Promise

Super Love; Super Famous

 

I tighten my grip on his wrist hoping he'll stay. I'm not in the mood to be alone. Without a word Donghae takes his shirt off, making himself comfortable, and lies next to me. I scoot closer towards him placing my body to his and wrap the blanket around us.

For the longest minutes of my life we lay there in silence none of us saying a word to each other. Feeling warmer I lift my head up and take a peek at the man lying next to me. His eyes were closed, I couldn't tell whether he was asleep or not. 

Coughing I reach for the water on my nightstand; taking a sip I sit up against the board of my bed and stare at him. "Thank you," I say without thinking. "I.... for.... helping Appa. You didn't have to, but you did." I finish grabbing a tissue to blow my nose. 

"No problem." I jump from his sudden voice; I didn't expect him to respond. “Can we be friends?" 

"How do I answer that?" I whisper more to myself.

"All I want is a yes or no answer." He whispers back to me. "If you say no," Yes I whisper. "Then I'll leave you alone as well as the rest - what?"

"Yes." I cough.

"Let's get to know each other." He sits up next to me with a goofy smile on his face. 

"How?" I drink some more water.

"20 questions, have you ever played it?" I shake my head no. "It's simple, you just ask random question to get facts about a person." 

"Oh? Ahh... Okay then let's play." I Sneeze, "You First."

"Bless You. Okay....Ummm.... What's your favorite color?"

"B...bl...AhChu.. Blue. Where are you from?"

"Bless you, Mokpo. You?"

"Thanks, Seoul. Who's your favorite Suju member?" 

"Hyukjae, we are Eunhae." A goofy smile appears on his face.

"Funny ask a question." I tell him taking a drink of water. 

"Do you remember when we ran into each other 5 years ago?"

"No." I forced myself to forget everything that involved the years 1995 - 2005.

"Oh." He frowns.

"Tell me about what happen five years ago."

"It was early in the morning the day Super Junior was going to debut. I was rushing because I was already late and I didn't notice the small girl that was walking in my direction. I bumped into her and she gave me the blank-est stare I've ever seen and a strong feeling radiated off of her.

"What shocked me even more was how she told me not to apologize. I never understood why she ever asked me that, even to this day I don't have a clue as to why she asked me not to apologize."

"Long haired blondie." I whisper.

"Yeah, I was a blonde back then." He laughs.

"Do you tend to remember things easily?"  I bring my knees up to my chest.

"Not exactly. Every now and then I'll remember something, but somehow I couldn't forget the day we met for the first time."  I nod my head not really understanding what he meant by that.

"What are your parents like?" Curiosity killed the cat.

"Ummm....Appa passed away a couple months before I debuted, but he was always there for me, he' the reason I am who I am today. While Omma is kind, sweet, and always supports me in whatever I dream of doing." He says with a smile on his face. 

I envy that smile. 

"How come your mother isn't around?" She's probably dead or laying in some random guy’s bed drunk or high.

"She died of cacner when I was five years old." I look him in the eyes telling him exactly what Appa told me happen to his wife.

"No more questions about what happen to our parents." He gives me a weak smile.

"Agree." I smile back. 

This benefits me more than it does you Donghae.

"Why....do you... why do you always run away from people?" He looks me straight in the eyes.

"No more serious questions." I mutter looking away from his eyes. 

"Just answer it." Donghae surprises me with his sudden courage to talk to me strongly.

"Because of the pain they cause me." The room fell silent. I sat there patiently waiting for him to ask me why would I feel pain, but it never came. "Hae, can you promise me something?" I turn my body to face him.

"Anything." He straightens up.

"Don't ever stop being my friend. That no matter how many time I tell you to go away and say I hate you. That you'll be there calling me stupid and to shut up because you're not going anywhere."

I'll give you one chance Donghae.

"I promise."