Piggy's Past

Can I call you, Yeobo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You deserve a rest." Jae patted Mimi's shoulder, beginning to walk out the door.

"What about all the recordings you planned for today?" Mimi frowned, uncertain.

"It's only one session. It's okay Mimi. Don't worry about it." Jae waved his hand, smiling apologetically.

Mimi opened to protest, then slowly closed .

"..'Kay."

 

A series of knocks rapped Mimi's door, stirring her awake. Mimi rubbed her eyes, lazily swinging open the door. Seungho grinned brightly, holding a lunch box.

"You better?" he welcomed himself in, kicking off his shoes.

"I was always better." Mimi smiled, quickly closing the door behind him.

"It's lunchtime. Did you eat anything?" Seungho plopped onto the dining chair, already unwrapping the lunchbox on the table.

"Well, I don't think I have much of a choice?" Mimi grinned as she pulled out the chair across from him, sitting down.

Seungho chuckled in response, silently opening the lunchbox.

As the wrapper became undone, a plain blue cover gleemed back at Mimi. Seungho warily eyed Mimi, guarding it from Mimi's grasp. "Isn't that for me? Why aren't you even letting me eat it." Mimi pouted. Seungho hesitated, then slid it towards Mimi.

"This is the way its made now." Seungho looked away, crossing his arms.

Mimi cocked her head in confusion, only understanding it once she opened the box.

Inside was a mess of kimbap, or what it was aimed to be.

"How.. How can you mess up kimbap?" Mimi laughed.

"Shut up!" Seungho grinned.

"It's... rice and seaweed. The most simplest thing EVER. And yet.." Mimi clicked her tongue. The kimbap's structure was crumbling down, the rice all over, the seaweed messily cut.

"Fine! You don't need to eat it."  Seungho scrunched his nose, reaching for the lunch.

"No no no, I'll eat it." Mimi smiled widely, swiping it away from his reach, happily popping in one piece.

Seungho calmed down, leaning back into his chair. He watched Mimi, who was chewing the kimbap with great care.

"I heard that Jihoonie hyung went to the army." Seungho started. Mimi mumbled in acknowledgement. "I heard that there's another girl trainee in the industry." Seungho nodded. Mimi nodded, smiling.

"So..?" Seungho cleared his throat, hesitant in asking his question.

Mimi looked up, still crouched over her food.

"You know, now that we're.." Seungho coughed.

"A lovey dovey couple." Mimi grinned through her bites.

"Yeah. That." Seungho chuckled, rolling his eyes.

He leaned into Mimi, placing his chin on the table.

"If.. If you don't mind, I don't really know anything about you. I want to know things about you." Seungho quietly looked up at Mimi.

Mimi chewed her food silently, as if in trouble of deciding whether or not to tell Seungho. After swallowing, she followed Seungho's position, also placing her chin down. "From where?" Mimi asked.

"Anywhere." Seungho replied.

Mimi took a deep breath, sighing it out.

"Well.."

 

"My family, consisting of my oppa, my omma, my appa, and me, we lived in Incheon, near the city side for about 2 weeks. We moved to the countryside after. Apparently, it was to inspire my oppa and I to be hardworking people, unselfish people, and all that. My omma especially hated the city, complaining how the kids were obnoxious, and how noisy it was. My appa was fine with everything. I guess I got the optimistic personality from him." Mimi chuckled.

Seungho nodded, smiling slightly, listening silently.

"We stayed there for about 6 years. We had campfires everynight in the backyard, we ate smores, we ate watermelons on the hot days, we had so much fun." Mimi laughed softly.

"My omma and oppa loved the campfires the most." she whispered.

Seungho looked up at Mimi, his eyebrows slanting upwards.

"We.. We moved to the city again, to get better education, but we moved in during the break so the neighborhood we were living in was pretty deserted. Our neighbors and such went to places like Jejudo Island and such. It was a pretty quiet neighborhood though, even with the neighbors." Mimi sighed.

Seungho looked back at the table, concentrating.

"On the 4th night of the break, my mom wanted to relive the campfire experience, and my family strongly agreed. We bought big preperations for it, like it was some kind of event. Big fire logs. Fresh coal. Everything was perfect. We had fun, we made memories, and it was the best campfire we ever had." Mimi smiled softly.

She paused, her smile slowly slanting downwards.

"It was the last campfire we had too." Mimi's voice cracked.

Seungho pursued his lips together, feeling regretful he had asked.

"That night, the embers on the coal and logs caught onto the grass, and the grass had slowly started to enlight in fire. The sparks caused even more fire patches, and that eventually spread to our house." Mimi's voice was lowered, the tone obviously different.

"If only one of us had woken up, we would have been fine. We would have been able to save eachother. But.. Appa was at late night's working shift, and my omma was in a deep sleep. My oppa had been studying for days for school, and had fallen asleep deeply as well. Me... I was the most foolish. If there had been anyone to save us, it would have been... me." Mimi shook her head, face pained.

Seungho bit his lip.

"I just plainly ignored the obvious smoke smell, because I was tired. Because I was tired. How ridiculous is that?" Mimi laughed dryly.

Seungho reached out to hold Mimi's hand, clasping onto it tightly.

Mimi held her breath, then exhaled.

"We...I was awakened by my oppa. He was the first to wake up." Mimi closed her eyes.

 

"Mimi!"

"Mimi! Wake up, stupid!"

Mimi rubbed her eyes, yawning.

A sudden sting caught in , making her cough. "Ack! Junhi oppa? It stings? What happen?" Mimi frowned.

"Mimi yah, you need to get out of here. I'm going to wake up omma." Junhi rushed Mimi out of the room, lightly pushing her towards the stairs.

"Wait! What happen?!" Mimi shouted, a little girl with an attitude, crossing her arms.

"Just go! Nothing hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter