Letting Go

Can I call you, Yeobo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey. Psst. Come over here." Gyuri motioned towards the man at the lobby desk.

"M-Me?" he pointed to himself.

"Yeah. I want you to go in there, and tell them that their reservation time is over. Say that the time is up or something." Gyuri snapped, nervous to the core. 

"B-b-b-b-but they still have a few more minutes." the man protested bravely.

"In a few minutes, they could end up hugging, or even worse- kissing! Please!" Gyuri urged, her brows slanted. 

"..Okay." the man nodded, timidly walking into the noisy atmosphere.

Gyuri swallowed, her heart a bit more at ease.

Just for now. I don't want to see them together.

Gyuri jumped into her car, speeding towards the dorms.

 

Gyuri stayed shut inside her car, gripping the seatbelt tightly. With her windows open, she saw everything, clearly. Gyuri's mouth opened to protest as Seungho opened his arms. But nothing came out of , completely heartbroken.

The difference was just too great between their date, and Mimi's date.

Gyuri clenched the seatbelt harder.

What's so bad about me?! What?

"Let me just hold you a bit longer." Seungho's voice was nearly inaudible from Gyuri's radar. 

"No.. Stop.. It's not fair." Gyuri whimpered, her body finally turning to step out of the car. 

With her sudden entrance, the two separated from eachother's arms quickly.

"Gyuri?!" Seungho stared at her, confused. "Why are you here?" Mimi's raised her eyebrows.

Gyuri clenched her teeth, blinking back tears. "I admit it! I lost! ...But do you realize how unfair this is?!" Gyuri shouted, unable to confront Mimi up close. 

"What? Unfair?" Mimi shook her head, her mind couldn't comprehend.

"Three years! Maybe even more then that!" Gyuri screeched, her tears flowing, continuously.

Gyuri bit her lip, chest heaving.

"I loved you.." the words came out as a regrettable whisper, confidence no more.

Seungho couldn't reply, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help it." Seungho stepped closer to Gyuri, reaching out to her.

"I KNOW!" Gyuri smacked Seungho's hand away, glaring. Her anger died, leaving her pitiful. "I know." Gyuri admitted. "I knew from the start. The way you looked at her. The way you talked to her. Everything about you changed when with her!" Gyuri's voice cracked.

Mimi stared silently, feeling bad.

"And it was so sudden too! I didn't have time to accept it. I couldn't accept it. I waited for you for- and you only- for three long years!" Gyuri laughed dryly, her state a mess.

"What's wrong with you? Please, Gyuri. Try to be calm." Seungho tried to soothe Gyuri. 

"Calm..? CALM?! I've BEEN calm! This is what you call an outburst! An OUTBURST! My anger was building up for a very long time, and i'm letting it all out now!" Gyuri laughed.

Her posture slumped back down, hair a mess.

"Then why don't I feel refreshed?" Gyuri snapped her head towards Seungho, eyes glossy and red. "I wasn't ready to let you go oppa. I wasn't EVER ready. I love you oppa.. I really do." Gyuri insisted, now sounding like a child.

She smiled sadly, stepping inside the building.

"What are you doing?" Mimi furrowed her eyes, concerned.

Gyuri was selfish, but in a way, it was all for Seungho. Though she wanted to be with Seungho, in a way, she was trying to prevent Seungho being hurt from his musical career.

As Gyuri stopped at the elevator, Seungho and Mimi ran after her, stopping at the dorm's entrance.

Mimi bit her lip.

Her intentions were all bad. But right now, she's in a very weak mental state.. What is she going to do?

Gyuri slowly turned.

Her lips curled into a small, sad smile.

"Oppa is continuing on. He has already let me go. But- I- I'm not ready to do that. I waited three years for oppa. If I couldn't stop thinking about him then, how can I stop thinking about him now? I don't want this constant bothering in my heart. There's only one way to end it." Gyuri stepped back in the opening elevator's doors, the doors closing shut with a loud clunk.

Mimi's eyes were wide with fear. Seungho's head turned, his expression no different. "Don't tell me she's going to do what I think she's going to do." Mimi's words flew out of as she jammed the elevator's buttons.

Seungho grabbed Mimi's hand, urging her to the stairs.

"I think she is." Seungho bolted up the stairs.

 

As the two rushed upstairs, breathless, all that was goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter