12 - Moving out / Surprise

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

annyeongiran mal hello, hello ijen goodbye, goodbye
ijeuryeogo jakku aereul sseodo geuge andwae
nan hello, hello, oh neon goodbye, goodbye
ajikkkaji neoreul saranghandan mariya

 

I reached over for my phone.

“Yobusaeyo?” I answered, still half asleep.

“We’re here.” I hear on the other line.

“Who’s we? Leave me alone~” I whine on the other line, still having not coming to my senses.

“YAH! IF SHE DOESN’T COME OUT IN 5 MINUTES, WE’RE LEAVING” I heard Hongki yell.

Suddenly it came to me that it was morning. I must have fallen asleep. Oh crap, I’m not even ready.

“AHHH! GIVE ME 10 MINUTES!!! #*&%(*^($*%” I yelled as I grabbed a pair of jeans while trying to brush my teeth at the same time.

“I think I just went deaf…” I heard Seunghyun grumble over the phone…

After quickly finishing my morning routine and looking myself over at the mirror to make sure I looked decent, I flung the door open and ran out to the entrance only to run into someone.

“Woah, calm down! I almost got smacked by that door!!” Minhwan pointed to the door and back at him. I was out of breath.

“I-I’m….so….sorry! I fell…asleep…without setting my alarm…” I tried to utter between my breaths. Minhwan only patted my back and everyone just either let out a smirk or a small laugh.

 

Jaejin, Minhwan, and Seunghyun followed me to my hotel room, and literally the room was clean when they left.

Wow, this might end quicker than I thought…

They packed the last set of bags onto the van by the time I set foot outside the lobby. Hongki looked towards my direction and smirked before he nodded to Minhwan and Jaejin.

That must have stood for something because suddenly they walk towards me, each on either side of me, and wrapped their arms around my shoulder.

“Are you done with all your household shopping?” Minhwan asked as we walked towards a silver Kia Optima.

I shook my head. I haven’t thought about it until yesterday night. “Is this your car?” I asked while pointing at it and inspecting it. It was a nice car. I can’t say I’m a car person, but if the car looks nice, then I have no issues with it.

“It’s Jaejin-hyung’s. The maknae’s don’t get a car..” Minhwan huffed a breath, which made me smile at how adorable he looked.

Jaejin unlocked the car and we were off. Once we got to the mall, which had everything from household appliances to clothes to pencils and erasers, Minhwan ran around, grabbing everything that I would possibly need: toothbrush/paste, tumbler, pans, dishes, bowls, cups, soaps, EVERYTHING, etc. I was amazed at his speed.

“Don’t be surprised. He usually knows where to go get what when we end up coming to the mall.” Jaejin commented, as I stood there with a cart that was…full.  When he came back to finally reunite with the group, he was out of breath.

“Is that everything?” He asked.

I gave him some juice that I bought at a nearby café and smiled, “I think that’s more than enough.”

We literally had everything. The only things I might not have at my apartment was furniture. BUT, I did not want to worry about that right now.

Suddenly, someone’s phone rang. Jaejin took out his phone and answered the text message that he had received.

“I think we’re done here, right? Do you want to go?” He asked. However, I noticed an ice cream shop ahead.

“Wait! Could we get ice cream?” I asked with pleading eyes. Minhwan joined in when he heard icecream.

Jaejin rolled his eyes as he smiled. “God, what are you? Five? We have to goo” He urged.

Minhwan and I continued to look at him with puppy-dog eyes. “PWEEAASSEEE Oppa???? I’ll payyyyy~” I said in a sing-song voice. JaeJin looked away and eventually started walking in the direction of the ice cream parlor.

Knowing that we had succeeded, I high-fived Minhwan and ran over to Jaejin’s direction.

We got to the ice cream parlor and got our individual ice cream. As I was about to pay for theirs, suddenly, Minhwan literally pushes me so that Jaejin could stand in line.

I fell to the floor and glared at Minhwan. “Is she okay?” I heard the cashier ask in a voice of concern. Jaejin looked down at me, then back at the cashier and stated, “Yeah she’s fine.” And smirked. I pouted with my legs and arms crossed on the ground until Minhwan helped me up.

