14 - Wish Come True P.2

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Jonghun’s POV~

I held the puzzle piece in my hand, and observed how well they fit with one another.

~

Three days from now it was going to be her thirteenth birthday. I wanted to deliver to her directly the perfect present. A custom made ceramic puzzle piece pendant. I would have one, and so would she. It would have been perfect.

I asked my manager if I could have the day off or just a couple hours off. However, they would only show me sympathy, saying that they know how much I miss my family but if I really wanted to go through with this, to hold off just a little longer.

I had no choice but to have it delivered through mail…

For some reason, I felt as though I didn’t have any more time left. I felt that she would leave me. I left her standing as I was recruited as a trainee under FNC. She was definitely happy for me but neither of us understood the extent to how we would almost never see each other again.

Without a word, I started to drift apart from her. Texts became less and less. Phone calls was a thing in the past. I just needed more time…I was hoping this would buy me time…

~

Hongki suddenly sat on the couch next to me and grabbed the remote that was sitting on the coffee table in front of us.

“Today was fun, right? She’s not bad either. Really cute. Not my style but really cute.” He commented.

“Yeah, I guess…” I replied back. It was pretty late. Her birthday would be over soon. How would she spend the rest of the night?

I scratched the back of my head as all these thoughts boggled my mind. I honestly did not know what to think. “Is everyone back in their rooms?” I asked to divert my thoughts elsewhere.

“I think Seunghyun went out to Han Gang. That kid still believes in wishes or something. He goes there quite often.” Hongki said as he lazily flipped through the channels.

 

The river…

 

I got off from the couch and rummaged through my bags from my keys.

“YAH! Where are you headed?” Hongki asked out of curiosity. It was late. I understand his concern but I had to go.

“Out. I might be late.” With that said, I shut the door behind me and ran over to my car.

 

Please be there…don’t leave me again…

~

Oh Jonghun-ah! What brings you here? I hope all is going well for you” Eunsuh’s aunt praised as she opened the door.

Anyeonghasaeyo. Is EunSuh here? It’s been a while and I wanted to stop by and say hi…” I mumbled. It was kind of awkward to say that I wanted to meet someone after not talking to them for almost a year.

Her warm, greeting smile slowly faded as she looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

She didn’t tell you…did she?” My heart stopped for a moment and then started racing as I was already anticipating the worst.

Tell me what?” My voice shook.

She’s leaving for America. It’s been hard for her, here, so the whole family thought it would be better for her to finish her highschool and college years in America.” Her aunt said in almost a whisper-like voice.

No…no…! No, I was stupid…I should have called her more often. I should have put more time into at least talking to her, texting her. I took her for granted…thinking that she’d be there when I was never there…no, this can’t be happeneing…

I felt my heart sink. I felt like breaking down in front of the door. If I wasn’t leaning against the wall, my knees would have given out and I would have been on the floor. Questions, doubts, started hazing my mind.

I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder.

You might still be able to catch her…she went to the Han River not too long ago…” She smiled with sympathy. I thanked her and immediately ran.

 

EunSuh, please wait for me…I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Please just wait…

 

Tears started to overwhelm my eyes as I ran as fast as I could to the river. However, when I had reached the river, she wasn’t there. All I saw, was a tiny boat…

~

I bit onto my lips as I accelerated my car. It was 11:45. The rain poured. However, I did not care. Time was crucial. I wanted to get there before her birthday was over. Knowing her, that was always her spot. That was our spot.

When I got there, I could hear her talking to someone. I walk over to hear the conversation more clearly and to see her talking to Seunghyun.

She looked pale. The last time I saw her was when we were kids. She was twelve. I was fifteen. She was cute back then. She was only still a little kid back then. Even then, she was my first love...and it never changed how I felt about her.

“Shouldn’t you head back? It’s only going to get colder and I don’t think this rain is going to die down anytime soon…” I heard Seunghyun say with a small hint of concern. I saw his eyes and he really cared about her...

 

But she's mine--

 

“I guess…” she sighed as glanced at her phone, interrupting my selfish thoughts. “Just a little longer…I’m suppose to be meeting someone…but I might get stood up.”

 

Meet someone…? Stood up…? What???

 

I stood there confused as questions filled my mind. Who is it that she was waiting for? It can’t be me, right? The whole reason she left Korea was to get away from me…so who is she waiting for?

“You? Even you have the fear of getting stood up?” Seunghyun followed up, which made her laugh.

 

You always looked so much prettier when you laughed and smiled…

 

I saw her look down at her feet. There was a part of me that wanted to jump in there and hug her, but there was another part of me that asked me to wait and see who she was waiting for…

Thinking about her waiting for someone else infuriated me. It’s been seven years since she’s left me. Seven long years. We may have met again by chance but…we finally met, after seven years. Does she not see that?

Without me even thinking, I had taken a step forward. She looked up and faced me, while I was still kind of hidden. Her eyes widened, but they grew even larger when I came into view.

Seunghyun had also turned to see me, and he was surprised.

 

Everything fell silent…

 

I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to know how she was. I wanted to know if she even remembered me, how special we were, how everything was back then…

 

“Kim Eun Suh…” I called out quietly.

 

Her smile wiped off her face. Everything grew silent as I stared into her eyes…

 


Yay! I finished Jonghun's POV :D

 

Okie, hope you guys enjoyed! 

Thank you for all your support! :D

 

Subscribe and comment to show more support :)

 

It's almost New Year! :D Yayy! Much Love!