Phone Call

Mistaken

 

   “Hyung! You’re late!” Seungri said

   “Mianhae, guys. Something came up.” explain their leader. Usually, Big Bang’s leader would be the first one in the recording studio since it’s practically his second home. Heck, sometimes he even stays there overnight recording and producing new songs. But this time, he was late for once.

   “Anyways, let’s start recording. We’d lost some time already.” said their leader. One by one, each of the members went into the recording booth to start recording their new upcoming album. It’s been exactly 2 years and 3 months since Big Bang’s hiatus and they really want to impress their fans. They’ve all been working really hard, trying out new concepts, producing new beats, and staying up all night, especially their leader. They had all stopped recording when they head a ring tone in the background. It was playing Seungri’s ‘What Can I Do’.

   “Maknae, could you please turn that off?” Jiyong said, clearly irritated as it stopped their smooth sailing recording.

   “But hyung, that isn’t my phone!” replied Seungri. All of the members took off their headphones and checked to see if it was their phone.

   “Hey Ji, it’s your phone!” said Taeyang

   “What? That’s impossible, my ring tone isn’t Seungri’s song.” said Jiyong. Jiyong grabbed the phone on the table and surprisingly it was his ‘phone’.

   “Uhh, guys, this isn’t my phone.” said Jiyong, “my phone’s wallpaper is not a picture of two girls.” When Seungri hear the word ‘girls’, he immediately grabbed the phone and looked at the wallpaper.

   “Wah, they’re so pretty!” exclaimed Seungri

   “Please, they’re probably your noona.” retorted Daesung

   “Noonas neomu yeppeo~” Seungri said, singing the chorus of SHINee’s ‘Noona, You’re So Pretty’.

   “Still going through your noona phase huh Seungri?” teased T.O.P

   “Hey, at least my room isn’t filled with bear bricks!” scoffed Seungri

   “If you must know, those are limited edition!” retorted T.O.P

   “Okay, as much as I love hearing you guys argue, let’s back on the subject.” said Taeyang.  Just as Seungri was about to speak, his phone starting ringing. He looked at the caller ID and made a confused face.

   “Jiyong hyung, it says that you’re calling me.” said Seungri as he showed his hyungs the phone’s screen flashing ‘Tom’ aka Seungri’s nickname for Jiyong since they are known to having a Tom and Jerry relationship.

   “It must be that girl who switched phones with me.” said Jiyong as he grabbed the phone and answered the call.

   “Yeobosaeyo?” the girl answered

   “Ah, ye, I believe that you’ve noticed that we switched phones right?” said Jiyong

   “Yeah, could we meet up tomorrow to switch back?” asked the girl

   “That would be good. Where and what time?” asked Jiyong

   “The coffee shop at downtown around noon.” stated the girl

   “Ahh, I think that’s going to be difficult.” replied Jiyong, “I can’t be seen out in public in case you have figured out who this is.”

   “Oh, I know who this is, you’re G-Dragon, the leader of Big Bang.” said Nikki. Jiyong was surprised that the girl over the phone knew who he was yet, wasn’t even screaming or freaking out like a regular fan girl would do. ‘Is she not a fan of me?’ Jiyong thought, ‘Wait, she has to since she has Seungri’s song as her ring tone. Maybe Seungri’s her bias. Yeah, that’s probably it.

   Usually, Jiyong’s isn’t that cocky. As a matter of fact, he’s not cocky at all, he’s pretty humble. But seeing that this girl, whom he just met over the phone, did not go crazy over him was a new feeling. Lost in his thoughts, Jiyong forgot that he was still on the phone. He snapped back to reality when he heard someone yelling into his ear.

   “Hello? Hello?!” yelled Nikki

   “Aish, you’re going to kill my eardrums if you keep on yelling!” said Jiyong

   “Yah, you weren’t answering so I had to do something.” replied Nikki, “anyways, coffee shop. Tomorrow. Noon. You better show up. Or I’ll delete everything on your phone!” threatened Nikki as she hung up not waiting for Jiyong’s response.

   “Aish, she hung up on me.” Jiyong muttered as he looked at the phone’s screen.