Interrogation

Mistaken

 

   Taking the key and unlocking her apartment door, Nikki walked in, smiling as widely as ever. She strolled into her room, throwing her purse on her bed and changed into something more comfortable. Feeling a little thirsty from the noodles she ate at the store, Nikki walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Unscrewing the cap and taking sips of it, still thinking about Jiyong.

  “Hey Nick!” Mei-Ling said, popping up from out of nowhere.

  “Gahh!” Nikki jumped, clutching onto her chest, “Don’t do that Mei!”

  “Sorry Nick.” giggled Mei-Ling, “So, what are you so happy about?”

  “Oh, nothing…” Nikki said, making her way into her room.

  “Geojitmal! You can’t lie to me Nick, I’ve known you since we were in diapers.” said Mei, following behind Nikki.

   Nikki plopped down on her bed and plugged her earphones in her ears, pretending to not hear what her best friend just said. Mei-Ling immediately started jumping up and down on her bed, annoying the heck out of Nikki.

  “Tell me, tell me, t-t-tell mee!” sang Mei as she began to jump harder.

  “Arasso, arasso!” sighed Nikki as she sat up. She knew she was going to have to tell Mei-Ling sooner or later. Mei-Ling jumped down on her bed, criss-crossed her legs and started to listen in tentatively.

   First, Nikki began to tell her their first meet-up, the crazy fans chasing them. But she got interrupted when Mei-Ling kept on squealing and jumping around due to what’s been happening to her best friend. Nikki told her to contain herself until she’s done. Willingly, she agreed. Continuing from where Nikki lefted off, the ‘almost’ kiss, bumping into each other at the store, and exchanging each others phone numbers. After finishing, Nikki covered her ears, knowing what will happen next. Mei-Ling started to scream and jump with joy.

  “Why does everything happen to you?” Mei whined as Nikki just chuckled at how foolish she’s acting.

  “Wait, I thought you didn’t like him.” teased Mei

  “Well, I was wrong.” coughed Nikki as she looked away

  “Then do you like him?!”

  “Yah, we’re just friends!”

  “Well, friends could turn into lovers~”

  “Aish!” said Nikki, finding a pillow beside her and throwing it at Mei. With her fast reflexes, she quickly ducked, ran to the door sticking out her tongue at Nikki before running out.