Gomenasai

Mistaken

   Opening her apartment door and walking inside the kitchen, Nikki angrily opened the fridge door. Her eyes scanned the area from top to bottom, looking for a ice cold drink to cool her down. Since nothing caught her interest, she grabbed a bottle of water. Slamming the fridge door shut, she twisted the bottle cap off and took a long drink. The ice cold water felt good against her dry throat. Once she was hydrated, she placed the bottle water that was already half gone, down on the kitchen counter. 

  'Why did he even get angry for?' Nikki angrily muttered to herself. 'It's not like I actually went to the States with Derek.' 

   Nikki took another drink of water and continued to think. 

  'Then again, who would have thought Derek actually liked me...'

  'You have 1 new text message, you have 1 new text message!!~'

   Nikki looked around the kitchen, trying to find her bag which contains her phone. Remembering that she tossed it in the living room couch, she went to retrieve it. She unlocked her phone and opened the message.

  "Hey Nikki! I just wanted to let you know that I emailed you pictures and notes of what you missed out on.  - Sang Hee ^^~"

   Grateful to her friend, she quickly replied back. "Thanks Sang Hee! You're a life saver. I'll go check it out right now.  -Nikki "

   Doing as she says, she walked into her room and opened her laptop, hitting the on button. While she waits for her laptop to load, she went into the bathroom to change into a loose shirt and a navy blue pair of shorts. Walking out in her comfortable pjs,  she tied her hair into a messy bun. Looking at her laptop screen, it was done loading to her homepage. She grabbed her laptop, placing it on her bed as she laid down on her stomach. Typing in her ID and password, she logged in her email. She was about to click on the email that Sang Hee sent her but an particular one caught her eye.

  'From Derek, Subject: Sorry'

   Her mouse hovered over the email and clicked it.

  'Hey Nikki. I don't know if you're mad at me but I just wanted to say sorry for what happened at the airport. I shouldn't have done that. I hope this doesn't put an crack in our friendship. If it's okay with you, I hope we still continue to be the best friends we were before this happened. I didn't ruin things between you and Jiyong did I? Because if I did, I am so sorry. Even thought you cannot return your feelings for me, I accept and appreciate that. I just want to let you know that I will always be there for you when you need me.                                                                            

                                                                                                                                                 - Derek                             ' 

   Nikki let out a small smile as she finished reading his email. She went over and clicked on the reply button. 

  'Hey Derek. No, I'm not angry at you. Yes, at first I was fustrated but now I'm fine. And of course you're still my best friend. What would I do without you?! I miss you terribly! How's the States by the way? You must send me postcards. I forgot how everything looked like there ;-;. I hope you come back to Seoul soon.                  

                                                                                                                                                 - Nikki                                '

   She hit the send button and grabbed a pillow behind her, hugging it. 

  "Now, time to get back to work." Nikki said letting out a sigh, opening the email from Sang Hee and started to get her notebook.