Chapter 35.

The Man in the Painting

"Hey, go grab the milk and I'll see you at the cash register." I said as I walked away while waving to Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu waved back and went to go search for the milk. There was a small piece of paper by the milk section as he looked around before picking it up. It read: 

...you don't have much time.

-xxxx

Shivers immediately went down Sunggyu's back as he dropped the paper onto the floor. Sunggyu was trembling yet he quickly grabbed the milk and ran off to find you. Once he finally found you, he tackled you into a hug making you drop your grocery list. 

"Y-Yah, what's wrong?" I asked, surprised by the sudden hug. 

"I g-got scared and decided to run and hug you." Sunggyu said, hugging me tighter and tighter. 

"I-I can't breathe oppa." I said under his embrace. 

"Sorry." Sunggyu untightened the hug and let go of me. 

I stared at him with my hands on my hips before feeling his forehead to check if he was having a fever of some sort. He was warm, but not at the part of being sick. I sighed and pulled him towards the cash register with all the stuff we had gotten as I paid for it. Sunggyu took the drivers seat while driving towards the house. 

Sunggyu glanced out the window and there was someone writing, shocking Sunggyu. Sunggyu pulled over harshly onto the curb which made Sunggyu and I jolt foreward, banging my head against the dashboard. Luckily, we had seatbelts on. 

"YAH!" I yelled out, rubbing my forehead. 

"Kwaenchahna?" Sunggyu grabbed my head and kissed it for me. 

"No, but are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." I put my hand on his face and it was cold. 

"Switch me seats. I'll drive." I smiled as I got out of the car along with Sunggyu. 

We switched seats and finally got to the hous without any worries. 

--

You will soon vanish at each passing day.

-xxxx

Another note had said which appeared to come from the fridge when he was putting away the milk and other cold items. He stepped away from the fridge and had noticed that his hand was vanishing slowly. Sunggyu immediately when to find gloves from the kitchen drawings as he put it on. 

I walked in on Sunggyu digging through the kitchen drawers once he had put on gloves on a hand I didn't see. What is happening? I made a little noise to signal that I was in the kitchen now and he jumped in the air, running towards the other cold items while stuffing them inside the fridge.  

Where did his hand go? Is that why he's covering it up? He's been acting strange lately.. I questioned myself a bit before heading to bed with him. There were footsteps pacing around as I came from underneath the covers and saw him walking around, saying something to himself. 

"Oppa?" I managed to croak out despite how tired I was right now. 

He turned to me surprised that I was awake. 

"Yeah, its me. Did I wake you up?" Sunggyu replied walking towards me. 

"Yeah.. go to sleep. You must be tired." I said. 

"O-Oh okay." Sunggyu said as got onto the bed and hugged my waist to sleep.