Chapter 25.

The Man in the Painting

A FEW MINUTES BEFORE THE PARTYYYYY~ 

"Aigoo..what am I going to do?" I asked myself, pacing around in the room all ready. 

"Should I asked Sunggyu to walk me out and into the party or.. Aish! Yuna get your head on straight! Of course he'll say yes." I said to myself, being foolish. 

*knock knock* 

I jumped up in alarm and slowly made my way towards the door yet I was taking deep breaths since I knew Sunggyu was right behind it. I opened it slowly while peeking my head through. Sunggyu smiled and waved a little. 

"Are you ready?" Sunggyu asked. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm ready. Let me grab my ba–"

"I already have your purse and your jacket. Let's go~" Sunggyu pulled me out of the room. 

"O-Okay." I replied, being dragged my Sunggyu. 

--

We got to the party and there were photographers, reporters, and other people that worked for the media. Since a lot of famous people were attending, they thought they needed to capture everything. Though they weren't supposed to get inside the party without a profile check or unless they're a guest with the famous person they're with. 

"Oppa, stick close okay?" I said, taking off my jacket and handing to Sunggyu who was smiling brightly. 

"Okay Yuna-ah~" Sunggyu singsonged. 

"So, you can look sophisticated..Thank god I asked for tinted black windows! Switch seats with me so it looks like this is your car." I ordered. 

We switched seats and I looked at him in the drivers seat. We need to get you a drivers liscense..quick.I motioned for him to step out as he obeyed my orders. As we walked out together arm and arm, everyone started taking pictures of us walking together. There were whisperes about Sunggyu, wondering if he was my boyfriend. People were surprised to see me with someone other than Nana, Hoya, Sungjong, or Dongwoo. Sunggyu looked straight-forward and kept walking me towards the entrance of the party. 

Once we got there, Sunggyu let out a deep breath. I patted his back worriedly. 

"Yah, are you okay?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah, I just couldn't breathe with all those lights." Sunggyu breathed in and out. 

We weren't completely inside the entrance and paparazzi saw Sunggyu hyperventillating as they thought about a good story to write this on. I quickly glanced at the paparazzi before helping Sunggyu into the lobby of the hotel the party was at. 

"Yah, kwaenchanha?[Are you okay?]" I asked, sitting him down and handing him the water that I usually kept in my bag. 

"Ne..kwaenchanhayo.." Sunggyu replied, coughing a bit. 

"Let's stay in here for now until you feel better. I don't want you to faint or something." I said with a smile. 

"T-Thanks Yuna-ah. Do you mind if I lay down awhile?" Sunggyu asked. 

"Wait, let me ask the women up front if she can give us a first floor room." I said before walking away. 

--

"Aish, that lady thinks we're going to do something gross.." I told Sunggyu as I helped him up. 

Sunggyu was coughing badly, but he managed to let out that annoying smirk that made him look hot once in a while. Sunggyu limped past the receptionist as she looked at us sadly. Probably disappointed about her erted remark. Serves you right! 

I helped Sunggyu remove his blazer so he can breathe properly as he sat down on the bed and laid against the board. I stared at him from a distance on the couch, worried that he might throw up or pass out just by the camera lights. He was born out of a painting so I wouldn't see how he wouldn't be afraid of bright lights like that. After regaining some of my memories.. I noticed that it was dark in the gallery when I first met him. So, that's probably why. 

"Can you dim the lights please?" Sunggyu hoarsely asked. 

My thoughts were interrupted as I went to go dim the lights that was 2 arm lengths away from him. 

"Is this good?" I asked, adjusting the lights. 

"Sit with me." Sunggyu suddenly said. 

"W-What?" I asked surprised. 

"I'm not going to do anything to you! Just sit with me~" Sunggyu begged. 

"F-Fine." I gave into his cuteness. 

We stayed silent for a few minutes and just sat there together. 

"We're not attending the party are we?" Sunggyu asked. 

"Pretty much." I replied. 

"I'm s-sorry." Sunggyu guiltily said, looking down. 

"W-what? No, it's fine Oppa. I don't really like parties either.. This is a party with a lot of Rich playboys. Hey, at least we attended it." I said positively. 

"Haa, yeah. Thank you for staying with me." Sunggyu laughed dryly. 

I patted his back and ruffled his hair. 

"Anytime. If you need anything I'm always here.. Literally, I'm usually always here." I joked around. 

Sunggyu finally put on a real smile and laughed whole heartedly. 

"Do you mind if I sleep?" Sunggyu asked. 

"Do you mind if I head out to the party and tell Nana what happened?" I asked. 

Sunggyu raised one eyebrow as I laughed and playfully hit his harm. 

"I swear I'll be back and just so you can trust me.. I'll bring my iPad and put it on FaceTime so you can video chat with me until we get all the way towards Nana okay?" I assured him. 

"Haha, that sounds awesome. Maybe you can sneak me a–"

"I'm not letting you drink beer. Here's the video chat. I'll be back." I said before leaving the room. 

--

"Nana~" I softly called out over the classical music and going through the people dancing slowly together, pushing their bodies together as if there was NO such thing as space. 

"Excuse me~ Excuse me." 

"Miss Im!" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned around slowly to meet the eyes of Hoya who was playing the formal act. 

"Dude, I thought you were someone else." I exhaled a relieved sigh. 

Hoya chuckled and put his arm around me. I could hear Sunggyu yelling through the phone, telling Hoya to take his arm off of me. I laughed and Hoya caught me laughing by myself. 

"What are you laughing about?" Hoya asked, escorting me towards the table Nana and Dongwoo were chatting at. 

"Sunggyu." I laughed, staring at my phone. 

Hoya looked at my phone and waved at Sunggyu. 

"Annyeong Hyung!" Hoya waved through the phone. 

Sunggyu gruffly replied 'Hi' and with a rough wave. I laughed and hurriedly told Nana before getting back to Sunggyu. 

"Unnie, Sunggyu doesn't feel so well so we'll be in room 25. I'm going to watch over him and then take him home when he's feeling better. Sounds good?" I said quickly. 

"O-Oh, sure. Get outta here and take care of yourboyfriend." Nana said the last words fast, that Dongwoo and Hoya didn't understand.. but I unforunately did. 

"Yah.." I said, walking away backwards and then turning to meet the chest of someone. 

"What's up?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Nothing much. I just gotta go check up on Sunggyu since he's sick I think." I replied. 

"Oh, then see you at work." Myungsoo waved with a bright smile. 

"See you~" I responded and waved back, runnning away to Sunggyu. 

--

"You're finally here." Sunggyu said. 

"I went to get you headache medicine. Eat it with this water." I commanded, handing him the pill and water. 

"Thanks.. we can leave right after I take the medicine." Sunggyu informed me. 

"Sure." I replied. 

--

"Are you tired or anything?" Sunggyu asked me as I dipped in and out of slumber while driving which wasn't safe at all. 

"One more...block..to the house." I murmured, almost going out of sleep. 

That's when I heard someone yelling my name. 

Sunggyu yelling my name.