Disaster

Mistaken

 

 

   One picture soon turned into a photography session. They had taken about pictures of them together, doing silly faces and many selcas. Surprisingly, Nikki didn’t argue on taking pictures today. She would normally hide her face or run away from a camera in plain sight. But today, she is really open. All tired from taking pictures, Jiyong spotted an ice cream truck up ahead. They walked to it and started ordering. Nikki got her favorite, mint chocolate chip, while Jiyong got strawberry. Walking back to their spot and eating their ice cream, the silence engulfed them.

   They sat down and continued to eat. Jiyong turned his head, catching a glimpse of Nikki enjoying her ice cream like a five year old girl. He then caught something behind them in the corner of his eyes. He squinted his eyes, trying to figure out what it is. Once he did, he quickly turned back around, took out a pair of sunglasses from his pockets and tried his best to hide his face.

   It is the damn paparazzi. They are always watching his every move and they always knew where Jiyong was. It was as if they had a tracking device planted on him. Sometimes, Jiyong wished he wasn’t an idol. He likes making music and enjoys the support the fans are giving him but there’s always a down side. Like privacy. He can never do anything personal without the public knowing.

   Nikki realized that Jiyong is acting strange. She turned around, wondering why. She spotted two people trying their best to keep hidden behind a bush, while taking pictures of them. When they saw Nikki spotting them, they quickly ran away while capturing a few extra shots.

  ‘Oh, I get it.’ thought Nikki, silently nodding to herself.

  “How about we get going now?” said Jiyong, getting up and extending a hand to Nikki. She ignored him and silently stood up, brushing the sand off her skirt and walked away. Confused on her actions, Jiyong walked up to Nikki and grabbed onto her wrist, turning her around.

  “What’s wrong?”

  “Look, if you didn’t want to be seen with me, you could of have just said so.” Nikki said, strongly

  “It’s not that.” said Jiyong,” it’s just the paparazzi are making it difficult.”

  “It’s not difficult at all.” said Nikki, “you’re the one making it difficult.”

  “You don’t know what the paparazzi will do to you once they find out about you.” paused Jiyong, “they will ruin everything.”

  “They don’t have too.” said Nikki as her voice is starting to crack, “you already did…” She turned back around and started walking away, trying to hold in her tears.

  “Nikki, wait!”

  “What?!”

  “Your camera… It has pictures of us.”

  “You want my camera?!” Nikki said unbelievingly, “Here, take it!” Nikki dug thru her bad, finding her camera and throwing it on the sand.

  “I don’t want to remember this day anyways.”

   Nikki walked away one last time, telling her tears escape from her eyes. Jiyong picked up the camera and brushed off the sand on it. He watched Nikki’s silhouette, slowly fading away. ‘I’m sorry Nikki, but it’s better this way.’