Chapter 4.

The Man in the Painting

  ∞ Chapter 4: Any Other Day ∞  

1 week​ later

 

[Listen to this: Milktea - 초콜렛군 오렌지양]

It was just like any other day. I had gotten used to Sunggyu sleeping in my bed, nothing really happened. Sunggyu would come with me everywhere and we'd create many memories. 

I've offically fell in love within this short period and I was never going to let Sunggyu out of my sight. Everyday we would see eachother in the morning and it was a new feeling every single day. How he cutely sat criss crossed on the bed, watching me get ready for work as he just sits there rubbing his eyes and yawning like a little hamster. 

Today, I had to go to fly to California and it was early in the morning right now. I needed to get Sunggyu's passport prepared and his working visa fixed. 

Yeah, this man had a passport, papers for visa, everything! He came out of a painting with things he'll need to survive in this world, but he didn't have money. That was the only thing we couldn't find in his pockets. 

"Oppa, come over here." I motioned for Sunggyu to come to the check out desk to sign his name on the dotted line. 

Sunggyu walked over tiredly as he quickly signed his name. I clapped my hands and he flinched and smiled. 

"Now let's go home and pack!" I excitedly said before ruffling his hair and earning a groan from him. 

We arrived at the airport and I made sure we had everything. Dongwoo and Howon questioned why Sunggyu was coming with me and I told them word for word that "Sunggyu used to help Dad run the business." Dongwoo and Howon totally bought that. 

"Sunggyu let's go." I motioned for him to head outside to the airplane. 

"Okay, wait let me tie my shoes!" Sunggyu said until he remembered, he doesn't know how to. 

"Y-Yuna?" Sunggyu shouted over the loud airplane. 

I turned around hearing my name as I saw Sunggyu standing in the same place. I walked over to him as he looked somewhat panicked. 

"What?" I asked while laughing. 

"I don't know how to tie my shoes. Can you tie it for me?" Sunggyu asked with a half smile. 

"Of couse. Watch closely okay?" I told him as I slowly demonstrated how to tie a shoe. 

Sunggyu nodded in understanding as he quickly said 'Thank you' while dragging me onto the plane. 

-∞∞∞-

Sunggyu put on the glasses I told him to put on because it was really sunny when we got off the plane. Sunggyu stretched and yawned as I patted his back to follow me. 

We entered the airport as I looked for my driver; Nam Woohyun. Dongwoo's bestest friend in California. Woohyun and I weren't that close to eachother, but he always offered to show me around California and drive me around if I needed anything. He was just that sweet. 

"Oppa, c'mon!" I giggled as I grabbed his hand throught he crowd of people getting out of the terminal. 

"Yuna!" I heard a shout from outside the airport. 

There was Woohyun flailing his arms all over the place by the doors. I nodded to Sunggyu to reassure that Woohyun was nobody bad. Sunggyu and I quickly walked over to Woohyun with our luggage. 

"Namstar!" I shouted as he glomped with a hug. 

"Yah, what did I say about that nickname? Huh?" Woohyun said with a chuckle. 

"That it makes you sound like a star." I rolled my eyes while laughing. 

"Exactly, it's kind of awkward when you're not a star." Woohyun said, releasing his grip around my waist. 

Woohyun noticed someone hiding behind me as I followed his gaze to Sunggyu who was fearfully hiding from Woohyun. 

"Haha, who's the guy hiding behind you?" Woohyun asked interested. 

"Kim Sunggyu." I introduced Sunggyu as I gently put my arm around his waist. 

Woohyun noticed my sudden rare skinship with a man and smiled. 

"Looks like someone found a boyfriend!" Woohyun teased me as he playfully punched my shoulder. 

"No! H-He's my friend." I nervously said. 

"Doesn't look like it~" Woohyun cooed as he pinched my cheeks that were blushing red. 

Sunggyu poked my cheek and smiled as I looked up at him shyly. 

"Aww~ let's go the hotel so you can sleep. You both look tired." Woohyun singsonged as he grabbed our bags and motioned us to follow him to the car. 

-∞∞∞- [Stop music if it's playing and listen to this : Busker Busker - Cherry Blossom Ending]

"What are we going to do all day?" Sunggyu asked as he plopped onto the bed. 

"Want to go around the city?" I asked as I looked out the window. 

"Can I meet the people at your company?" Sunggyu asked as he got up excitedly. 

"Sure." I laughed at his excited side. 

Sunggyu and I arrived at the company as many people waved hello and bowed to Sunggyu and I. I smiled at Sunggyu's little cute actions when someone bowed to him. He was all fidgety when people would say Good morning to him. 

