Chapter 19.

The Man in the Painting

"Yah, what are you doing here?" Dongwoo asked me, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. 

"I-I wanted to see how my big brother was doing. It's okay for me to visit right?" I asked shyly since I had interrupted his dance class and now all eyes were on me. 

"N-No, it's fine Yuna-ah. You're my little sister so it's fine." Dongwoo stuttered while wiping the sweat off. 

"15 minute break." Dongwoo called out before leading me to his office. 

I heard exasperated sighs as I giggled inside a bit. 

"THANK GOD." One of the dancers cried out loud. 

Dongwoo seem to have heard it and stuck his head out of the office with a playful grin. 

"Zelo-shii, 30 pushups now." Dongwoo said as he poked his head back inside the office and closed the door. 

"So, how's your head? I heard from Sunggyu hyung that you've been getting a few memories back right?" Dongwoo questioned while drinking down a bottle of water. 

I waited for him to finish drinking before I started talking. 

"Well, Sunggyu is doing a great job getting them back. I don't know why I feel so comfortable around him. We even have couple mugs haha." I laughed, but stopped after seeing the sudden change of expression on Dongwoo's face. 

"O-Oppa.. are you okay?" I asked putting my hand 0n his shoulder. 

"Does he sleep over?" Dongwoo asked not even looking at me. 

"It's the first time I've ever been in the house since the accident.. I'm not sure." I pondered. 

"Well, don't get too comfortable with him. Who knows? He could break your heart." Dongwoo shrugged off the cold feeling inside him and let it slide. 

"Haha, we're just friends Oppa. Don't get worked up. By the way.. can I ask a question?" I softly said at the end. 

"Say anything you want! I'm an open book." Dongwoo imitated an open book. 

I giggled as we laughed together before getting back to the question. 

"...where's our parents?" I asked. 

Dongwoo's anticipating smile turned into a deep frown. I noticed his sudden change of attitude and knew something wasn't right. 

"Yah, Oppa. Did you hear me?" I asked, waving a hand in front of him. 

Dongwoo snapped back into reality and gulped down the sad lump in his throat before answering. 

"Well, our parents.. are both – uhh, dead." Dongwoo managed to choke out without breaking into tears. 

"O-Oh.. sorry I asked." I quickly apologized, noticing how tense he had gotten. 

"N-No it's fine. They're your parents too so there's no reason to apologize for wanting to know." Dongwoo assured while patting my head. 

"Our 15 minutes are almost up. How about we eat breakfast tomorrow? Just the two of us to catch up with. What do you say?" Dongwoo asked as he gently grabbed both of my hands and pulled me out of the chair. 

I followed him out the door with him still holding my hands and the students going 'ooohh!'. I blushed and smiled. 

"That would be nice Oppa. Call me tomorrow when you want to go then." I said, waving bye to the students and Dongwoo. 

After I left, the students decided to spark up some questions. Dongwoo turned around on his heels and noticed his whole entire class standing right behind him, closely staring at him with twinkling eyes. 

"Who was that Mister Im?" Changjo poked Dongwoo's arm. 

Dongwoo furrowed his eyebrows and made his way to the middle of the dance room with a smug grin. 

"She's my sister. Im Yuna. Now get back to dancing!" Dongwoo shouted, upsetting the kids a bit. 

"Hyung~ let's get a day off for today eo?" Zelo begged. 

Everyone turned to look to see if it worked. Dongwoo slowly put his hand up to make it look like he was going to pat Zelo's head, but instead he smacked his head. 

"YAH! There's no such as a day off! Aish, bunch of morons. Get to dancing before I make you dance something much more complicated!" Dongwoo shouted, bring a ruler out of his pocket and smacking the stereo loudly so everyone would move quickly to their places. 

--

"Here's your flowers sir. Have a nice day." Sungyeol said while handing tulips to a middle aged man. 

"Thank you son, you're really handsome. I hope you find a lady someday." The middle aged man grinned and bowed. 

"You're welcome sir. Please come again." Sungyeol bowed politely, once he got up from his bow he saw me walking in through the entrance. 

"Y-Yuna? Is that you?!" Sungyeol shouted excitedly. 

I turned and noticed his voice while giggling. Sungyeol jumped over the counter and ran to me with open arms. I accepted his big hug as he spun me around in joy. 

"Thank you for coming! It's so boorring here~" Sungyeol whined while holding my hand. 

"Haha, luckily I came then right?" I said. 

"VERY LUCKY. So, what are you doing here?" Sungyeol pulled out a stool for me from inside the counter and gestured for me to sit down next to him, behind the counter. 

"Well, I wanted to visit everyone. I visiting everyone by location." I said. 

"So, Sunggyu and Sungjong are next after this?" Sungyeol asked with a slight pout. 

I tapped his lips as he smiled. 

"Also Hoya. Since he just works upstairs." I added in. 

"Ohh, looks like someone has already gotten the strings down after only one day! Good job!" Sungyeol praised me while ruffling my hair. 

"Yah! I'm not a dog." I swatted his hand away, fixing my messed up hair. 

"Aigoo~ you're a very cute dog Yuna-ah." Sungyeol complimented me with a cute smile. 

I decided to mess with him too. 

"Aigoo~ you're such a cute puppy Sungyeolie!" I cooed, petting his head like an actual dog. 

We glared at eachother for 1 split second and laughed in our seats. That's when a young women entered the shop, looking awfully sad. 

"Looks like I'm going to be busy.. How about you head over to the other guys and I'll call you. Sounds like a good plan?" Sungyeol whispered to me with a thumbs up. 

"Absolutely Yeolie-ah." I patted his head and waltzed out of the store happily. 

--

"Aww~ you decided to visit me Yuna-ah? You're so kind!" Sungjong was kindly touched as he touched his heart. 

I laughed and looked for Sunggyu. 

"Where's Sunggyu?" I asked. 

"He's upstairs. He goes up there to think. He'll be right down in a few minutes so you can wait down here with me." Sungjong smiled. 

"Okie doke." I replied and headed to an empty cubicle. 

--

Sunggyu came downstairs with papers in his hands as he saw me resting my head on his desk. Sunggyu looked around and it looked like Sungjong went to the copy room to get more computer paper. Sunggyu laid down the papers on another desk as he peeked to see if Yuna was awake or asleep. 

As Sunggyu was peeking, I lifted my head while yawning and also in the process of hitting my head against Sunggyu's chin. I rubbed my head and looked up irritatedly. 

"Yahh~ why was your chin there?" I whined, rubbing my head. 

"Why are you sleeping on my desk?" Sunggyu defended himself with crossed arms. 

I looked around the desk and saw Sunggyu's name card attatched to the cubicle. 

"Mianhae.." I softly said, while getting up. 

"It's okay, I was just checking if you were asleep or not." Sunggyu said as he sat down and his computer. 

Sunggyu pulled out a chair and motioned for me to sit on it, which I did. 

"So, what brings you here?" Sunggyu asked, typing onto the computer. 

"That's what everyone else asked haha. I'm just here to see what you guys are up too. Just to help my boredom ya know?" I said, rocking back and forth in my chair. 

"Who are you seeing next then?" Sunggyu asked curiously with his full attention on me this time. 

"Hoya Oppa.." I smiled. 

"O-Oh, well he's on lunch break soon. You better catch him before he's gone." Sunggyu briefly looked at his watch. 

"Thank you Sunggyu. I'll see you later okay?" I said as I got out of my seat and waved goodbye quickly. 

--

"You prepared me lunch?" I asked with a gasp. 

Hoya pulled me towards his office desk as he pulled out a chair for me. I sat down and laughed at his attempt to make this somewhat romantic. 

"Hoya, this is just lunch.. nothing really romantic about it." I said. 

"Yah~ just go along with it. I've been having a moody day and you just made it better." Hoya replied while putting salad into his mouth. 

"So, I have a question." I said while eating my sandwich. 

Hoya looked up from his food with a raised eyebrow. 

"And this question is..?" Hoya trailed off. 

"What are we?" I asked. 

I noticed Hoya look surprised. 

"W-We're best friends... you could say." Hoya stated. 

Hoya rubbed his neck nervously and it stayed awkward for the rest of the lunch. 

"Where are you going after this?" Hoya asked. 

"Woohyun and then Myungsoo's last." I stated. 

"Do you want me to come with you? It's getting dark fast." Hoya offered. 

"No, I got it." I assured. 

"Well, if your head hurts or anything then call me. I'm number 1 on your speed dial also so no need to look for my number." Hoya smiled as he grabbed my hands and escorted me out of the office and into the lobby. 

"I'll see you later okay? Annyeong Yuna-ah." Hoya kissed my forehead suddenly and ran up to the elevator while repeatedly clicking the 'close doors' button with the most brightest smile ever on his face. 

