What is right

Mistaken

 

   Jiyong is sound asleep on his bed, peacefully sleeping. It is still early in the morning and he wouldn’t have to wake up until in the late afternoon for their rehearsal for SBS’s Inkigayo performance. Then he heard his phone ring beside his pillow. He decided to ignore it, burying his head into his pillow, trying to go back to sleep. After then minutes, his phone went off again for the third time. Jiyong groaned, fumbling for his phone under his sheets. The person who is interrupting Jiyong’s sleep is dead.  He finally found it, on the edge of his bed. He grabbed it and answered the call.

  “Yeobosayeo?” Jiyong answered, groggily still not wide awake yet.

  “Jiyong.”

   It is YG. Jiyong immediately shot right up from his bed, obviously wide awake from YG’s sudden call.

  “Ah, annyeonghaseyo! Sajangim!” said Jiyong, bowing as if YG is right in front of him.

  “Meet me in my office in an hour, I need to talk to you.” YG said, hanging up the phone before letting Jiyong speak.

   Jiyong wondered what that was about. YG is usually not like that to him considering he has been a trainee such he was eight years old. YG basically treated him like he was his own son.

   Jiyong lazily climbed out of his warm bed, washed his bed and brushed his teeth. Then he walked inside his so-called ‘closet’. He is thinking of dressing casual today. His hand grazed over columns of all the brand names you can think of. Marc Jacob, Chrome Hearts, Jeremy Scott, Givenchy, etc. You name it, he has it all. He picked out a plain v-neck tee, skinny jeans with a pair of Louboutin sneakers. Jiyong walked out of his dorm and got into his white Bentley.

 

 

   Walking thru the YG Building doors, he pressed the elevator button waiting for it. Once it came, he walked inside and pressed it to the highest floor of the building. 30th floor, YG’s office. Hearing the elevator ding, he stepped out and walked down a long hallway. Stopping at his steps and facing him is a huge metal sign in front of the door. ‘Yang Hyun Suk’. He slowly brought up his hand and knocked on the door two times.

  “Come in.” YG replied thru the door. Jiyong opened the door and sat down, waiting for YG to speak.

  “Jiyong.” said YG, “Have you seen the news?” Jiyong just furrowed his eyes and tilted his head in confusion on why YG would ask him that. Taking that as a sign of him not knowing, YG then turned his computer screen, letting Jiyong take a look. On the front page, in big letters, read ‘The latest news! G-Dragon of Big Bang was seen last night with a mysterious girl at the beach.’

   Jiyong immediately became stiff. His eyes widen, he didn’t know what to think right now. He had a million questions in his head.

  ‘Curse those darn paparazzi!’

  ‘How will the VIPs react to this?
  ‘Did Nikki see this already?

   And most importantly,

 

  ‘Nikki, how are you reacting to this?’

 

  “Well, Jiyong, what do you have to say about this?” YG said, crossing his arms and waiting for an answer.

  “She’s just a friend sajangnim, nothing more.” Jiyong lied thru his teeth.

  “Jiyong, it’s not that I don’t want you to date.” sighed YG as he began to explain, “Big Bang’s comeback is nearing and I don’t want any rumors going around damaging it.” Jiyong nodded his head, understanding him clearly. Ever since his Heartbreaker plagiarism accusation, YG has been making decisions more cautious now. He certainly does not want to make the same mistakes twice.

 

 

   Returning back from YG’s office, Jiyong is back to his dorm, hoping to catch up on his sleep again. He needs it, for their upcoming schedule is completely booked and he would have to start working until late at night again.

  “Hey Jiyong, where have you been? I woke up this morning and you weren’t here.” Taeyang asked, walking out of the kitchen.

  “YG sajangnim called me this morning to go see him.”

  “Is this about the article?”

   Jiyong sighed. No one knows him better than his best friend. Talking that as a yes, Taeyang knew how Jiyong felt.

  “What are you going to do about it?” Taeyang asked, walking over to the couch and plopped down.

  “There’s not much that I can do.” sighed Jiyong

  “You can always do the right thing.”

  “What is the right thing?”

  “You know what it is Jiyong, it’s just up to you if you want to fix it or not.” said Taeyang, patting his best friend’s back before getting up and walking away.

  ‘Thanks for the advice Bae.’ Jiyong thought sarcastically while rubbing his temples, ‘this is frustrating.