"Oppa, over here." I opened the door to the lounge where there was people eating and sketching out ideas with eachother. 

"C-Coming." Sunggyu said a little freaked out by all the people in the building. 

There was everyone busily doing there own thing as I motioned for Sunggyu to come in. He walked in and stared in awe at all the different people inside the room. Everyone looked up to see that it was me and my 'new' guy friend. 

"Good morning, Miss Im. Who is this friend of yours?" Mr. Winslow asked as he nudged me. 

"Good morning, Mr. Winslow. Actually he's someone new to life." I said, confusing a few people. 

"He has amnesia?" Mrs. Wu asked. 

"You could say that.. He's like a little kid that I have to guide. I'm like a Mother now haha." I said as everyone in the room laughed except for Sunggyu who didn't know what we were talking about since he only knew Korean. 

"Everyone this is Kim Sunggyu. He doesn't speak English, but I'll always be with him so feel free to try and communicate with him. I have to pick up some files from the meeting room and I'll be back in 10 minutes." I said as I almost left the room, but forgot that Sunggyu couldn't understand me even though I mentioned it. 

"Oppa, sit on the couch and stay there okay? I'll be back in 10 minutes." I softly said as he suddenly grabbed my arm with fear in his eyes. 

"Where are you going?" Sunggyu asked with a pout. 

"Woah, I'm just going downstairs for 10 minutes. I'll be back okay? Stay here with these nice people okay? They won't hurt you. I promise okay?" I reassured him with my pinky outstretched towards him. 

Sunggyu wrapped his pinky around mine with a queasy smile as I gently removed his hand around my arm. I waved goodbye to him as I left the room. 

Two people entered the room and they looked just like eachother. Twins.. Sunggyu thought. The workers went up to them and did some sort of handshake that looked a bit complicated. 

(From left to right is Soryong and Daeryong.)

"Saeryong! Daeryong! It's nice seeing you here!" Some of the workers said as Daeryong and Soryong just high fived them and gave them quick hugs. 

"Yo, we're back from Korea!" Soryong exclaimed as everyone cheered. 

Daeryong noticed a red haired person on the couch looking at Soryong and himself. 

"That's the new guy. I think his name was Sung– I honestly don't know, but Miss Im said he was Korean and he only spoke Korean." One of the workers said. 

"Hmm, he's korean.." Daeryong said he walked slowly towards Sunggyu. 

"Annyeong." Daeryong bent down to Sunggyu's eye level with a smirk. 

Sunggyu fearfully gulped as he just stared at Daeryong. 

"You understand me right?" Daeryong asked while laughing. 

"N-Ne.." Sunggyu replied. 

"So, Yuna brought you in?" Soryong asked as he came forward.

Brought you in? Oh, he means that she brought me over to work with her. 

"Yeah, she told me she would introduce me to her coworkers." Sunggyu slowly said with a smile. 

"Oh, well. We're Korean so you can ask us anything." Daeryong said with a smile.

"O-Okay, thank you." Sunggyu nervously said with fuller smile now. 

I walked into the room to see 2 familiar bodies bent to a red haired man. 

"Hmm, seems like we have the RYONG people here." I snickered behind them. 

Daeryong and Saeryong both turned around while laughing. They went up to me and hugged me. 

"Nice to see you dongsaeng." Saeryong said as he ruffled my hair. 

Sunggyu sprang up from his seat as he hugged my arm. 

"Let's go!" Sunggyu excitedly shouted. 

"Okay, let me give this to them and I'll go." I laughed as I handed Daeryong the documents for the next stage. 

"We'll call you." Daeryong said while doing the symbol for calling with his hands. 

I nodded and watched them go out. 

I furrowed my eyebrows at Sunggyu and he looked sad. 

"C'mon oppa." I said as I held his hand and walked out of the building.


Kydelee's Note: 
Haha, Sunggyu's so clingy.. mah bad. D:

I have school tomorrow. Ergh. No updating for a while. Can someone comment at least? I feel lonely lol. Just some support also thank you for subscribing! I LOVE YOU SUBBIES! 

Would anyone mind recommending me some ZeloxYOU fanfics or KrisxYOU fanfics? I don't want either so..just non-R rated fanfics. :D Thank you~ 

[the cute choding and hamster. gawh~ they were so chubby and cute in the dashi dorawa era. Now they're.. somewhat muscular and..cute(?).]

Annyeong!! ♥♥

sincerely, authornim | kydelee