Fear

Mistaken

   After walking around together, they decided to go somewhere rather than wandering around. Nikki suggested that they'd go to an amusement park. But Jiyong wanted to go to the beach for a stroll. After fifteen minutes of convincing and putting on her puppy-dog face, she won. What can Jiyong say, he has an weakness for aegyo. So now, here they are, walking around the amusement park looking for rides to go on.  Jiyong didn't have to wear a diguise since there were only middle-aged and old people that don't pay attention to the media.

  "That one!" Nikki pointed at the hundred feet rollercoaster standing above them.

  "Are you sure? Most girls are afraid of riding rollercoasters." Jiyong said, "Especially ones this extreme." 

  "Yeah..." Nikki gulped, "I'm sure." 

   Hand in hand, they walked inside the building and waited for their turn. As they were getting closer and closer to the ride, Nikki's heartbeat started to increase rapidly and her palms were getting sweaty. Jiyong noticed the sudden change in Nikki and started to get worried. 

  "Nikki, are you okay? We don't have to ride this if you're scared."

   Nikki shook her head, still determined to ride the rollercoaster even thought she is full of fear right now. Before she realized it, it was now their turn. They walked to their seat, buckled their seat belts and waitied for the ride to start. Nikki's heart is going to jump out if it beats even faster. The safety bar slowly descend down, indicating that the ride is about to start. 

   The rollercoaster slowly made its way up the steep hill. Nikki looked to her side, seeing the ground below her inching away as the rollercoaster made its toward the skies. As it reached the top, Nikki gripped onto the rails tightly and shut her eyes. 'I'm going to die, I'm going to die!!' Nikki screamed in her mind. Before she knew it, the rollercoaster went down the drop in a fast, swift motion. 

  /Flashback/

 "Appa! Let's go on that ride!" A nine-year old Nikki pointed at the same exact rollercoaster. It was the very first time that Nikki's parents took her to an amusement park and she was very excited to spend time together with her family. Usually, her dad would be busy with work and her mom.. let's just say that they don't get along well with each other. But Nikki still loves them nonetheless. 

   Nikki's dad just nodded and smiled at her daughter. Never before has he seen her daughter this happy or excited about anything. When Nikki couldn't wait any longer for her parents slow walking, she went up to both of her parents and started dragging them, telling them to hurry up. Her parents just laughed at her silliness.  

   Nikki stood in line by herself, since neither one of her parents wanted to ride the rollercoaster. They walked to the nearest bench that had a view of it and sat down, encouraging Nikki to have fun even though they weren't there with her. Upset that her parents won't be going on the ride with her, she won't let that bring her down. Excitement was seen in her eyes. As she walked to her seat in the rollercoaster, she smiled and waved at her parents but her smiled disappeared as her parents were happily chatting among themselves, not taking a single glance at her.

  Not havng a chance to react, the ride started going up the long steep hill. Nikki threw her hands in the air, preparing for when its sudden drops, twists and turns. And down it went, in a lightning speed. Nikki started screaming with excitement as the rollercoaster made a few twists and loop the loop.

   As the ride was at the top of loop the loop, the ride comes to a sudden stop. 'Sorry for the inconvenience for the ride, it seems like ride has some technical difficulties. We are truly sorry and we will get them fixed shortly. Please stay calm and please stay seated.' The announcer said.

   Confused on what happened, Nikki looked around. She was upside. She looked below her and fear striked across her face. She didn't realized that the ride would be this high up. Everyone on the ride started talking to their friends or started panicking. That did not help Nikki at all. She didn't have anyone to comfort her as she started hyperventilating heavily. She was slowly starting to feel light-headed as the blood was rushing to her head. Soon, the wheels of the ride slowly started to move and she was not longer stuck. The ride continued but Nikki didn't seem to enjoy it anymore. But who could blame her. She was upside, stuck on the rollercoaster. 

  When the ride ended, Nikki hurriedly rushed out and ran, hugging her parents tightly, afraid to let go. Large tears were b in her eyes.

  "What's wrong honey?" Her parents asked her, seeing the tears in the eyes. "Didn't you have fun?"

    Nikki was shocked. Haven't they been watching her on the ride? If they did, her mom and dad would have been questioning her if she was hurt anywhere and hugging her. From the look on her parents's face, Nikki knows that they weren't paying attention to her at all. Feeling neglected, Nikki just dropped it. 

  "Y-Yeah, it was awesome." Nikki said, faking a smile as she was wiping away the last trace of her tears

  "Great, now let's go ride something else." Her parents said walking away, leaving Nikki trailing behind them

  /Flashback Ends/