I Understand

Mistaken

--Recap--

 

 He pulled away from the hug and lifting her chin, making Nikki look up to him. Nikki furrowed her eyebrows together and stared at his actions with confusion.

  "Derek, what are you--." Nikki said, but got cutt off when Derek crashed his lips with hers. 

------------

  ''Where is she..'" Jiyong said under his breath as his eyes looked around everywhere. "Ah, There she is!" 

------------

    Nikki's reflexives told her to push Derek off and that's what she did. Shocked, Nikki brought her fingers to her lips and took a few steps back.

  "I wanted to do that for a long time." Derek smiled, looking directing at her.

  "W-why did you do that for?!" Nikki said, half yelling at Derek.

  "Well, isn't it obvious? I like you Nikki. No, I love you. For the longest time." Derek confessed.

   He had been in love with Nikki the moment he met her. He didn't want to say anything to her to ruin their friendship. He thought it was better for them to have a brother/sister type of relationship. But now, it doesn't matter to him anymore. He's going to take the risk.

  "But you can't!" Nikki said, looking away from him.

-------------

   Jiyong's eyes widen as the scene in front of him unfolds. Nikki and Derek, kissing in front of the gates. His lips right against hers. His anger started to build up. He balled up his fists, ready to knock the living daylights outta Derek. He stormed to where they were standing. He overheard their conversation as he started to get closer and closer.

  "You can'!"

  "And why not?"

  "Because I alr-." Nikki said

  "Because she already has a boyfriend and you're looking right at him." Jiyong said finishing Nikki's sentence and throwing deadly glares at Derek.

  "Jiyong..." Nikki said as her voice started trailing off.

  "You never told me you have a boyfriend Nick." Derek said, ignoring Jiyong's stares. 

  "Well.. I might have forgotten to mention it to you.." 

  "Okay, we need to talk." Derek stated, grabbing a hold of Nikki's wrist and started to walk away. 

  "Hold on, you aren't going anywhere with her." Jiyong said harshly, grabbing a hold of Nikki's other wrist and pulled her back.

  "Hey, let go!" Derek yelled, pulling Nikki.

  "No, you let go!" Jiyong yelled back, trying his best to prevent Nikki from going to Derek.

  "Both of you guys. Let go of me!" Nikki yelled, causing the both of them to release their grasp from her wrist.

  "What do I look like to you two? Some kind of toy you guys can just pull around with?!" Nikki said, looking at the both of them before storming away.

  "Now, look what you did." Derek said, blaming Jiyong.

  "You did that. If you hadn't kissed her, we wouldn't even be in this mess!" Jiyong yelled at him, messing his hair with frustration.

  "I know, I shouldn't have but I couldn't control myself." Derek admitted, letting out a sad sigh.  "I'm going to go talk to her."

  "No, I'll go talk to her, you just go catch your flight." Jiyong said, using one hand to block Derek from moving. 

   Derek was about to argue back but he thought for a second. "You're right, I should just probably go." Derek said, "No hard feelings?" 

  "No hard feelings." 

  "You're a lucky guy Jiyong. Once you get a hold of her, don't ever let go." Derek playfully punched Jiyong's arm.

  "I'm not planning on it." Jiyong said, letting a small smile. 

  "Now I know why Nikki declined my offer." Derek said, laughing it off.

   Confused, Jiyong tilted his head to the side. 'Offer? What offer?' He was about to ask Derek but the intercome interrupted them once again.

  'Last call for Flight 29B to Los Angeles, California.'

  "Well, I've got to go now. And I'm sorry this all even happened. I hope the next time we meet, we're on better terms." Derek hurriedly picked his bags and dashed off to the gates.  

   He lefted in a flash that Jiyong didn't even get to give Derek a moment to bid him farewell. Jiyong still waved to the direction that Derek ran off too, not caring if Derek will see him or not. 

  'I have got to ask Nikki about it.'