I sighed as I took my ice cream from the cashier and found a seat. They soon joined in. “You didn’t have to do that…you guys already helped me enough. I was gonna pay…” I started mumbling as I dug into my ice cream.

They just snickered at the sight of me eating my ice cream. It was no use trying to argue about who’s paying and who’s not. After we had finished, Minhwan and Jaejin offered to carry all the bags that we shopped for. It was like 12 bags, that all had some weight in it. They each carried like 5, leaving you with the two remaining.

As we were walking, or I was walking, they were like power walking. Maybe I just have shorter legs so it seemed like they were power walking. Curse my short height. They were way ahead of me, and thus when I tried to run towards their direction, they became engulfed in the crowd. I looked everywhere, trying to look above the crowd on a nearby bench, but I couldn’t find them.

I sat down on the bench, waiting for some time, but I couldn’t find them, and they couldn’t find me.

Great, now I’m lost…AGAIN.

I dialed Seunghyun’s number, since it was the only number that I knew of FT island.

 

Anyeonghasaeyo! This is Seunghyun. Lea--

 

I hung up before I heard the rest of the greeting before it would lead me to voice mail.

Since sitting was not productive, I walked towards the nearest exit and right when I reached the door, my phone range and it was an unfamiliar number.

“Yobusaeyo?” I answered.

“Hey, it’s Minhwa—“

“YOU FREAKING LITTLE @#$#%#^ WHERE ARE YOU? HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE ME LIKE THAT?? “ I yelled into the phone, with some anger, relief, and exaggeration.

The line went silent. “Hello?” I asked in my regular voice as I regained myself.

“I think I just went deaf…” I heard Minhwan talking to Jaejin on the other line.

“Hello? Sorry, it took us a while to find that you were not with us…anyways, where are you? We’ll come get you. Actualy, It hink we just found you.” Jaejin took the phone and stated.

Suddenly, I heard a honk to find Minhwan and Jaejin waving sheepishly. If this was anime, they would have giant sweatdrops to complement that expression that they held on their faces.

Those two are so dead…

I stepped into the car and didn’t say a word. How could they not know I went missing until now. Ugh, stupid.

Minhwan kept poking my right arm multiple times, which I managed to ignore. “Are you mad?? Don’t be madd~” He would whine as he poked more frequently.

“Well, I called you, didn’t I? It’s not my fault Seunghyun was bsy and couldn’t pick up his phone to give me your number.” Jaejin argued..

“whatever,” I mumbled as I sat with my arms crossed and looked out the window.

We finally got to the apartment. My feet were killing me. The thought of relaxing at my new apartment was ruined when I reminded myself that I still have to get furniture for my room. Such a pain.

When I knocked on the door, no one answered. I looked at Minhwan and Jaejin behind me, and they just shrugged, looking clueless as well. I gave the keys to Jonghun, thus had no way in if it was locked. I reached for the doorknob and turned. It was unlocked.

AH! Why is the door unlocked?? Why did I leave them the keys?? What if there’s a burglar inside???? WHERE DID THEY GO WITHOUT LOCKING THE DOOR????

I started panicking as I pushed open the door. It was completely dark. Jaejin and Minhwan followed in and they found the lights.

 

“SURPRISE!”

 

Honki and Seunghyun pupoed out from behind….the couch? I had a couch?

Looking around the apartment, I found everything furnished? How is that even possible?

 

MinHwan and Jaejin had their arms crossed as they leaned their backs against the wall. “Happy Birthday!” They said in unison and came over to give me a hug.

“How…how did you know?” I stumbled.

“Seunghyun told us it was your birthday today, so we decided to help you completely move everything.” Jaejin stated as he walked in front of me to join the rest of the group.

“Sorry for leaving you at the mall…” Minhwan said timidly as he fiddled with his finger.s “It was to make sure we get everything back here and give these guys the time to organize before we bring you here.” He continued.

