The Chase

Mistaken

 

  “Yah, slow down will you??” yelled Nikki as she was panting heavily, “I’m wearing heels for god’s sake!”

  “I would if I could!” Jiyong yelled back, looking behind him, seeing that the fans were still behind them. They had been chasing them ever since they ran out of the coffee shop. ‘VIPs sure can run.’ thought Jiyong as they turned the corner.

   As they did, Nikki tripped, pulling Jiyong with her since their hands were interlocked. Jiyong quickly got back up and checked to see if his fans were getting closer. Unfortunately, they were.

  “Come on and get up!” Jiyong said hurriedly, “the fans are coming!”

  “Hold on!” said Nikki as she was getting up. As she did, Nikki yelled in pain. She fell back down on the floor, holding onto her sprained ankle. Apparently, when they turned at the corner, Nikki’s heel broke off causing her fall.

   “Stupid shoe.” Nikki muttered, banging her heels against the floor, trying to take away her anger from the situation they are in right now. 

 

   Running out of time, the fans were starting to get closer. Jiyong scooped Nikki up and carried her bridal style. You may think he is not capable of carrying her, judging by the looks of his skinny body. But you are proven wrong if you would have seen how Jiyong carried Nikki all the way.

  Unaware of what just happened, Nikki blinked, trying to register what Jiyong just did. When she did, she bawled her hands into fists and starting hitting Jiyong’s chest while yelling at him to put her down this instant.

  “Would you stop hitting me?!” yelled Jiyong

   “Not until you put me down!” said Nikki, who still kept on hitting him.

   Clearly irritated, Jiyong looked around his surroundings to see if he could find a safe place for them to rest. Luckily, he spotted a quiet abandoned alley two blocks up ahead. Using all of his left over energy, he ran full speed towards the alley. He quickly put Nikki down and collapsed on the floor, trying to catch his breath.