dying right now. I channeled your thoughts to see if I can still be with you. These 2 boxes are here for you to choose. Fate is in one of these boxes and they each both signal something that you'll encounter in the future." Appa explained, pointing out each box. 

"Fate?" Yuna whispered to herself. 

"Yes Fate." Appa overheard me as I quickly shot my head up to look at him. 

"So, I just pick any box?" Yuna asked, making sure.

Appa nodded and motioned for Yuna to pick. 

I picked up the darkest box and thought that it could be fate, waiting on the other side of the painting. 

"Does this have to do with Sunggyu?" I asked. 

"It does." Appa hesitatedly replied. 

"It doesn't mean he has to go back to the painting right?" I asked another question. 

Appa hesitated for awhile and froze. He was slowly misting away and becoming smoke. Yuna ran towards his almost gone body. 

"APPA! APPA! DEONAJIMA!" Yuna screamed, lifelessly swatting the empty air as if she had seen a ghost. 

Yuna turned pale and fell to her knees. 

S-Sunggyu, please don't go back.. you're the only thing I have right now.

Yuna hugged her knees and closed her eyes, hoping that this horrible dream would go away. 

"YUNA!" She heard yelling. 

Yuna closed her eyes even tighter. 

"YUNA!" The yelling continued. 

Yuna covered her ears and wished that the person calling her name would stop. 

"YUNA!" The person let out a deafening scream. 

*a loud crash was heard*

Flashback

"Let's go celebrate!" Hoya shouted excitedly. 

"Wae?" Yuna asked, sipping on her bubble tea. 

"We just finished the family company pictures! That's gotta to be a success!" Hoya explained as if he was making any sense. 

"You just want to play around and spend money." Myungsoo said with his hands in his pockets. 

"What Myungsoo said!" Sungyeol echoed. 

"Ugh, why can't we have fun? Like go clubbing?" Hoya wiggled his eyebrows at me while nudging Yuna. 

Yuna stared at him with a -STOP IT!- look, but he kept nudging Yuna. 

"Yah! LEE HOWON STOP IT BEFORE I BREAK YOUR ARM!" Yuna shrieked, annoyed at his nudging. 

Hoya stopped abruptly and ran towards Dongwoo. 

"So, let's go get the drinks and drink at my house?" Myungsoo asked. 

"You have a house already?" Sunggyu and Dongwoo said at the same time. 

Yuna looked at them while laughing coincidentally with the others. 

"Yeah, it's pretty big. We can drink there and play some music." Myungsoo planned it out in his head. 

"Then let's go!" Sungyeol cheered as he put his arm around Myungsoo. 

"Let's head to the convenience store across the street then." Sungjong added in. 

"Then let's go!" Sungyeol grabbed Sungjong's wrist while his shoulder was around Myungsoo still. 

Everyone was walking on the cross walk until tires were screeching towards us. It was 10PM out and it was the time when usually the drunks came out and supposedly a drunk was speeding to 100mph in his car, coming towards us. 

Yuna stopped abruptly on the crosswalk to pick up her phone that fell and Sunggyu was waiting for her at the end without even noticing the car that was speeding towards Yuna. 

"Yuna~ palli!" Sunggyu gestured. 

The others stopped to wait for Yuna and they also didn't notice the car coming, but they heard the car engine and screeching. The car had it's head lights turned off and it was impossible to see in the dark right now since the convenience store was closing up, they had dimmed the lights a bit. 

"I'm com–" Yuna screamed as there was a thud to the ground. 

End of Flashback

"YAH! CALL 119 NOW!" Sunggyu yelled while supporting Yuna's head with his lap. 

Yuna was losing blood quickly as Sunggyu just panicked, waiting for Yuna to wake up. 

"Don't die.. don't die." Sunggyu pleaded quietly. 

"Y-Yuna.." The others cried out, trying to hold back tears. 

Woohyun was calling the ambulance, trying to surpress his tears. 

The ambulance immediately came and quickly did their procedures and got Yuna to the hospital safely.

Dongwoo broke down crying as Hoya was holding him in the waiting room of the hospital. They've been in the waiting room for more than 3 hours, trying to find out about Yuna's health and is she hurt or dead?

The Doctor slowly came out of the emergency room with a sigh. Everyone stood up once the doctor entered. They started bombarding him with questions like: Is she okay? Did she die? Where is she?! 

"We're sorry to inform you, but Yuna's heart has failed during the operation. We did the best we could–"

"THE BEST YOU COULD?! BULL . YOU'RE TELLING ME MY SISTER DIED?!" Dongwoo shouted angrily in tears while grabbing the Doctor by the collar. 

Another doctor ran out of the emergency room and stopped the fight from spreading any further. 

"Doctor Kim! Doctor Kim! Her heartbeat is back!" A doctor shouted while dragging the doctor back into the surgery room. 

"SHE'S STILL ALIVE!" One of the nurses screamed from inside the emergency room. 

Everyone looked at eachother as the doctor ran into the surgery room and did the procedures. The surgery doors were locked down again as everyone sat back down, waiting for the results. 

"I hope she survives.." Sungjong whimpered while covering his face. 

"Sungjongie it's okay. I'm sure she'll be fine.." Sunggyu said while patting Sungjong's shoulder. 

Sunggyu had blood all over his beige slacks. Yuna's blood in that case. Sunggyu shivered at remembering the sadness that crept over him once Yuna had hit the ground lifeless. Sunggyu clenched his fist and looked down with tears forming in his eyes. 

The first time he has ever encountered such emotions in his entire life being on Earth.. the first time. 