It was an amazing sight. The apartment was a one bedroom, with a kitchen and dining hall. There was a plasma TV up on the wall with a table beneath it, that had the DVD player and PS3 on top of it. I went into my bedroom to find a twin sized bed, a desk, lamp, and a banner that had all the members faces, signatures, and birthday messages. It was amazing how they set everything up.

“Wait, did you guys BUY all of this?” I asked, about to feel guilty if they did.

“No. Of course not.” Jonghun suddenly remarked out of nowhere. He smirked when he caught sight of my eyes

“Oh psch, I’m sorry. I didn’t ask you!” I said as I stuck my tongue out at him.

He laughed as he ruffled through my hair. “Your family furnsied the room. We were going to, but they beat us to it so we thought we’d finish up everything else.” He said as he handed me several cards

It was from everyone in the family. I read through each and every word on the cards and a smile of relief, appreciation, and just happiness was plastered onto my face.

 “thank you…” I whispered, and looked up to meet everyone’s eyes.

 

“You’re getting all teary-eyed over that?” Hongki teased.

“Yeah, you haven’t even gotten our presents!” Jaejin followed up.

“but I thought…helping me move in..and setting all this…up—“ I was interrupted when I suddenly heard the guitar playing.

I walked over to my bedroom to see Jonghun sit at my desk chair, and Minhwan on my bed with several set ups. It wasn’t a complete drum set but just enough to play the song. There was one other guitar set against the wall

When I walked in, Jonghun smiled as he started to play, Baby Love. The rest of the band members sat down or stood in front of me. Seunghyun grabbed the other guitar and joined Jonghun.

Jonghun: Chookhahae, baby baby baby love.

Minhwan: Honey, honey honey love

Hongki: Neoman neoman chookhahae, yeongwontorok

Jaejin: Gieokhae oneul oneul oneuldo

naeil naeil naeildo

Seunghyun: Oneulboda naeil deo neol chookhahalge

They switched up the lyrics to Baby Love so that it matched the situation at hand. A short chorus it was but it was such a pretty song. I did not have anything to say. It was just too much.

Suddenly Minhwan got up and ran from the room with Seunghyun. Jonghun looked at me and smiled.

I proceeded to give hugs to the members, thanking them. All except Minhwan and Seunghyun, who disappeared.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Knowing that it’s either MinHwan or Seunghyun, I turn only to have my face smushed into a handful of icing. I paused for a brief moment, taken back from a brief shock. What just happened…

Seunghyun and Minhwan high fived each other and yelled, “Happy Birthday!” Everyone clapped and chuckled. I saw cake right in front of me…ice cream cake.

My eyes sparkled..best cake ever…

Whether or not I had stuff on my face, I proceeded to ask for the knife to cut the cake. It looked so good!

“You know, normal people would clean their face first??” Hongki remarked in a cocky manner.

“Well, if you haven’t noticed, I’m not normal!” I stuck my tongue out and continued putting intense concentration in cutting the cake.

At the corner of my eye, I could see Jonghun smiling at my response. He walked over with a towel and tried to wipe off the icing that was on my face.

I refused to look him in the eye as he continued to wipe off the icing that was near my lips. I pulled away, and looked at the cake. Within seconds, my eyes sparkled.

“Okie, I’m done cutting it!” I shout out.

Everyone gathered around, ready to eat cake. They realize that the cake was cut unproportionately, and they eye me curiously.

“What??? The big piece is MINE!” I whined when I saw Seunghyun trying to escape with the big piece.

I jumped him from behind, trying to make him let go of the big piece on his plate. After getting smacked on the back a bajillion times, he eventually gave up and gave me the plate.

“Yayyy! Thank you, Seunghyun-ieeeee” I said in my biggest aegyo voice and he just rolled his eyes and walked over to get the remaining piece of cake left.

 

Today is a good day. Best birthday of my life (:

 


Yay! Move in/ Birthday!

Double update! Yay!

Okie, so a couple days ago, it was JaeJin's 21st birthday :D YAY! Happy Birthday to him!

 

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!