Last and First

Can I call you, Yeobo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mimi impatiently kicked the ground.

She had been waiting for the past few 20 minutes, and her husband was no where to be seen. She was usually patient and understanding with tardiness, but it had been about two weeks since Mimi had last seen Seungho.

Mimi lowered her head, chewing her bottom lip in annoyance.

And after all those hectic things with Gyuri and busy schedules, I thought we could finally be out normal selves.

Mimi huffed out a fresh breath of air, a time bomb ticking.

Within a couple of minutes, Mimi found herself peering through the distance.

She cocked her head.

Just what is taking him so long?

"Boo!"

Mimi jumped at the scare, swerving her body towards the voice.

Seungho was smiling, messy haired, content at his successful prank. His smile quickly dissapeared when Mimi crossed her arms and made a direct point.

"Sorry. I had to do something before coming here." Seungho apologized, suddenly turning quiet.

"Psh! Well, it better be worth it." Mimi snapped, her arms swinging back to her sides.

"It will!" Seungho's smile warmed up his face, brightly again.

"What's with you?" Mimi raised her eyebrow, his smile contagious.

"Nothing. Let's go." Seungho grinned, and dug Mimi's hand out of her pocket.

With Mimi's shock, the silence hung in the air. 

"...I made a reservation. At a sashimi restaurant. The one you said you wanted to go to? I reserved a good huge meal. That's what took so long. Sorry." Seungho cleared his throat, still unsure of Mimi's state.

"I-I'm fine." Mimi's eyes were glued onto Seungho's hand.

Seungho noticed, then grinned deviously, only clenching her hand tighter.

"Wha-! What are you doing? I put my hand in my pocket for a reason ya' know! It's freezing." Mimi excused, embarrassed.

Seungho's and Mimi's fingers wrapped around each other's, their words conflicting with their actions. "Yah! Are you listening to me?" Mimi shook her hand.

"Like this." Seungho hesitated, slowly and gingerly placing their hands into his pocket. Mimi panicked with joy.

"Stupid! If you put it in there, it'll be too hot, and then our hands will sweat, and then it will stink, and then it will be weird, and then-" Mimi's babbling mouth froze as Seungho's hand released from her grip. 

His arm slung around her, his hand searching for Mimi's pocket, then finally shoving it in. "There. It won't sweat, and it's not cold either." Seungho grinned triumphantly.

"Idiot! It's- it's- it feels-"

"Nice." Seungho finished, grinning widely.

Mimi hung her head down, unconsciously leaning into Seungho.

"Arrogant idiot." she smiled under her breath, smiling brightly.

 

Now in the busy mall, Mimi sighed with relief. They were out of their quirky hand holding method, both realizing how weird it looked to the public. Seungho strolled the mall, completely excited. Mimi looked around, sneaking glances at merchandise, but not once giving off a huge reaction.

Seungho peeked over to Mimi.

"What's wrong? You look bored." Seungho stopped in his tracks, his face a bit worried.

"What's with the concern? I'm fine!" Mimi grinned, showing sincerity.

Seungho smiled softly with relief.

As they walked further south, a overwhelming sound of animals shook the floor. Mimi's face immediately lightened up, eyes sparkling as her ears perked up to the sound. Seungho's smile tugged wider, then fell downwards.

"Let's go!" Mimi was jittery, the energy bursting through her.

Seungho clamped his mouth shut, refusing to say no. Instead, he nodded quietly, grinning nervously. Mimi giggled, and naturally linked her arm with Seungho.

Seungho's arm awkwardly hung like a frozen pipe, not knowing what to do.

I did tell her I'm allergic to fur, but it seems like she forgot out of her excitement. Hold in the sneeze, hold it in!

Seungho's cheeks puffed with air, eyes darting everywhere as the lights of various corners shone on him brightly.

Loud barks were heard from one corner, while constant mewls were heard from the other, and quacks and raspy words were heard from one.

Seungho held his breath.

This was the Animal Kingdom.

He silently looked over to Mimi, who was gushing over each and every animal, and without hesitation, petting all the animals.

Mimi stopped in her tracks and looked up to Seungho, a sudden look of panic in her face.

Seungho blinked, worried.

Did she just touch something weird? She probably saw the lizards over there.

A dog near Seungho shook its body, finally pulling Seungho's string. The loose fur flew everywhere, Seungho's eyes tearing up. Seungho opened his mouth to speak, holding back a sneeze.

"It's okay Mimi, they don't hurt you. Even the tarantulas are harmless if you treat them right-"

"Oh god! I'm so sorry!" Mimi yelped, immediately dragging Seungho out of the animal kingdom, her face drooped into a guilty expression.

Seungho finally let out a huge sneeze, his whole body jumping in the air. Mimi held back a laugh, biting it back on his behalf and on hers. "I'm sorry. I forgot your allergy condition." Mimi inched away from the store, longingly staring at the dogs, cats, gerbils, lizards, snakes, and parrots.

"No- No it's okay. Let's just go somewhere else shall we?" Seungho's sneezes didn't stop, rather continued until the two were far away from the pet shoppe. "Oh my jesus." Seungho exclaimed, shaking his head.

Mimi sputtered a laugh, then stopped abruptly, her attention being pulled elsewhere.

Seungho's eyes followed Mimi's his jaws dropping at the masterpiece in front of him.

There was an instrument corner, full of rows with shops having to do with wind instruments, tuning equipment, and most importantly, grand pianos. "Whoa." Seungho breathed.

A pearly whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter