34 - Expedite Everything

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

There was never peace and quiet at FNC headquarters. Staff members scrambled to get from one place to another; managers of played unintentional games of hide-and-seek with their idol clinets; special effects tinkered with their technological gadgets; it was just chaotic. 

Meanwhile, FT Island was confined in a private conference room with CN Blue as their staff members tried to figure out the best motive as of right now. 

 

"What the hell were you thinking? How the hell did this all happen in the first place?" Jonghyun, manager of CN Blue, exclaimed as he reprimanded Seunghyun and the rest of FT Island. He directed his attention to Yunho before he censured, "You should have kept better watch on them. How did HE get a chance to talk with the Heiress anyways?"

CN Blue members sat down facing FT Island members, indifferent of the situation at hand while their managers went about a rant. However, FT Island wished they could only feel the same.

"So what now?" Yonghwa finally stood up after couple curses were thrown between the two elders. 

Minhwan couldn't help but let out, "What about Primadonna?" The room became silent. "What about FT Island? Are we really letting this get to us? It's just one scandal. We've had plenty of scandals but we overcame it. What make this different from the others? What's wrong if Seunghyun has a girlfriend? We've all dated before so what makes this situation so different?"

Jonghyun scoffed before he snidely remarked, "You just don't get it. This isn't just a girl. It's the Heiress. One of Seoul's biggest contributors in Seoul is Shinhae and he--" he pointed directly at Seunghyun before continuing, "he made himself known amongst her affairs. If anything, FNC could be in a quagmire if we make the wrong decision from here on out." 

"Okay, so I repeat, what now?" Yonghwa questioned as he leaned his back against the wall with his arms crossed. "Why are we entangled in FT Island's business?" He asked.

Yunho finally spoke in a stern voice, "Because, we have joint tours. President Han demanded that our tour be expedited. We're going to America, Los Angeles and New York. We'll be making our way back, holding our concerts in Singapore, Thailand, and Japan. FT Island will stay in Japan while CN Blue return back to Korea. We will release another album in Japan before we come back."

Jonghyun heaved out an irritated sigh as he pulled out a chair to sit down. He buried his head in his palms before he ruffled through his hair and slammed the table. 

Silence dominated the room before Jaejin finally asked, "When are we leaving?"

Yunho looked through his papers before he answered, "We're leaving in five days. Get ready, boys."

Seunghyun remained in his seat. He didn't move a muscle, he didnt say a thing. Everything was happening too quickly. Five days...was too fast. Nothing could get resolved in five days.

"When...when are we coming back?" His voice shook while he tried to hold the reserved facade. It was still hard for Seunghyun to face her. It's only been a few days before since it was announced over. But his heart hurt. He would always feel sharp contractions. He couldn't think straight and her words whispered in her head, like a guilty pleasure. 

"We're coming back in about three months. Things should be settled by then and all this could be thought of as rumors." Yunho stated tersely before he lifted his head to see the members' despondant figures. "It's the only way. Plus, consider her situation as well. She has the whole city, or rather the entire country to deal with..."

 

--

Eunsuh's POV:

I exhaled a huge amount of breath before I leaned back in my chair, right arm propped on top of my forehead. I tried to grasp my senses since the past two days have been hectic with the leak in media regarding me and Seunghyun's scandalous encounter.

"Eunsuh-sshi, please explain the situation--"

"Is there something really going on between you and FT Island's Song Seunghyun?"

"How long has this been going on?"

"Will this affect you in any other way."

The TV by my desk played the footage from the day before, in which I never addressed any of their invasive questions and taxingly pushed through the crowd with my bodyguards. I had one personal body guard--Minjae. My own cousin. Although, he's normally not the one out with her in the public where I would get eaten alive if it weren't for my guards. However, he'd be around when I'm safe at home, or at work. 

Lazy . Letting all your hardworking guys do all the work while you "supervise" them. I thought as I let out a smirk.

At home, unwilling to go through the ravenous media even for a brief two minutes to get out from my door to the car, I pulled myself up from the chair to go downstairs to get a cup of water. No one was home. Of course, it was already 9 am. I had work at 10, in which I sluggishly dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready.

Imagine seeing the heiress at home, stressing out and being lazy just like everyone else... 

I thought out to check that I'm still human, and not some workaholic freak. While brushing my teeth, I heard the door click to indicate that someone was coming in. I rushed to pull the toothbrush out of my mouth and rinse before running to my bedroom to close my door. Unless it was grandpa or my two uncles, I relaly did not want to talk to anyone regarding the situation. I haven't seen my cousins in a while for they were busy with thier own things. And, it's been a while since I've had an actual conversation with my uncles.

"NOONA!" A shout echoed throughout the hallway. I scrambled for my clothes, wondering what to wear for today while splaying out the various styles of clothing in front of me. Footsteps could be heard coming upstairs. And within that moment, furious knocks were heard.

"Noona! You better open this door." Minjae shouted, but I took my time in choosing my clothes. He could be obnoxious sometimes, but he was still my cousin that I loved oh-so-dearly. "Okay noona, I'm gonna break down the door...in 3.."

Oh .

That threat was never to be taken lightly. He would actually break down the door, conidering he, himself, worked for the secret service. He had broken down doors before when I took that threat lightly. Although the results would be devastating as we woud both get in trouble.

I immediately pulled my shirt off to change into the outfit I finally picked out. 

"2.."

"Hold on! I'm changing! Leave me alonee!" I yelled, trying to buy more time.

"1.."

"Dude! Seriously!" I exclaimed as I finally managed to pull on my skirt that went down to my lower thighs, just above my knees. 

With that, I finally opened the door. "What??"

Minjae had a snobby grin on his face before he got into his interrogation mode. "Noona, I thought you were with Jonghun hyung. When in the world did you change your interest to Seunghyun?"

Oh god, not this again.

I tried to block him out of my head as he continued to bug me for answers. "Come on, noona! Why can't you just let Jonghun hyung to call up Hara? That would be like my dream! Pleasee?"

"No. Gosh, I thought you were secret service. Be more professional" I admonished as I went downstairs to grab something to eat. Because he had such a loud voice, I was unaware of the door clicking to open.

"Come on, noona! How come you're the lucky one who got to know a celebrity, yet I'm stuck here beating people--"

 

"I hope you know that there are more pressing matters than what you two are discussing." A very audacious voice pierced the banter Minjae and i were involved in. 

We immediately stood up to greet the two uncles that just happened to show up at the worst time possible. My doctor uncle looked up at the time before he reminded me, "You're late for work, by the way."

My eyes grew wide as I swiftly turned to look at the clock hanging behind me on the wall next to the dining table. And I may have turned a bit too fast because I suddenly felt a strong pinch at the back of my neck. It was 10pm. ".." I quickly gathered my things, ran upstairs for my portfolio, before I came back down. "I'm leaving!" 

My feet slipped into my sneakers while I grabbed my matching heels that I was originally suppose to wear with the outfit. I took the last bite from the bread I held my dear life to, before I waved to my uncle and was about to exit the premise.

"Eunsuh, are you okay?" My prosecutor uncle worried. Like I said before, we haven't had a decent conversation since the whole scandal happened. What they knew is what they saw on televiion. 

I nodded before smiling reassuringly. I let out a soft laugh before I uttered, "I'm fine. Thanks for worrying. Don't worry about the issue...I'll take care of it.."

My uncles being uncles, wouldn't just let me rashly make decisions based on the given circumstances. They were also my checks to me being human. So that I'm not always putting 100% of my life into work. They always had a different motive. "I'd rather you be happy than to--"

I interrupted him, as I didn't want him to finish the sentence. It was already over and I didn't want second doubts. "I'll take care of it. He's just like the others anyways."

Silence crept in before the sound of the door closing was heard.

 

--

 

The press conference was live as the FT Island members stood at the stage, waving to their fans as well as the thousands of media waiting to chew them out.

 

"Seunghyun-goon, areyou really dating Kim EunSuh?"

"How is this even possible?"

"Is there a past history between you two?"

 

The ruthless media held up their mics as far as their boundaries allowed them to towards Seunghyun. However, Seunghyun was simply told to ignore their inquiries.

Hongki took the mic from one of the host before he hesitantly, but strongly announced, "FT Island and CN Blue will be going on our Expanse Tour once again. There has been some changes as we decided to make the tour occur sooner. We have been able to get this far with your support and we hope that you will continue to give your support. Thank you, Primadonna and BOICE! You guys are the best!"

With that, they headed behind stage while the managers stood out answering any relevant questions. 

 

--

Of course, the one person hearing this would feel her once strong heart crumble. She tried to stay strong about the whole incident, but what about now? He's soon enough going to be out of reach for a while...