Chapter 2.

The Man in the Painting

   ∞ Chapter 2: So, you know nothing about life?    

 

Right now we were in my living room and it was 11pm. We were sitting together on the couch, facing eachother while drinking ginseng tea. I was talking about my life and he was talking about how it felt being in a painting. I was really connecting with Sunggyu right now and it got me thinking again, is this really fate?

"So, you know nothing about life? How did you live in that painting?" I amusingly asked. 

Sunggyu fiddled with his fingers, looking down, before responding to me. Sunggyu looked up and took a deep breath. 

"I don't know.. I was lonely." Sunggyu replied as he stared deeply into my eyes. 

"S-So, you know nothing about love right? Since that's a part of life.." I asked unsure of what I was saying. 

"Pretty much. Oh, I know that when you kiss, there's a spark! Like fireworks!" Sunggyu shouted excitedly. 

I giggled at his cute excited side as I noticed that we were both wearing penguin pajamas. When I had told him to go into my closet and pick anything from the pajama drawer.. I never knew I had two penguin pajamas. 

           

Sunggyu smiled brightly as he sipped his tea and looked at me. 

"So tell me about this thing called 'love'." Sunggyu asked brightly. 

"What do you mean?" I asked unsure of how to explain it. 

"What is love?" Sunggyu responded with a sparkle in his eye. 

LOVE? How do I explain this? 

"U-Uh, What is love? ..Love is when one person knows all of your secrets... your deepest, darkest, most dreadful secrets of which no one else in the world knows and yet in the end, that one person does not think bad of you or anything; even if the rest of the world does." I explained as Sunggyu nodded like he understood. 

 

What did I just say? I don't even know where those words came from.. 

"So, for example.. it's like a best friend?" Sunggyu asked a little confusion hinting in his voice. 

I stared at Sunggyu as I thought about it. It is pretty similar..After thinking about another explanation, Sunggyu yawned like a little hamster as I exploded inside. 

"U-Uh, it's like a best friend.. but you do more and more things with your best friend." I tried explaining. 

"Then I think I understand what love is. I want to feel it someday." Sunggyu said with a charming smile before yawning cutely again. 

"H-Hey, it's getting late. Let's go to bed." I nervously said as I headed to my room. 

"Erm.. what is going to bed?" Sunggyu asked while scratching the nape of his neck. 

I stopped at the first step of the staircase and my heels to face Sunggyu. 

"It means let's go to sleep." I said. 

"W-Where do I sleep?" Sunggyu asked with a stutter. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about where he was going to sleep.. it wouldn't hurt for him to sleep in the same bed as me right? 

"You'll be sleeping in my room." I replied, motioning him up the stairs. 

By the time we got into bed, it was 1AM. We had talked for at least 2 hours in bed yet we were laying next to eachother so comfortably. 

[Listen To This: Na Yoon Kwon ft. IU - It's First Love]

I couldn't sleep. I crept out of bed slowly while putting the left over blanket over Sunggyu's once in a while squirming body. 

I slowly walked towards the curtains that covered my large window. There wasn't a single sound in the house as I opened the curtains to show a lively Gangnam underneath me. There was a seat in the corner as I pulled up a chair in front of the window. I just sat there, looking out to Gangnam while smiling restless. Then, I looked up and wondered how my Dad was doing. Wondering what Dongwoo was doing.. wondering how Mom was too. Every one of my family members, thinking of the old memories as it flashed like a movie in my head. 

A tear slowly went down my left cheek as I laughed a little, glancing up and down once in a while. There was a sound behind me, but I paid no attention to it as I just laughed and cried to myself. 

A chair slowly came beside me without my notice as Sunggyu hugged his legs tiredly on the the chair, watching me cry and laugh. 

"Why are you crying so late at night?" Sunggyu asked in a husky sleepy voice. 

I turned to him a little surprised to see him there. I also hugged my legs on top of the chair as I rested my head on my knees. 

"Just thinking about memories. Also I couldn't sleep." I replied to his question. 

Sunggyu took my chin and lightly wiped the tears off of my face with his thumb. His eye smile appeared as he sleepily brought my head to his shoulder. 

Sunggyu slowly laid his head on mine as we took my hand and kissed my knuckle before bringing me closer to him. I smiled as we both looked into the sky full of stars. 

Thank you Father for giving me Kim Sunggyu. I knew I wouldn't be alone while you were gone. Thank you so much. 

After being grateful for Sunggyu, I soon drifted off to sleep while resting my head on his shoulder. 

"Are you asleep?" Sunggyu whispered as he took a peek at my face. 

Sunggyu smiled to see me crept up right beside him, hugging his arm and having an angelic expression on my face. Sunggyu moved away my bangs that were covering my face as he took note of my facial features. 

"Just like Mr. Im said.. she would be a beauty when she grew up." Sunggyu said to himself as he smiled and rested his head on yours again. 

Sunggyu, take care of my daughter. You're the only one I trust. I will not send you back into the painting unless you wish to, thank you for being there for my daughter when I'm not. 

Sunggyu soon drifted off to sleep as he smiled to himself in his sleep. 

 

  ∞∞  


Kydelee's Note: 

Yay! 2nd chapter already! :D Isn't it so darn fluffy that it's giving you diabetes? Well, actually it's not that fluffy, but it's somewhat...cute? Uhh, no? LOL. Whatever you call it. 

I be derpin'.

Like a true derp. 

 

ANNYEONG~ ♥♥♥

Before I go! 

Check out Introduced Fanfics! They've advertised my fanfic on their page! It helps a lot actually lol. 

Remember to: SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, UPVOTE, AND SHARE

sincerely, authornim | kydelee