Trip

Mistaken

  "Okay class, be sure to complete today's assignment by friday and have a wonderful day." Mr.Kang announced to the whole class, "and Nikki, could you please stay after class for a few minutes, I'd like to speak to you."

   Nikki is in the middle of packing her belongings and confusingly thought to herself if she did anything wrong during class. 'Nope, not a single thing.' She paid attention and even particpated. She slowly walked up to Mr. Kang's desk, holding onto her notebook in her left hand and clutching onto her bag's strap in her other. 

  "Yes?" Nikki said nervously

  "Nikki, I've noticed your sketches lately." 

  "Are they bad? Cause if they are, I'll work harder, pay attention more in class and try my best to improve.." Nikki droned on and on.

  "No." Mr. Kang chuckled and held out his hand, issuing Nikki to stop on talking. "Actually, Your sketches are pretty impressive, I have to say." 

  "Ah, really? Komawo." Nikki slyly smiled and bowed.

  "Now, the reason why I needed to talk to you is that I would like for you to go to a fashion show in Jeju for more ideas." Mr.Kang said, handing Nikki a piece of paper. Nikki slowly took it and looked through the contents of it. Her eyeballs skimmed through the location, time and place. But it nearly popped out of it's sockets when she looked at who's fashion show it is. Jeremy Scott, one of Nikki's all-time favorite designers. She couldn't believe on how Mr. Kang even got tickets to his show. She tried so hard to get them when Jeremy Scott came to Seoul for a fashion show but sadly, they were sold out before Nikki got a chance to buy them. She got excited for she is going to get to finally see her role model in person. But Nikki looked at the date of it, slumping down her shoulders. April 18th at 9AM. That's tomorrow. And it is way too soon. She needs time to pack and tell Mei-Ling. Nikki handed back the ticket to Mr.Kang and apologized.

  "I'm afraid I can't go, it's too soon." 

  "I know it is but, keep the ticket." He pushed her hand down and smiled. "Think about it, it's a once in a lifetime chance."

  "Thanks Mr. Kang." Nikki said before walking out of the class

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

  "I'm homeeee!" Nikki cried out as she came home with bags loaded of groceries. She remembered that they ran out of food yesterday and had to make a pit shop for groceries. Mei-Ling came bursting out of her room and ran to check on what Nikki bought. She rummaged through the bags, looking for one specific thing. When Mei-Ling finally foudn it, she let out a huge squeal and gave Nikki a tight hug.  

  "You bought the noodles!" Mei squealed as she tighten the hug, "I love you Nick!!!"

  "Well, of course since you've been bugging me to buy them for you when we ran out." Nikki said, trying to wiggle free from Mei's deadly hug.

  "Could you please let go Mei, I can't breathe." Nikki coughed.

  "Oh yeah, sorry." Mei said, releasing the hug then grabbing the noodles, opening the box and started eating.

  "Hey Mei, I need to ask you something." Nikki said, digging for the paper. 

  "What is it?" Mei said with a mouthful of jap chae. (A/N: If you don't know what jap chae is, it's Korean noodles. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Korean_cuisine_japchae.jpg) Nikki then handed her the paper and Mei took it, reading it carefully.

  "Oh my GOD! You are so lucky Nick!!" screamed Mei, "I wish I could go to his show!" 

  "Well, I'm not sure if I'm going or not." Nikki said, pursing her lips. 

  "What?! Why not?!" 

  "The flight is tomorrow morning and I don't have anything ready." 

  "Of course you have to go! Jeremy Scott is your favorite designer. You've been dreaming to go to one of his shows for ages!" Mei said, trying to persuade her best friend and so far, it is working.

  "But what about you? I can't just leave you here for 4 days." reasoned Nikki. "No offence Mei, but you can't really cook."

  "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." reassured Mei "And besides, I'll make Derek cook for me." Mei evilly smiled

  "So, go on that trip!" 

  "Well, alright." Nikki said, still unsure about it.

  "Come on!" Mei said, pushing Nikki into her room, "I'll even help you pack!"