Chapter 12.

The Man in the Painting

11

 

"Hello Charles! It's nice to see you again!" I exclaimed while hugging his fragile old body. 

"It's nice to see you too little guppie!" Charles replied as he ruffled my hair. 

"Who are these 2 young men?" Charles raised his eyebrows teasingly as I slapped his arm playfully. 

"This is Lee Sungjong and Kim Sunggyu. Mister Lee is my secretary and Mister Kim is an intern and family friend." I told Charles. 

"Delightful! Now, excuse me. I have to go stuff a wealthy turkey! Toodles~" Charles waved while leaving me with the boys. 

I turned around to face them with my arms crossed and thought about what I should let them do. Sungjong's English is pretty bad..Sunggyu can't speak a word of it and.. well, I'll just keep them with me. 

"Oppa." They both turned to look at me. 

"Go sit at that table and I'll bring you water." I told them before running off to the kitchen. 

Sunggyu and Sungjong followed my orders and sat down, just looking at everyone awkwardly. I took a quick glance at them before heading into the kitchen with a smile.

This kitchen was all too familiar to me. There were people running around, preparing the food with sweat dripping down their foreheads as I walked past a few of them. I used to come into this kitchen when I was little. The memories flooded me with the past while I smiled. 

"Miss Im? Is that you?" My favorite Nanny said with a smile and wide arms for me. 

I opened my arms wide and ran to her quickly, without bumping into anything and creating a disaster. 

"It's nice to see you again~ And my, my, my! You look gorgeous!" My favorite Maid complimented me. 

"Thank you Ahsha. I can't believe you still work here! It's great to see you again." I excitingly squealed. 

"I have to go back to working. I'll see you outside later!" Ahsha said as she pecked my cheek and went to her cooking station. 

"Hmm, time to get water." I told myself with my hands on my hips. 

»∞♥«

"We have a special guest for tonight. Yuna Im from South Korea came over to London and you're all in her very own house that her great great grandfather constructed!" Charles exclaimed into the phone. 

A spotlight came upon me as I blocked the bright light with the back of my hand. I turned to see Sungjong giving me a thumbs up and Sunggyu giving me the most confused look ever. Since everyone was staring at me; I soon stood up and arrived at the stage with Charles. 

"This wasn't in the memo." I said softly with clenched teeth. 

"I was just informed not too long ago." Charles also said with clenched teeth. 

I rolled my eyes, making it look like I wasn't being rude or anything. 

A bunch of  important people came up and shook my hand and said 'Thank you, for the wonderful artwork and house!' or something like that. Some of them had REALLY thick british accents and I had no idea what they were saying so I just stood there and shook their hand while nodding and smiling. 

I soon got to go back to the hotel after my little fanmeeting with.. uhh, old people? Sunggyu is sharing a room with Sungjong and I'll be rooming by myself. 

I jumped into bed after taking a relaxing bath and taking a few hours of my beauty sleep to talk to Sunggyu about some things. 

For example:

"What would happen if I went back to the painting?" Sunggyu asked while looking down. 

"I would be alone..and I would have to go back to my regular routine of going to work by myself and sleeping by myself." I told him as I nodded my head. 

"Oh.. do you want me to go back?" Sunggyu asked as he looked into my eyes. 

I hesitated for a moment before replying to him. Did I really want him to stay? Do I like him?

"...I-I don't want you to go back." I stuttered without even noticing. 

"When do you think I should go back?" Sunggyu softly responded as he grabbed my chin for me to look up at him.

I moved my face away from his hand and looked the other way awkwardly.

"Never." I mumbled only for me to hear.

"Huh? Repeat that again. I didn't hear you." Sunggyu asked as he got closer to my face.

I was still turned, but once I turned back to face him. Our lips had touched.

We both had wide eyes until we both pulled away quickly, noticing what we were doing.

Sunggyu and I looked the other ways while blinking uncontrollably at just what happened.

"U-Uh, I think I should let you sleep. Good night." Sunggyu quickly said before tripping over my suitcase and tumbling towards the door embarrassingly.

I touched my lips and smiled.

That was my first kiss with Sunggyu..  

"Oh my god.. my lips. My lips..touched another person's lips. Especially the girl I'm supposed to protect! WHAT IN THE– My heart.. it's beating crazily again! Stop it heart!" Sunggyu ran to his hotel room while beating his chest constantly not knowing why his heart was beating endlessly while he was with Yuna. 


A/N: :)) I liked this chapter. I LIKE THAT FONT COLOR TOO! It's so pretty~ Hehe.