Cafe

Mistaken

 

   Nikki walked inside the coffee shop, trying to see if G-Dragon was there yet. Looking around the entire coffee shop, she did not spot him at all. She puffed out a relieved sigh, knowing she was late. Nikki had to stop by the grocery market to pick up a few things before she had to meet up at the coffee shop with G-Dragon since her fridge is running low on food. Her roommate, Mei-Ling, loves to raid the fridge for snacks everyday, causing the food to disappear within a week.

   The waitress escorted Nikki to a table of two. She gave Nikki a menu, bowed then walked away. She sat down and placed her groceries aside her while checking her watch as it read 12:47. ‘He’s late.’ Nikki thought as she puffed out a frustrated sigh. Every time the coffee’s shop bell rung, indicating that someone stepped inside, her eyes shot to the door, hoping it was G-Dragon. Nikki sighed as it was just a man who was dressed in too many layers when it’s summer. Irritated that she sat there waiting for him for more than thirty minutes, she picked up her caramel latte and drank some.

   As she placed her caramel latte on the table, the man who just walked in sat down on the chair across from Nikki. “Uh, sorry but that chair is occupied.” Nikki said

   “Pstt, it’s me.” The man whispered as he lowered his aviator shade, which turns out to be only Jiyong.

   “Why are you dressed like that when it’s 80 degrees out?” questioned Nikki

   “I don’t want to get mobbed by my fans and the paparazzi.” reasoned Jiyong

   “Okay… anyways, here’s your phone.” said Nikki, grabbing his phone out of her jacket pocket. Jiyong did the same. As they were about to grab their phones, the waitress tripped causing the cup of coffee that she was currently holding, splashing it all on Jiyong’s hat.

   “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” the waitress kept on repeating as she was cleaning up the mess she made.

   “Ah, it’s okay.” Jiyong said as she took his hat and sunglasses and used a napkin to starting cleaning it. Nikki’s eyes widen as Jiyong was really unaware of what he just did.

   As the waitress looked up from cleaning the mess on the floor, her eyes were as big as disks. Confused by her reaction, Jiyong touched his head and his eyes, feeling for his hat and sunglasses.