Driving Myself Insane

Mistaken

 

 

   Nikki inhaled a large amount of air and sighed. She is at Seoul Art, looking out at the window. Nikki got to school pretty early today. Usually, she arrives late to her first class but she didn’t want to stay all home, all coped up. She had finished all of her sketches, and future assignments already. She had been keeping herself busy to keep her mind off of him. She had too much free time on her hands. Normally, she’d be glad to get a day off but now, it just doesn’t matter to her anymore.

  “Hey, did you hear?”

  “Hear about what?”

   Two freshmen girls started to gossip while walking past Nikki.

  “The news about G-Dragon! It’s everywhere!”

  “Yeah, of course. I still can’t believe it…” One of the girls said, her words trailing away as she was walking down the hall.

   Nikki was an earshot away and had overheard them. She can’t believe it, it’s been weeks and people are still talking about it. Guess this will never die down since Jiyong is such a famous idol. Feeling her phone vibrate, Nikki whipped out her phone; she had received a new text message from Derek.

  ‘Hey Nikki, do you want to have dinner tonight? I need to talk to you.’

  ‘Dinner sounds good.’

  ‘Okay, I’ll make reservations. And I’ll see you at home.’

 Nikki swiftly replied back and placed her phone back in her bad. She is wondering on why Derek needs to talk with her. Rubbing her chin, she is trying to figure out what it is. Having nothing coming to her mind and shrugging, guess she’ll find out tonight.

 

 

   Finished with her classes, Nikki is finally home after a long day. Derek has informed her to dress formal for tonight’s dinner. Curious on where he’s bringing her for she has to dress up, Nikki walked into her closet and picked out a strapless black dress, falling perfectly above her knees. Nikki started to French braid her hair and grabbed her pair of black heels. She walked to the mirror, double checking on how she looks and seeing that she cleaned up good. She walked out of her room, seeing if Derek is done getting ready. Passing by Mei-Ling, she is surprised to see Nikki all dolled up.

  “Whoa Nikki! Where are you going?!” teased Mei

  “Thanks Mei,” Nikki slyly smiled,” Me and Derek are going out for dinner.”

  “You guys sure are dressed up for a simple dinner.” said Mei

  “Well, he told me to dress formal.” Nikki shrugged, taking a seat on the couch.

  “It seems like Derek’s finally making his movie.” Mei teased, slightly nudging Nikki on the side.

  “No, he is not!” said Nikki, pushing Mei away.

   Interrupting their conversation, Derek walked out of the guest room and into the living room, finding Mei and Nikki talking quietly on the couch.

  “What are you guys talking about?” asked Derek as he tried to put on his watch.

  “Oh, nothing.” Nikki said, chuckling nervously. Nikki’s eyes wandered up and down on Derek’s outfit. He is wearing a dark grey blazer with a white v-neck with his black jeans and dunks. ‘Whoa, Derek cleaned up fine tonight.’ thought Nikki. Not that he doesn’t look fine everyday.

  “Ready to go Nikki?”

  “Of course.” Grabbing her purse beside her, Nikki stood up and walked to the door which Derek held open for her.

  “Have a nice time you guys!” Mei-Ling smiled and waved to them before closing the door, and then she playfully winked at Nikki.