Sunggyu was watching everything as he clenched his fist. 2 more hours of work and then I'm done.. Sunggyu said to himself while breaking the pencil in his hand. 

"Woah, hyung. Calm down! We don't have an unlimited supply of pencils." Sungjong exclaimed surprised at Sunggyu's actions. 

"O-Oh sorry.. I was thinking of something and I happen to break the pencil." Sunggyu nervously said with a smile. 

"Well, let's get back to filing all this and making appointments. Hwaiting!" Sungjong made a fist. 

Sunggyu made a fist back and lightly moved his fist. 

"Hwaiting." Sunggyu softly said as he retreated towards his seat. 

--

"Oh who is this chubby bunny?" Woohyun said as soon as he saw me at the front door. 

I rolled my eyes and smiled. 

"Nice to see you too, Oppa." I stated, inviting myself into his house and plopped onto his beige leather couch. 

"So, what brings you here?" Woohyun asked, leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets. 

"Well, that's what everyone else asked ugh. I'm just here to hang out for a bit before I head over to Myungsoo's." I stated. 

"Where are you going after Myungsoo's?" Woohyun asked, sitting beside me on the couch. 

"Home of course.. I don't know where I would go afterwards. Silly Woohyun." I giggled as I hit his shoulder. 

"Yah, my shoulder is hurt now. Who's going to heal it? A kiss on the cheek would make it all better~" Woohyun singsonged while leaning on me. 

"Aish, you're so greasy Woohyun." I said. 

"At least you don't call me Namstar anymore haha." Woohyun mentioned. 

I turned towards him, suddenly interested. 

"Namstar right? I'm definitely calling you that again then! It's going to haunt you all your life Oppa– I mean Namstar!" I exclaimed in the midst of laughing my off. 

"Yah~ aish. I shouldn't have told you." Woohyun gruffly said. 

"Don't worry greasy Namstar! You're still Woohyun." I assured him with a pat on the head. 

"Of course I am. My parents gave me that name!" Woohyun stated with a laugh. 

"Yes.. yes.. Well, I have to go now. I'll see you later.. Namstar." I got up and left a frustrated Woohyun who sent me flying hearts all the way to the sidewalk. 

I laughed and headed towards Myungsoo's house which wasn't too far from Woohyuns. It was somewhat chilly and it was getting dark. There was dimly lit alleyways that had people in it from either a club or just getting drunk. I quickly walked towards Myungsoo's house and knocked on the door repeatedly, suddenly getting scared of being outside. 

"Myungsoo Oppa.. palli." I hurriedly said while knocking on the door. 

"Annyeonghase– Yuna, what are you doing here?" Myungsoo asked confused. 

"I just wanted to visit you. Is that something I can't do?" I pouted. 

Myungsoo pulled me in while locking the door before anyone could see him bring you in. 

"I've been in hiding for a couple of hours because there's a few photographers out there trying to get my picture. I've been trying to avoid them and I'm pretty sure they took pictures of you.." Myungsoo stated, pacing around the room. 

"Myungsoo you're creating a draft." I stated. 

"Oh, sorry. I don't know what to do.." Myungsoo said hopelessly, jumping on the couch right beside me. 

"I'm sorry for coming.. You might have scandals now." I guiltily said. 

"It's okay, it'll help my reputation haha. I can already see the headlines. 'Kim Myungsoo is dating famous painter Im Yuna?'.. it's totally worth it though since you're my friend." Myungsoo smiled. 

I nodded in understanding as we laughed together a bit.

"So, they've been out there for quite some time right?" I asked. 

"Yep.. almost all day." Myungsoo stated. 

"That ." I replied. 

"Yep.. hey, do you need a ride home?" Myungsoo asked as he picked up his coat. 

"U-Uh yeah. I don't think Dongwoo would like me to take public transportation at night." I said. 

Myungsoo chuckled and agreed while holding my hand and taking me to the car. 

--

"SO BORING." I shouted in my house. 

I laid flat on my bed and drifted off to sleep, but I heard a door opening and shuffling of feet. 

Ergh, too tired to see.. I don't care who it is now. 


A/N: SHOUT OUT TO tikedale

She found the chapter for lazy authornim kydelee. :D LMAO! I hope you enjoyed this 'long' chapter lol.. this is my definition of long.. xD I don't know what yours is. 

Anyways, Subscribe, comment, and upvote please!  I appreciate the comments so much! ♥♥