--

"What am I going to do? I have nobody else." Dongwoo senselessly said while walking back and forth. 

Hoya grabbed him by the shoulders and made him to turn to him. 

"Im Dongwoo. You are a man. You have your Uncle and Nana still. Stop being a wuss and it up. I don't think Yuna would like to see you like this!" Hoya tried encouraging Dongwoo. 

Dongwoo broke out crying and sobbed into Hoya's shoulder. 

After many more hours later... a nurse had came out with a mask around her face and even though they couldn't see her smile, her eyes were formed into crescents. 

"We have good news and bad news." The nurse said. 

Everyone got up from there seats and ran towards the nurse. 

"How bad is it?" Sungyeol asked while Sunggyu stayed in the back, just listening intently. 

"She has to go through intensive care and it's possible that she could have permanent memory loss." The nurse said. 

"..and the good news?" Woohyun asked. 

"She hasn't really broken anything, but her wrist is sprained and her head is injured severly. We expected a broken arm, leg, or neck since it was a pretty nasty crash. Since it was merely just a sprain of the wrist then she won't stay too long in the hospital and will be able to live at home, but she has to be watched almost every waking minute. Just in case she wakes up or has a jolt from side affects of the accident." The nurse explained. 

Some had surprised faces, some had victory all over their faces, and some just had pokerfaces to hid their emotions. 

"T-Thank Y-Y-You nurse." Dongwoo stuttered while hiccuping from the crying. 

∞∞

"Eo? Where am I now?" Yuna's voice echoed once again, but this time it wasn't white. 

There was colorful walls and a huge landscape window that you could see the beautiful view of Gangnam in. 

"Woah, daebak.." Yuna said while smiling at the nice view of street lights and people down below. 

A door creaked open as Yuna looked towards the sound to where it came from. 

A beautiful angelic young women came through the door with a surprised look on her face. I looked at her eyes and saw the direction she was looking at. There was a red haired man sitting on the floor, irritatedly rubbing his head. The woman dropped her bag due to shock and kept staring at the red haired man with widened eyes. 

I watched the scene before me. 

"Hello?" I hollered, standing in front of the women who was still wide eyed. 

Eo..she can't hear me?

"Yah, do you know where I am?" I asked while waving a hand in front of her face. 

"Who are you?" The red haired man asked as I turend around to face him. 

He was coming closer to me, but it seemed that he was actually going towards the young women. 

I watched intently at what was going to happen. 

"No, the question is w-who are you?" The young woman asked as she stepped forward cautiously.

"I asked first." The red haired man quick-wittedly said. 

I looked back and forth at them, seeing that this conversation was a bit interesting. 

"This is my studio and you popped out of nowhere. I think I should get my answer first." The young woman declared with crossed arms. 

The red haired man raised an eyebrow and squinted his eyes a bit even though you could hardly see his eyes. 

"I'm Kim Sunggyu. I'm 23 years old. April 28th, 1989. Now it's your turn." Sunggyu said comfortably standing up straightly along with a 90° bow. 

I was a bit amazed at how polite he was. Where did he come from in the first place? Is this a public gallery?

"Im Yuna. 22 years old. May 1st, 1991. Nice to meet you." The young woman supposedly named Yu– YUNA?! That's my name! This is me?

"So, where am I?" Sunggyu asked confusedly looking around the gallery. 

"You're in Gangnam, South Korea and it's currently 8PM." The person named Yuna stated. Oh, gangnam.. sounds cool. 

Sunggyu nodded his head in quick understanding as he sat down on the bench, thinking. I sat beside him while resting my hands on my lap. 

"What do you do for a living?" Sunggyu asked with a smile. 

"Woah, is this 21 questions or something? We just met! Slow your roll." Yuna said as we all laughed together. 

He patted the seat next to him and Yuna accepted the invite to sit beside him. 

"I'm a famous painter and I own 3 art buildings. One in Singapore, South Korea, and New York. How about you?" Yuna asked curiously. 

"Holy? I do?!" I shouted amazed. 

Sunggyu stared into space full of hesitation before answering Yuna. 

"You could say.. I don't do much. I came out of a painting." Sunggyu said with a sad look on his face. 

Yuna and I  patted his back at the same time when an imaginary lightbulb appeared above Yuna's head.

Where the hell did that come from?

Sunggyu and I flinched as Yuna jumped out of my seat happily. 

"How about finding your traits?" Yuna asked excitedly. 

"What do you mean?" Sunggyu asked confused.

"Like for example.. I am who I am. I'm weird, I'm lame, I run into things, I spill food, I trip, I scream about random and stupid stuff. Now you try." Yuna gestured him. I see what you're doing! I didn't know I was this smart!

"Uh, I'm goofy, I'm kind, I'm humorous, I like singing, I'm clumsy, I like yelling, I have a lot of emotions built inside me sometimes. Is that good enough?" Sunggyu asked kind of confused and where Yuna was going at, but I knew exactly where. 

Yuna smiled and gave him a thumbs up for understand. I gave him a pat on the back even though I knew he couldn't feel it. 

"Perfect Sunggyu-shii!" Yuna complimented him as he brightly smiled which sent butterflies to my stomach. Was I the only one that felt that? Did my past-self also feel that?

"Thank you! I never thought I'd find someone so helpful as you!" Sunggyu shouted in happiness before embracing Yuna into a bear hug. 

During that hug, the moonlight shone on both of them as it made our their infinite necklaces interlace with eachother and sparkle like a diamond. 

Woah, that's awesome.. OMG. This feels so weird.. what does this mean?